• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

I dont really think it will matter.... to make sure, contact the KCC (or the embassy of they already have your file)

@yaso and sista_mai: Thanks for the suggestion, I will email them regarding this issue!
@falainwest: Thanks brother for your helpful information, I also tried to contact our US Embassy in Dhaka but didn't get any information! :( Anyways, lets see what KCC reply. Thanks everyone. Be blessed!

@kuhananth: Do you think KCC already sent out the 2nd NL to their selectees whose case number is between 17201~19250?

As promised here is my interview account:
I had an 8am appointment at the Montreal embassy in Canada. I live in Edmonton (Alberta) quite far from Montreal so had to come in a week earlier to ensure my medicals will be completed on time. Did my medicals at Medisys (downtown) Montreal. They had a 48-72hrs turnover period. Did the medicals on Thursday and had my results the following week Wednesday. I was a bit nervous I would not get the medicals on time. I'd advise you budget more than a week ahead of your medicals. This might help to alleviate your fears. After getting the medicals I went to the embassy the following day. No bags are allowed in the embassy. The embassy is located downtown and quite easy to locate if you ask the Medisys guyz. On thursday the D-day, I left home (my cousin's place in montreal) at 5am as the weather was quite terrible the day before so had to budget a lot of time in advance in case of any unfortunate situation on the way (like the car getting stuck in snow). Ps: Before you go click on this website (usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice /ss_country_ welcome) and click on the guy with the laptop and follow the instructions and register for the DHL service. It's a requirement for effective and speedy processing of your visa (they check at the embassy). Bags are not allowed at the embassy so you should try and find a place to lodge your bag. There is a coffee shop across the street which charges 5 dollars to safe keep your bag. Also if you can change the US dollars at your local bank that might help too cos I realised the embassy's rate was a bit on the high side ( but yeah not so high)...So after checking us through they first do the finger prints, then they call you back to receive your documents, then later invite you for the interview. The interview was quite conversational:

co: how your doing?
me: great yourself?
co:do your swear...blah
me:absolutely I do
cout ur thumb there...and click
co:nice thumb
me:what did you say?
co:said nice thumb
meh thanks...haha
co:I need to pull up your case
me: oh cool
co: So you single?
me: Yes very single
co: You have any criminal convictions, arrests
me: Naa...I'm sure if I did my police reports will indicate so...but yeah nothing of that sort
co: You speak German
me: Naa...my uni was english uni
co: when you done your program here
me: hopefully May but my supervisor is Egyptian so might take some extra time due to the unrest in Egypt which I am willing to wait
co: Oh i see you have 2 years extra on your US visa...Have you been living there
me:Naa..Just been there for 2 weeks...went for a wedding which I was the best man
co: Where did you live in the states
me: Hartford connecticut
co: So I don't see anything wrong with the case, did you register for the DHL service
me: yeah
co: You should receive your passport with visa and other documents in a week's time at the DHL office your registered
me:tnx

Then she hands me a letter with welcome to the united states of america and how to track your DHL parcel at the back
As I said interview was conversational ....no academic questions.....Ok guy thanks for all your help...deeply appreciated ...took away tons of nervousness which characterize this whole process...I will stick around to help other who will be having their interviews in montreal should they need my assistance....
Will let you know when my parcel is in...

Hi everybody,
I've been told that everybody should have a sponsor for financial support!! Is that right?
If not, and a bank statement is enough, how much is the minimum for it?
Thanks guys

@ Mmmoney

I had an 8am appointment at the Montreal embassy in Canada. I live in Edmonton (Alberta) quite far from Montreal so had to come in a week earlier to ensure my medicals will be completed on time. Did my medicals at Medisys (downtown) Montreal. They had a 48-72hrs turnover period. Did the medicals on Thursday and had my results the following week Wednesday. I was a bit nervous I would not get the medicals on time. I'd advise you budget more than a week ahead of your medicals. This might help to alleviate your fears. After getting the medicals I went to the embassy the following day. No bags are allowed in the embassy. The embassy is located downtown and quite easy to locate if you ask the Medisys guyz. On thursday the D-day, I left home (my cousin's place in montreal) at 5am as the weather was quite terrible the day before so had to budget a lot of time in advance in case of any unfortunate situation on the way (like the car getting stuck in snow). Ps: Before you go click on this website (usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice /ss_country_ welcome) and click on the guy with the laptop and follow the instructions and register for the DHL service. It's a requirement for effective and speedy processing of your visa (they check at the embassy). Bags are not allowed at the embassy so you should try and find a place to lodge your bag. There is a coffee shop across the street which charges 5 dollars to safe keep your bag. Also if you can change the US dollars at your local bank that might help too cos I realised the embassy's rate was a bit on the high side ( but yeah not so high)...So after checking us through they first do the finger prints, then they call you back to receive your documents, then later invite you for the interview. The interview was quite conversational:

meh thanks...haha
me: Naa...I'm sure if I did my police reports will indicate so...but yeah nothing of that sort
me: hopefully May but my supervisor is Egyptian so might take some extra time due to the unrest in Egypt which I am willing to wait
co: Oh i see you have 2 years extra on your US visa...Have you been living there
me:Naa..Just been there for 2 weeks...went for a wedding which I was the best man
co: So I don't see anything wrong with the case, did you register for the DHL service
co: You should receive your passport with visa and other documents in a week's time at the DHL office your registered

Then she hands me a letter with welcome to the united states of america and how to track your DHL parcel at the back
As I said interview was conversational ....no academic questions.....Ok guy thanks for all your help...deeply appreciated ...took away tons of nervousness which characterize this whole process...I will stick around to help other who will be having their interviews in montreal should they need my assistance....

Congrats.....

Hello Everyone,

KCC replied me:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

NLN means “No Last Name” and NFN means “No First Name.” If this appears with your name, you failed to enter a first or last name on the entry you completed online.

The required forms should be completed using the name that appears on your passport and/or other legal documentation. Any other names you have previously been identified by, including maiden names, should be listed on question 2 of the DS 230 Part I and question 37 of the DS 230 Part II."

My all legal documents contains my name as "Name: TANIA AKTER", there is no First/Mid/Last Name title, only my passport have those title like First/Last Name. What should I do now? Please, help me out here guys!

meh thanks...haha

Hi! mmmoney
Its a great news. CONGRATS!
Praise the lord.

Case number - 2011AS00019XXX(SRI LANKA)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
2NL - waiting.
Interview Date - waiting.

Need help please

I just reading this form it will remaind me When I completed my DS-230 part 2,I made littel mistake quistion (39)Name and Adress of Petitioner but I just wrote my home adress I didn't write my name.I'm so worried about it Any one have idea what should i do ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@yaso and sista_mai: Thanks for the suggestion, I will email them regarding this issue!
@falainwest: Thanks brother for your helpful information, I also tried to contact our US Embassy in Dhaka but didn't get any information! :( Anyways, lets see what KCC reply. Thanks everyone. Be blessed!

@kuhananth: Do you think KCC already sent out the 2nd NL to their selectees whose case number is between 17201~19250?

NO! Not until the 18th of this month.

Hello dears,

Anyone tell me..

How much expecting this year for DV -2011 cutt off for asia ?

will i have a chance?

Cse : 2011AS000333XX

I just reading this form it will remaind me When I completed my DS-230 part 2,I made littel mistake quistion (39)Name and Adress of Petitioner but I just wrote my home adress I didn't write my name.I'm so worried about it Any one have idea what should i do ?

Hi Tulga,
you can write an e mail to kcc mentioning the error you committed and they will correct it. Write your name, case number and date of birth as written on your 1st NL when u communicate with kcc. Good luck.

Hi Tulga,
you can write an e mail to kcc mentioning the error you committed and they will correct it. Write your name, case number and date of birth as written on your 1st NL when u communicate with kcc. Good luck.

Thanks very much I will do quick as possible. God's blessings

Dear All, How does it will affect in interview........... Birth Location is mismatch with edv and DSP from. ?????

Is it possiable to see the data of edv?

Last edited by a moderator:
dv-2011 winners from srilanka

5 more bulletin to go after dat of april. Just pray, its possible. Gudluck.

Thanks a lot dear

when will be current?

This year highest case number from asia 48000.... & africa 89000

So current for asia over 35000 & afrira over 80000
]

Thanks a lot dear

when will be current?

This year highest case number from asia 48000.... & africa 89000

So current for asia over 35000 & afrira over 80000
]

My Case number sky Hight 2011As 42*** But any way Trust in God very good Idea.with God every thing is possible.All blessings All of you.