• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Hello M Power, thanks for sharing your story with us, I hope I will win the greencard.

Los Angeles`dan selamlar.

Hello guys,

I've been checking you for a couple of years now, especially right before the receipt of NL's, to see when people start receiving them. This year, i decided to register and write here.

I'm Turkish, applying the lottery since 2003. Same story every year. From April to September, checking the mailbox every single day. Last year I checked it on the website and saw that I wasn't selected. Hopefully this year.

I am also following a Turkish forum too. Since 2003, many people won the lottery there, mostly people who applied and forgot about it. Or people who has some type of relation to the U.S., either studying, tourist visa holder, working etc.

I lived in Turkey until 2007 and applied from Turkey until then. In Sep 2007, I came to the US on a student visa and applied showing a US residency (Country where you reside now: US). Did not win. Same for the 2008.

In 2009, I was approved for an H1-B working visa, got a job, moved into a new apartment etc. basically everything in my life is new. Hopefully this year I'll win.

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I'll be reporting from NJ, USA.

I hope all the winners will be the people who desperately needs the GC and will make full use of it, rather than people who applied and forgot about it next minute.

Good luck,

Hello M Power and labrea,

More or less, my store is very similar with M Power...
Florida'dan herkese selamlar...

I hope at the the end of this Lottery we still talk to each other winning or not, coz as u said friendship, family, love & respect r the most important thing!

Sure Diafa—I'd love to stay in contact with you, especially as you'll be filing my DV Lottery application every year as you promised because I said I'll quit if I'm not successful this year :). Of course I'm just kidding, that's not the reason, true friends like you are hard to find. What I really hope is that our (all of us here) luck changes this year when it comes to DV Lottery, so we can have a drink somewhere in the U.S. to celebrate and chat about our future plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
So If I don't win the lottery this year, I was thinking maybe I could study there?! I even called my postal service today and said to ensure ALL my mail is delivered, as I was expecting so *very important* documents. If for argument sake, you've been chosen at random and your letter from KCC is not delivered, it get's lost in the mail.... and you check on July 1st on the website and it says 'congratulations' - do you still have a chance at the GC.... or is it too late?

I pray we all get chosen this year.

Beech send an email to kentokey the will now send the form by email u fill the form in the internet and u will now sent it back.

So If I don't win the lottery this year, I was thinking maybe I could study there?! I even called my postal service today and said to ensure ALL my mail is delivered, as I was expecting so *very important* documents. If for argument sake, you've been chosen at random and your letter from KCC is not delivered, it get's lost in the mail.... and you check on July 1st on the website and it says 'congratulations' - do you still have a chance at the GC.... or is it too late?

yes when you did not receive your NL or it got lost and July 1 you got confirmation that you have won,all you need to do is call KCC or Mail them..........

Sure Diafa—I'd love to stay in contact with you, especially as you'll be filing my DV Lottery application every year as you promised because I said I'll quit if I'm not successful this year :). Of course I'm just kidding, that's not the reason, true friends like you are hard to find. What I really hope is that our (all of us here) luck changes this year when it comes to DV Lottery, so we can have a drink somewhere in the U.S. to celebrate and chat about our future plans.

LOL !!! I wont let u down For sure !!!!! I ll give u my email and each single I will aplly for u !!!!!! Be sure!!! LOL!!
All I wish is dont have to do this for u and u ll WIN THIS YEAR!!!!! (I really have a good feeling for u winning i dont know why ....certainly my instinct.....REALLY HOPE IM NOT WRONG!!!!)
I would love to be reunite somewhere with everyone who have share their live on this thread !!!! It will be AWESOME !! It will be awesome if some of us will be living close coz Im sure we will do a great Team's Friend !!!

LOVE
XOXO

HI BEECH1814!!
U DEFINITELY CAN STUDY THERE!! AS EVERYONE REPLIED TO U U JUST HAVE TO SEND A MAIL TO THE KCC AT THIS EMAIL : KCCDV@state.gov and they will send u all the instruction !!
I ve been sending them a email to know when the 1st Nl will be sent and they replied pretty fast like 12Hours later....
So dont hesitate if u have some question
If we need some infos about the J1 visa that u need to study in US, ask me and if can reply to u I ll definitely do it coz I had this visa by the past !!!
Again do not hesitate!! I ll be glad to help u!!

Hello guys,

I've been checking you for a couple of years now, especially right before the receipt of NL's, to see when people start receiving them. This year, i decided to register and write here.

I'm Turkish, applying the lottery since 2003. Same story every year. From April to September, checking the mailbox every single day. Last year I checked it on the website and saw that I wasn't selected. Hopefully this year.

I am also following a Turkish forum too. Since 2003, many people won the lottery there, mostly people who applied and forgot about it. Or people who has some type of relation to the U.S., either studying, tourist visa holder, working etc.

I lived in Turkey until 2007 and applied from Turkey until then. In Sep 2007, I came to the US on a student visa and applied showing a US residency (Country where you reside now: US). Did not win. Same for the 2008.

In 2009, I was approved for an H1-B working visa, got a job, moved into a new apartment etc. basically everything in my life is new. Hopefully this year I'll win.

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I'll be reporting from NJ, USA.

I hope all the winners will be the people who desperately needs the GC and will make full use of it, rather than people who applied and forgot about it next minute.

Good luck,

Hi M-Power!!
Thankksss ssoooooo much to share ur story !!
A huge welcome on this thread!!
Congrat on ur H1-B !!! U got the good year in 2009 coz My lawyer told me that even in January 2009 so much visa were still available and it was unusual, normally in April this visa get open (mean that u can apply in April) for people and in May they were no visa available for nobody so CONGRAT !!!!!!
HOPE U LL BE BRING THE NEWS TOMORROW OF U GETTING THE 1st NL!!!!!!
Im sure this YEAR is Ur !!!!

HI EVERYONE!!

SEEEEEEMMMMMSS LIKE (If its like last year!!) 24hours and we will KNOW!!!!
REALLY HOPE SOMEONE FROM THIS THREAD DO RECEIVE THE GOOD NEWS TOMORROW!!!
SO WE CAN BE HAPPY FOR SOMEONE LIKE IF IT WAS US!!!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN GUYSSS!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good morning all!!!! every morning I tell myself it is already done so forget about it and then I come here..... hahahahahahaaa. U guys are the greatest!!!
Daifa I'm glad we have folks here living in the US, we're sure to know soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about no NLs this year :D And you can only check it on July 1st and KCC will email you the forms :) Let's see how many heart attacks we will have :) JK

This is my story..

My dad won a DV lottery back in 2004. We were all excited as this was an opportunity to start a new life and career in USA. My uncle called our Dad and said you've got some kind of mail from America and its say KCC on the envelope. My dad went to pick up the mail and surprisingly it was from KCC and we've won the DV Lottery. As my sister and I were under 21 at that time we were also included in the winning. It was a great moment for my family and specially me. I had just finished my high school and was ready to go to College. My sister was still in 10th grade.

We opened the packet and there was a congratulation letter and several other forms. It took us 2 weeks to fill the forms and to make sure everything we put on it was accurate. We mailed in the form and just waited for the 2nd NL..Months passed we didn't hear anything from KCC...3 months-4 months went by still nothing...

I began to worry a little and started doing some research online if anybody else are in the same situation as we were in...I googled day and night...and later find out the 2nd NL goes by the case number and each region has its own case number and quota...our case number was AS23XXX which I thought was higher for our region...

We started checking visa bulletin and our case was never current..It was so disappointing and
frustrating to know that we've won the lottery but never got a chance to seize the winning...

Every year after 2004 people I know who had higher case number from than ours from our region have received their 2nd NL and are in USA right now...

I was so determined to go to USA...I aced my SAT and TOEFL and got scholarship in a Private University in USA...I came to America the same year and it’s been almost 6 years I have lived in USA...I like it over here...

The only thing that bothers me is that my family is not here with me..Have they gotten the 2nd letter?
They would be here with me and we will all be happy...

I don't care if I win this time or not.. I am young and I am already here..I can manage myself but I
want my family to win the lottery this time..My dad fills out application every year it’s already been 10
years since he started filling out the DV...

I hope he wins it this time...
peAce

There are just so many hurdles to clear with this lottery..actually winning and getting the NL is just the first set of barriers to overcome. It takes remarkable luck to get through to the end and get that GC. Axldai I hope lady luck shines on your dad again.

My dad won a DV lottery back in 2004. We were all excited as this was an opportunity to start a new life and career in USA. My uncle called our Dad and said you've got some kind of mail from America and its say KCC on the envelope. My dad went to pick up the mail and surprisingly it was from KCC and we've won the DV Lottery. As my sister and I were under 21 at that time we were also included in the winning. It was a great moment for my family and specially me. I had just finished my high school and was ready to go to College. My sister was still in 10th grade.

We opened the packet and there was a congratulation letter and several other forms. It took us 2 weeks to fill the forms and to make sure everything we put on it was accurate. We mailed in the form and just waited for the 2nd NL..Months passed we didn't hear anything from KCC...3 months-4 months went by still nothing...

I began to worry a little and started doing some research online if anybody else are in the same situation as we were in...I googled day and night...and later find out the 2nd NL goes by the case number and each region has its own case number and quota...our case number was AS23XXX which I thought was higher for our region...

We started checking visa bulletin and our case was never current..It was so disappointing and
frustrating to know that we've won the lottery but never got a chance to seize the winning...

Every year after 2004 people I know who had higher case number from than ours from our region have received their 2nd NL and are in USA right now...

I was so determined to go to USA...I aced my SAT and TOEFL and got scholarship in a Private University in USA...I came to America the same year and it’s been almost 6 years I have lived in USA...I like it over here...

The only thing that bothers me is that my family is not here with me..Have they gotten the 2nd letter?
They would be here with me and we will all be happy...

I don't care if I win this time or not.. I am young and I am already here..I can manage myself but I
want my family to win the lottery this time..My dad fills out application every year it’s already been 10
years since he started filling out the DV...

I hope he wins it this time...
peAce

Hi axldai!!!
U r story realllllyy touch me!!!!
I realllyy do hope ur family get the NL this time and be able to be in US as soon as possible!!!
This really is bad luck coz usually AS23XXX will get an appointment it s not like if u had a cn over 55000.......
A HUGE PRAYER TO UR FAMILY!!!!!
Seems like u r successful in the US and u find a great way to go there!!!

WISH Hope & Pray U ll get th NL this year to never have to think about u r legal situation and to be able at least to bring u r family in 3 or 5 years.....I know what is it to have his family far ....I Really do hope ur family will be with u ASAP!!!!
Wish u the best in u r study and u r life over there!!!
Thanxxx uu so much to have shared with us ur story!!!!

HI BEECH1814!!
U DEFINITELY CAN STUDY THERE!! AS EVERYONE REPLIED TO U U JUST HAVE TO SEND A MAIL TO THE KCC AT THIS EMAIL : KCCDV@state.gov and they will send u all the instruction !!
I ve been sending them a email to know when the 1st Nl will be sent and they replied pretty fast like 12Hours later....
So dont hesitate if u have some question
If we need some infos about the J1 visa that u need to study in US, ask me and if can reply to u I ll definitely do it coz I had this visa by the past !!!
Again do not hesitate!! I ll be glad to help u!!

I will contact you regarding the J1 if I don't win the DV this year Diafa.... dang, this site makes me just wanna hug everyone - your all SO helpful!
Are you still in the US now?