• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

Txs for the info.

I am in Houston,

(1) How much did u pay for the drivers license?
(2) Pls., can i get the past questions of the theory of the test to prepare myself?
(3) Pls ao much did u get ur APt and can i get the clue on ao u got the place?
(4) How did u go abt ur SSN?How many weeks did u spend bf u got it.When did u come in to Texas?
(5) what is the procedure to obtain the GC?
(6) The manual u used,is it the Revised October 2008 version?
(7) Do u have a mobile line yet?If so,ao did u get it so that i can get one quickly?

The good Lord that has brought us this far will definitely perfect ALL that concerns us IJN,AMEN.

To LL those going for interviews and the new DV2012 WINNERS,we prey that the favour nd mercy of GOD shall be upon u all,AMEN.

Also to those still on AP (Benniit and others),the Lord will see to ur situation and grant u ur heart desires IJN,AMEN.

Peace to ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

@ stonesanjay be careful when filling the application forms and dont make any donations to the blind or watever donations written on it, without dat u will pay 25 dollars 4 ur driving license.
2. the manual u have if still the most recent. I just got another 1for my wife from the DPS and they gave me that same old 1. Though have not had time to take her to the place for the test. do wat u have to do b4 u start working. just know the signs and some of the fines u are good. u can google drivers license pratice test in virginia and know wat the questions are like.
3 u have to wait for 3 weeks on arrival in houston or if u get ur GC b4 3 week then u can go back and apply 4 ssn and u will usually get it in 5 days 4m date of application as the principal winner but all ur dependants will get it in 8-10 days. u can see the detail on my signature. dont waist ur gas i did thesame thing i went there 3 time but those guys are adamant on the 3 weeks thing even my friend that just came had thesame experience.
4. ur GC will get to ur addy b4 3 weeek or atmost by exactly 3weeks + a day or so.
5. dont subcribe 4 contract line 4 ur fone preferably use non contract and u can use the fone u brought from naija just take it to them and tell the u want ur line on it the wouldnt give u a sim oh they will just use the ime number in the fone and do the electronic thing. i use simple mobile its $40 monthly dats a lot guy to be sincere without a job.am due to pay anoda 1 now am thinking where the money will come from.
my apart is for 500, the bills water gas fone another 100.
u will still need a car and insurance its all a whole lot of money guy.
just be calm i was already driving in the us with my international drivers license b4 i did my test and the examiner sai=d i was an excellent driver. just obey the rules wat faill ppl is parallel parking which i did with just 1 gear i.e the reverse=. the next thing was i changed to parking pple always say it hard but am telling u most pple here have miniature minds just bone them and be determined to achive it . with God all things are possible am just exactly 2 months n 4 days in the usa today.
Hope all this was helpful dont usually have time to type this long on the net but here we have to help 1 another not to stray. cheers.
! bouyant love house...

Last edited by a moderator:
Deepope, thanks for the info. The phone u get depends on the product plan, mine is unlimited, that is if I don't pay at the end of the month I can still receive but I may not be able to call. And the call you make is not also restricted to a particular minute. Moreover it has internet facility, it's what i use to browse for now. And again when you want to apply for job you need a phone number on your resume.

@ stonesanjay be careful when filling the application forms and dont make any donations to the blind or watever donations written on it, without dat u will pay 25 dollars 4 ur driving license.
2. the manual u have if still the most recent. I just got another 1for my wife from the DPS and they gave me that same old 1. Though have not had time to take her to the place for the test. do wat u have to do b4 u start working. just know the signs and some of the fines u are good. u can google drivers license pratice test in virginia and know wat the questions are like.
3 u have to wait for 3 weeks on arrival in houston or if u get ur GC b4 3 week then u can go back and apply 4 ssn and u will usually get it in 5 days 4m date of application as the principal winner but all ur dependants will get it in 8-10 days. u can see the detail on my signature. dont waist ur gas i did thesame thing i went there 3 time but those guys are adamant on the 3 weeks thing even my friend that just came had thesame experience.
4. ur GC will get to ur addy b4 3 weeek or atmost by exactly 3weeks + a day or so.
5. dont subcribe 4 contract line 4 ur fone preferably use non contract and u can use the fone u brought from naija just take it to them and tell the u want ur line on it the wouldnt give u a sim oh they will just use the ime number in the fone and do the electronic thing. i use simple mobile its $40 monthly dats a lot guy to be sincere without a job.am due to pay anoda 1 now am thinking where the money will come from.
my apart is for 500, the bills water gas fone another 100.
u will still need a car and insurance its all a whole lot of money guy.
just be calm i was already driving in the us with my international drivers license b4 i did my test and the examiner sai=d i was an excellent driver. just obey the rules wat faill ppl is parallel parking which i did with just 1 gear i.e the reverse=. the next thing was i changed to parking pple always say it hard but am telling u most pple here have miniature minds just bone them and be determined to achive it . with God all things are possible am just exactly 2 months n 4 days in the usa today.
Hope all this was helpful dont usually have time to type this long on the net but here we have to help 1 another not to stray. cheers.
! bouyant love house...

Txs for the info nd God bless u.

Deepope, thanks for the info. The phone u get depends on the product plan, mine is unlimited, that is if I don't pay at the end of the month I can still receive but I may not be able to call. And the call you make is not also restricted to a particular minute. Moreover it has internet facility, it's what i use to browse for now. And again when you want to apply for job you need a phone number on your resume.

Which brand of phone is ur own and ao much do u pay per month?

@ bola not that u may not be able to call but u will NOT be able to call this is america, money 4 hand back 4 .......
the cheapest tarriffs in texas are cricket and simple mobile. it depends on wat u want for
simple mobile unlimited talk and text with unlimited international text to anywhere in the world its $40 monthly.
if u want data plan i.e internet added u will pay 50. u can also get family plan if u need 2 line u pay less cumulatively like 63 for u n ur wife per month.
cricket is about 55 remember its unlimited talk and text with unlimited international text. 4 me i have an apt its no useful for me to get data wen i will still need internet in my house which i do. though t mobile n at&t got the best network but u realy have to start somewhere beware of this pple they have alot of clauses when u hear their adverts. dont try all this contract lines oh 4 now they suck.

deepoe, am happy for you man, pls i know u have passed this stage i need ur advise in this, am scheduled for interview early august and my wife is the winner in this case. pls this birth registration thing i want to know if is okay to have it done in my wifs maiden name, this is because it was done in her maiden name and as u know her maiden name is not on her passport. pls how did u handle dat issue for ur wife. mind yu the birthcertificate am referring to is the national population commission one, and the lady dat did it for us said is usually done with the maiden name. hope its okay using her maiden name. pls i will appreciate it if u get back to me soon on this. the Lord is ur strenght continue the good work. cheers.

Paulyes,if u did d npc birth atestatn after ur mariage,pls ur wife's name shld b in ur name n nt her father's name since she has changed ha name afta marrying u.U can jst use "nee".But if date on d cert is b4 ur mariage,u can leave it in her father's cos her name hadnt changed wen she did it.Wat npc gives pple of ds our age is birth attestatn and not birth cert.I did d same for my wife.Cheers

N-2011AF00007XXX (My wife)
E-DV: Nov 30th,2009
NL Sent by KCC: 1st Apr,2010
NL Received: 20th May,2010
NL Sent back: 6th Jun,2010
KCC confirmed receipt Aug,2010
Police Report: 11th Oct,2010
Started medicals:20th Oct,2010
Completed Medicals:22 Oct,2010
2nd NL received: 12 Nov,2010
Interview part 1 come back again:23 Nov,2010
Interview‏‎ part 2 Successful:21 dec,2010
Visa picked up:7 Jan,2011
POE Chicago :8 Mar,2011
SSN Recieved: 4 apr,2011
GC Recieved : 6 apr,2011

@Bola,pls wch netwrk allows u to receive cal afta ur subscriptn has expired.I wil like to subscibed to such.I got cricket unlimitd for my wife @ $35 monthly for jst cal & text within US.Pls let me kno so dt we can switch.Thanks

@deepope,pls r u sayin de can put a CDMA line on a GSM fone?Since most of d fones we use in naija r gsm n most netwrks in US r on CDMA as i only heard of AT&T and TMobile for gsm b4 i left in April which r xpensive for starters like us.Pls help reconfirm this.Tx

@ bola not that u may not be able to call but u will NOT be able to call this is america, money 4 hand back 4 .......
the cheapest tarriffs in texas are cricket and simple mobile. it depends on wat u want for
simple mobile unlimited talk and text with unlimited international text to anywhere in the world its $40 monthly.
if u want data plan i.e internet added u will pay 50. u can also get family plan if u need 2 line u pay less cumulatively like 63 for u n ur wife per month.
cricket is about 55 remember its unlimited talk and text with unlimited international text. 4 me i have an apt its no useful for me to get data wen i will still need internet in my house which i do. though t mobile n at&t got the best network but u realy have to start somewhere beware of this pple they have alot of clauses when u hear their adverts. dont try all this contract lines oh 4 now they suck.

Txs for the info.

(1) Pls,is the car they used for the driving Manual or Automatic?
(2) You said;cricket is about 55 remember its unlimited talk and text with unlimited international text.Does that means I can send text to someones phone in Nigeria or other countries outside USA with it?
(3) The $55,is it for family (both me nd my wife) or just for one person?
(4) Is it $25 for the Driver license per person?
Txs for the assistance.

drivers licence in Maryland

Hi all, if you know you are coming to Maryland to reside and you know you need drivers licence here soon, i ll advice you to make sure u come with your Nigerian drivers license and also A DRIVING RECORD FROM FRSC OJODU or ABUJA. That ll cost you like 8 to 10k depending on your connection. if you don't come with it , u ll still have to get someone to go there for you later and collect it before u can even do driving license test anywhere in Maryland. they have a ready-made template for Nigerian if u want to exchange a Nigeria drivers license. and if u want to start afresh, u ll have to go to a driving school and u ll be in possession of learners permit for 9 month before u can do Ur driving test.
please i want to know if anyone is coming from Nigeria maybe next week or the week after so that some one can meet him or her and give my driving record to him so he can post it to me where ever he is here.
Thank you

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain.

Nice quotation!!

I was at the SNN office this morning and was told to come back on August 4th (3 weeks from the date we came in to USA).

I believe this is peculiar to Texas nd nt like other state in USA.

The good Lord that started with us will definitely stay with us till the end.

Wishing everybody best of luck and success.

Cheers!!!!!!!!

Nice quotation!!

I was at the SNN office this morning and was told to come back on August 4th (3 weeks from the date we came in to USA).

I believe this is peculiar to Texas nd nt like other state in USA.

The good Lord that started with us will definitely stay with us till the end.

Wishing everybody best of luck and success.

Cheers!!!!!!!!

stonesanjay, in one of the documents( SSN Letter) given to me at the ghanaian embassy during my visa collection, it state in there that if only you ticked the portion upon filling the DS-123 forms, then you wouldn't need to go the SSN office to get the number but you would be given in 3 wks time. i want to know is it that they have now started that or it varies from state to state as you said.

Peace

Situation report here in Chicago

U can go to the secretary of state office to apply for ur SSN as soon as u arrived, say the next day, and u'll get it in less than two weeks all things being equal. As for account, u need ur SSN to open account, i opened my first account with Chase Bank 2days after i got my SSN, and the account was closed, reason the said they were unable to verify my SSN, that it takes like 30days for ur SSN to be available for verification, so they mail my money in check to and i opened it with Bank of America, here in chicago they av Chase Bank ATM everywhere but Bank of America u'll need to walk a distance to get on. As per job, there are a lot of health care job here in Chicago, if u just sacrifice 5weeks for a CNA program, u'll definitely get a job, there are a lot of other jobs around, remember u have to start somewhere, like myself, i just got a job at O'Hare international airport as a Ramp agent. i'm using cricket phone with unlimited talk, unlimited national texting and unlimited international texting for $45 a month, but i'll be changing very soon. her in Chicago, u can do very well without a car if u want, they av train and buses everywhere, all i do is get the address of where i want to go and my location, put it in google or yahoo map, chose transit and it will jus tell me how to get there from where i am, u don't av to trek. i am really blest, i live in a luxurious three bedroom apartment with my university roommate who left 9ja 2003. i know God will favor all of us in due time. this my number fell free to call anytime (773) 970 7847. cheers!

stonesanjay, in one of the documents( SSN Letter) given to me at the ghanaian embassy during my visa collection, it state in there that if only you ticked the portion upon filling the DS-123 forms, then you wouldn't need to go the SSN office to get the number but you would be given in 3 wks time. i want to know is it that they have now started that or it varies from state to state as you said.

It varies from state to state.

In any case,one will definitely get it in no time.

Read KennyEast post u will get i am talking abt.

Cheers!!

U can go to the secretary of state office to apply for ur SSN as soon as u arrived, say the next day, and u'll get it in less than two weeks all things being equal. As for account, u need ur SSN to open account, i opened my first account with Chase Bank 2days after i got my SSN, and the account was closed, reason the said they were unable to verify my SSN, that it takes like 30days for ur SSN to be available for verification, so they mail my money in check to and i opened it with Bank of America, here in chicago they av Chase Bank ATM everywhere but Bank of America u'll need to walk a distance to get on. As per job, there are a lot of health care job here in Chicago, if u just sacrifice 5weeks for a CNA program, u'll definitely get a job, there are a lot of other jobs around, remember u have to start somewhere, like myself, i just got a job at O'Hare international airport as a Ramp agent. i'm using cricket phone with unlimited talk, unlimited national texting and unlimited international texting for $45 a month, but i'll be changing very soon. her in Chicago, u can do very well without a car if u want, they av train and buses everywhere, all i do is get the address of where i want to go and my location, put it in google or yahoo map, chose transit and it will jus tell me how to get there from where i am, u don't av to trek. i am really blest, i live in a luxurious three bedroom apartment with my university roommate who left 9ja 2003. i know God will favor all of us in due time. this my number fell free to call anytime (773) 970 7847. cheers!

Txs for the info Kenny.

God bless u.

Please,wht is Ramp Agent?

The God will continue to guide u in chicago.

Dnt worry,i will pay u visit one of these days.

Cheers!!

Txs for the info Kenny.

God bless u.

Please,wht is Ramp Agent?

The God will continue to guide u in chicago.

Dnt worry,i will pay u visit one of these days.

Cheers!!

Ramp Agent is a person that load or offload ur checked in baggages to the necessary destination.