• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

congrats Lanreb, im happy for you .
im glad to tell the house that im now in washington DC now. i flew qatar and came in 4 hours ago and it was a very smooth flight.

@ Temmy2010, thank God for journey mercies and congrats once more! How many hours was ur flight from Lagos to Washington?

My bros u still dey nija? U have just less than 2 months to get into US! This should benefit not just u but others looking for a cheap flight. I just booked mine today at Wakanow.com, though not online i went to their office at Elegusi beach drive, ikate round about lekki. It is the 3rd round about, the next round about afterthe visa collection centre (Vfs) which is 2nd round about. You can google their website: wakanow.com and their hotline is toll free, 0800wakanow (08009252669) ur calls to this number is free. The lady that booked for me is Ngozi by name. I checked many travel agents both at ikeja and Tbs lagos where u have a lot of traveling agents, they are just too many there. But wakanow has the cheapest rate, with about a difference of 20k on the cheapest flight. Example: Royal air Maroc @ wakanow.com is 142.5k, but others agents is above 160k. Emirates @ wakanow.com is 153k+, while other agents is above 170k. I will advice u call the agents and compare their prices and then make your booking asap, cos airlines are already in their high season and flight fare keeps going up every day. I wanted to fly Qatar of which was 149k last week, but this week it was up above 180k bcos i did'nt book then. Am heading to New Jersey but the cheapest direct flight i get is above 200k, so i have to use Jfk New york cos it's cheaper for me. From Jfk to my final destination should not cost more than $100 for a cab, so i have to use that and will fly in less than 2weeks time God willing. Gudluck and God bless!

@ Heavenborn, thanks for the info, very helpful. Thanks bros!

I delayed this post to ensure and confirm that I am not dreaming. It looks real. My experiences on my visa interview goes like this:

I got to the embassy by 6.00am and on the way I met some photographers trying to convince me to take passport photos. Thank God for the testimonies of others in the house for I was prepared for them. Since I already have my 4 passports with me, I ignored them (but if you don’t have the required size of passport 5mm x 5mm), I advice you patronize them). At about 6:15am, those scheduled for 6:30am (NIV- those for non immigrant visa) where called in first. After that, those for immigrant visas (including DV winners) where asked to form a queue. I was smart enough to be the number 2 on the line. As it was about getting to my turn to submit my 2nl to a lady carrying out screening, one other Nigerian lady came and said that we should give room for mothers with children (including their husbands) and old people. This made me to be displaced far to the back on the queue.
There were lots of security check points and they are also there to guide you on what to do in each stage. I got inside, paid my $819 (N 131,000 cash) at window 22 and sat down. Later, I was called to window 15 at about some minutes to 8am to submit my documents. The Nigerian lady at the window only collected my WAEC results, university degree results, NYSC discharge certificate, NPC birth cert., int passport, 3 passport photographs and medical results only both photocopies and original. Other documents including my primary school result, professional certifications, recommendations and appointment letters of the various places I have worked where returned.

At about some minutes to 10am, I was called to windows 10 by this young, white American guy and the following conversation followed:

CO.... Good morning.
Me.... I responded.
CO.... raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth
ME.... I responded.
CO…. Take your finger prints.
ME…. I responded.
CO.... You are here because you are a DV winner. Are you the one that filled these forms? (DS-230 1& 2 and DSP 122 forms I sent to KCC)

Me.... I responded
CO..... Whats ur highest level of qualification?
Me..... University degree
CO.... What subject did you do?
ME.... Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
CO.... What is that? (He was smiling and laughing, picked up my degree results and nodded his head that it is OK.
CO…. Did you do a project in ur final yr in school?
ME.... Yes
CO.... Tell me about it.
ME.... Design and construction of 500VA solar power system. (And I went ahead to talk about the project for about 2mins.

As I was talking the CO was busy typing on his computer, smiling and nodding his head. On my part I wasn’t happy with myself for I am not too composed in my presentation as a result of the stress and tiredness from work, travelling to Lagos and I couldn’t even sleep since 2.00am because of the heat in Lagos and not PHCN light where I put up. I entered Lagos very late and I slept some minutes past 11pm the previous day. But the smiles from the CO encouraged me to keep on talking.

CO..... What are solar cells, how do they trap the sun’s energy?
Me..... I responded
CO.... What subjects did you do in your university?
ME.... I listed some courses I could remember up to about 8.
CO.... What are microwave?
ME…. I responded. (Of a truth it was the Spirit of God that directed him to ask questions on microwave, for that is the only course that I browse for some information. I left school since 2005 and now occupied with field work. I must confess that I did not prepare very well because of office work and may be I believed in myself and also God has already given me success in the interview, though I expected such questions).

CO…. Who is Dennis? (my host in the US)
ME…. I responded.
CO… Where did you do your NYSC?
ME.... I responded
CO.... You worked in PHCN, what did you do?
ME.... I responded.
CO…. Do you have pictures to back up these things you worked on?
ME.... No, but I have documents here with me.(As I was attempting to bring them out from my file he stopped me and said it is ok. He excused himself to pick my visa pick up letter).
CO…. I have a letter here with me for you to pick up your visa on the address highlighted at Lekki. Congratulations.

Beloved house that is how the Lord did it for me. I was so tired during my interview, could not prepare much and I wasn’t too composed, though I was very audible. I rated myself 20% in the way I presented my answers. It is God that was directing the CO to concentrate on the areas I could talk about though I wasn’t afraid of any questions. The CO friendly mode and smiles also encouraged me to keep on talking. My advice for anyone going for the interview is that you should be yourself and make sure you can defend all your documents including what you fill on the forms submitted to KCC. God bless this house for the experiences that others shared for they made me to believe that the questions will be simple and what to expect. Those that wished me well, @HEAVEN, @LANREB that where enquiring about my success and my where-about God bless you all for your care and concern. Please, BOBBITO is a he single but not searching.

Congrats!!!

@ deepope

Thank u my broda for the info. And congrats on ur GC, wish u and ur wife all the best in america. I also will flying in next week God willing. @ vicmac2. U're welcome, and best of luck bro!

Hello House;
a friend of mine passed out in 2000,but make her waec in 2004 and 2005 respectively;does this has any implication on his visa succes?

Hello House;
a friend of mine passed out in 2000,but make her waec in 2004 and 2005 respectively;does this has any implication on his visa succes?

Passed out from a University or what? Well, they see inconsistencies and you normalize by explaining what happened.Try come back with some clearer grammar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I delayed this post to ensure and confirm that I am not dreaming. It looks real. My experiences on my visa interview goes like this:

I got to the embassy by 6.00am and on the way I met some photographers trying to convince me to take passport photos. Thank God for the testimonies of others in the house for I was prepared for them. Since I already have my 4 passports with me, I ignored them (but if you don’t have the required size of passport 5mm x 5mm), I advice you patronize them). At about 6:15am, those scheduled for 6:30am (NIV- those for non immigrant visa) where called in first. After that, those for immigrant visas (including DV winners) where asked to form a queue. I was smart enough to be the number 2 on the line. As it was about getting to my turn to submit my 2nl to a lady carrying out screening, one other Nigerian lady came and said that we should give room for mothers with children (including their husbands) and old people. This made me to be displaced far to the back on the queue.
There were lots of security check points and they are also there to guide you on what to do in each stage. I got inside, paid my $819 (N 131,000 cash) at window 22 and sat down. Later, I was called to window 15 at about some minutes to 8am to submit my documents. The Nigerian lady at the window only collected my WAEC results, university degree results, NYSC discharge certificate, NPC birth cert., int passport, 3 passport photographs and medical results only both photocopies and original. Other documents including my primary school result, professional certifications, recommendations and appointment letters of the various places I have worked where returned.

At about some minutes to 10am, I was called to windows 10 by this young, white American guy and the following conversation followed:

CO.... Good morning.
Me.... I responded.
CO.... raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth
ME.... I responded.
CO…. Take your finger prints.
ME…. I responded.
CO.... You are here because you are a DV winner. Are you the one that filled these forms? (DS-230 1& 2 and DSP 122 forms I sent to KCC)

Me.... I responded
CO..... Whats ur highest level of qualification?
Me..... University degree
CO.... What subject did you do?
ME.... Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
CO.... What is that? (He was smiling and laughing, picked up my degree results and nodded his head that it is OK.
CO…. Did you do a project in ur final yr in school?
ME.... Yes
CO.... Tell me about it.
ME.... Design and construction of 500VA solar power system. (And I went ahead to talk about the project for about 2mins.

As I was talking the CO was busy typing on his computer, smiling and nodding his head. On my part I wasn’t happy with myself for I am not too composed in my presentation as a result of the stress and tiredness from work, travelling to Lagos and I couldn’t even sleep since 2.00am because of the heat in Lagos and not PHCN light where I put up. I entered Lagos very late and I slept some minutes past 11pm the previous day. But the smiles from the CO encouraged me to keep on talking.

CO..... What are solar cells, how do they trap the sun’s energy?
Me..... I responded
CO.... What subjects did you do in your university?
ME.... I listed some courses I could remember up to about 8.
CO.... What are microwave?
ME…. I responded. (Of a truth it was the Spirit of God that directed him to ask questions on microwave, for that is the only course that I browse for some information. I left school since 2005 and now occupied with field work. I must confess that I did not prepare very well because of office work and may be I believed in myself and also God has already given me success in the interview, though I expected such questions).

CO…. Who is Dennis? (my host in the US)
ME…. I responded.
CO… Where did you do your NYSC?
ME.... I responded
CO.... You worked in PHCN, what did you do?
ME.... I responded.
CO…. Do you have pictures to back up these things you worked on?
ME.... No, but I have documents here with me.(As I was attempting to bring them out from my file he stopped me and said it is ok. He excused himself to pick my visa pick up letter).
CO…. I have a letter here with me for you to pick up your visa on the address highlighted at Lekki. Congratulations.

Beloved house that is how the Lord did it for me. I was so tired during my interview, could not prepare much and I wasn’t too composed, though I was very audible. I rated myself 20% in the way I presented my answers. It is God that was directing the CO to concentrate on the areas I could talk about though I wasn’t afraid of any questions. The CO friendly mode and smiles also encouraged me to keep on talking. My advice for anyone going for the interview is that you should be yourself and make sure you can defend all your documents including what you fill on the forms submitted to KCC. God bless this house for the experiences that others shared for they made me to believe that the questions will be simple and what to expect. Those that wished me well, @HEAVEN, @LANREB that where enquiring about my success and my where-about God bless you all for your care and concern. Please, BOBBITO is a he single but not searching.

Congrats bro, praise be to the name of the Lord.

Congratulations to all successful winners and to all going for interviews this month and the coming months,you shall all find the favour of God IJN,AMEN.

WE shall all continue to testify to the goodness of GOD on this forum IJN,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the glory of God,myself and my wife will leave for USA in the early JULY.

we shall continue to remember everbody in prayers.

hello guy am current and my interview date is July 19th I need your prayers and your contribution do get back to me with how to get my documents and the things required

Passed out from a University or what? Well, they see inconsistencies and you normalize by explaining what happened.Try come back with some clearer grammar.

ferdiii, ferdiii, how many times i call u? lol if u be teacher u go wicked o, ur response some times is always too hard, person no go make mistake again?lolllllllllll

Congratulations to all successful winners and to all going for interviews this month and the coming months,you shall all find the favour of God IJN,AMEN.

WE shall all continue to testify to the goodness of GOD on this forum IJN,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the glory of God,myself and my wife will leave for USA in the early JULY.

we shall continue to remember everbody in prayers.

Mr. stonesanjay how far with ur plans?

Hello House;

how did ur friend get into the university without a result, that is the question they probably may ask ur friend, if he has a sincere answer then he is good to go. good luck to him.

to bibbito and lanreb I say a big CONGRATULATIONS, welcome on board
and also wishing those going for their interview this week a resounding success IJN.
@ kennyeast am kool oh just got my ssn today waiting for my wife's ssn.

that good thank God for progress, she will get it pretty soon.

Dear forumities,
I would love to know would be the best for me. Y'all know im studying Pharmacy in the Philippines before i finally had a successful interview...would it not be advisable to continue my studies in the Philippines then i can always travel to the US every 6months becos of the expensive education in the US?What would you suggest i do? cos my dad is really bent on me going to the US to continue my education rather than going back to the Philippines

i move in into the united state yesternite guys. its great to be among the elite. i pray that those that are still waiting will find the favour of God and they will get all their necessary papers in Jesus name. Amen.

Dear forumities,
I would love to know would be the best for me. Y'all know im studying Pharmacy in the Philippines before i finally had a successful interview...would it not be advisable to continue my studies in the Philippines then i can always travel to the US every 6months becos of the expensive education in the US?What would you suggest i do? cos my dad is really bent on me going to the US to continue my education rather than going back to the Philippines

the question here is wat year are u now

ferdiii, ferdiii, how many times i call u? lol if u be teacher u go wicked o, ur response some times is always too hard, person no go make mistake again?lolllllllllll

At least let it be the only thing that keeps our education going. How far? Any job position yet? These folks are not telling us anything.

Last edited by a moderator: