• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

Hi, i have arrive for 11days but yet to receive my green card and ssn.

my POE is Los angeles.

does anyone know how do i check my status ssn or green card.

for ssn do i need to go down reapply again?

Please, is it compulsory to use the US lottery visa immediately one collect it or to use it within that fiscal year?
What would be the expiring duration of a visa collect on April, 2012.
Thanks!

Can someone tell me when am likely to get my GC....I got here on the 18th of October and im yet to get my GC ,, Please what should i do to get it fast thank you?

My wife just gave birth to our child and after some days the interview date was communicated to us to be 5th January. How would I update KCC, also I would like to reschedule the interview date. Pls I need your contribution. Thanks!

My wife just gave birth to our child and after some days the interview date was communicated to us to be 5th January. How would I update KCC, also I would like to reschedule the interview date. Pls I need your contribution. Thanks!

do not reschedule, give a call to KCC and inform them about the new event..............

@Dadadada72, Congratulation for your successful processes and also to others. If I eventually collect the Visa by January, can I stay till September before leaving to US or what is the maximum months we can stay in Nig. after which visa is collected. My wife wld be writing her MBBS final by August/September this year.
Please experienced forumite, I need your contributions. Thanks!

@Dadadada72, Congratulation for your successful processes and also to others. If I eventually collect the Visa by January, can I stay till September before leaving to US or what is the maximum months we can stay in Nig. after which visa is collected. My wife wld be writing her MBBS final by August/September this year.
Please experienced forumite, I need your contributions. Thanks!

Don't reschedule, I don't think you can initiate that though. Just call KCC or e-mail them and equip them with the baby's details and I don't know if photography will be required regarding the age.Just too new!

I believe the visa expiry is 6months and if u are the principal winner, you can head in while she and the child come in later again I think within the expiry date. Or you can ask ur Interviewer (CO) if he can shift the expiry date for you to accommodate all ur concerns but ask after ur interview and I know you gonna be successful.Good Luck!

Don't reschedule, I don't think you can initiate that though. Just call KCC or e-mail them and equip them with the baby's details and I don't know if photography will be required regarding the age.Just too new!

I believe the visa expiry is 6months and if u are the principal winner, you can head in while she and the child come in later again I think within the expiry date. Or you can ask ur Interviewer (CO) if he can shift the expiry date for you to accommodate all ur concerns but ask after ur interview and I know you gonna be successful.Good Luck!

thanks .. later on i ll give you details about my live here in USA

thanks .. later on i ll give you details about my live here in USA

POE was easy. Got to the border (the one at Champlain at the Quebec/NY border) around 9.00 am on sept ,29 and told to head to secondary with our sealed package from the consulate. Parked the car and went inside. I was only sitting for less than 5 minutes before a lady called us up. She asked us about where we are moving and a few other questions. She then opened the sealed envelope and make sure the addresses were right, so the green card and SSN would be sent to the right place. wewere then instructed to sit down while she went over the forms. About 30 minutes later, I was finally called back up and she took my fingerprints. And not electronically, the old way with ink and paper. She was having problems doing my fingerprint, so another guy came to take them. He was extremely nice and even joked with me. Once he took my fingerprint, I was then asked to sign this tiny box. The lady told me to sign . And then I got my passport back and that was it! We were at the border for less than an hour.
The first item was a welcome letter 3 weeks after.the following week The second, and more exciting, piece of mail was my green card. Arrived as Priority Mail, oh boy! Let me tell you, there are a LOT of security features on this green card. And the back is super cool. There's this portion at the top that looks like a negative for old pictures, and if you look closely, there's a second picture of me, as well as info like my birth date, USCIS receipt number, A#, etc. Above this, there are tiny little pictures of all the US states. And then below, there's a picture of all the US presidents (including Obama, the newest). They definitely don't want this card to be forged in any way!

POE was easy. Got to the border (the one at Champlain at the Quebec/NY border) around 9.00 am on sept ,29 and told to head to secondary with our sealed package from the consulate. Parked the car and went inside. I was only sitting for less than 5 minutes before a lady called us up. She asked us about where we are moving and a few other questions. She then opened the sealed envelope and make sure the addresses were right, so the green card and SSN would be sent to the right place. wewere then instructed to sit down while she went over the forms. About 30 minutes later, I was finally called back up and she took my fingerprints. And not electronically, the old way with ink and paper. She was having problems doing my fingerprint, so another guy came to take them. He was extremely nice and even joked with me. Once he took my fingerprint, I was then asked to sign this tiny box. The lady told me to sign . And then I got my passport back and that was it! We were at the border for less than an hour.
The first item was a welcome letter 3 weeks after.the following week The second, and more exciting, piece of mail was my green card. Arrived as Priority Mail, oh boy! Let me tell you, there are a LOT of security features on this green card. And the back is super cool. There's this portion at the top that looks like a negative for old pictures, and if you look closely, there's a second picture of me, as well as info like my birth date, USCIS receipt number, A#, etc. Above this, there are tiny little pictures of all the US states. And then below, there's a picture of all the US presidents (including Obama, the newest). They definitely don't want this card to be forged in any way!

All the best!

pls need ur comments

hello house,
am a temporary resident in the UK and my visa is to expire in Jan 7 2012 but my interview was schedule for the 11 of Jan. I mailed the London consular about my case asking for an earlier date but I was told that my file will not get to them till early Jan and they cant not reschedule
Now I know the option of transferring my case but it the expenses involved, if am to go home, things are not going to be easy financially because I do not have a job waiting for me at home and I have started saving up since I got my first NL. I really want to do my interview in London so I will just go from UK to the US and it saves me a lot of money.
please I need you comments.

hello house,
am a temporary resident in the UK and my visa is to expire in Jan 7 2012 but my interview was schedule for the 11 of Jan. I mailed the London consular about my case asking for an earlier date but I was told that my file will not get to them till early Jan and they cant not reschedule
Now I know the option of transferring my case but it the expenses involved, if am to go home, things are not going to be easy financially because I do not have a job waiting for me at home and I have started saving up since I got my first NL. I really want to do my interview in London so I will just go from UK to the US and it saves me a lot of money.
please I need you comments.

No possibilities of a temporary renewal of your visa? Under the circumstances I guess such a request could be possible and viewed favorability.
You need to give yourself at least a month extension due to the uncertainties involved. There could be various causes of delay like late medicals or additional requirements from the Interviewer etc..
If you cannot get a reasonable extension and it’s a issue to remain in the UK illegally you might as well transfer your file to the home country….

My 2 cents

I don't think you shld reschedule the interview. Its just a few days after your visa has expired till your interview date. Once you get your visa sorted you can then move to the U.S from the U.K and don't have to go back to your home country.