• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

U can go to the secretary of state office to apply for ur SSN as soon as u arrived, say the next day, and u'll get it in less than two weeks all things being equal. As for account, u need ur SSN to open account, i opened my first account with Chase Bank 2days after i got my SSN, and the account was closed, reason the said they were unable to verify my SSN, that it takes like 30days for ur SSN to be available for verification, so they mail my money in check to and i opened it with Bank of America, here in chicago they av Chase Bank ATM everywhere but Bank of America u'll need to walk a distance to get on. As per job, there are a lot of health care job here in Chicago, if u just sacrifice 5weeks for a CNA program, u'll definitely get a job, there are a lot of other jobs around, remember u have to start somewhere, like myself, i just got a job at O'Hare international airport as a Ramp agent. i'm using cricket phone with unlimited talk, unlimited national texting and unlimited international texting for $45 a month, but i'll be changing very soon. her in Chicago, u can do very well without a car if u want, they av train and buses everywhere, all i do is get the address of where i want to go and my location, put it in google or yahoo map, chose transit and it will jus tell me how to get there from where i am, u don't av to trek. i am really blest, i live in a luxurious three bedroom apartment with my university roommate who left 9ja 2003. i know God will favor all of us in due time. this my number fell free to call anytime (773) 970 7847. cheers!

Kenny, hope all is well by the grace of the Most High, thanks very much for the info, it really helps a lot. the Lord continue to perfect all that concerns you IJMN. Amen!

Peace

N-2011AF00007XXX (My wife)
E-DV: Nov 30th,2009
NL Sent by KCC: 1st Apr,2010
NL Received: 20th May,2010
NL Sent back: 6th Jun,2010
KCC confirmed receipt Aug,2010
Police Report: 11th Oct,2010
Started medicals:20th Oct,2010
Completed Medicals:22 Oct,2010
2nd NL received: 12 Nov,2010
Interview part 1 come back again:23 Nov,2010
Interview‏‎ part 2 Successful:21 dec,2010
Visa picked up:7 Jan,2011
POE Chicago :8 Mar,2011
SSN Recieved: 4 apr,2011
GC Recieved : 6 apr,2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello forumites its been like forever since I logged in...its obvious Ъ? I'v missed a lot on dis forum...I'm glad d forum is still alive, I'll try n keep up.

to the fullest dude.

Hi Kenny,

(1) Did u apply for ur Job thru a recruiting agent like (Career builder,monster,likedln and so on) on the INTERNET or ao did u get the job ure doing?

(2) Ao were u able to get to office frm where ure staying for now,do u ve a car yet? Some say that one will nt be able to work widaout haveng a car?

Best of luck and takia

Hi Kenny,

(1) Did u apply for ur Job thru a recruiting agent like (Career builder,monster,likedln and so on) on the INTERNET or ao did u get the job ure doing?

(2) Ao were u able to get to office frm where ure staying for now,do u ve a car yet? Some say that one will nt be able to work widaout haveng a car?

Best of luck and takia

go to careerbuilder.com and craigslist.com, some of the company put their number there for u to call, some put a link to their website. as for getting to my job place, in my earlier post, i made mention of chicago having a very good transportation system, so i don't even see a reason for a car, apart from going to work, i don't really go anywhere on my own, always ridding with my friend but i will get a car as soon as i start school.

go to careerbuilder.com and craigslist.com, some of the company put their number there for u to call, some put a link to their website. as for getting to my job place, in my earlier post, i made mention of chicago having a very good transportation system, so i don't even see a reason for a car, apart from going to work, i don't really go anywhere on my own, always ridding with my friend but i will get a car as soon as i start school.

Txs for ur response.

Ao is application to schools in chicago made easy?

For me I will like to further my Education in Petroleum Engineering in one of the universities in Texas if i can evaluate my BSC in Electrical/Electron Engr nd go for top up ( say like admitting me to part 3 nd use one year to complete part 4) and get their BSC in Petroleum Eng.

What do u think?

Which kind of program do u wnt to go for in chicago?

Rgds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Txs for ur response.

Ao is application to schools in chicago made easy?

For me I will like to further my Education in Petroleum Engineering in one of the universities in Texas if i can evaluate my BSC in Electrical/Electron Engr nd go for top up ( say like admitting me to part 3 nd use one year to complete part 4) and get their BSC in Petroleum Eng.

What do u think?

Which kind of program do u wnt to go for in chicago?

Rgds.

@stonesanjay,
relax u dont have to see ur self dat way, with ur BSC u good if you need to further ur degree all u will need to do if 1. evaluate ur transcript through WES
2. write GRE for most universities although private colleges might take u without that buts it gona be a lot of though.
3. aplly for masters in pet engine u will get it with a good score in GRE if u want somthing like dat in houston U of H is prefered.
doing worry its a step at a time with ur 1st degree from nigeria u good bro.
4. in texas bro if u dont have a car u are stuck dats it bro.

@stonesanjay,
relax u dont have to see ur self dat way, with ur BSC u good if you need to further ur degree all u will need to do if 1. evaluate ur transcript through WES
2. write GRE for most universities although private colleges might take u without that buts it gona be a lot of though.
3. aplly for masters in pet engine u will get it with a good score in GRE if u want somthing like dat in houston U of H is prefered.
doing worry its a step at a time with ur 1st degree from nigeria u good bro.
4. in texas bro if u dont have a car u are stuck dats it bro.

Txs for ur response.

Wao!!!! ure in texas,u will know better .

(1) Where is WES in texas so that I can evaluate my BSC Degree?
(2) I have 2.2 in my BSC that was why i want to go into part 3 BSC in PETROLEUM ENGR frm U of H.
(3) How do i register for GRE? I think dis is text of English? (is it either GRE/TOEFL)
(4) Ao is job situation in Texas?Have u gotten one?Pls ao do I go abt that in Texas thou am still awaiting my SSN ND GC cos i went to SNN office last week nd they said i shld wait for 3 weeks?
(5) Do u have a number so that i can call u or messenger ID so that we cab chat for quick response BRO?

May the good Lord that started with us continue to be with us in this Land of opportunities,AMEN!!!!!

Rgds to ur family at large.

Pls i really need ur phone no and Yahoo ID so that we can talk better since ure in Texas.

Txs nd One luv.

Peace

N-2011AF00007XXX (My wife)
E-DV: Nov 30th,2009
NL Sent by KCC: 1st Apr,2010
NL Received: 20th May,2010
NL Sent back: 6th Jun,2010
KCC confirmed receipt Aug,2010
Police Report: 11th Oct,2010
Started medicals:20th Oct,2010
Completed Medicals:22 Oct,2010
2nd NL received: 12 Nov,2010