• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

You are right Mamaizoo, I was there 'Ghanan thread' and read Nsiah's testimony about the interview
experience. He was not ask many things. But interviews also vary from individual to individual, so
forumist, keep on visiting various thread and bring more experience to the house. we are anxiously waiting testimony from our Nairobi embassy too.
Otherwise instructions are very important. Lets be of help to one another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi evryone,

I just want to know whether in the Nairobi embassy they ask for Affidavit of Support, and if they do is it the I-134 or I-864. Anybody with information pliz assist.

Hi evryone,

I just want to know whether in the Nairobi embassy they ask for Affidavit of Support, and if they do is it the I-134 or I-864. Anybody with information pliz assist.

Mamaizoo, most guys who had their interviews at the US embassy in Nairobi said it was not asked. However, my advice for u is to have it, just in case it will be needed instead of going there with a divided mind due to anxiety. Avail all the documents needed as u never know what will be asked or not, i believe it wont cost u a lot. AOS is form I-134. All the best

Thanks Mjamaa, will do exactly that. I have a family and i want to be as prepared as possible for the interview when my time comes. By the way when are you traveling to US?

Thanks Mjamaa, will do exactly that. I have a family and i want to be as prepared as possible for the interview when my time comes. By the way when are you traveling to US?
It's ok Mamaizoo, will travel in the course of this month by God's will

mamaizoo;
agreed with mjamaa. following experiences from Nairobi in 2009/10 none was asked for AOS but if u can get one why not. all tracks covered means peace of mind and on spot decision by the CO.

hi

hi guys is a leter from sponsor ok or i should get afidavit of suport form?coz am waitin for a letter through mail box.
I would like to wish mjamaa al best in journey preparations.

mamaizoo,thanks for that question. I was also wondering if its a must, cause those who have
gone thro' Nairobi embassy says, they were never asked about the affidavit . But as mjama puts it, lets seal all the loopholes.
Must it be an affidavit of support or even a detailed letter from your sponsor can do? sometimes commitment is very hard!

Last edited by a moderator:
mamaizoo,thanks for that question. I was also wondering if its a must, cause those who have
gone thro' Nairobi embassy says, they were never asked about the affidavit . But as mjama puts it, lets seal all the loopholes.
Must it be an affidavit of support or even a detailed letter from your sponsor can do? sometimes commitment is very hard!
It is good to arm yourself will all the relevant documents. Interview experince vary from place to place and from person to person. For example I never knew that I would be asked to give addition proof that I was a kenyan citizen other than the Kenyan passport and birth certificate. I submitted my kenya National ID card. Proof of completion of High School is the sole requirement for DV preocess but the CO asked for proof that I was registered for PhD program and that I had also completed masters.
Essentially my advice is get as much documents as you can lay your hands on. However during the interview, flash them out only when asked. Also note that if you've had more than one passport please carry your current and previously held passports.
If you cannot get an affidavit of support because many Americans or Legal permenent residents fear commiting themselves then you can ask for a letter from them stating that they are willing to host and provide food until you are able to find your own place.
Olyn, I think you've an added advantage because you've been to US before and therefore you cannot be a public charge.

Your Prayers
I want to enlist your prayers. I have registered my late brother's daughter into the DV 2012. My brother died 2 yrs ago, left a widow and 9 kids. I have been providing for their school fees and food. Despite the fact that it has been a toll order, God has been gracious. I want to ask for your prayers that God would remember me in this application so that when it goes through this girl may be able to take care of her family members.

PRAYERS CHANGES EVERYTHING. On 1st may 2012, I will come back with the testimony of what God has done.
God richly bless you.

Oliseh

Your Prayers
I want to enlist your prayers. I have registered my late brother's daughter into the DV 2012. My brother died 2 yrs ago, left a widow and 9 kids. I have been providing for their school fees and food. Despite the fact that it has been a toll order, God has been gracious. I want to ask for your prayers that God would remember me in this application so that when it goes through this girl may be able to take care of her family members.

PRAYERS CHANGES EVERYTHING. On 1st may 2012, I will come back with the testimony of what God has done.
God richly bless you.

Oliseh

Oliseh,
My prayers are with you. God shall make it happen.

Mjamaa, wish u a safe journey. May u find opened doors once u land in the USA. Tunakufuata in the not so far future. God bless.

Thank you Mamaizoo for ur wish. I believe the good Lord will once again help me get there and open other avenues. To Oliseh, I'm humbled to read ur plans on ur late brother's family. That spirit is what may need to have. One thing I must tell you is that the Lord God will reward ur efforts of uplifting the fatherless. You are sowing good and certainly u will reap the same thing in the future. I'm also glad to see the zeal that the 2011 selectees from Kenya are having in keeping this thread active, may the flame in you continue to burn. Let's remember one another in our supplications always as prayers can do wonders the way Oliseh has said.

my prayers

I know God has done it coz he never hesitate to bless the righteous.u hav been of help to other n of course the miracle will come ur way as u try help those children.I even knw of a 2010 selectee who is an ophan God answerd her prayers n she is in texas now.to other members I continue to pray 4 that al shal come to pass.am also preparing my doc 4 the d-day.

I know God has done it coz he never hesitate to bless the righteous.u hav been of help to other n of course the miracle will come ur way as u try help those children.I even knw of a 2010 selectee who is an ophan God answerd her prayers n she is in texas now.to other members I continue to pray 4 that al shal come to pass.am also preparing my doc 4 the d-day.

Magkin,
My prayers are with u as u prepare for the interview. Victory is yours in Jesus' name.

Njugunuts, where are you?

Faith!
Halo Oliseh, I have been reading through this thread, and you story and faith has given me hope! Indeed faith can move mountains.
I have also applied for the DV 2012, and am positive, praying and trusting in God that I will be among the selectees.
Prayers do move mountains and I believe come may 2012, I will come back with Good news.
Remember to pray for me, and I will pray for your brothers kid, and together we will be victors!
God bless you richly!
Patem

Faith!
Halo Oliseh, I have been reading through this thread, and you story and faith has given me hope! Indeed faith can move mountains.
I have also applied for the DV 2012, and am positive, praying and trusting in God that I will be among the selectees.
Prayers do move mountains and I believe come may 2012, I will come back with Good news.
Remember to pray for me, and I will pray for your brothers kid, and together we will be victors!
God bless you richly!
Patem
Patem
Welcome to the forum bro. We waiting upon the Lord for good results come next year May. Keep us posted of the progress. Also follow the thread so that you get familair with the DV lottery cases. It would be of help to you when you face C during the interview.

Magik
I wish you success in you interview. I guess you are current in November. Have you received your 2NL? What about the nmedicals?Please put all the necessary documents in order and then go in power and the blessings of God.

What are your worries? Nobody goes to embassy from this forum and comes back with a loss. U wouldn't have won this if God hadn't been on your side. Just keep your fingers crossed whilst we support you with incessant prayers. He's done it for u, amen! Peace! Benniit

What are your worries? Nobody goes to embassy from this forum and comes back with a loss. U wouldn't have won this if God hadn't been on your side. Just keep your fingers crossed whilst we support you with incessant prayers. He's done it for u, amen! Peace! Benniit

Bennit, from your signature I can see you are current in December. I wish you God's favour as you prepare and for your interview.