• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

Please I would like to avoid duplication of documents to save some coins. 1.Must I do NPC when I have original Birth Cert? 2.Must I go to WAEC Office, Yaba, when I have my original cert, print-out and scratch cards?

ferdii congratulations
am very happy for you
its great to have peeps like you on this forum
you need your NPC it the only recognised evidence of birth by the embassy, but make sure you don't laminate it when you get it ,[don't be bothered however if your other documents are laminated]
if you have your original waec certificate you don't need a scratch card . you might need a scratch card only if what you have is your school statement of result and your certificate is not ready.

@ FERDII, bros I hail o! how far the WES stuff u promised to fill me in on?

That dude was telling me yesterday, one of his mates is helping out instead.I no argue because Unijos transcript na die to get.But I will still ask him for details for u.He's my host and my person.So give me this weekend.Chill!

Dsp - 122 form

I have a problem with No 5 in the DSP-122 Form( Supplemental Registration for the Diveristy Immigration Visa Program)

The question is as follows

The country you listed as your native country on your diversity visa program application. In most cases, this will be the country where you were born. You may also claim the country of birth of your husband or wife. In addition, you may claim the country of birth of your parents, If neither of your parents lived in, or was born in, the country where you were born.

In the DV Lottery Application. I filled India as my birth place. But choose to be eligible as Nigeria. Since India is ineligible for DV Lottery. Please can you help out?? What country do i choose?? Should i claim the country of birth of my parents?? or use India??

Please Advise

CN 2012AF00011xx

Hi Lovechild,
Hope u are much better now? Are u in Boston now? becos i am a bit close to dat area.
Hope to hear from u. Cheers!

hi select,
I'm better now...and thanks for caring. am still in 9ja, hvnt travelld yet. my host was transfered to Canada by his company. so am trying to get a new host. meanwhile, how r u adapting to ur new environment? God shall settle u down speedily, and the American dream will locate u in no time! just stay motivated!! all the best.

That dude was telling me yesterday, one of his mates is helping out instead.I no argue because Unijos transcript na die to get.But I will still ask him for details for u.He's my host and my person.So give me this weekend.Chill!

ok, thanks

@ Lovechiid. It is beta late than neva! Congrats my broda! What God has done for us shall remain parmanent. Gudluck and God bless!

@ vicmac2. God will go before you and make every thing to work together for your good. Go and God will favour you IJMN! Gudluck and God bless!

For all of us going for interview this week and next week, may Almight God make our interview to be successful. Our stress will be our gain not our pain, God will give us altimatium wisdom and understand to pass our interview, success is ours. One love .

hello house, can anyone help with the address of National Population NPC in Lagos State, to enable me to get by birth certitifical processed, and, how long will it take to get it done

I have a problem with No 5 in the DSP-122 Form( Supplemental Registration for the Diveristy Immigration Visa Program)

The question is as follows

The country you listed as your native country on your diversity visa program application. In most cases, this will be the country where you were born. You may also claim the country of birth of your husband or wife. In addition, you may claim the country of birth of your parents, If neither of your parents lived in, or was born in, the country where you were born.

In the DV Lottery Application. I filled India as my birth place. But choose to be eligible as Nigeria. Since India is ineligible for DV Lottery. Please can you help out?? What country do i choose?? Should i claim the country of birth of my parents?? or use India??

Please Advise

CN 2012AF00011xx

India is ineligible so of course you can't use India. Your obvious choice is Nigeria, the country of birth of your parents. NOTE: You need to show prove of your parents place of birth when going for your interview.

hello house, can anyone help with the address of National Population NPC in Lagos State, to enable me to get by birth certitifical processed, and, how long will it take to get it done

Am in Jos. I just left their office in Jos now. If u are born before July 01,1988, please get the Statutory Age Declaration from a court and photocopy it, take the photocopy to their office in lagos. People who have gone there should give this guy the address or go to the 2010 forum to get it. They should charge you N2,000 only and if in the morning and everybody is in office, you should get it that day.They told me the Director isn't in and no power to do the typing, so I left till tomorrow but I collected the guy's cell not to be going and coming. Don't just have the time because am learning driving.

It is located on Babs Animashaun Street,Surulere( U can enter in thru Bode Thomas/Adeniran Ogunsanya strts) and d office is just beside d NYSC Secretariat.
U should get it within 3 days.

My Interview Experience

I want to thank God most immensely for a successful interview He granted me and my family.
We got to the embassy around 6.00am. Me, my husband and our 2yrs old daughter for 7.00am interview and by 6.30am we formed a queue for DV lottery. We were tagged DV10. My husband paid 819dollars for 3 of us, we were called by a Naija guy to submit documents and around 9.00am we were called at window 10 for interview by a white American guy.

CO: good morning
Me n Husband- ans
CO: You're here because you were selected for further processing in the DV lottery
Me: Yes
CO: pls raise up ur right hand n swear.
Me n Husband: ans
CO: Please place your hands on the finger print machine, i want to do biometrics for both of u, starting with my husband.
The CO gave us our DS230 forms to sign below the lines, and asked my husband to sit down with our baby
CO: What is ur highest level of education?
Me: ans
CO: What school did you graduate from?
CO: What year did u graduate?
CO: Where did u do ur youth service?
CO: Did u do any project?
CO: What is the topic?
CO: Tell me about Linear Programming Technique
CO: Did u use any form of computer application for the project?
CO: How did you get data for the research work?
CO: How many questioners did u distribute?
CO: Did u use any formulation to calculate the minimization problem?
CO: How is the Simplex method used?
CO: What is the courses u did in school?
CO: What is the difference between Project Management and Project Implementation?
CO: What job or work u re doing presently?
CO: When did u meet ur husband?
CO: How did u meet?
CO: When did you get married?
CO: What does ur husband do?
CO: Do u have any photo album?
CO: (Went through the photos) and asked if I have personal photos, I gave him my NYSC photos. He went through them and asked me to sit down and call my husband
My husband was asked how we meet, when we got married, when I went for youth service and where I served and what he does for a living.
CO: Please tell your wife to come over
He started typing on the computer, stood up and brought a white typed paper from printer and said go to the below address in a week to collect your visa
CO: Congratulations.
Please do not make any travel plans until you collect your visas.
Me: Thanks

That was it! I want to say a big thank you to all that have contributed in one way or the other in this forum to make it what it is. Indeed, the information and direction I got here got me equipped before going for the interview. Knowledge is Power!

Thanks once again!

Last edited by a moderator:
hello house, so sorry for the wrong date i provided in my older post, i applied for the lottery on 5th october, 2010
another problem im having is that do i need to get the certificicate from the university where i schooled or notification of
result is alright?

thank you

@ vicmac2. God indeed is great, and does great things! My sista We thank God for ur success! Congrats and gudluck in ur preparations to obama land.

I want to thank God most immensely for a successful interview He granted me and my family.
We got to the embassy around 6.00am. Me, my husband and our 2yrs old daughter for 7.00am interview and by 6.30am we formed a queue for DV lottery. We were tagged DV10. My husband paid 819dollars for 3 of us, we were called by a Naija guy to submit documents and around 9.00am we were called at window 10 for interview by a white American guy.

CO: good morning
Me n Husband- ans
CO: You're here because you were selected for further processing in the DV lottery
Me: Yes
CO: pls raise up ur right hand n swear.
Me n Husband: ans
CO: Please place your hands on the finger print machine, i want to do biometrics for both of u, starting with my husband.
The CO gave us our DS230 forms to sign below the lines, and asked my husband to sit down with our baby
CO: What is ur highest level of education?
CO: What school did you graduate from?
CO: What year did u graduate?
CO: Where did u do ur youth service?
CO: Did u do any project?
CO: What is the topic?
CO: Tell me about Linear Programming Technique
CO: Did u use any form of computer application for the project?
CO: How did you get data for the research work?
CO: How many questioners did u distribute?
CO: Did u use any formulation to calculate the minimization problem?
CO: How is the Simplex method used?
CO: What is the courses u did in school?
CO: What is the difference between Project Management and Project Implementation?
CO: What job or work u re doing presently?
CO: When did u meet ur husband?
CO: How did u meet?
CO: When did you get married?
CO: What does ur husband do?
CO: Do u have any photo album?
CO: (Went through the photos) and asked if I have personal photos, I gave him my NYSC photos. He went through them and asked me to sit down and call my husband
My husband was asked how we meet, when we got married, when I went for youth service and where I served and what he does for a living.
CO: Please tell your wife to come over
He started typing on the computer, stood up and brought a white typed paper from printer and said go to the below address in a week to collect your visa
CO: Congratulations.
Please do not make any travel plans until you collect your visas.
Me: Thanks

That was it! I want to say a big thank you to all that have contributed in one way or the other in this forum to make it what it is. Indeed, the information and direction I got here got me equipped before going for the interview. Knowledge is Power!

Thanks once again!

congrats my sister, God has done it 4 u, may His name be praise, congratss.