• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

@Stonesanjay,u dnt need to go to WES ofice for evaluatn.Just go to dia site(www.wes.org) to apply n make paymnt.Mind u,ur transcript have to b 4warded frm ur university in naija.It wont b aceptd if u send it ursef...Cheers

N-2011AF00007XXX (My wife)
E-DV: Nov 30th,2009
NL Sent by KCC: 1st Apr,2010
NL Received: 20th May,2010
NL Sent back: 6th Jun,2010
KCC confirmed receipt Aug,2010
Police Report: 11th Oct,2010
Started medicals:20th Oct,2010
Completed Medicals:22 Oct,2010
2nd NL received: 12 Nov,2010
Interview part 1 come back again:23 Nov,2010
Interview‏‎ part 2 Successful:21 dec,2010
Visa picked up:7 Jan,2011
POE Chicago :8 Mar,2011
SSN Recieved: 4 apr,2011
GC Recieved : 6 apr,2011

Last edited by a moderator:
@stonesanjay,am in naija now.I left chicago in april to come clear sumtins.Wil b goin bak to join ma wife n daughta by sept insha Alah.

Peace

@stonesanjay,am in naija now.I left chicago in april to come clear sumtins.Wil b goin bak to join ma wife n daughta by sept insha Alah.

@hannat... what are the necessary things i need to get if i get to USA before i would be able to travel back to Philippines or anywhere? and how do i maintain the status of my green card or visa? hope to hear from you soon

Please I have questions and will be really happy if I can get the answers from you guys that have successfully gotten your visa. I have a client of mine that won the DV2012 and they were registered as a couple. That is successful lady is suppose to be going with her husband. At the moment the lady is having second thought about proceeding with the DV2012 procession mainly because of the following issues.

1. Her marriage to her husband is just by traditional marriage and there is no verifiable certificate to cover this since traditional marriage here does not issue certificates.
2. Her highest qualifications is WAEC though she has worked for some year as a sales girl, do you think WAEC alone is enough to cover her, also her husband stopped at primary school and he has no WAEC but he is a driver. Do you think her husband’s education level will affect their chance of getting a visa. Please advise.

Thank you for your prompt answers.

@Lanreb,all u need is ur GC n passport to enter US If u r leavin for less than 6mnths.If u r leavin for more than 12mnths u must get a re-entry permit b4 u leave.Am goin bak afta 5mnths.Am nt ready to take any risk.Lol

That my pal didn't get interviewed today. He couldn't get more dollar.Got 700USD and Embassy refused him to pay in Naira.So guys pls get ur 819USD ready oh.This guy has rescheduled for the third time now since last October. I pray he gets his time before September runs out.I think all NIGERIANS are CURRENT NOW ON.He always leaves two days and some hours to his Interview time.I asked, he said his workplace.If his workplace pays him well, why worrying about getting the visa?

Please I have questions and will be really happy if I can get the answers from you guys that have successfully gotten your visa. I have a client of mine that won the DV2012 and they were registered as a couple. That is successful lady is suppose to be going with her husband. At the moment the lady is having second thought about proceeding with the DV2012 procession mainly because of the following issues.

1. Her marriage to her husband is just by traditional marriage and there is no verifiable certificate to cover this since traditional marriage here does not issue certificates.
2. Her highest qualifications is WAEC though she has worked for some year as a sales girl, do you think WAEC alone is enough to cover her, also her husband stopped at primary school and he has no WAEC but he is a driver. Do you think her husband’s education level will affect their chance of getting a visa. Please advise.

@strangerst1, If the wife actually won the lottery, then they dont have any problem since the husband is just a beneficiary to the lottery,
but if its the husband, then they is serious problem, cos the husband is not qualified by qualification neither is he qualified by experience, based on the fact that he
dosent have an O'LEVEL.
Anybody that won the lottery has to present his/her qualification while the other person will just be a beneficiary. So Answers to questions:

1) Let them both go to Ikoyi Registry court and get a proper wedding. A certificate will be issued to them after the wedding. They should both take lots and lots of
photos at the court so as to prove the genuiness of the wedding. The Traditional wedding ceremony they had is just an added advantage that they are trully married.

2) Like i said earlier, if its the wife that won it, no problem, but if its the husband, then they is a big problem. The husband is a driver and he doesnt have his O'LEVEL.
Driving is not a profession and so they might be denied of their visa. But if its the wife, then her O'LEVEL is enough to scale thru the interview. Her qualification will
be the main focus of the interview and not the husband's. I hope this helps. One love bro!

Sincerely speaking, i don't know how to advice here but they should think twice before they forge ahead with it....cos the situation is somehow critical and it involves lot of money.. Do they have kids? Can they defend their marriage? there is a lot to think about in this situation...\
All d best to them

U can see the experience of this couples also:

Hi

I went to the interview with my wife, who is a DV lottery winner. We have been married for ten years. Our interview was in London in August 2010. They didn't ask for any additional documents or evidence of marriage such as wedding photos etc. What you should bring with you to the interview are the documents listed in the NL. Naturally, marriage certificate is very important as it is the official document that proofs your marriage.

Because my wife is the DV lottery winner, she was asked lots of "tricky" questions in the interview. For example: when did you get your high school diploma? When I tried to help her, the officer got angry because I am not the winner but my wife is. Therefore, I shouldn't say anything and she must answer the questions correctly. Ok, that suited me fine.

Because my wife is the winner, they checked only her school diplomas. My wife had a high school diploma but she didn't have a document that would show the scores for each course she took in high school, so the officer became unsure if my wife's high school degree is comparable to that in the U.S. It turned out to be a problem, but we managed to sort that out. Then again, the officer started to hesitate about issuing the visa, as my wife has been house wife for the past ten years and she won't be working in the U.S. Our idea is that I will be working and she will stay home, taking care of our kids that we're planning to have after moving to the U.S.

At that point, I showed the officer my PhD diploma and a letter from my (non-US) employer explaining my position, salary and a work history of eight years in that organization. I believe there is a strong demand for my skills and experience in the U.S. and it seemed that the officer thought so, too. Once the officer saw these documents, she became convinced that my wife and I will not be a burden on U.S. social services and I will be able to get a job (and a salary) that enables our life in the United States. Only now I was allowed to speak on behalf of my wife, and the rest of the interview was between me and the officer.