• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Donsino Dear;
We are waiting anxiously for ur interveiw. Please tell us what happened when it is done and don't forget us.
Wishing u luck, happiness and success.

Guy good having this forum I am so glad to say am a winner...my CASE No is 2011AF000172** I hear some folks talking about cut off number as a Nigerian When is our number schedule for interview do any one have any idea ? KCC Have not confirmed the recipt of my package still hoping for the best and thanking God for making us winners! Hola back

Hello sista_mai,

Me too I ve been selected for DV21011 and I can't wait for my 2nde NL letter.
My case is DV2011EU15XXX.
Nice to see that I am not he only one French here.

Hey! Nice to meet u dori1979!
I might be current for november or december :) I can get everything I need for the interview, my only problem right now is the criminal record check from canada, this can take up to 4-5 months!!! Anyway Im just praying so it will be quick .
Are u gonna have your interview in Paris?

Hi Sista_mai

Here's a snatch from someone else post that might be helpful for you regarding the record check:

=====
I obtained the RCMP police certificate. Cost was $40. Check this link: "commissionaires.ca". They have offices all over Canada. They took about 7 business days to process and mail the report. You could probably go to your local police office and ask them to issue a police certificate so long as it notes that Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or the national criminal records repository was searched. Don't forget you also need to obtain police certificates for any other countries you resided in after you were 16 years and older.

I was told by the US consulate that medical examinations and police certificate are valid up to 1 year from when they were performed. I wouldn't obtain these document until you were current for your interview.
=====

Good luck in getting your documents in time.

Hey! Nice to meet u dori1979!
I might be current for november or december :) I can get everything I need for the interview, my only problem right now is the criminal record check from canada, this can take up to 4-5 months!!! Anyway Im just praying so it will be quick .
Are u gonna have your interview in Paris?

Hi Sista_mai

Here's a snatch from someone else post that might be helpful for you regarding the record check:

=====
I obtained the RCMP police certificate. Cost was $40. Check this link: "commissionaires.ca". They have offices all over Canada. They took about 7 business days to process and mail the report. You could probably go to your local police office and ask them to issue a police certificate so long as it notes that Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or the national criminal records repository was searched. Don't forget you also need to obtain police certificates for any other countries you resided in after you were 16 years and older.

I was told by the US consulate that medical examinations and police certificate are valid up to 1 year from when they were performed. I wouldn't obtain these document until you were current for your interview.
=====

Good luck in getting your documents in time.

Hi Montreal2011DV!!!

Thanks very much for that info but the problem is Im not in Montreal right now! Im in the UK so this is why I have to submit a paper based fingerprint, the only way I could have this within 72h would be to come in Montreal (or anywhere else in CAnada) which I wasn t planning to do before november...
So basically I might gonna have to pay a flight and take a week vacation just to get that "maudit" criminal record check!
I already sent the paper based one, so we'll see...

That is so cool u got 3 citizenships! but that's gonna be a pbm when you will ask for the american one, you just allowed to have 2 with them i think, me as well Im french and canadian citizen, so I will have to give out one, but anyway, we are really far from there :)

Hello, I was selected this year for DV2011. I receiveed the NL1 in May and sent the form back in June through regular mail. I live in Boston; supposedly USPS is pretty reliable.

My question is, will I get any notice that my form is received? Or I have to call to ask them? Thanks!

----
# DV2011 AS0027xxx
NL1: May 04
Sent Form back: June 04

Yes, you can callto confirm about ur forms delivery confirmation

Or mail to KCCDV@state.gov

You sent by regular mail. and It will be take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. So please make a inquiry after 2 weeks

Thanking you

Mmm now I understand, when you're residing outside Canada you have to request fingerprint-based searches from the RCMP. And yes paper based request takes longer than the digital one.

Good luck buddy

Hi Montreal2011DV!!!

Thanks very much for that info but the problem is Im not in Montreal right now! Im in the UK so this is why I have to submit a paper based fingerprint, the only way I could have this within 72h would be to come in Montreal (or anywhere else in CAnada) which I wasn t planning to do before november...
So basically I might gonna have to pay a flight and take a week vacation just to get that "maudit" criminal record check!
I already sent the paper based one, so we'll see...

That is so cool u got 3 citizenships! but that's gonna be a pbm when you will ask for the american one, you just allowed to have 2 with them i think, me as well Im french and canadian citizen, so I will have to give out one, but anyway, we are really far from there :)

Mmmm I just checked the list of the required vaccines ... I don't have my vaccination record with me anymore... and some vaccines are really expensive, for example the meningococcal vaccine alone will cost 150$ * 2 = 300 $ (me and my wife). I think I'll have to expect a 1000 $ expense me and my wife only for the vaccines. 250 * 2 = 500 for the medical records.
DV Visa : 750 * 2 = 1500 which totals to a nice 3000$.

Sista_mai
I just updated my profile signature to reflect the sent documents to KCC.
Could you please tell whether there's a minimal time to wait to contact KCC to confirm the reception?
And could you as well provide me with more info on the fact that you have to renounce citizenship to become American if already someone has more than one?
Thanks