• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

Dear ALL,to the glory of God and shame of the Devil,I have collected OUR Passports with VISAS on them today .

I really appreciate what God has brought to fulfillment,may his only name be glorified forever and evermore,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decree that favour of God shall fall upon those going for interviews this month and the coming months in Jesus name,AMEN.

We shall continue to celebrate on this forum in Jesus name,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

PRAISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE GOD EVERYBODY IN THE HOUSE FOR OUR GOD IS GOOD AND EVER FAITHFUL ALL THE TIME.

WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited to come across this wonderful forum,
you guys are doing a great job here. Thumb up.
I friend of mine won the lottery 2011,
pls i have some questions to ask this honourable house
and they are as follows;
1, he applied for student visa sometimes in 2007 and was denied
as a result of not having sat and toefl then
and the question is can he mention it to the co
that he has been denied a visa before?
2, the age on his passport is different on the nl can he proceed
to the embassy with that?
3, once you have confirmation notification during lottery
period does that means your photo specification
requirement is correct cos i was made to understand
that some forms are not selected as a result
of these aside from double entry.
Urgent reponse is needed from the house (kennyeast, stonejay, amanor).

1.EVEN IF HE DID NOT MENTION IT,THE CO WILL DEFINITELY ASK HIM.To be on the save side,he should mention it to the CO.

2.As per the age,he should just be consistent with the age he used when applying for the DV online.

3.Yes.If your photo specification is not the required one,the system will reject it while applying online.

NOTE:The most important thing is to be faithful and say the truth when u go for interview cos if u tell lies they will definitely know.Concerning the last student application that was rejected,they already have the information on their system so dnt tell lies plssssssssssssssss.

Wishing u best of luck in your pursuit.

We shall ALL succeed on this forum in Jesus name,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never head of this b4, so wats up wit u?

Hi Kennyeast I'm good, thank God, just waiting to see if I was successful this year. I know you must be so busy trying to tie up loose ends before migrating...congratulations again. Please don't leave the forum after migrating, you have been such a great support for a lot of us here.

I heard it and do not know what happened since. Even Last year, someone requested I play with that country for him because fewer people apply from there. I think just 4 got it from Seychelles in the 2011 edition.But I think u have to acquire that country's nationality first before approaching the US Embassy there if you won oh.

people are taking great risks by intentionally choosing a country they were not born in. If they win how can they show that they born there? that's just crazy.
I believe the person on this board had made a genuine mistake in choosing their country on the edv form.

Thanks

1.EVEN IF HE DID NOT MENTION IT,THE CO WILL DEFINITELY ASK HIM.To be on the save side,he should mention it to the CO.

2.As per the age,he should just be consistent with the age he used when applying for the DV online.

3.Yes.If your photo specification is not the required one,the system will reject it while applying online.

NOTE:The most important thing is to be faithful and say the truth when u go for interview cos if u tell lies they will definitely know.Concerning the last student application that was rejected,they already have the information on their system so dnt tell lies plssssssssssssssss.

Wishing u best of luck in your pursuit.

We shall ALL succeed on this forum in Jesus name,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Mr stonejay, you are really helping the helpless may God be with you and your family
as you about to migrate to the United State of the World.
The advise you gave was concise.
Thanks once again.
Pls inbox me ur yahoo id to chat privately.

hello my ppl,
please how many
days will it cost me
to finish my med and
police stuff and
npc stuff?and how
much are they?thanks

Congrats to stonesanjay on ur visa pickup. God indeed is faithful! He started this journey with us since 2009 and here we are in 2011, yet God has continued with us. If i have not gotten my 1nl i might not even have remembered that i played visa lottery, the confirmation page was mistakely deleted from inbox and no printout. But as God will have it i wrote down the confirmation number on my phone, but forgot about the lottery until i got the nl which came to me late. But it is better late than never!! The bottom line of my story is that, it is God that has brought me and all of us on this forum this far, and wil not abandone us mid way. God asked a question in Isaiah 49:15, He said 'can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? He went further to answer that, yea, they may forget, yet will he not forget us'. God is awesome! We thank him for all the miracles he has done for us in this forum and what He's still doing for us. We sincerely appreciate Him, thank You Lord!!!

hello Kennyeast
During your interview did you provide any employment letter from your work place? or any prove of employment...

@ samakinyemi. My broda what happened? Well God knows the best. I believe He has something bigger and better for you and your family. Just prayerfully watch out for God's plan for your family.

the visa was denied, i will post our experience here later.
Thanks, one loves

my God, wat went wrong? Its a pitty my brother, i want to salute ur courage, its not easy coming back to the forum after being denied. Pls know dat God is still God and His ways are not our ways, His plans are better than our's. The almight God will be wit u. Amen.

the visa was denied, i will post our experience here later.
Thanks, one loves

What a pity! Please hold urself and ur family dear.I believe u can still muster the extra courage to tell would-be interview-goers and future folks all that happened to help them do better and claim their visas.Thank you and God's favor in future.

Successful interview

Dear forum members, please help me thank God for he has once again proved that he is indeed a gracious God. Lord to you be all the glory.
First and foremost, I thank God for directing my path to this great forum in may last year shortly after we got our first notification letter. Am saying this, because this forum has been a great source of information for me.
Secondly I want to specially thank all those who have in one way or the other contributed to the growth and success of this great forum especially Kennyeast, who started this new thread almost immediately after the old one started by Adediran was deleted. I appreciate you all.
My husband and I had a successful interview yesterday the 24th of march,all to the glory of God. Our interview went thus:

Me: good morning
Co: good morning
Co: whose child are you carrying?
Me: he is my son
Co: so why did you pay for two people?
Me: answered
Co: do you have a US passport for him?
Me: yes, brought it out and handed it to him
Co: took a proper look at it, looked at the forms we filled and sent to kcc, said fine and gave it back to me
Co: do you have his birth certificate?
Me: yes, and gave it to him
Co: also looked at it, said OK,fine and asked my husband to carry the baby and go and sit down.
Co:what is your highest level of education?
Co: which law school did you graduate from and what year?
Co: how long were you there?
Co: what year did you graduate from the university?
Co: did you write a project in your final year?
Me : answered
Co:what was the topic?
Co: OK, can you enlighten me on what that is about?
Me: yes, and started explaining to him
Co: OK, good.
Co: please tell me some of the courses you did in school
Me: started naming some of them
Co: picked two of the courses(ie the law of evidence and civil procedure law and asked me to tell him about them)
Me: talked about both of them in brief
Co: ok
Co:did you do nysc?
Co:what are you presently doing?
Me:answered
Co: do you have documents from your place of work?
Co: what area of practice are you into?
Co: do you prosecute?
Co: what recent case have you handled?
Co: tell me about it,and how did it go?
Co: hmmmmm.......interesting
Co: what year did you meet your husband and how?
Co:what year did you guys get married?
Co:OK, do you have pictures?
Me: yes,and brought out our wedding album
Co: OK, please can you flip through the pages?
Me: sure, and started turning page after page?
Co: you guys are from different parts of the country and have different tradition
Me: yes,
Co: did you guys have any problem with your parents accepting that(smiling)
Me: smiled and said no, not at all.
Co: OK, pointed at some pictures and asked, who is this and who is that?
Co: do you have more pictures?
Me: yes,and tried sorting them out, but could not find them
Me: please can I call my husband to help me get the pictures because he actually put all the documents together
Co: yes,sure
Me: my husband came, brought an envelope containing pictures of our courtship, child dedication and some other pictures and I handed them over to him
Co: looking at my call to bar pictures, what was the occasion?
Co: pointed at some people and asked my husband who they were?
My husband: her friends
Co: OK good.
Co: so where and where in the US have you visited?
Co: brought out a particular picture I took during one of my visits,where is this?
Me: New york
Co: OK, who lives there?
Me: My elder brother use to when he was doing his residency
Co: he is a medical doctor?
Me: yes
Co: so when was the last time you went to the US?
Co: when did you come back:
Co: where is your old passport where you have all your visas and travel history?
ME: brought out my old passport and handed it over to him
Co: OK, this has not expired,so why did you get a new passport?
Me:the old passport is in my maiden name because I had it before marriage, but I entered for and got selected for the DV in my husbands name.
Co: OK
Co: so did you travel with your husband?
Me: no, he joined me in December, but we both came back in February.
Co: which state did you have your son?
Me: Houston
Co: who lives there?
Me: my husbands cousin
Co: OK, good
Co: your visas will be ready in a weeks time, who is going to pick it?
Me: my husband
Co: gave us the pick up slip, smiled and said you have a good day
We: you too.

IT WAS A VERY DETAILED INTERVIEW. LORD TO YOU BE ALL THE GLORY.

My prayer for all those yet to go for their interviews is that the good lord will see you through and perfect that which he has started, but please make sure you are well prepared when going for your interview, because those guys are well trained to do their jobs. You have to prove to them that you are worth your salt, so be prepared to defend your qualification.
I really do not know what went wrong yesterday, because a lot of people in the DV category were denied visas and in my heart after we left, I prayed and hoped SAMAKINYEMI not to be one of them,but I was shocked when I saw his post this morning. Its unfortunate, but my brother God knows best. Please wait on the lord and he will renew your strength for greater exploits.
Thank you all,and God bless

Dear forum members, please help me thank God for he has once again proved that he is indeed a gracious God. Lord to you be all the glory.
First and foremost, I thank God for directing my path to this great forum in may last year shortly after we got our first notification letter. Am saying this, because this forum has been a great source of information for me.
Secondly I want to specially thank all those who have in one way or the other contributed to the growth and success of this great forum especially Kennyeast, who started this new thread almost immediately after the old one started by Adediran was deleted. I appreciate you all.
My husband and I had a successful interview yesterday the 24th of march,all to the glory of God. Our interview went thus:

Co: took a proper look at it, looked at the forms we filled and sent to kcc, said fine and gave it back to me
Co: also looked at it, said OK,fine and asked my husband to carry the baby and go and sit down.
Co: picked two of the courses(ie the law of evidence and civil procedure law and asked me to tell him about them)
Co: you guys are from different parts of the country and have different tradition
Me: please can I call my husband to help me get the pictures because he actually put all the documents together
Me: my husband came, brought an envelope containing pictures of our courtship, child dedication and some other pictures and I handed them over to him
Co: brought out a particular picture I took during one of my visits,where is this?
Co: where is your old passport where you have all your visas and travel history?
Me:the old passport is in my maiden name because I had it before marriage, but I entered for and got selected for the DV in my husbands name.

My prayer for all those yet to go for their interviews is that the good lord will see you through and perfect that which he has started, but please make sure you are well prepared when going for your interview, because those guys are well trained to do their jobs. You have to prove to them that you are worth your salt, so be prepared to defend your qualification.
I really do not know what went wrong yesterday, because a lot of people in the DV category were denied visas and in my heart after we left, I prayed and hoped SAMAKINYEMI not to be one of them,but I was shocked when I saw his post this morning. Its unfortunate, but my brother God knows best. Please wait on the lord and he will renew your strength for greater exploits.

Our God is really gracious....Congrats to you and ur husband!

@ samakinyemi, believe it that it is not the end of the world nor good things to come ur family way. God have a better plan that will unfold for u and ur family.

Pls house, what and what will i need to go with for the medicals and police report.

Congrats!