• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

This is good info sunny.....

Visa Denial – Points to note

The joy that follows when one is selected for further processing in the visa lottery is heartwarming and uplifting. To be confronted with visa denial on the day of the interview is devastating especially when one’s immediate hope is hinged on the fact that sooner than later one will be living permanently in the US. Loss of financial resources compounds the woes (if woes really).

My sympathy goes to those who were denied.

While we cannot achieve anything without God, it is important not to take things for granted.
We have to realize that it is not the responsibility of the consular officer to make you eligible for visa issuance. It is the applicant’s job to do so.
The moment you are scheduled for interview, a visa number has been allocated to you, in other words a visa has been potentially given to you. Every visa applicant is presumed an immigrant until you prove yourself otherwise.

Cos are not allowed to use personal reason/discretion to deny/issue visa. It has to based on geuine reason(s).

It is important to note the following:

• There are standards for educational qualification and job experience which will make you qualify to obtain a visa.
Failure to meet any of these requirements will simply lead to visa denial.
• Presenting fraudulent documents will result in visa denial. The Cos know that fraudulent documents are easily come by
in this country.
• Presenting genuine documents with fraudulent information, e.g birth cert. If your birth cert shows 20yrs and your
outlook suggests 40yrs, you have inadvertently shot yourself in the leg.
• Presenting educational cert. for which exam you did not sit for yourself. This is more reason academic questions are
asked during the interview.
• Failure to pass medical examination.
• Failure to follow instructions when filling your forms.
• Fake marriages.
• Not fully informed about the dv procedures.

Some folks who were denied visa already know the challenges to be faced at the interview but chose to ignore them with the assumption that anything can happen.

Trial and error dont give visa, authentic evidence do.

I wish everybody best of luck.

A little word of advice

Pls for those of u going for ur interview, if u know u wrote the address, name and phone number of ur host, make sure u are in good talking term with him/her, be sure u can trust him/her, cos ur host can cause u ur visa. why am i saying this, after my interview, my host who happen to be my room mate in school back in Nigeria, told me that he was called like a week to my interview, to know if he has good credit, they wanted to know if he has money and comfortable, he told told them that he has enough money in his account and they also confirmed that themselves. now, what if he told them that he is just managing and leaves in one room apartment, and that he will just try and manage the one room with me, especially when they know i wasn't working in Nigeria? This might not be true but i know it could lead to visa denial without telling u the reason so that it will not be as if they are reporting ur host to u. just try to be sure of ur host. God bless us all.

Ken that is a good advice. How far with the weather thing over there, hope it's not getting to ur end? Cos i can see that the tunderstorm touched down on Illinois, texas and some other state. God will keep His people safe! Take care.

Thanks

hey bros, how d going? wish u well man.

My Man, i dey alright. I still remain as full member on this forum, apart from denied my woman visa that doesn't mean I'll not will a visa lottery, i used to play every year since 2003 who knows may be this year is my year. This forum has made many things cleared to me on DV and other things. So ABEY11, his expectation high.

My Man, i dey alright. I still remain as full member on this forum, apart from denied my woman visa that doesn't mean I'll not will a visa lottery, i used to play every year since 2003 who knows may be this year is my year. This forum has made many things cleared to me on DV and other things. So ABEY11, his expectation high.

good to hear this man, stay bless

Ken that is a good advice. How far with the weather thing over there, hope it's not getting to ur end? Cos i can see that the tunderstorm touched down on Illinois, texas and some other state. God will keep His people safe! Take care.

thanks bro, i'm fine, the weather is ok here, we thank God. how is ur plans?

@abbey11

I believe in God, prophets, last day of judgement and destiny. And you is like you believe in God but you don't believe in destiny. Been denied visa today doesn't mean i can not be issue visa tomorrow. Why don't you make correction to this prayer b4 d interview. Moreover you don't know d reason why they denied the visa, anyway i don't blame you! ABEY11 will never be a failure and I'v ever been failed. Everything in this life is by time and i believe my time will never pass me. I should rathers post my interview xprex instead of this.

Abbey11,
i am very sorry to tell you what you wouldn't want to hear this time. But remember that even 10million persons send you a condolence msgs to console you, without trying to search to know where the problem is, one may ignorantly repeat the same mistake. Almost everyone in this great forum will say at the end ("IJN") "IN JESUS NAME" whether Christian or Muslim even Mr. Kennyeast the perfect director of this great forum.. Meawhile, I never mean to hurt you, its just I am not happy you lost this opportunity.

Abbey11,
i am very sorry to tell you what you wouldn't want to hear this time. But remember that even 10million persons send you a condolence msgs to console you, without trying to search to know where the problem is, one may ignorantly repeat the same mistake. Almost everyone in this great forum will say at the end ("IJN") "IN JESUS NAME" whether Christian or Muslim even Mr. Kennyeast the perfect director of this great forum.. Meawhile, I never mean to hurt you, its just I am not happy you lost this opportunity.

as sad as it may seem, he still have a gr8 opportunity ahead of him, he's got God so he's got hope.