• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Hi guys,
KCC replied my mail."Your forms have been received and are currently processing". Regarding interviews, "Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing". They also said they would update my case file regarding the error i had made on the petitioner thing.

What a relief!

Good stuff! Now the wait begins.......

The cert is valid for Six months according the CID tho some organaizations will set as pa their validity.......even one year but in our case the embassy is not clear on its expiry...nway I went for 3 months validity I advice you the same

From looking through numerous forum posts, the validity (by consensus) seems to be three months for the police clearance. Emailed the Nairobi Embassy and it been two weeks with no reply :mad: . As Trixsam said, there seems to be no clear guideline on the US Consulate website, so I suggest we stick with the 3 months.

2nd NL's

hi guys,,,,,,,
sorry i have been away for a while, took a short break from the forum, been busy with school and jobo hence leaving little time to contribute on the forum nway u guys rock! you have kept the thread burning! Ahsanteni sana, interviews for 2011 wil be starting on 4th Oct, has anyone been slotted among the 1st bunch?....@njugunuts..ur CN seems quite low, hv u gotten ur 2nd NL yet???

Hey Princessanne, I get where you're coming from. Work+school= fatigue.

My CN is low, but yours is even lower. Looking at the last bulletin, you should be current in December. You should have got your 2nd NL by latest mid this month.

Haven't got my 2nd NL yet.I'll be current most probably in January so I'll start mailbox watching from about October-November. This year's bulletin looks quite unpredictable for the rest of Africa, started off well then slowed down so I'm confused as to what the months ahead hold. Earliest will be December with you, but I highly expect January.

Iam so happy, the forumist are back in full swing! ngugunut, princessanne, my2011, mamanzooo and the rest good work,keep it up. my2011,these ship will surely dock there. God is faithfull, I hope we will come back to give thanks, hapa,hapa.
Now to labora2, looking at your CN, you should be going for interview between oct-Nov,. Police certificates are valid for six month, do it immediately, go for medical. I suggust you call KCC , calling is cheap nowadays. you will talk to somebody and ask what is not clear, email, sometimes won't answer your questions. I wish you luck..

Njugunut and princessann you have low CN, have you people receive the 2NL.?

My 2nd NL bado, hopefully in October-November. Hope the new bulletin will move faster.

@Labora2, updates?

Guys keep it up......................!njugunuts, the captains armband is yours, 2011 dv league must be won; the ship must dock firmly in the USA in the coming months. Olyn n maizoo, you'l get there, your anxiety is understandable.

Gee thanks :eek: This family has been awesome with keeping me psyched about the DV thing, it makes it more tangible and now I feel equipped to take it on! This ship must dock SQUARELY in the States. :)

Hi Njugunuts,

Grateful for ua advice. I filled in married when applying for the DV in Oct 2009(was then 7months PG). As for qualifications i have a diploma in community Development, dont know whether marketable in US as is in Kenya. I intend to go to Massachusetts, working on saving more currently coz with a family i dont want to be a liability to my sponsors. Thanks

Sounds like you have yourself sorted. I think community development is marketable, and fortunately, you don't have to take any conversion exams or classes. You'll be fine. You could start looking for jobs online even if you don't apply, just to give you a feel of what's out there. Your paper work also sounds in order, so tungoje tu. :)

My jobo here is one of those professional things and turns out I have to do a ton of exams (3) and back to school for one and a half years :mad: so I can practice huko. Fortunately I'm single so I'm choosing to look at it as a blessing coz the chumz is waaay better huko. So thank God your qualifications are good to go.

I have a daughter four years old, lam single never married.
I know the father of my daughter, but we are no longer friends.
I filled my forms as single. The father of my daughter is now married to some one else and have two children. will I be ask to prove lam single,or will they want to meet the father of my daughter,or in such cases what happes.
You know we have to put our houses inorder before due date!

Olyn, relax. Uko fiti. If you were married then now want to claim as single or vice versa, then you'd have had to prove it. Seems like baby daddy was never in the picture so keep it that way. I doubt it will come up at all.

@ Becks, Where are you? Missing in action :)

@ Trixsam When do you intend to travel and to what state? Update us on your preparations...

@ Becks, Where are you? Missing in action :)

@ Trixsam When do you intend to travel and to what state? Update us on your preparations...

am still there njugunuts, i actually follow the thread everyday but been waiting for october since our lot start getting visas at this time. I was to do interview in nairobi but since am in uk now, i have changed it to the us embassy in london. Its gonna be a long wait for pple with cn like mine though, we hope for the best.

njugunuts,
No new development so far.
I am planning to call them today.

All the best chica, keep us posted.

Its gonna be a long wait for pple with cn like mine though, we hope for the best.

It'll be here sooner than you think, cant believe its October already. And either way, I'm also not leaving till about May-June next year. You'll be just fine.

olyn,
good for you, the only proof of marriage is a valid marriage certificate unless the father of your daughter has n is capable of other sinister intentions. the consular guys are pressed to prove that u r not married,not to prove that u r married!

Njugunuts,
Thanks, we are glad to hav you in the forum. Could you be having a specific online website where i can look for jobs? Would greatly appreciate. Don't worry, ua one and a half years in school will fly so fast you wont believe it.

Validity of police clearance and medical certificate

Hey all,

Finally
got word from the American Embassy in Gigiri with regards to the validity of various documents:

Embassy of the United States of America
United Nations Avenue
Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 254-20-363-6622

Thank you for your email.
The medicals are valid for six months and the police certificate is also six months.

Sincerely,
Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section
US Embassy Nairobi

That question has been put to rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ngugunut, thanks! I will relax. This DV thing can sometimes be stressful. we need suport of evryone.
NOOOOOOOOO, ngugunut, Iam not trying ' kuhepa' . I have a girl yes. na hata baba yake hajulikani , pls forgive me for that. I will prove that Iam single if there is no problem
My2011,thanks for the advice.
Another thing ngugunut, must I have a sponser? I have job, I have few investiment here at home,and at least saving. will they insist on sponsorship? I can try look for one if its a must.
I hope labora2, you have confirmed your interview date. we are concern, because your CN is so low.
Mamazoo has at least join the waiting least.
Lets pray for one another. Amen
I wish you the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi evribady!! i hav missed y'all!! am sorri fr bein out fr so long ni vile i had lost ma grandpa...n it took a toll on mi...m now back!! i see there is much developments...wow! am so glad...now what do KCC mean by

"Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of November below 12,000. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail."

does that mean i will b scheduled for a visa wen my CN become current or am still gambling on the list? hehehe...thanx y'all n goodluck ta evribady who is current this month! madd lv!

Hey all,

Finally
got word from the American Embassy in Gigiri with regards to the validity of various documents

That question has been put to rest.

Olynn Jaber
Your case is straight forward. You are a single mother, never been married so no need to worry about your daughter's case. In addition you have never entered into marriage with your former boyfriend and since you have the custody of the baby, you don't need his permission to present before the CO. Ofcourse you can just tell him your intention.
Secondly,just to on the safe side arm yourself both with your bank statement and a letter from your sponsor.

Hi evribady!! i hav missed y'all!! am sorri fr bein out fr so long ni vile i had lost ma grandpa...n it took a toll on mi...m now back!! i see there is much developments...wow! am so glad...now what do KCC mean by

"Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of November below 12,000. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail."

does that mean i will b scheduled for a visa wen my CN become current or am still gambling on the list? hehehe...thanx y'all n goodluck ta evribady who is current this month! madd lv!

When your CN becomes current, somewhere in April, I guess!

Olynn Jaber
Your case is straight forward. You are a single mother, never been married so no need to worry about your daughter's case. In addition you have never entered into marriage with your former boyfriend and since you have the custody of the baby, you don't need his permission to present before the CO. Ofcourse you can just tell him your intention.
Secondly,just to on the safe side arm yourself both with your bank statement and a letter from your sponsor.

Oliseh, this is a delicate matter. I think it's better to get the consent of the father in writing before she goes for the interview. I understand she is a single mother but we have to also understand that the child have a father, so to avoid any delays she needs to get some form of documentation from the father supporting the child's application for visa.