• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

Could you explain more about your wife's educational qualifications - I mean certificates and grades. With this we can advice accordingly. All is not lost.

Abbey,

The good Lord will definitely see through and percfect all that concerns you and your household.

Ammeck09,

Please Is it advisable to go with INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE before one travel?

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello House,
My 2nd notification letter shows that my interview date is on the 25th of May, but i received a call last week from US Embassy in Lagos that my interview date has been rescheduled to 9th of June and they also confirmed it when i emailed them..Do i need to go on the 25th of May or i should wait till 9th of June? Please i hope to hear from the house soon.. Thank you and i know God will continue to bless us with VISA in this forum ...Amen

Still ring the Embassy to reconfirm for the third time and means.I believe your interview is on June 9th. The Embassy superimposes KCC at this stage.

Hello House,
My 2nd notification letter shows that my interview date is on the 25th of May, but i received a call last week from US Embassy in Lagos that my interview date has been rescheduled to 9th of June and they also confirmed it when i emailed them..Do i need to go on the 25th of May or i should wait till 9th of June? Please i hope to hear from the house soon.. Thank you and i know God will continue to bless us with VISA in this forum ...Amen

Go on the day and time KCC has given to you. Don't take any risk.

Abbey,

The good Lord will definitely see through and percfect all that concerns you and your household.

Ammeck09,

Please Is it advisable to go with INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE before one travel?

Regards.

Yea, it's good to go with an international driver's license since most states will allow you to drive for about 60-90 days before you can their own.

Hello house, it's my first time here :)) glad to find such forum where my Naija pple meet! Ok, i applied for the 2012 lottery that the result was cancelled the first time, i didn't win then though, but i'm very optimistic that i will be among the selectees come July 15 :))! As this is my first time here, i hope to tap into u guys joy as I have been reading a lot of success stories here, and can't wait for pple to read mine :)))

P.S: I have a question, is ordinary WAEC print out and scratch card enough or do one need to provide the original certificate from WAEC office?

GOD WILL SUPPLY ALL OUR NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY BY CHRIST JESUS!

@ stonesanjay. Yes i think it should be wise to go with International Driver's license, cos my host in the US asked me to come with one. I have called 2 road safety guyz to compare and they both gave the same figure. It is obtained for 4k, 2 passport photo, name, state of origin and country of birth or so. These are what is needed by road safety for the issuance of International driver's license, according to the road safety guyz. Gudluck and God bless!

@ abey1. God will not abandon u if u have not abandoned Him urself. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. 7something better is on it's way! Gudluck and God bless!

Hello house, it's my first time here :)) glad to find such forum where my Naija pple meet! Ok, i applied for the 2012 lottery that the result was cancelled the first time, i didn't win then though, but i'm very optimistic that i will be among the selectees come July 15 :))! As this is my first time here, i hope to tap into u guys joy as I have been reading a lot of success stories here, and can't wait for pple to read mine :)))

P.S: I have a question, is ordinary WAEC print out and scratch card enough or do one need to provide the original certificate from WAEC office?

It's better u get the original certificate from the WAEC office.

Congratulations KENNYEAST.

The good Lord shall continue to be with you in all you do in USA.

(1) Did you go with INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE before you traveled?

Enjoy your stay and kind regards to all.

Thank u bros, i did not come with an international driving license, i came with nigeria's. according to the illinois Rules of the Road manual, i got from the secretary of state, states ''If u have permanently moved to Illinois from another state or country,ur non-Illinois license is valid for 90days. u must obtain an Illinois within that 90days period or when the driver's license expires, whichever comes first'' so u can use ur valid nigeria's driver license for that period.

Jus had the most succesful interview ever abt 45mins ago.

Got to the embassy by 6am and was the third person to arrived, By 7am they were already abt 30 persons at the embassy premises; at abt 7; 15 am the security guards asked us to form a queue which i was the first person to jumb infront (hehehe gd sign); We then went thru all the neccesary security checks and we all where sent to the interview hall. I was issued a white ticket lebled No one. Imediately after that i paid my fees in USD. 8mins letter i was called to submit my docs. Then at 7: 30am on the dot i was called by the CO. vry beautiful young lady with blue eyes....*
CO: Good morning (smiling like my girl friend)
Me: Good morn Maam.
CO: U are here for dv bla bal.......
Me: OK.
CO: Please i will like to comfirm ur finger print..
Me: Did the finger print again.
CO: she stated looking thru my docs and nodding her head, Your highest qualification is......
Me: Yea
CO: What course did u study
Me: Electrical engineering
CO: OK nodding her head.
CO: I can see u job as....... Whats the name of the company.
Me: EDGE...
CO: Location..
Me: ......Answer
Co: Do u intend to continue with this proffession in USA
Me: Yes for sure, but with the US corps of engineer. The CO smiled and said Her father used to be in the NEVY, i was happy.........
Then the CO started typing and letter took a yellow sheet of paper filled it and gave it to me, CONGRATULATIONS. It was a pick up latter......To be collected in 2 days time it 26th...

This forum na baba. Thanks to this noble forum i was the one advising some few naive pple...hehehe
GOD NA GRAND.....He is allive...............

Thank God, congratulations my friend, u'll continue to break records in Jesus name.

Visa Denial – Points to note

The joy that follows when one is selected for further processing in the visa lottery is heartwarming and uplifting. To be confronted with visa denial on the day of the interview is devastating especially when one’s immediate hope is hinged on the fact that sooner than later one will be living permanently in the US. Loss of financial resources compounds the woes (if woes really).

My sympathy goes to those who were denied.

While we cannot achieve anything without God, it is important not to take things for granted.
We have to realize that it is not the responsibility of the consular officer to make you eligible for visa issuance. It is the applicant’s job to do so.
The moment you are scheduled for interview, a visa number has been allocated to you, in other words a visa has been potentially given to you. Every visa applicant is presumed an immigrant until you prove yourself otherwise.

Cos are not allowed to use personal reason/discretion to deny/issue visa. It has to based on geuine reason(s).

It is important to note the following:

• There are standards for educational qualification and job experience which will make you qualify to obtain a visa.
Failure to meet any of these requirements will simply lead to visa denial.
• Presenting fraudulent documents will result in visa denial. The Cos know that fraudulent documents are easily come by
in this country.
• Presenting genuine documents with fraudulent information, e.g birth cert. If your birth cert shows 20yrs and your
outlook suggests 40yrs, you have inadvertently shot yourself in the leg.
• Presenting educational cert. for which exam you did not sit for yourself. This is more reason academic questions are
asked during the interview.
• Failure to pass medical examination.
• Failure to follow instructions when filling your forms.
• Fake marriages.
• Not fully informed about the dv procedures.

Some folks who were denied visa already know the challenges to be faced at the interview but chose to ignore them with the assumption that anything can happen.

Trial and error dont give visa, authentic evidence do.

I wish everybody best of luck.

The joy that follows when one is selected for further processing in the visa lottery is heartwarming and uplifting. To be confronted with visa denial on the day of the interview is devastating especially when one’s immediate hope is hinged on the fact that sooner than later one will be living permanently in the US. Loss of financial resources compounds the woes (if woes really).

While we cannot achieve anything without God, it is important not to take things for granted.
We have to realize that it is not the responsibility of the consular officer to make you eligible for visa issuance. It is the applicant’s job to do so.
The moment you are scheduled for interview, a visa number has been allocated to you, in other words a visa has been potentially given to you. Every visa applicant is presumed an immigrant until you prove yourself otherwise.

Cos are not allowed to use personal reason/discretion to deny/issue visa. It has to based on geuine reason(s).

• There are standards for educational qualification and job experience which will make you qualify to obtain a visa.
• Presenting fraudulent documents will result in visa denial. The Cos know that fraudulent documents are easily come by
in this country.
• Presenting genuine documents with fraudulent information, e.g birth cert. If your birth cert shows 20yrs and your
• Presenting educational cert. for which exam you did not sit for yourself. This is more reason academic questions are
• Fake marriages.

Some folks who were denied visa already know the challenges to be faced at the interview but chose to ignore them with the assumption that anything can happen.

if u don't have it u can go with the print out n a scratch card, but if u can get the certificate better, i used the print out n a scratch card for my interview, the did not ask me any question about it, but na God oo.

in this country.
• Fake marriages.

hhmmmmmm! i'm learning, if u notice in most of my wishes to those going for their interview, i always say u must do ur best, by asking questions here no matter how embarrassing it is, just say it we are one family here, if u intend to use fraudulent doc, no matter how real u've tried to make it look, still share it here, 2 heads they say are better than 1. now when u have everything right and know u answered all questions asked very well and still get denied, i'll advice u ask the co at dat point to tell u why u are being denied, don't mind raising ur voice(if u are very sure of urself), he should be able to tell u wat went wrong. its not easy to handle the feelings of being denied after all the stress and expenses, it could be understandable if the fault is from u. pls lets be open. Good luck to everyone of us.

@kennyeast congrats,that was fast o!,does it mean there are few of us that chose chicago or it is GOD just continuing what he started.