• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Congrats once more! Weren't you the UNILAG dude that abandoned your program for the Philippine (Pharmacy)? The Susan Ajakaiye name might be the person that will hand over your passport with stamped visa at Lekki location or a mistake from your Interviewer. They make mistakes oh! Last time a guy said after congratulating him and his wife, the Consular Officer handed over their passports which he made him to know it wasn't suppose to be so, you would have asked why that name. You can ask questions and especially when you are good to go.Excitement fit no allow u sha. I believe your Interviewer did take your passport.

Yes Ferdii...Am d guy in Philippine oo...Glory be to God,, Yes the interviewer collected my passport, i guess it was a mistake from the CO...Can i go with my ID to collect my visa myself? do i need to email them?I just want to know the best way to handle it cos im a bit bothered. Thank you Ferdii..hope to hear from you soon

Yes Ferdii...Am d guy in Philippine oo...Glory be to God,, Yes the interviewer collected my passport, i guess it was a mistake from the CO...Can i go with my ID to collect my visa myself? do i need to email them?I just want to know the best way to handle it cos im a bit bothered. Thank you Ferdii..hope to hear from you soon

Yeah, where did the CO get the Susan? Anyway, go with ur ID,N1,250 and even sometimes Lekki forget to collect the money. You're good to go. No worries!

@all, WOW WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!!!!
Guys i had a wonderful but swift successful interview today. for the sake of familiarity, let me summarize the intros.
so i got to the embassy around exactly 5:25am and saw people already there and they were like 7 in number. at almost around 7:00am, we were called to form a queue at the entrance and later went in. @ that time i was 6th in the queue but later due to some sort of rush i became the 11th person to pay my fees. the Immigrant processing group wasn't as fast as that of the non-immigrant ones but then gradually i realised i was the 5th or so person to be called to a window and i think that was so where around some few minutes to 11am,mine was window 6 were i meet this middle age nice looking man with glasses. this was what ensured.
CO: Goodmoring (initially though is was afternoon, lol)
Me: Goodmoring sir.
Co: can you sign the buttom of the document you sent to KCC?( DS-230 part I&II)
Me: i did
Co: have you ever been married?
Me: answered ( he started typing on his computer)
Co: have you ever had any children?
Me:.......................................
Co: i can see you have a certificate in teaching, how long did you teach( initially he was referring to my cert 'A' as a degree in teaching and so i had to correct him)
Me:............................................... .
Co: what level did you teach?
Me: ..................................
Co: Ok, i find you eligible for visa but you have to present your medicals then i will give you a date.
Me: Ok sir, thank you very much.
So he picked a yellow print out and wrote on it 6th july as my next appointment with him and that was it guys,
from the time on my phone after getting out, i realised it was a minute pass 11am and i realise either i lasted a minute with the CO even less.
My Biggest thanks goes to the Lord Almighty, who has perfected all that concerns us on this forum and to you everyone on, i say the blessing of our Lord God should be with you in all your endeavours. we shall all go the promised land to fulfill what the Good Lord has in stock for us.
To all yet to go for their interviews in the month and the upcoming months, the Lord will surely see you through and especially those on AP, continue to trust in the Lord and He shall direct your path, the Lord is in control.
Lanreb and bobbito the successful interview experience gates has been duly opened for June, so guys just go and claim what our Lord God has set for you come 8th and 9th.

Congrats! The Lord will perfect all that concerns u.

All about my interview ...After the normal routine and security check..I paid 819$ as usual..I did the signing and thumb-printing
And the following ensued btw d co and i
CO...How are u ?
Me...Fine and u?
CO...Have u been to any university in Nigeria
ME...Yes but i didnt complete my degree before traveling to Philippines
CO...Your highest qualification?
Me....O'level
CO.....Whats ur highest grade?
Me.....I said Chemistry
CO...What did you do in Chemistry
ME...Separation technique,acid ,base and salt,esterification,titration,organic and inorganic compds
CO...hmmmmm you are good
ME....Thank you
CO....ok ,, i am giving you visa today..then she brought out the white slip and said pick up ur visa on 16th of JUNE in lekki
ME...Thank you

GOD is great and we shall continue to see and hear good news in the house,,AMEN

Hallelujah!!! The Lord has done it, Congrats!

Thank you sunny..Should i email the US embassy on that or i should just go to vfs lekki with my ID? I am just a bit bothered anyway,,Tell me what u think is the best thing for me to do

@ Lanreb, you do not need to email them, just go to the Lekki address with the pick up slip that day. They made mistake in my own name too, though it was spelling error.

Thank you sunny..Should i email the US embassy on that or i should just go to vfs lekki with my ID? I am just a bit bothered anyway,,Tell me what u think is the best thing for me to do

You dont have any problem. The visa is yours and you are collecting it in person with a photo id. Even the pick-up slip will be returned to you. What they will ask u to do at vfs is to make photocopy of your id and you will be asked to write "one passport and one packet collectd by ........." on the copy of your id. You can call vfs to explain to them the mistake. Their no. is on the pick-up slip.

@ Lanreb.

My broda there's nothing to worry about since your lnt'l pss'pt is with them. What i think went wrong was maybe she by mistake took another person's pickup slip or so. Do u have ajakiaye in any of ur name? If no, then there's a mix up some where! But if yes, then it's a typing error! Which ever one there's nothing to worry about. Just relax and go there on the said date and just explain to the people that will give you the visa inside. Do not try to explain to people out side, e.g the security guards and so on. Cos they may not understand and will want to extort money from u or delay u. Just show them the slip if they ask, but don't explain anything to them. Gudluck and God bless!

The Ajakaye thing is a mistake by the co. It is your name or the one suggested by you that is suppose to be written. The important thing is for you to present a valid id at vfs lekki to identify you as the bonade owner of the visa since your pics appear on ur passport and visa.

She asked me that who will pick up the visa for me and i said i will pick it up myself not until i saw Susan Ajakaiye on it...Anyway God is in control

@ sunnysunny/ members

My bros u still dey nija? U have just less than 2 months to get into US! This should benefit not just u but others looking for a cheap flight. I just booked mine today at Wakanow.com, though not online i went to their office at Elegusi beach drive, ikate round about lekki. It is the 3rd round about, the next round about afterthe visa collection centre (Vfs) which is 2nd round about. You can google their website: wakanow.com and their hotline is toll free, 0800wakanow (08009252669) ur calls to this number is free. The lady that booked for me is Ngozi by name. I checked many travel agents both at ikeja and Tbs lagos where u have a lot of traveling agents, they are just too many there. But wakanow has the cheapest rate, with about a difference of 20k on the cheapest flight. Example: Royal air Maroc @ wakanow.com is 142.5k, but others agents is above 160k. Emirates @ wakanow.com is 153k+, while other agents is above 170k. I will advice u call the agents and compare their prices and then make your booking asap, cos airlines are already in their high season and flight fare keeps going up every day. I wanted to fly Qatar of which was 149k last week, but this week it was up above 180k bcos i did'nt book then. Am heading to New Jersey but the cheapest direct flight i get is above 200k, so i have to use Jfk New york cos it's cheaper for me. From Jfk to my final destination should not cost more than $100 for a cab, so i have to use that and will fly in less than 2weeks time God willing. Gudluck and God bless!

Congrats! So they still interview one without the medicals? I know they do but they rescheduled my pal to 23/07/2011.

thanks ferdiii, well i dont know whether it differs from one embassy or co to another. wishing your pal the best of interviews.

All about my interview ...After the normal routine and security check..I paid 819$ as usual..I did the signing and thumb-printing
And the following ensued btw d co and i
CO...How are u ?
Me...Fine and u?
CO...Have u been to any university in Nigeria
ME...Yes but i didnt complete my degree before traveling to Philippines
CO...Your highest qualification?
Me....O'level
CO.....Whats ur highest grade?
Me.....I said Chemistry
CO...What did you do in Chemistry
ME...Separation technique,acid ,base and salt,esterification,titration,organic and inorganic compds
CO...hmmmmm you are good
ME....Thank you
CO....ok ,, i am giving you visa today..then she brought out the white slip and said pick up ur visa on 16th of JUNE in lekki
ME...Thank you

GOD is great and we shall continue to see and hear good news in the house,,AMEN

Congrats bro, i told you yours will be simplier than mine, its the Lord's doing, glory be unto HIS Name.

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region

All DV Chargeability Areas
Except Those Listed Separately

Except
AFRICA

Ethiopia 32,400

ASIA

EUROPE

CURRENT

Uzbekistan UNAVAILABLE

NORTH AMERICA
(BAHAMAS)

CURRENT

OCEANIA

CURRENT

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN

CURRENT

congrats Lanreb

congrats Lanreb, im happy for you .
im glad to tell the house that im now in washington DC now. i flew qatar and came in 4 hours ago and it was a very smooth flight.