• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Hi M-Power!!
Thankksss ssoooooo much to share ur story !!
A huge welcome on this thread!!
Congrat on ur H1-B !!! U got the good year in 2009 coz My lawyer told me that even in January 2009 so much visa were still available and it was unusual, normally in April this visa get open (mean that u can apply in April) for people and in May they were no visa available for nobody so CONGRAT !!!!!!
HOPE U LL BE BRING THE NEWS TOMORROW OF U GETTING THE 1st NL!!!!!!
Im sure this YEAR is Ur !!!!

Diafa,

Hello and thank you for your comments.

I absolutely agree with you, 2009 was a little bit crazy for me. I thought I missed the application date (April 1st) when I was offered the H1B from my current employer. It was already May 25th and the quota wasn't reached yet.

I immediately spoke to a lawyer, who happened to be an H1-B expert. He created a "suitable" position for me in the company as my degree did not actually match the area I was going to work on. So he kinda "pushed" it.

I had nothing ready, no diploma evaluation, no translations... I translated everything myself in one night and my lawyer notarized them.

We sent "my" translations of the transcript and the diploma. No evaluation, because there was no time to send it somewhere to be evaluated. My lawyer suggested that we sent whatever we have to fall into the quota and receive a case number before it was reached. If DHS thinks there's something wrong, they will send an RFE (request for evidence) letter, asking specific documents.

All the paperwork process took 2 days and my folder was express-mailed to the processing center on May 27th.

In my case, we were expecting the RFE letter for the diploma evaluation. I had already sent the diploma to an evaluation company. In the meantime, I kept checking the website with my case number, it always showed "processing". And that morning, when i checked it, it said "APPROVED" without RFE or anything. I went crazy.

So, to summarize, 2009 was a little bit "extreme" for me.

Also, this year my GF filled out my application. Every year, I do it myself and I don't win. So I made her sit in front of the computer, told her what to do (click here, select that picture, hit upload, hit next, write my name, date of birth etc). I didn't touch neither the keyboard nor the mouse. She filled it up, submitted it and took a screenshot with the confirmation number. I told her to save it in my documents, one copy in the gmail draft folder (just in case the HDD crashes or someone breaks into the house and steals the computer, it's still on the internet). She also has it in her cell phone as a contact. So, we won't lose that number no matter what.

I didn't look at the number and will not until July 1st.

How about my spell?

Is today gonna be it?only time will tell,but i'v gone through trends of previous years and realised that KCC do not always follow any specific pattern as regards d release of results.sometimes results r released at d middle March,others times late March/early April,all depending on d region.

HI EVERYONE!!!
JUST CALLED THE KCC FOR EVERYBODY TO BE SURE WHEN THE 1st NL WILL BE SENT AND HE TOLD ME BEGINNING OF APRIL, SO I THINK WE WILL KNOW NEXT WEEK NOT BEFORE FOR PEOPLE WHO R LIVING N THE US....(LOL I CALLED TWICE TO BE SURE AND GOT 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHO TOLD ME ABSOLUTELY THE SAME.....)
SO I THINK ITS SURE AND THE SOURCE IS 10000% SURE......
STILL HAVE TO WAIT A BIT TO HAVE THE 1st WINNERS !!!
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRSSS

Last edited by a moderator:
Diafa,

Hello and thank you for your comments.

I absolutely agree with you, 2009 was a little bit crazy for me. I thought I missed the application date (April 1st) when I was offered the H1B from my current employer. It was already May 25th and the quota wasn't reached yet.

I immediately spoke to a lawyer, who happened to be an H1-B expert. He created a "suitable" position for me in the company as my degree did not actually match the area I was going to work on. So he kinda "pushed" it.

I had nothing ready, no diploma evaluation, no translations... I translated everything myself in one night and my lawyer notarized them.

We sent "my" translations of the transcript and the diploma. No evaluation, because there was no time to send it somewhere to be evaluated. My lawyer suggested that we sent whatever we have to fall into the quota and receive a case number before it was reached. If DHS thinks there's something wrong, they will send an RFE (request for evidence) letter, asking specific documents.

All the paperwork process took 2 days and my folder was express-mailed to the processing center on May 27th.

In my case, we were expecting the RFE letter for the diploma evaluation. I had already sent the diploma to an evaluation company. In the meantime, I kept checking the website with my case number, it always showed "processing". And that morning, when i checked it, it said "APPROVED" without RFE or anything. I went crazy.

So, to summarize, 2009 was a little bit "extreme" for me.

Also, this year my GF filled out my application. Every year, I do it myself and I don't win. So I made her sit in front of the computer, told her what to do (click here, select that picture, hit upload, hit next, write my name, date of birth etc). I didn't touch neither the keyboard nor the mouse. She filled it up, submitted it and took a screenshot with the confirmation number. I told her to save it in my documents, one copy in the gmail draft folder (just in case the HDD crashes or someone breaks into the house and steals the computer, it's still on the internet). She also has it in her cell phone as a contact. So, we won't lose that number no matter what.

How about my spell?

HI M-POWER!!

U DEFINITELY GOT A VERY GOOD LAWYER, BUT LUCK TOO COZ EVEN MY LAWYER TOLD ME AND I DID A MISTAKE : ITS JANUARY 2010 (ABOUT THE FACT THAT U STILL WERE ABLE TO APPLY FOR A HB-1).....
mY LAWYER ALSO TOLD ME THAT AT THE END THEY GAVE THE H1B TO STUDENT WHO GOT THE LAST YEAR OF MASTER'S IN USA....BAD LUCK FOR ME I DID MY 3rd YEAR OF COLLEGE IN US...LOL
U DEFINITELY DID PRETTY GOOD COZ NORMALLY THEY R EXTREMELY DEMANDING ON ALL THE PAPERS.......
THAT IS GOOD TO KNOW , U R KNOW A FREE MAN LOL IN THE USA, AT LEAST FOR 3 YEARS LOL... THAT S AWESOME!!!

HOPE THE FACT U R GIRLFRIEND MADE U R ENTRY TO THE LOTTERY WILL BRING U LUCK!!!!
BUT I REALLY DO WISH U GET THIS GREEN CARD TO BE A FREE MAN IN THE US FOREVER!!!
WISH U LUCK TO U AND U R GIRLFRIEND!! IM SURE U LL BE SUCCESSFUL!!
CHEEERRRSSS

I will contact you regarding the J1 if I don't win the DV this year Diafa.... dang, this site makes me just wanna hug everyone - your all SO helpful!
Are you still in the US now?

HI BEECH1814!!
I WISH TO BE IN THE US.... LOL
I DID MY 3rd YEAR IN THE US, I AFTER I DID MY 1 YEAR OF MY MASTER IN UAE (DUBAI)....
BUT AS I DID THE PROCESS FOR THE J1 VISA IF I CAN HELP U I DEFINITELY BE GLAD TO DO IT !!

How about my spell?

What are you gonna do if your GF wins or if you win and the other one not.....perhaps get married a.s.a.p.....prepare your self, you might win:)

HI EVERYONE!!!
JUST CALLED THE KCC FOR EVERYBODY TO BE SURE WHEN THE 1st NL WILL BE SENT AND HE TOLD ME BEGINNING OF APRIL, SO I THINK WE WILL KNOW NEXT WEEK NOT BEFORE FOR PEOPLE WHO R LIVING N THE US....(LOL I CALLED TWICE TO BE SURE AND GOT 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHO TOLD ME ABSOLUTELY THE SAME.....) SO a THINK ITS SURE AND THE SOURCE IS 10000% SURE......
SO STILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR A BIT TO HAVE THE 1st WINNER !!!

always come with something good Diafa. Thanks girl for your sharing with us. i think USA will be lucky to win girl like you :)

HI EVERYONE!!!
JUST CALLED THE KCC FOR EVERYBODY TO BE SURE WHEN THE 1st NL WILL BE SENT AND HE TOLD ME BEGINNING OF APRIL, SO I THINK WE WILL KNOW NEXT WEEK NOT BEFORE FOR PEOPLE WHO R LIVING N THE US....(LOL I CALLED TWICE TO BE SURE AND GOT 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHO TOLD ME ABSOLUTELY THE SAME.....)
SO I THINK ITS SURE AND THE SOURCE IS 10000% SURE......
STILL HAVE TO WAIT A BIT TO HAVE THE 1st WINNERS !!!

Thank you for the update, Diafa... It is much appreciated.

Hi!!
Im kind of septic about this post on yahoo....coz I called the KCC twice and repeated the question twice to each of both people that i had over the phone, and they were very clear that the KCC havent sent anything yet but the beginning of the next month, and when I ask which month to one of them he told me April...... So for me its also a spam... Nothing serious...You can definitely try also to call the KCC they will answer u the same I m sure , here is the number : 606-526-7500
Think we should wait the next week before to trust Yahoo post....specially when its posted a week ago...
Still have to be patient ....a bit!!!
We should just take this week to make some more prayers !!!!

@daifa,i totally agree with u.moreover,April is just some hrs away.probably i shoul share this funny experience with u guys.i got a very crazy text message yesterday from a foreign number.eventhough,i'm aware that KCC do not send text messages to selectees,but d first sentence blew my mind away....and it goes thus' congratulations,u'v just won......& my mind skipped a beat.i was so excited that it occured to me that with God,i could possible receive a great white envelope stating'congratualations,u r among the successful selectees for d DV 2011 .bla bla bla'.all i am trying to say is that we should keep our hopes alife & keep trusting in God.i wish everyone a blissful Easter celebration.Cheers

It sounds weird...1 weeks ago it was posted so it means the letter was mailed out even earlier while KCC is clearly stating they won't start sending out till the end of March so it will arrive in April....but on the other hand mistakes are made and if this person is indeed a lucky winner, that is good news for her....:)

I just sent her an email, and will post as soon as I hear back.

thanks for sending her mail. anyway getting one or not. we just want to hear good news . now i'm not doig anything just hoping, dreaming, wishing, and for sure pray for god to be a winner.