• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

I received my letter via email after I found out that I was selected online via the dvlottery site on the 7 July using
my confirmation number. I then waited till 1st of august and contacted KCC with details like: date of birth, confirmation number,
country of chargeabilty and full names after which I got a reply from them on 5th of august with my selectee packet.
I hope that answered ur question

thanks for ur reply

u kept a hope for every one

I wish every member in this forum best of luck when checking the status of their application online as July is just around the corner.
I played the lottery for about 20 people who don't even care to know if the results is out or if they won. I am keeping my fingers crossed that
some of them and all the members here will come with their testimonies.
Gudluck everyone!!!

Hi Donsino,
We are waiting to see more people join this family of the Lord. But know that the die has been cast with the statistics given already in mid June on the 2011 results, nothing will change just that those who havent received their NLs can now verify online otherwise those statistics wouldnt change.

Donsino,I have one concern for you though it is a hand of help that you gave others by playing the lottery for them (20 people),do you have all their details saved somewhere because I read a case in this forum where someone played for another and omitted the person`s family members.I hope this is not the case with the 20 people you played for otherwise it would be a disaster,instead of jubilations for having won he/she would be at grief for not being able to get the visa because of missed information.

Wish you all good luck with the checking

Cheers

Hi Donsino,
We are waiting to see more people join this family of the Lord. But know that the die has been cast with the statistics given already in mid June on the 2011 results, nothing will change just that those who havent received their NLs can now verify online otherwise those statistics wouldnt change.

Donsino,I have one concern for you though it is a hand of help that you gave others by playing the lottery for them (20 people),do you have all their details saved somewhere because I read a case in this forum where someone played for another and omitted the person`s family members.I hope this is not the case with the 20 people you played for otherwise it would be a disaster,instead of jubilations for having won he/she would be at grief for not being able to get the visa because of missed information.

Cheers

all those i played for are my fellow students and they are all single besides they are all single. CHEERS

Hi Donsino,

Cheers

all those i played for are my fellow students and they are all single besides i saved all their infos CHEERS

I received my NL in mid April 2010 and have sent of the application forms with confirmation of receipt by the KCC. However, I did not include any address in the US where i would want my green card posted. What is the implication of this?

I know we can check status on/after July 1st, 2010 but is it for further processing i.e. for second letter or first letter.

I think EDV-2011 can now be checked online. I wonder if they are still working on the system though....cos they say DV2010 results would be available until June 2010.

2011 Entrant Check:
"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2011 Electronic Diversity Visa program."
Does this mean it is not selected or they are in the process?

I am confused; my brother already got the first letter for 2011DV and he submitted the documents to KCC. But, why 2011 Entrant Check says "has not been selected"?

That's odd. Since he's already been sent the notification letter from KCC, he should be okay though.

EIDT: It seems this has happened to a few others who have received winning letters from KCC already. Read here

Last edited by a moderator:
If your entry status says "Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing..." does this mean they simply didn't pull your name out of the draw OR that you messed up & made an error on your application that disqualified you? I ask because if it was a mistake I don't want to make it again next year! If I'm just unlucky oh well! :)

Friends!
You can not use your CN that is on your first letter. It must be the e-mail CN that was sent to you when you applied for DV.
Quote from help doc. from
https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/(S(lg2amf55lc5syv45a01g5l45))/WebHelp/ESC_Online_Help.htm

To use the Entrant Status Check (ESC) Web site to check on the status of your Diversity Visa (DV) lottery submission, you must have:
•Submitted your DV lottery entry for the previous lottery year
•Your confirmation information that was displayed after you successfully submitted your entry
When you submitted your entry, you were presented with and asked to retain your Submission Confirmation. The Submission Confirmation displays the Entrant Confirmation Number, Last/Family Name (or blank if none), and Year of Birth. You must have this information available in order to check the status of your entry.

The Confirmation Number is 16 characters long (alphanumeric) and starts with the numeric digits 2011 (two-zero-one-one).

Example: 20111O0DZWY3DOV9

To distinguish zeros from capital “O”s:

0 = Number Zero (Number Zero in bold: 20111O0DZWY3DOV9)

O = Letter “O” (Letter “O” in bold: 20111O0DZWY3DOV9)
If your entry status says "Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing..." does this mean they simply didn't pull your name out of the draw OR that you messed up & made an error on your application that disqualified you? I ask because if it was a mistake I don't want to make it again next year! If I'm just unlucky oh well! :)

What I meant by information was the information I put for my application. (ie. place of birth, picture, education etc)

I think you are referring to information as the confirmation number. I'm certain I put that in correctly into the entry status check!

This is what I got from online check, just for others information

Dear Selectee,

Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2011 lottery.

If you have not yet received your selectee letter, please do not contact KCC until after August 1, 2010. International mail delivery delays of one month or more are normal. KCC will not respond to questions they receive before August 1, 2010 regarding non-receipt of selectee letters. If you still have not received your selectee letter by August 1, 2010, however, you may contact KCC by email at kccdv@state.gov.

Friends,
I have a question; is it too late to send a corrected DS-230? The reason i ask is because there is a mistake in place of birth and we would like to correct it before it gets processing.
Will the KCC look at the old DS-230 and compare with new DS-230 and can deny the application.