• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Hi,
We in Naija have started receiving NL since April 2010.our NIPOST is as efficient as anyone in the world.Just be expectant,I received mine that month.

I guess we'll have to move early on 2011, as our CN seems to be quite low.

Thank you very much Shihabmh for your answer.

All the best! I guess my hope for dv2011 are dead by now. I'm not giving up, DV 2012 is just around the corner - that will be my 17th attempt!

I have a question, is it true that the later you apply, the later you get an answer? Is that why some people get an NL early and some get it weeks later?
And is there a way I can find out how many people from each country apply to the dv lottery
Thanks

Hello Friends!
I have couple questions.
In DS230 #10 my brother missed to include pre-directional on the address (my address here in USA).
Eg: my address is 90012 N. 89th Street and he forgot to include N.; will this make a big difference?
My nephew was born in 04/03/2010 and DS230 was signed and dated on 06/08/2010 but in DS230 for my nephew his age was indicated as 1 month; will this make much of a difference?
Also, in 43a he checked YES, i believe he should have left it blank?

Please advise!

Thanks,

I have a question, is it true that the later you apply, the later you get an answer? Is that why some people get an NL early and some get it weeks later?
And is there a way I can find out how many people from each country apply to the dv lottery
Thanks

It's not true. They send NL according to batches and no one knows how or the process at which it is being
sent. I know of a pal who entered the lottery at the deadline date yet he received his as early as May with
a very low case number. How KCC sends NL and how the lottery is being conducted are best known to them only.
There is no website one can find out how many people played in a specified country, however, the is a way
we can find out how many people were selected in any country.

Hello All,

I am currently in my first year of H1B and got selected for the DV.

I need some directions. After I submitted my DSP122, I got my letter of intent to AOS. I know that now I need to pay the DOS, a diversity visa fee before i can file for AOS between October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011. My questions are:
1. Where do i pay the State Diversity Visa fee and how much?
(Is it to the address on the attached sheet on the intent to AOS letter, along with check/self stamped envelope?)

2. I know i should be starting to collect documents for i-485 to submit between October 1 and Septemeber 30, but is there anything else that I am missing?

Somewhere in the form in the first paragraph it reads
"You must be sure to follow the instructions on the attached sheet concerning payement of the Diversity processing fee. This fee must be paid prior to the USCIS (or, if applicable, the immigration court) taking action on your adjustment application."

The second last paragraph reads in bold "Please be advised that the Department of State Diversity Visa fee must be paid in full before case can be tranferred to USCIS"

The attached sheet says:

"In order to complete payment of this fee, once the USCIS has accepted your case, fill out the receipt form at the bottom of this page, cut it off and mail it along with your cashier's check, or U.S. postal money morder(made payable to the U.S. Department of State) for the correct amount depending on the number of people who will adjust status to the address below."

This is all just confusing. Any help is welcome. Thank you.

Hi simplysubi;

Please print the fee form from this link
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html
The fee amount is $375 don't forget to include a self address envelope.
you need to check the 2010AOS and 2011AOS threads to learn the process better.
You just send the AOS pakcage once your number is current.
Hope all goes well,
R2019

I am currently in my first year of H1B and got selected for the DV.

I need some directions. After I submitted my DSP122, I got my letter of intent to AOS. I know that now I need to pay the DOS, a diversity visa fee before i can file for AOS between October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011. My questions are:
1. Where do i pay the State Diversity Visa fee and how much?
(Is it to the address on the attached sheet on the intent to AOS letter, along with check/self stamped envelope?)

2. I know i should be starting to collect documents for i-485 to submit between October 1 and Septemeber 30, but is there anything else that I am missing?

Somewhere in the form in the first paragraph it reads
"You must be sure to follow the instructions on the attached sheet concerning payement of the Diversity processing fee. This fee must be paid prior to the USCIS (or, if applicable, the immigration court) taking action on your adjustment application."

The second last paragraph reads in bold "Please be advised that the Department of State Diversity Visa fee must be paid in full before case can be tranferred to USCIS"

The attached sheet says:

"In order to complete payment of this fee, once the USCIS has accepted your case, fill out the receipt form at the bottom of this page, cut it off and mail it along with your cashier's check, or U.S. postal money morder(made payable to the U.S. Department of State) for the correct amount depending on the number of people who will adjust status to the address below."

This is all just confusing. Any help is welcome. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Thanx for answering my question but I think if derivatives mean that the no. should be much more than that (multiplied by 2 at least)......I am not sure..maybe u r right???
for example for my family we r 4 people; man, wife 2 kids.

Let's do case study:
What if:
1) All DV entrants are married. Each couple has one child. Wife and husband entered separately. Totally 5000 couples (=10000 people) entered. And,
2) 1000 people got selected as winners. Spouse of each winner was not selected.

In this case, (a)DOS would say "totally 10000 applicants (15000 with derivatives)". Applicants : Derivatives =1:0.5.
Each winner included 2 eligible people (one spouse, one child), so (b)total CN will be 3 times higher than 1000 if they assign undisclosed CN for eligible family members.

In Asia region, CN got 3 times higher than winners, suggesting married couple having one child is majority or average (Applicants : Derivatives =1:0.5). In Africa, CN was about double, suggesting married couple with no child is majority or average (Applicants : Derivatives =1:0). In total, ratio for derivatives fell somewhere in between, like what Visa Bulletin mentioned.

Do you think this makes sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's do case study:
What if:
1) All DV entrants are married. Each couple has one child. Wife and husband entered separately. Totally 5000 couples (=10000 people) entered. And,
2) 1000 people got selected as winners. Spouse of each winner was not selected.

In this case, (a)DOS would say "totally 10000 applicants (15000 with derivatives)". Applicants : Derivatives =1:0.5.
Each winner included 2 eligible people (one spouse, one child), so (b)total CN will be 3 times higher than 1000 if they assign undisclosed CN for eligible family members.

In Asia region, CN got 3 times higher than winners, suggesting married couple having one child is majority or average (Applicants : Derivatives =1:0.5). In Africa, CN was about double, suggesting married couple with no child is majority or average (Applicants : Derivatives =1:0). In total, ratio for derivatives fell somewhere in between, like what Visa Bulletin mentioned.

Do you think this makes sense?

sounds like a pretty good reasoning to me

hi

hi everyone. am kinda new to this forum. am a winner in the 2011 dv process. i vew submitted my forms and it has been confirmed, but i really dont know wat next? pls can someone help..

hi everyone. am kinda new to this forum. am a winner in the 2011 dv process. i vew submitted my forms and it has been confirmed, but i really dont know wat next? pls can someone help..

hi! congratulations! :)
when did you receive your notification letter? and what casenumber do you have? thanks a lot!

I just want to say that from the looks of things Murphy's Law has been in full force this DV year. I am surprised at the number of winners on this board that have made fatal mistakes in their initial entry and as luck would have it, they have won and must now have a lot of explaining to do and/or face a disqualification.
Please for those of us preparing for next year's DV lottery, PLEASE go through the rules thoroughly and decide whether you were born in an eligible country or not, whether you are married, divorced or single, whether you have kids or not and fill out your DV entry truthfully. If you think you can twist the truth and get away with it, you will only be giving away your hard earned money to the US embassy before they deny you the Visa. The rules are clear. For those who are using agents, I don't know how you can control what they put on your entry but to me it's a bit risky, just make sure that you give them your full info including any spouse and children's info as well.

This is in no way a personal jab at ANYONE, just my observations, so please no one jump on me OK. PEACE!

I just want to say that from the looks of things Murphy's Law has been in full force this DV year. I am surprised at the number of winners on this board that have made fatal mistakes in their initial entry and as luck would have it, they have won and must now have a lot of explaining to do and/or face a disqualification.
Please for those of us preparing for next year's DV lottery, PLEASE go through the rules thoroughly and decide whether you were born in an eligible country or not, whether you are married, divorced or single, whether you have kids or not and fill out your DV entry truthfully. If you think you can twist the truth and get away with it, you will only be giving away your hard earned money to the US embassy before they deny you the Visa. The rules are clear. For those who are using agents, I don't know how you can control what they put on your entry but to me it's a bit risky, just make sure that you give them your full info including any spouse and children's info as well.

This is in no way a personal jab at ANYONE, just my observations, so please no one jump on me OK. PEACE!

i second that motion

I agree with you sonibago.... but what also amazes me is how a lot of people are totally clueless after they won (I mean, why do you sign up then???) and some barely speak basic english at all...

Oh well, I guess that gives hope to people with a higher casenumber who are better prepared :)

Ok, so from my reading of the visa bulletins it appears oceanic region is quite a small region in regards to the diversity lottery.

Would i be correct in assuming that this being the case, the chance of being 'current' early on is significantly higher as opposed to other regions that have significantly more case numbers?

As i asked previously, with a case number < 200 in the Oceanic region should i expect my call for interview to be October/November this year considering the trend from previous years?

AJK

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Members

I am a Bangladeshi citizen and currently I am living in Bangladesh. I received the USA DV lottery 2011 1st letter on May 18, 2010. But my spouse (including me & my daughter) already got the Canadian Immigration Visa (Under Federal Skilled Worker Category), and planning to land in Toronto, Canada on 30th July, 2010. I am planning to submit DS-230 & DSP-122 to KCC by the end of June, 2010. In this connection i need some clarification of following questions:

1. Is there any legal obligation in this regard?
2. If I land Canada on 30th July 2010 permanently, Can I use the Canadian mailing address (as current mailing address) in form DSP-122 (SL. 3)?
3. Can I mention the name of US Embassy/Consulate of Canada in DSP-122 (SL-4)?
4. If I got the interview letter, can I allow to attend the interview in Canada?
5. Can I fill up DSP-122 Older version OMB APPOVAL NO. 1405-0098, EXPIRATION DATE: 12/31/2006 (12-2003) instead of New version OMB APPROVAL NO. 1405-0098, EXPIRATION DATE: 01/31/2013 (01-2010)? Because the new version is not a computer fill able version.

It will be highly appreciated if someone gives me some suggestion in this regards.

Regards

Nayan