• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Oliseh thanks for being there for us in the forum.
I will try and get all the necessary documents. My problem is just an affidavit suport form.
I have few friends and relatives in the USA, they are willing to write me a letter that they will be there for me, but an affidavit, No! So l think that is what lam going to have beside the other things.
Iam travelling to Buffalo-usa in December to be the best maid in my best friends wedding, will come back after three weeks,.
when I went for the visa interview, the lady actually asked me,....did you apply for DV, and did you win.
I answered yes. then she asked me to prove that l will actually come back, I convince her,and I got a one year visa. So by the time l will be current, I might still be in possesion of a current non-immigant visa. Can this affect my process?

Magik
I wish you success in you interview. I guess you are current in November. Have you received your 2NL? What about the nmedicals?Please put all the necessary documents in order and then go in power and the blessings of God.

yes I received the nl even posted wat it contains in the forum.I'v done the medical n vaccinations got sponsors E-mail I hav printed it n compiled it to my documents.
To bennit, thank u so much for the courage.wish u gud in ur wait.

Oliseh thanks for being there for us in the forum.
I will try and get all the necessary documents. My problem is just an affidavit suport form.
I have few friends and relatives in the USA, they are willing to write me a letter that they will be there for me, but an affidavit, No! So l think that is what lam going to have beside the other things.
Iam travelling to Buffalo-usa in December to be the best maid in my best friends wedding, will come back after three weeks,.
when I went for the visa interview, the lady actually asked me,....did you apply for DV, and did you win.
I answered yes. then she asked me to prove that l will actually come back, I convince her,and I got a one year visa. So by the time l will be current, I might still be in possesion of a current non-immigant visa. Can this affect my process?
Olyn
When you will go for the interview, you non-immigrant visa will be cancelled as an immigrant visa patched in your passport. In August I applied for a non immigrant visa to attend a conference in Seattle from Osaka Consulate. During the interview i was asked if I had applied for Immigrant visa and I answered yes. At the end the CO told me that they will review my DV information before they can issue non-immigrant visa. One week later they gave me a 6 months visa. So when you were asked the same quiz it means they already had your information on their system.
When I was went for the DV interview in Tokyo in September I was issued the immgrant visa but the non immigrant visa was stamped "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE".

About the sponsor, its still fine if they write a letter.
Pass my regards to your friends as they start new life together.

Hi y'al comrades,

I hav an issue with the affidavit too. Ok the sponsor i wrote on my forms is not a permanent resident she is a pal who went to US for further studies on a students visa. Nw my quiz is,

1. Can it be a prob for her being my sponsor?

2. If i hav enaf cash to support me, lets say 1m in my acc, can i skip th part tht i hv a sponsor ta sign th affidavit n tel them i js wan ta stay wit my host for less than a month til i get a house?n provid a bank statmnt to prove tht?

3. Can i change the sponsor if they require i put a resident b4 my CN is current?

Goodluck for those who are current.

Iam not sure lil'angel, but I too think asponsor should be a permanent US resident or a green card holder,
not a student or some one holding a non immigrant visa. You can still change during the interview.
I can also support myself there, thro the small saving I have in my account before getting a job, but my friends/forumist have always advised me to look for a sponsor,just to be on the safe side, so lets seal all the loopholes my dear. look for a sponsor.
Thanks Oliseh for that encouragement, while there, I will try get someone willing as a sposor. people are
there, but they fear commitment.
Please when you will be finally leaving or coming home, let me know.
For magkin, I pray for the best. I know you are now fully set. God is with you.

Hi y'al comrades,

I hav an issue with the affidavit too. Ok the sponsor i wrote on my forms is not a permanent resident she is a pal who went to US for further studies on a students visa. Nw my quiz is,

1. Can it be a prob for her being my sponsor?

2. If i hav enaf cash to support me, lets say 1m in my acc, can i skip th part tht i hv a sponsor ta sign th affidavit n tel them i js wan ta stay wit my host for less than a month til i get a house?n provid a bank statmnt to prove tht?

3. Can i change the sponsor if they require i put a resident b4 my CN is current?

Goodluck for those who are current.
Lil'angel

Firstly it is possible to change the name of the sponsor during the interview so dont worry about that.
Secondly, if you get a sponsor and the agree to write the affidavit of support, the he/she has to be a legal permanent resident or US Citizen.

If you have enough cash then what you can do is to get a letter from the sponsor stating that they will be able to accomodate you till get a job and your own place.

Thanx Sapana, Olyn,
Thanx Oliseh, so it is possible to change? Why during the interview? I cant change before? That sounds cool though. I hope to go through unscathed. Lv y'al.

Thanx Sapana, Olyn,
Thanx Oliseh, so it is possible to change? Why during the interview? I cant change before? That sounds cool though. I hope to go through unscathed. Lv y'al.

Lil'angel
you can still change even now by just sending an email indicating your full names, case number and date of birth to KCC. But why worry over a simple issue ?

Nigerian thread, people are getting their 2NL,
anyone from kenya, please we want to know the content so that we can discuss and get
to help one another., after all we are all one big family. Luck!

Yes In fact a young man I had applied for is interviewing on Nov.4th

Got his first NL- April 2010-
Paper work back early June.
2nd NL- End of August.
Did medicals, Police report in Sept/Oct.
Interview Nov. 4th.

About the sponsor AOS- I emailed the embassy wondering what kind of form I needed to send with him and they wrote back and said " just write him a letter".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes In fact a young man I had applied for is interviewing on Nov.4th

Got his first NL- April 2010-
Paper work back early June.
2nd NL- End of August.
Did medicals, Police report in Sept/Oct.
Interview Nov. 4th.

About the sponsor AOS- I emailed the embassy wondering what kind of form I needed to send with him and they wrote back and said " just write him a letter".

Thanks Katimich for the update. We wish the young man success in his interview come 4th Nov. My prayers are with him. How much are the medicals costing this yr round? We hope u will kam bak here and give us the success story coz the young man will surely be issued with the visa.

Thanks

Patem
Welcome to the forum bro. We waiting upon the Lord for good results come next year May. Keep us posted of the progress. Also follow the thread so that you get familair with the DV lottery cases. It would be of help to you when you face C during the interview.

Thanks Oliseh, I will be following up the thread, it is very informative. I will definitely post the progress!:cool:

Please, who are the people having their inteviews or collecting their visas this week? We want to remember them in our prayers? Prayer works. Peace! Benniit

SO far , no interviews on Kenyan thread. Still waiting to know what our kenyan Embassy have for us.
Those who have done the medical, kindly tell us how much it cost.
Magkin you were todo yours in mombasa, have you? how was it it.
I'm in mombasa and intend to do mine there too,
Otheerwise wish all the forumist best of luck.
Thanks Benniit for being there for us.

Please, who are the people having their inteviews or collecting their visas this week? We want to remember them in our prayers? Prayer works. Peace! Benniit

Benniit,
I like the way you coordinate the prayers, you inspire me. God bless you for your great concern for forumers success.

hii!! ya'

oln
I did the medical its simple u just nid to take alot of water before givin out urine sample. bloodtest urine n x ray r done at mombasa hospital. carry ur imunisation card given when a kid,apointment letter n passport.The doctor is very nice n vacine r nt that painful.

Thanks Katimich for the update. We wish the young man success in his interview come 4th Nov. My prayers are with him. How much are the medicals costing this yr round? We hope u will kam bak here and give us the success story coz the young man will surely be issued with the visa.

He said medicals costed a little under 19k. One can opt out being tested for HIV- since the State Dept. does not require it and that will save you a grant or two for Luch.

Magkin thanks so much.
I work next to mombasa Hosp. I take alot of water you said before giving urine sample, thats sound good.
Blood test,X-ray and vaccination, how much does that cost ? unfortunately cannot trace the immunisation cards that l was given when young, will I be made to repeat the imnisation?
Wish evryone success. Its a journey to be walked thro' you know.

Magkin thanks so much.
I work next to mombasa Hosp. I take alot of water you said before giving urine sample, thats sound good.
Blood test,X-ray and vaccination, how much does that cost ? unfortunately cannot trace the immunisation cards that l was given when young, will I be made to repeat the imnisation?
Wish evryone success. Its a journey to be walked thro' you know.

Olyn, I also dont have immunization records but someone on the 2010 kenyan thread advised that if the doc asks whether u hav ever suffered from diseases like chickenpox u say yes even if not coz that will save u about 4,500/=. I dont know how good lying is but anyway, i guess we will get more info on this thread when kenyans start preparing for interviews. We are not the only ones without the records