• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Thanks Olyn for asking.
I called kcc last friday (1 October) and they advised to call them in two weeks. They didn't say about the interview date. The interview looksto be in November or even in December. The fact that the forms were returned at the end of june mattered a lot. I will post what they will say next week. Regarding your girl, I think I have to agree with ammeck on this as ur girl is still her father's daughter and he naturally has all the right. Good luck.

Oliseh, this is a delicate matter. I think it's better to get the consent of the father in writing before she goes for the interview. I understand she is a single mother but we have to also understand that the child have a father, so to avoid any delays she needs to get some form of documentation from the father supporting the child's application for visa.

Ammeck,
Olyn
The issue would have been complicated if she was married and separate. However just to be on the safe side,it would be good to take precaution. You can have both you and the father of the child swear an affidavit before the commisioner of oaths. That kind of document might be more powerful that just a written consent of the father. Please talk to him about your intention and then ask him if you could swear an aoth together. Ofcourse a lawyer will help draft the oath for you.

Oh Oh ,Ijust hope its not getting tougher!!!!
thanks so much Oliseh, Thanks Ammeck09 for your good advice. It pays to be more careful and to seal all
the loopholes. We were never married yes, but shes' her daughter. I will discuss that with him, Since he now has his own family, he has no problem assisting us get a visa. As Oliseh suggest, affidavit is the best choice. You promise to contact your lawyer Oliseh on my behave..., did you? I know you are very busy, but I appreciate your effort to the forumist so much.
I will share here what the lawyer advices me.
Iila'agel, you need not to worry, your CN is not yet current, you will be reschedule for interview when your CN becomes current, lets all join in the waiting list.
For those who are through like ammeck09, we pray it goes well and wish you safe journey there.
Oliseh will talk later!

Sounds like you have yourself sorted. I think community development is marketable, and fortunately, you don't have to take any conversion exams or classes. You'll be fine. You could start looking for jobs online even if you don't apply, just to give you a feel of what's out there. Your paper work also sounds in order, so tungoje tu. :)

My jobo here is one of those professional things and turns out I have to do a ton of exams (3) and back to school for one and a half years :mad: so I can practice huko. Fortunately I'm single so I'm choosing to look at it as a blessing coz the chumz is waaay better huko. So thank God your qualifications are good to go.

njugus
schooling+opportunity sounds perfect 4 me,rather than school without opportunity: u knw where we're coming from............

Oh Oh ,Ijust hope its not getting tougher!!!!
thanks so much Oliseh, Thanks Ammeck09 for your good advice. It pays to be more careful and to seal all
the loopholes. We were never married yes, but shes' her daughter. I will discuss that with him, Since he now has his own family, he has no problem assisting us get a visa. As Oliseh suggest, affidavit is the best choice. You promise to contact your lawyer Oliseh on my behave..., did you? I know you are very busy, but I appreciate your effort to the forumist so much.
I will share here what the lawyer advices me.
Iila'agel, you need not to worry, your CN is not yet current, you will be reschedule for interview when your CN becomes current, lets all join in the waiting list.
For those who are through like ammeck09, we pray it goes well and wish you safe journey there.
Oliseh will talk later!

Olynn

Yes I did promise to contact my lawyer and give you the necessary advice. He is currently in the US and will be back toward the end of October. Will certainly give you a concrete advice.

Hi evribady!! i hav missed y'all!! am sorri fr bein out fr so long ni vile i had lost ma grandpa...n it took a toll on mi...m now back!! i see there is much developments...wow! am so glad...now what do KCC mean by

"Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of November below 12,000. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail."

does that mean i will b scheduled for a visa wen my CN become current or am still gambling on the list? hehehe...thanx y'all n goodluck ta evribady who is current this month! madd lv!

Lil angel
Sorry for the demise of your grandpa. We pray that you find comfort in the Lord.
but your forms, the message that you received means that your visa will be available once your number becomes current because KCC has scrutinised your forms and the information are in order.
A

Hi evribady!! i hav missed y'all!! am sorri fr bein out fr so long ni vile i had lost ma grandpa...n it took a toll on mi...m now back!! i see there is much developments...wow! am so glad...now what do KCC mean by

"Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of November below 12,000. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail."

does that mean i will b scheduled for a visa wen my CN become current or am still gambling on the list? hehehe...thanx y'all n goodluck ta evribady who is current this month! madd lv!

lil'angel

seems like we should be meeting in Nairobi come april ..eh..!

Thanks Oliseh, I will wait and hope you will come back to me.,
Thanks once more for helping me carry my load.
lil'angel, Oliseh has said it, that means,your papers have been checked and are inorder,

Oliseh-- thanx much wow! some statements are hard to understand! lol! anyway thanx so much...we are trying to get over the loss and sure God will comfort us thru...thanx much! and congrats on ua Visa success may u have ol ur dreams achieved while in the US continue prayin for us too...
My2011-- wow! am praying hard for that to happen!! i hope that we meet and we all be successful!!
Olyn-- Thanx much! i get it now!

I have a girl yes. na hata baba yake hajulikani , pls forgive me for that. I will prove that Iam single if there is no problem

Another thing njugunut, must I have a sponsor? I have job, I have few investment here at home,and at least saving. will they insist on sponsorship? I can try look for one if its a must.

Hey!

About your baby, the only way we can give concrete advice depends on what's on her birth certificate. What does it say?

About the sponsor, more experienced colleagues can comment more. My search on threads so far seems like its not a big issue for singles. However, having the daughter may make them want to make sure uko sawa and can provide. So I would suggest that:
1. You find someone who can be your sponsor, but if for legal reasons they may not want to commit themselves using form i-864, I think an original letter detailing that they are willing to host you and take care of your expenses until you are stable will suffice
2. Carry with you your most current bank statement to your interview
3. Carry with you the evidence of your investment e.g share certificates, title deeds etc.

Better safe than AP :p You can then keep the docs in No. 1, 2 and 3 with you, unless the CO asks how you plan on providing for your daughter then you can remove them in that order.

More input from the house on the way forward?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi evribady!! i hav missed y'all!! am sorri fr bein out fr so long ni vile i had lost ma grandpa...n it took a toll on mi...m now back!!

Deepest condolences, and great to have you back.

And a couple of things for everyone:
1. Changed my signature color a bit so I can easily find posts since now there seems to be an identical one, I've gone crimson.
2. Keenly follow the Ghanaian 2011 forum coz a lot of the members are current this month, it is very enlightening.
3. For those who have been following Mjamaa's long journey to pursue his 2010 visa from India, he had an AMAZING last minute approval, God works in mysterious ways. It's given me strength to continue with this process. Read on the 2010 forum what transpired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigerian thread, people are getting their 2NL,
anyone from kenya, please we want to know the content so that we can discuss and get
to help one another., after all we are all one big family. Luck!

Jambo wakenya wema, Na furaha tele kuona wakenya wakiwa kidete kwenye mtambo na maoni tele.Mtaniwia radhi nimekua mteja kiasi,kazi kani baka mno.Mwezi huu waonekana kuwa na mazuri kibao,langu kuwatakia ripoti njema watarajiwa wa kiwango 12000 elfu.Baraka.

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: NOT YET
Interview Confirmed: NOT YET
Police cert:
2nd NL:
Medicals:

Thanks so much ngugunut.
You are right! Having a baby, they will definately want prove on how you are going to take care
of her, yet you are single.
So a sponsor is the answer.As you have said,they may not want to commit themselves in writing again.
what of if Icarry Bank statements proving the saving I have, also Share certificates and title deeds for my houses. Some of my shares I have transfered in my daughters name, can this help.
Please I need some clues here. Its a bit challenging.
'Sikujua kuwa na mume ni muhimu hivi!''

af201100076***

Hi y'all? am a 2011 winner. i have been following the ghana thread and wish we cdu do the same in our thread.My son too won but his case number is even higher at 92***.
Anyone out there who knows whats the highest case number thats ever gotten the gc in the past?
I have lived in the states in the past and had immigration issues but i will continue to process as i children who could benefit from it. Heads up you all!

Hi y'all? am a 2011 winner. i have been following the ghana thread and wish we cdu do the same in our thread.My son too won but his case number is even higher at 92***.
Anyone out there who knows whats the highest case number thats ever gotten the gc in the past?
I have lived in the states in the past and had immigration issues but i will continue to process as i children who could benefit from it. Heads up you all!

Wakahu, welcome to the Kenyan thread. This has been one of the busiest thread ever for Kenya, we just don't have the advantage of numbers coz for some reason very few guys have joined it.

It is POSSIBLE to get it even with a CN as high as 97,000. If you check past bulletins for September at http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html you will see that in the last months usually all of Africa is current so it's free for all.

This means that you need to submit your forms in good time to ensure your interview is slotted in the earlier half of the month, since the Nairobi embassy has 15th September cut-off for interviewing DV cases. You'll both be probably current in September looking at past bulletins.

Also, ensure the are no errors in your forms/supporting documents to avoid being put through the nerve-wracking AP(administrative processing), because DV 2011 can wind up before you get an answer.

December Visa Bulletin

The December Bulletin is out.

AFRICA: 15,650 Except Egypt 12,600, Ethiopia 12,250 and Nigeria 10,850

Much slower than last year (17,800 at this time). Seems it shall be a long wait. Good luck to all who are current.

The December Bulletin is out.

AFRICA: 15,650 Except Egypt 12,600, Ethiopia 12,250 and Nigeria 10,850

Much slower than last year (17,800 at this time). Seems it shall be a long wait. Good luck to all who are current.

you are current in jan my dear, as for me....am worried

Africa still movin slowly but come September 2011 I belive it will be current all the best peeps....

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER

For December, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 15,650 Except: Egypt 12,600
Ethiopia 12,250
Nigeria 10,850
ASIA 11,600
EUROPE 13,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4
OCEANIA 700
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 675