• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

No nid to worry becks you will be current in June 2011....relax

Africa will move fast after the third quater. Always things pick up fast in the 3rd and 4th quater. So dont be worrried.

Trixsam, when are you hitting the road? Or have you landed in US already?

Im landing in January.

Kwako Becks, Hamna haja kujali sote twangoja kwa hamu.yeyote na habari njema?????tunahamu kusikia habari njema.

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: NOT YET
Interview Confirmed: NOT YET
Police cert:
2nd NL:
Medicals:

hi!! evry1

am glad to b in this forum very encouragin we should continue like that evn after travelin am also a selectee n jst receivd my 2nl.goin for medical this wik any advice concernin wil be helpful thank u al oliseh, mjamaa and alforum members waitin for 2nd nl don wory it wil come doesnt matter erors made.my interview is in nov.

am glad to b in this forum very encouragin we should continue like that evn after travelin am also a selectee n jst receivd my 2nl.goin for medical this wik any advice concernin wil be helpful thank u al oliseh, mjamaa and alforum members waitin for 2nd nl don wory it wil come doesnt matter erors made.my interview is in nov.

Hey Magkin, Welcome to the forum. Trixsam gave interesting advice on medicals: if you're asked whether you've had chicken pox, say yes. Saves you 4500. Don't forget to call IOM to book an appointment beforehand, though they'll still accept a walk-in sometimes. It saves you time. I'd also called them a while back and it seems the minimum charge has gone up, so you might want to give them a call before you show up to know how much to carry. All the best in your preparations.

By the way, we've been wondering what the 2nd NL looks like can you let us know what the contents are? What details does it have?

At long last we hav someone from the house with an interview coming soon. Magkin wish u success in advance, prepare thoroughly as we await ua testimony of victory come next month. I am as curious as Njugunuts, what are the contents of the 2nd NL. Pliz let us know tujue, tujipange mapema.

hi all.am a dv 2011 selectly.my case number is af2011****41**.cann sonebody help me find when i be called for the interview.plus ,sholud my passport be valld for 6 months before the day the interview.coz it is not,am worreid .pliz what adress shold i use to conform if they received my documents

hi all.am a dv 2011 selectly.my case number is af2011****41**.cann sonebody help me find when i be called for the interview.plus ,sholud my passport be valld for 6 months before the day the interview.coz it is not,am worreid .pliz what adress shold i use to conform if they received my documents

Hi Sue, Please reconfirm your CN and edit it for proper advice on the way forward. If there is no zero before the 41**, then it means you are current and advice will follow. However, if there is a number before the 4, please edit it so we can know what to suggest.

Kihu sue 111,
Your case number is still not correct. It must be either 2011AF000041**(with 4 zeros) or 2011AF00041***. Please post it again and it will be easier for others to sugest comments.

2011af00041**.thats my number
nl 26 aprill 2010
ist nl rec 16th may
form sent to poster 1st june 2010

As Labora2 has said, ensure your CN has a total of 14 digits. I'll answer assuming that the extra (missing) digit is a zero before the 41**. If it is after the 41**, simply email KCC at the email address below.

So now to answer your questions:
1. Usually to confirm if your documents were received, you email KCC at KCCDV@state.gov. They usually reply in 2-4 days. However, your CN is very low which means that you were probably scheduled for an interview in October seeing as you sent your forms in time, and you were current in October. I would suggest you give KCC a call on +16065267500, because then you can get an immediate response on the state of your case. Working hours are 0900hrs to 1500hrs and they are 7 hours behind us.
2. Yes, you need a passport that's valid for at least 6 months. Also, new passport rules for Kenya are that you personally have to come and renew your passport so I suggest you get a renewal if yours is almost expiring. This will save you having to come back here to renew it personally.

You need to do all this ASAP because if you miss your October interview, you may have to get them to reschedule and this could mean next year.
A couple of other suggestions:

1. After you get off the phone with KCC (I cannot stress how important this is), go to the right hand of this page> Settings> Under My Settings Tab> Edit Signature and insert your details.
2. Please read this forum from the first post till now, it'll answer 90% of your questions. Also read these threads as well for more exposure:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?298005-dv-2010-winners-from-kenya
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312661-DV-2011-Lottery-Winners-From-Ghana-Meet-Here
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?297398-DV-2010-Winners-from-Ghana

Lastly, update the house once you get off the phone with KCC. All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
mamaizoo.lpiz tell me how to confirm if they recieved my documents.

Kihu Sue 111,

You email KCC thru email address KCCDV@state.gov Indicate your name in full, your case number also in full, and your date of birth in this format MM/DD/YYYY. The duration from the time u email them to the time they reply varies. In case they take long to reply (lets say after one week they have not replied) u can email them again.

Africa will move fast after the third quater. Always things pick up fast in the 3rd and 4th quater. So dont be worrried.

Trixsam, when are you hitting the road? Or have you landed in US already?

Im landing in January.

Hey Oliseh Im traveling Last week of Jan 2011 no big hurry n sorting thing out first......Hope it will be a low season so as to get cheaper ticketz

hi

it is two printed pages showing date, time for interview, how to contact kcc,your case no, name and to read instruction 4 on dv selectee website.am doin medical in mombasa coz its near is it a must IOM?plz advice.

it is two printed pages showing date, time for interview, how to contact kcc,your case no, name and to read instruction 4 on dv selectee website.am doin medical in mombasa coz its near is it a must IOM?plz advice.

You can do them in Mombasa, its not a problem.

Dr. C. B. Patel
City House, Moi Ave.
Mombasa Medical Practice
P. O. Box 80681
Mombasa, Kenya
Tel 041-2222857/8

Carry with you: Valid Passport, Appointment letter and case number from KCC, Two recent and color passport size photos (US Dimensions)

Mggkin. you are very much welcome to the forum.
We wish you the best as it seems you are the first one in the house to book for the interview appointment. We are also mombasa people, and just as ngugunut puts it, you can visit Dr. C.P Patel,City House- Moi Avenue for advice on medical requirements. Remember November is next month. Hope all documents are ready. Also remember to post us your interview experience when you are through, for some of us the waiting will be too long,, but just us Bennite always puts it...."happy are them that wait upon the Lord ........'
Trixsam and Oliseh when your day of leaving finally reaches, please tell the house so that we can put you in our prayers. God bless the forumist!

kihu-sue-111

welcome. Karibu, to the family.you've been advised adequately and competently by the house.follow the advice religiously, you'l arrive without hassle in the US.
members, thanks for taking care of newcomers so warmly.

Hi everyone,

Nsiah7 from the Ghanian thread had a successful interview yesterday. As long as u r prepared and your documents are in order, its pretty easy to sail thru the interview. Also, i wud encourage evryone to keep visiting the Ghanian thread, Its quite resourceful.