• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

Its been quite sometime i visited and posted in this forum. My family arrived US Nov 5th, settling down and other things took most of my time but thank God for everything.

Its been more than three weeks we arrived, we went to the SSN office within the second week of our arrival and was told to give the immigration 21days for our green card to arrive after which we can return back. My concern now is that its been more than 21days from our arrival date and all we (i and my daughter) have received is the welcome letter, even my husband's own welcome letter have not arrived up till this moment.

Pls, can someone who have had similar experience or is in Houston, Tx help me with when we are likely to get our GC, and should we go back to the SSN office with the welcome letter? Please what should i do to get it fast as we need this SSN for a lot of things as am made to understand? Thank you

You have nothing to worry about.

You can still wait for a while,the letter will come since you all use the same address.

The same thing happened to us,I got my GC letter and the SSN before my Wife came.The reason was they mistakenly sent my wife letter to the wrong address.

What we did was that we had to call SSN and discovered where the problem was.They latter corrected it.

Pls call SSN to clarify this issue once and for all fast.

Good luck to u nd ur family at large.

Please, is it compulsory to use the US lottery visa immediately one collect it or to use it within that fiscal year?
What would be the expiring duration of a visa collect on April, 2012.
Thanks!

A visa collected on April, 2012 will expire in six months time, lets say, October 2012. It is not compulsory to use the visa immediately u acquire it or even within that same fiscal year. But the point to know is that u must use it within the six months of issuance even if it is still in the fiscal year or after it. In my own case, i got my visa june 2011, waited till december 2011 before using my visa. The thing there is that my visa expires by december 9th 2011 and i just have to use it before this date, mind u, my fiscal year ended by september 30th 2011.

Its been quite sometime i visited and posted in this forum. My family arrived US Nov 5th, settling down and other things took most of my time but thank God for everything.

Its been more than three weeks we arrived, we went to the SSN office within the second week of our arrival and was told to give the immigration 21days for our green card to arrive after which we can return back. My concern now is that its been more than 21days from our arrival date and all we (i and my daughter) have received is the welcome letter, even my husband's own welcome letter have not arrived up till this moment.

Pls, can someone who have had similar experience or is in Houston, Tx help me with when we are likely to get our GC, and should we go back to the SSN office with the welcome letter? Please what should i do to get it fast as we need this SSN for a lot of things as am made to understand? Thank you

Vicmac,

Go back to SS Office after 21days with ur family, take along ur International pssports, they will definately attend to ur people. We were told the same when we came in last year.

One love.

I currently have a national Diploma in Mathematics with enough working experience, but in my WAEC certificate i have PASS in mathematics, do you think this can disqualify me?

Since your have a National Diploma, no stress for you.

One love

January Visa bulletin OUT

For January, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 24,700 Except: Egypt 16,800
Ethiopia 16,800
Nigeria 14,500
ASIA 18,500
EUROPE 16,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 6
OCEANIA 650
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 675

I just got my O'level result (WAEC) and I found that the date of birth on it is not correct while the interview is very close. Meanwhile, I have an attestation of date of birth from a recognized institution (National Population Commission), also I have Statutory Declaration of Age from state High Court. Please fellow Forumite, as anybody had this experience and what is the best solution to this issue? Thanks!

No problem

i just got my o'level result (waec) and i found that the date of birth on it is not correct while the interview is very close. Meanwhile, i have an attestation of date of birth from a recognized institution (national population commission), also i have statutory declaration of age from state high court. Please fellow forumite, as anybody had this experience and what is the best solution to this issue? Thanks!
i had the same issue to, just 2days to my interview i had to get a scratch card, go online and print the the result, the online result doesn't come with the dob on it, and when u are going for the interview, attach the scratch card to the online printed copy, thats what they will use to verify on line. But don't forget to pray, i believe my prayers to god was the secret. Good luck.

Season's greetings

We thank god for 2011 that has change a lot about us, (it changed my status, lol) to me it will remain one of my best year, above all we thank god for our lives. Happy new year to everyone of us! Let the brotherly love that we've shared flow into 2012 with greater success ijn!

Yes!!!!!!!

The good Lord did a wonderful thing in our lives in 2011 for changing our stories for better.God we thank you for your banner over us is love.

Here comes year 2012,the good Lord that did wonderful things in 2011 will continue to do more greater things for us nd for those going for interviews this year.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my O'level result (WAEC) and I found that the date of birth on it is not correct while the interview is very close. Meanwhile, I have an attestation of date of birth from a recognized institution (National Population Commission), also I have Statutory Declaration of Age from state High Court. Please fellow Forumite, as anybody had this experience and what is the best solution to this issue? Thanks!

Bro,

with the affidavit and NPC you have,you are good to go.

Put your trust in God,he will perfect all that concerns you.

Amen.

I wuld advice u not to go to the Embassy with the Original WAEC certificate. Simply go online and print a copy that u will present at the embassy
and go with a scratch card. If they ask u for the Original certificate, just tell them each time u ask for the Original certificate, they always ask u to come back another day. They promise to contact u when the Certificate is out. Believe me, u cant alter WAEC certificate, not when the mistakes is from u, and even if the mistake is from them, bro, it will take sometime to be rectified. I hope this helps. One Love bro!

Thanks for your immense contribution. The result in question is of 1999 May/June and 'am combining it with waec 1999 Nov/Dec. I just got the certificate for both and found that 1999 May/June date of birth, that is, day, month and year are outrageous to the real one.

I've yielded to experience forumite on board to get the on-net copy which I have done.
Thanks once again!

Meanwhile, I am slated for interview on 5th January, 2012 but it is quite obvious that I wont be able to make it on that day. This is due to my wife whom is writing her MBBS examination on that day. I had mailed the appropriate quarters (LagosIV@state.gov and smart core) but I have been contemplating on going on that day alone if the sent mail is not replied before the day (5th Jan.) or wait outright for the reply.

In this thought, I called Nigeria embassy and explained the rigors. The man in his huge voice said, I don't need to come, while the mail would be attended to. He said many are absent on their appointment date and the embassy knows that such applicants would reschedule their appointment.

Please forumites, had anybody experienced this, if so, how was is solved.
More so, should I go to embassy on the 5th January if there is no respond of the sent mail or I should absolutely rely on the mail to be replied and go on the rescheduled date.

Your prompt respond would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Tonnyblue

Qualification

I talk to a friend who has also won the lottery 2012 but he is very worried and i hope the house will help him on this.. He failed in science and had a d7 in maths and e8 in english. He also had a diploma in business studies.. Since he doesnt not have a credit in english and maths but have a diploma in business studies, will that saves him out ?

Please help me tell this guy something because he is very worried

rhoda

Mistake from waec with middle name on waec certificate

What would you advise i do house please need urgent reply interview is near middle name was mispelt

my interview was a success

@KENNYEAST MY INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS AND MY EXPERIENCE

hello house my interview was as follows mind you there was an old woman who the co was trying to talk to that she shld sign somewhere on the form passed to her nd didn understand caue i was seated in front he made a gesture towards me tov help him make the woman understand which i did,the luckily he was th one that called my number up so i was interviewed by him

co:highest level of education
me:secondary school
co:what year did you leave sec school
me:2005
co:what are you doin at the moment
me:am studying in the university immediately i passed over my school ID,jamb admmission letter,letter of introduction from my school
co:what course did you take last semester
me:real analysis
co:tell me about it
me:its not explainable i have to solve wih a pen nd paper then he passd me a pen nd paper solved an equation nd that was it
co:showing me a paper then telling me to pick my visa at the adress 0on it nd he congratulated me
me:thank you

hello house my interview was as follows mind you there was an old woman who the co was trying to talk to that she shld sign somewhere on the form passed to her nd didn understand caue i was seated in front he made a gesture towards me tov help him make the woman understand which i did,the luckily he was th one that called my number up so i was interviewed by him

me:am studying in the university immediately i passed over my school ID,jamb admmission letter,letter of introduction from my school
me:its not explainable i have to solve wih a pen nd paper then he passd me a pen nd paper solved an equation nd that was it
co:showing me a paper then telling me to pick my visa at the adress 0on it nd he congratulated me

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to Obamaland.

All the best.Congrats---