• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Thanks donsino.May the good Lord never allows any of our luck to hindered,Amen.

I am from Nigeria.

It is well with ALL of US.

Thanks donsino.May the good Lord never allows any of our luck to be hindered,Amen.

I am from Nigeria.

Dear All:

I am DV 2011 winners with high case number (over 35000) from Asia. I have no idea how they assigned the case number and it seems that the case numbers for people from asia are high for this time. The following are the cases I guess how they assigned the case numbers.

Case 1. All the selectees are principal applicants of which it means the relatives have no hidden case number. Each case number is assigned for each principal applicant. In addition the numbers are mixed for all regions. For example, if the first seletee is from africa his/her
case number is AF000001 and then if the second seletee is from asia his/her case number is AS000002. please refer to the following

1st selectee AF000001 --> from africa
2nd selectee AS000002 --> from asia
3rd selectee AF000003 --> from africa
4th selectee AF000004 --> from africa
5th selectee AF000005 --> from africa
6th selectee EU000006 --> from europe
:
100609th selectee 2011XX100609

Case 2. The case numbers include hidden numbers for principal applicants' relatives (husband, wife or kids) and the case numbers
assigned are also mixed for all regions. please refer to the following example

1st selectee AF000001 --> from africa as single
2nd selectee AF000002 --> from africa with 3 relatives
3rd selectee AS000006 --> from asia with 2 kids
4th selectee AS000009 --> from asia as single
5th selectee EU000010 --> from europe with wife
6th selectee NA000012 --> from North America as single
7th selectee AF000013 --> from africa as single
8th selectee AF000014 --> from africa as single
:
100607th selectee 2011XX100607 --> from wherever with husband and a kid

Case 3. The case numbers include hidden numbers for principal applicants' relatives (husband, wife or kids) and the case numbers
assigned are NOT mixed for all regions. please refer to the following example

Region ASIA
1st selectee AS000001 --> single
2nd selectee AS000002 --> with 3 relatives
3rd selectee AS000006 --> 2 kids
4th selectee AS000009 --> single
5th selectee AS000010 --> with wife
6th selectee AS000012 --> single
:
XXXth selectee 2011ASxxxxxx --> the last selectee from asia

Region AFRICA
1st selectee AF000001 --> single
2nd selectee AF000002 --> single
3rd selectee AF000003 --> 2 kids
4th selectee AF000006 --> wife and 2 kids
5th selectee AF000010 --> with wife
6th selectee AF000012 --> single
:
XXXth selectee 2011AFxxxxxx --> the last selectee from africa

Region EUROPE
1st selectee EU000001 --> wife and 3 kids
2nd selectee EU000006 --> single
3rd selectee EU000007 --> single
4th selectee EU000008 --> wife and 1 kid
5th selectee EU000011 --> with wife
6th selectee EU000012 --> single
:
XXXth selectee 2011EUxxxxxx --> the last selectee from Europe

Which case makes sense?

Thanks donsino.May the good Lord never allows any of our luck to be hindered,Amen.

I am from Nigeria.

It is well my brother. I will suggest u browse through nigeria and ghanian DV 2010 thread and every of the other thread as many times
as u can. It's really of great help. I am from Nigeria too and will be having my interview soon as u can see on my signature below.
Gudluch!!!

It is well my brother. I will suggest u browse through nigeria and ghanian DV 2010 thread and every of the other thread as many times
as u can. It's really of great help. I am from Nigeria too and will be having my interview soon as u can see on my signature below.
Gudluch!!!

I wish u best of luck donsino.Remember your interview is a success already.
The good Lord that started with u will definitely stand by ur side.
Go out there and succeed.
It is well with ur body,soul & spirit.
Once,wishing u a happy successful interview.

I wish u best of luck donsino.Remember your interview is a success already.
The good Lord that started with u will definitely stand by ur side.
Go out there and succeed.
It is well with ur body,soul & spirit.
Once,wishing u a happy successful interview.

Thanks bro

I am very upset because i know a friend registered 3 times in DV 2011 and and he won, this is cheating and how KCC accept this kind of deception.

I am very upset because i know a friend registered 3 times in DV 2011 and and he won, this is cheating and how KCC accept this kind of deception.

I am really surprised to hear this. I used to think they have a way of finding out if someone enters multiple entries and they will disqualify such a person
from participating in the draw. I don't know what to say but if this is true then it's not good coz such people minimize others chances of winning.
I wish him goodluck and he should just pray it doesn't backfire later. KCC has to make some ammends to this coz if everyone enters multiple entry
then some one may even be selected twice which is uncalled for. There's nothing you or anyone can do. My advice to everyone is not to indulge in cheating
coz if someone is meant to win no one will stop him.

I am really surprised to hear this. I used to think they have a way of finding out if someone enters multiple entries and they will disqualify such a person
from participating in the draw. I don't know what to say but if this is true then it's not good coz such people minimize others chances of winning.
I wish him goodluck and he should just pray it doesn't backfire later. KCC has to make some ammends to this coz if everyone enters multiple entry
then some one may even be selected twice which is uncalled for. There's nothing you or anyone can do. My advice to everyone is not to indulge in cheating
coz if someone is meant to win no one will stop him.

Don't worry, he will be caught and be denied the visa. The will let him waste his money and time and eventually disqualifies him.

jws0630, I believe case 3 is the right one. No one knows for sure but it seems the most likely from my observations.

Winners Only please

Ok... so I'm looking forward to entering this lottery again later this year and I would like to ask the winners how did they prepare their entry pics to ensure that all specifications were met. Please only winners need to answer since we are sure that their method worked. I find that getting the picture right is the most frustrating part of the lottery and I want to do this right. Please share your methods..thanks!!

Winners Only please

Ok... so I'm looking forward to entering this lottery again later this year and I would like to ask the winners how did they prepare their entry pics to ensure that all specifications were met. Please only winners need to answer since we are sure that their method worked. I find that getting the picture right is the most frustrating part of the lottery and I want to do this right. Please share your methods..thanks!!

Hi,
For DV2009 and DV2010 I made the picture by myself with my camera, but I wasn't 100% sure it would be good enough...and actually never won
For DV2011 I went to a photography shop with the requirements, they made me the picture and put it on a CD for me, I guess It's the best way to do it! By doing it by yourself it s difficult to prevent shadows or red eyes... so follow my advice and just go to a shop. (and I won!!! I even went back to that same shop to tell them and make the photograph for KCC)

Hi,
For DV2009 and DV2010 I made the picture by myself with my camera, but I wasn't 100% sure it would be good enough...and actually never won
For DV2011 I went to a photography shop with the requirements, they made me the picture and put it on a CD for me, I guess It's the best way to do it! By doing it by yourself it s difficult to prevent shadows or red eyes... so follow my advice and just go to a shop. (and I won!!! I even went back to that same shop to tell them and make the photograph for KCC)

Thanks for your input and advice. I actually tried that a couple years ago and the photographer was soo clueless, it was as if I was talking another language. I may have to look for a young techie photographer this time if I choose to go that route.

Anyone else with some advice?

Thanks for your input and advice. I actually tried that a couple years ago and the photographer was soo clueless, it was as if I was talking another language. I may have to look for a young techie photographer this time if I choose to go that route.

Anyone else with some advice?

If u tried that a couple of years ago, it was different.
Now, most of the shops already know about the lottery (which country are you from? I've done mine in the UK)
When I went there, I made sure I printed the photograph requirements from the government web site to show them, but they already knew since a lot of people are asking for those now.
(The number of applicants at the lottery double up in the last few years...)

Anyway good luck for DV-2012! Hopefully I will be giving you some advice next year about the process :)

As it is written in the book of psalm 91: I quote "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty,we will say of the LORD, He is our refuge and my fortress: our God; IN HIM WILL WE TRUST.Fellow lucky winners,there is no need to be afraid,he is always there for us.We shall ALL have a successful interview and VISA GRANTED IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winners Only please

I took my family photos with my own digital camera and adjusted them using the photoshop. What I changed in my photos is crop it and change the resolution according to the requirements. BUT I am not a good photographer or a photoshop expert . In addition I could later notice a slight shadow behind my picture.

This is my experience, but best thing is, as sothers sugest, find a good photographer.

Who knows my CN is very high because of my photo. :confused:

Hi, I have a quick question. My parents won the DV-2011 and they got their first NL in May, sent it back in with everything required about 2 weeks later. My question is, their number is relatively low EU000015**. Do you guys have any idea when they should expect the 2NL about the interview and all that.
They really want to know, cause I have to tell them how to do all their papers and everything. I'm already LPR. :)
Answers appreciated.

Hi, I have a quick question. My parents won the DV-2011 and they got their first NL in May, sent it back in with everything required about 2 weeks later. My question is, their number is relatively low EU000015**. Do you guys have any idea when they should expect the 2NL about the interview and all that.
They really want to know, cause I have to tell them how to do all their papers and everything. I'm already LPR. :)
Answers appreciated.

Hy,

it's pretty sure the are going to have their interwiev in october 2010, s the 2ND nl should appear soon. Maybe they should start doing the medical exams an the gather the rest of the form to be prepared.

Good luck, and hopefully you will share the succesfull interview story with us too!