• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

House please join me in this song “I give Glory to thy Lord He reign, giving Glory to thy Lord He reigns, He reigns, He reigns, He reigns, Giving Glory to thy Lord He reigns. Hallelujah”. It appears that I am dreaming. Please let some one in the house wake me up.

Beloved brethren in the House join me and sing praises to the Good Lord for He has done a marvelous thing in my life in this year 2011. My Visa interview was a success. I am to pick my visa on the 15th June.

It was my first time applying for this visa lottery. I never believed in it or consider myself to be lucky ever to be a winner. In is indeed the Lord’s doing. My first notification letter was posted since last year (14th April, 2010 ) but due to the Nigerian poor poster system and my home addressed I used, my letter got to me by February 2nd this year. My confirmation number I got when I applied since 2009 was no where to be found but I thank God for the internet for the facts I gathered. I was worried for my case number also indicated that my case is current by February. But thank God for this forum for the guide, knowledge and exposure I gathered to preparing for my interview.

My experience with the consular officer is similar with the testimonies that others have shared in this forum. I will keep the house updated with happenings. God bless you all and I Love you all.

House please join me in this song “I give Glory to thy Lord He reign, giving Glory to thy Lord He reigns, He reigns, He reigns, He reigns, Giving Glory to thy Lord He reigns. Hallelujah”. It appears that I am dreaming. Please let some one in the house wake me up.

Beloved brethren in the House join me and sing praises to the Good Lord for He has done a marvelous thing in my life in this year 2011. My Visa interview was a success. I am to pick my visa on the 15th June.

It was my first time applying for this visa lottery. I never believed in it or consider myself to be lucky ever to be a winner. In is indeed the Lord’s doing. My first notification letter was posted since last year (14th April, 2010 ) but due to the Nigerian poor poster system and my home addressed I used, my letter got to me by February 2nd this year. My confirmation number I got when I applied since 2009 was no where to be found but I thank God for the internet for the facts I gathered. I was worried for my case number also indicated that my case is current by February. But thank God for this forum for the guide, knowledge and exposure I gathered to preparing for my interview.

My experience with the consular officer is similar with the testimonies that others have shared in this forum. I will keep the house updated with happenings. God bless you all and I Love you all.

congrat the good lord hv done it 4u.posty ur interview xprience

@ Bobito.

I am happy for you man :) Wish you safe trip to the Obamaland :) Land of the Free. We will certainly join you there :)

Helo house, my trip 2 Obama land is scheduled 4 nxt wk & i hvnt taken my 2nd dose of immunization even though d tym has already passed abt 3 mnts nw. I hop i m nt goin 2 hv any problem wit dis @ POE?.

@ bobbito

My broda i thought u've asconded with 'our' experience? We indeed join u in singing praises unto our God, who has done this. Congratulations and all the best in america. Gudluck and God bless!

Congratulations, my brother, it is the Lord's doing, mine was my first too, God it for me and now u, i know He is going to do it for somebody in the house. Thank God. but u still have to post ur comment, no two interview experience is the same.

Congrats!

Helo house, my trip 2
Obama land is scheduled
4 nxt wk & i hvnt taken
my 2nd dose of
immunization even
though d tym has already
passed abt 3 mnts nw. I
hop i m nt goin 2 hv any
problem wit dis @ POE?.

Please guys, i have been issued my visa to depart next month, But i need to know whether i caqn change my address at the point of entry. I mean i gave an address to send the green card but would want to change the address because i dont intend to stay there anymore.

I delayed this post to ensure and confirm that I am not dreaming. It looks real. My experiences on my visa interview goes like this:

I got to the embassy by 6.00am and on the way I met some photographers trying to convince me to take passport photos. Thank God for the testimonies of others in the house for I was prepared for them. Since I already have my 4 passports with me, I ignored them (but if you don’t have the required size of passport 5mm x 5mm), I advice you patronize them). At about 6:15am, those scheduled for 6:30am (NIV- those for non immigrant visa) where called in first. After that, those for immigrant visas (including DV winners) where asked to form a queue. I was smart enough to be the number 2 on the line. As it was about getting to my turn to submit my 2nl to a lady carrying out screening, one other Nigerian lady came and said that we should give room for mothers with children (including their husbands) and old people. This made me to be displaced far to the back on the queue.
There were lots of security check points and they are also there to guide you on what to do in each stage. I got inside, paid my $819 (N 131,000 cash) at window 22 and sat down. Later, I was called to window 15 at about some minutes to 8am to submit my documents. The Nigerian lady at the window only collected my WAEC results, university degree results, NYSC discharge certificate, NPC birth cert., int passport, 3 passport photographs and medical results only both photocopies and original. Other documents including my primary school result, professional certifications, recommendations and appointment letters of the various places I have worked where returned.

At about some minutes to 10am, I was called to windows 10 by this young, white American guy and the following conversation followed:

CO.... Good morning.
Me.... I responded.
CO.... raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth
ME.... I responded.
CO…. Take your finger prints.
ME…. I responded.
CO.... You are here because you are a DV winner. Are you the one that filled these forms? (DS-230 1& 2 and DSP 122 forms I sent to KCC)

Me.... I responded
CO..... Whats ur highest level of qualification?
Me..... University degree
CO.... What subject did you do?
ME.... Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
CO.... What is that? (He was smiling and laughing, picked up my degree results and nodded his head that it is OK.
CO…. Did you do a project in ur final yr in school?
ME.... Yes
CO.... Tell me about it.
ME.... Design and construction of 500VA solar power system. (And I went ahead to talk about the project for about 2mins.

As I was talking the CO was busy typing on his computer, smiling and nodding his head. On my part I wasn’t happy with myself for I am not too composed in my presentation as a result of the stress and tiredness from work, travelling to Lagos and I couldn’t even sleep since 2.00am because of the heat in Lagos and not PHCN light where I put up. I entered Lagos very late and I slept some minutes past 11pm the previous day. But the smiles from the CO encouraged me to keep on talking.

CO..... What are solar cells, how do they trap the sun’s energy?
Me..... I responded
CO.... What subjects did you do in your university?
ME.... I listed some courses I could remember up to about 8.
CO.... What are microwave?
ME…. I responded. (Of a truth it was the Spirit of God that directed him to ask questions on microwave, for that is the only course that I browse for some information. I left school since 2005 and now occupied with field work. I must confess that I did not prepare very well because of office work and may be I believed in myself and also God has already given me success in the interview, though I expected such questions).

CO…. Who is Dennis? (my host in the US)
ME…. I responded.
CO… Where did you do your NYSC?
ME.... I responded
CO.... You worked in PHCN, what did you do?
ME.... I responded.
CO…. Do you have pictures to back up these things you worked on?
ME.... No, but I have documents here with me.(As I was attempting to bring them out from my file he stopped me and said it is ok. He excused himself to pick my visa pick up letter).
CO…. I have a letter here with me for you to pick up your visa on the address highlighted at Lekki. Congratulations.

Beloved house that is how the Lord did it for me. I was so tired during my interview, could not prepare much and I wasn’t too composed, though I was very audible. I rated myself 20% in the way I presented my answers. It is God that was directing the CO to concentrate on the areas I could talk about though I wasn’t afraid of any questions. The CO friendly mode and smiles also encouraged me to keep on talking. My advice for anyone going for the interview is that you should be yourself and make sure you can defend all your documents including what you fill on the forms submitted to KCC. God bless this house for the experiences that others shared for they made me to believe that the questions will be simple and what to expect. Those that wished me well, @HEAVEN, @LANREB that where enquiring about my success and my where-about God bless you all for your care and concern. Please, BOBBITO is a he single but not searching.

I delayed this post to ensure and confirm that I am not dreaming. It looks real. My experiences on my visa interview goes like this:

I got to the embassy by 6.00am and on the way I met some photographers trying to convince me to take passport photos. Thank God for the testimonies of others in the house for I was prepared for them. Since I already have my 4 passports with me, I ignored them (but if you don’t have the required size of passport 5mm x 5mm), I advice you patronize them). At about 6:15am, those scheduled for 6:30am (NIV- those for non immigrant visa) where called in first. After that, those for immigrant visas (including DV winners) where asked to form a queue. I was smart enough to be the number 2 on the line. As it was about getting to my turn to submit my 2nl to a lady carrying out screening, one other Nigerian lady came and said that we should give room for mothers with children (including their husbands) and old people. This made me to be displaced far to the back on the queue.
There were lots of security check points and they are also there to guide you on what to do in each stage. I got inside, paid my $819 (N 131,000 cash) at window 22 and sat down. Later, I was called to window 15 at about some minutes to 8am to submit my documents. The Nigerian lady at the window only collected my WAEC results, university degree results, NYSC discharge certificate, NPC birth cert., int passport, 3 passport photographs and medical results only both photocopies and original. Other documents including my primary school result, professional certifications, recommendations and appointment letters of the various places I have worked where returned.

At about some minutes to 10am, I was called to windows 10 by this young, white American guy and the following conversation followed:

CO.... Good morning.
Me.... I responded.
CO.... raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth
ME.... I responded.
CO…. Take your finger prints.
ME…. I responded.
CO.... You are here because you are a DV winner. Are you the one that filled these forms? (DS-230 1& 2 and DSP 122 forms I sent to KCC)

Me.... I responded
CO..... Whats ur highest level of qualification?
Me..... University degree
CO.... What subject did you do?
ME.... Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
CO.... What is that? (He was smiling and laughing, picked up my degree results and nodded his head that it is OK.
CO…. Did you do a project in ur final yr in school?
ME.... Yes
CO.... Tell me about it.
ME.... Design and construction of 500VA solar power system. (And I went ahead to talk about the project for about 2mins.

As I was talking the CO was busy typing on his computer, smiling and nodding his head. On my part I wasn’t happy with myself for I am not too composed in my presentation as a result of the stress and tiredness from work, travelling to Lagos and I couldn’t even sleep since 2.00am because of the heat in Lagos and not PHCN light where I put up. I entered Lagos very late and I slept some minutes past 11pm the previous day. But the smiles from the CO encouraged me to keep on talking.

CO..... What are solar cells, how do they trap the sun’s energy?
Me..... I responded
CO.... What subjects did you do in your university?
ME.... I listed some courses I could remember up to about 8.
CO.... What are microwave?
ME…. I responded. (Of a truth it was the Spirit of God that directed him to ask questions on microwave, for that is the only course that I browse for some information. I left school since 2005 and now occupied with field work. I must confess that I did not prepare very well because of office work and may be I believed in myself and also God has already given me success in the interview, though I expected such questions).

CO…. Who is Dennis? (my host in the US)
ME…. I responded.
CO… Where did you do your NYSC?
ME.... I responded
CO.... You worked in PHCN, what did you do?
ME.... I responded.
CO…. Do you have pictures to back up these things you worked on?
ME.... No, but I have documents here with me.(As I was attempting to bring them out from my file he stopped me and said it is ok. He excused himself to pick my visa pick up letter).
CO…. I have a letter here with me for you to pick up your visa on the address highlighted at Lekki. Congratulations.

Beloved house that is how the Lord did it for me. I was so tired during my interview, could not prepare much and I wasn’t too composed, though I was very audible. I rated myself 20% in the way I presented my answers. It is God that was directing the CO to concentrate on the areas I could talk about though I wasn’t afraid of any questions. The CO friendly mode and smiles also encouraged me to keep on talking. My advice for anyone going for the interview is that you should be yourself and make sure you can defend all your documents including what you fill on the forms submitted to KCC. God bless this house for the experiences that others shared for they made me to believe that the questions will be simple and what to expect. Those that wished me well, @HEAVEN, @LANREB that where enquiring about my success and my where-about God bless you all for your care and concern. Please, BOBBITO is a he single but not searching.

congrats once again my bro.

Looks like everybody should be current now.

Okay I figure it now.For August, Nigeria 71,800 I know someone with 99xxx, I hope September covers him.

Your friend will be current when the next bulletin is out, Africa including Nigeria will be current for September.

One love.

to bibbito and lanreb I say a big CONGRATULATIONS, welcome on board
and also wishing those going for their interview this week a resounding success IJN.
@ kennyeast am kool oh just got my ssn today waiting for my wife's ssn.

@ All members!

Hi guyz, happy sunday to u all. A quick one to you guyz, i have like 2 dose vasin to take from kamaros or any where. 1 is for last month and the other in october, but i have not taken that 1 of last month. Will that affect my entry to america in anyway? Also the envelop that was given to us during the visa pickup, which we were told to give at the P.O.E does ij have expiration date? Cos i know it is our medical report, and some members has said that they expires between 6 months or so. Please guyz clearify this!

Hi guyz, happy sunday to u all. A quick one to you guyz, i have like 2 dose vasin to take from kamaros or any where. 1 is for last month and the other in october, but i have not taken that 1 of last month. Will that affect my entry to america in anyway? Also the envelop that was given to us during the visa pickup, which we were told to give at the P.O.E does ij have expiration date? Cos i know it is our medical report, and some members has said that
they expires between 6 months or so. Please guyz clearify this!

@heavenborn, my wife and I didnt take the vaccine either, in fact the X-rays are still with us nobody checked dem. not taking it wouldnt affect ur entry into the us ,but if u want to work in the health sector here usually u will need the HBV vaccination record so u can decide to come and start it all over here, missing it last month if its still within 2 weeks u can still go take it but if over 2 weeks u will have to start all over anyways.as for ur envelope ,just make sure u come in b4 the expiration of ur visa which is 6 months from the date of issue den u good bro. make sure the envelopes are in ur hand luggage and not in the checked in luggage.