• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Thanks to the Lord

Guys let us thank God for Njugunuts success and hopefully he will not disappear from the forum. Thanks also for keeping us updated verbatim of what happened at the interview. We hope that u will keep us informed as the knowledge u acquired will be of great help to us. Members also remember to say a big prayer for our colleague Kamauz. Magkin should also keep in touch and when u land on the other side keep us informed so that the successful members will be able to prepare for the other end.

Hi,
everybody.i m new in this forum.my interview was held 9 january.my husband is the principal applicant.we also got the blue sheet revising some law section,i dont know the exact section.now just waiting for the call.i really very much helped by the people of this forum.whenever i read the post of all the people i become feel relax and become paitience.best of luck to all of u . many many thanks for creating this type of forum and participating as much actively.thanks a lot.

Magkin, thanks for everything. I will be very much willing to see you at the welfare party.
for details yzlira@yahoo.com. we talk later.
rantay2002, you are almost current or current.
theres little change you can make about your date of birth.
what you can do, try, swear affidavite( good one with a seal) stating the correct date of birth. Other forumist, what do you think.
mamaizoo, kamauz and the rest we are still here for one another. God bless all

Hi all hope you had a good weekend.@ Magkin its gud to here you a well in advance with relocation plans.Just a simple question what are a the air fares currently,did u manage a one way ticket??you know at at IOM they told us that they also provide cheaper oneway airfares but once you confirm to them that u gat the visa.
Lets also remember two guys Mato and Mose they are going for their interviews today and kesho, i met with this dudes at IOM during my meds and i believe they are about to enter into the celebration book just like Njugunats en the rest.I think kenyan forumists we need to have a coffee pamoja so we can share our views en stories as we bond.just a suggestion guys...

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: Oct 2010
Interview Confirmed: Feb 2011
Police cert:applied : 20 Jan 2011
2nd NL: Arrived 6, Jan 2011
Medicals: Completed 20Jan 2011

menjo, where have you reached.? wish all those going for their interviews a very best of luck.
my prayers are still with kamauz, I pray things goes well for her.
Its a good idea to have coffee togather as we bond and get to know who is who.
The only problem is that interviews come at different times, and people leave at different time.
But just like Ghanaians, who can make follow up to different places in USA and still be a family, after all, we all know where we are coming from.
Those guys communicate and even help one another to settle and look for jobs. There are some people who are well connected than others.
I don't know what others say!
I can remember one day while at Buffalo, I attended a graduation party for Niagerians guys in a home, they all looked like brothers and sisters, they were happy, and to me it looks as if most of them were Dv guys.
Menjo you are right!
But some of us, we still have a walk to walk.though we are not worried, cause ''He alone knows the plans He has for us...........'' Jere 11:29.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaps we need to start that.atlest we know of like 10 guys who are sloted btn now and june,we only need to find a way of getting together and wea to meet the rest shall be history.am ready with everything 12 days to go for my interview.

Hi,
everybody.i m new in this forum.my interview was held 9 january.my husband is the principal applicant.we also got the blue sheet revising some law section,i dont know the exact section.now just waiting for the call.i really very much helped by the people of this forum.whenever i read the post of all the people i become feel relax and become paitience.best of luck to all of u . many many thanks for creating this type of forum and participating as much actively.thanks a lot.

tasfia007,
Welcome to the forum. Don't worry so much, am sure it won't be long before they call to tell you all is well. We'll keep you in our prayers. Our God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. Keep us posted on your progress.

Yaps we need to start that.atlest we know of like 10 guys who are sloted btn now and june,we only need to find a way of getting together and wea to meet the rest shall be history.am ready with everything 12 days to go for my interview.

Menjo, a get together is a good idea. It will help us connect more here and even when we have gone to Obama land. Somebody like you Menjo can organize for that i think.

Hey family!

This goes out to the Mombasa people, olyn and magkin,i'm around for the week. How about we hook up for coffee at Nakumatt Nyali today @ 3.30 pm? Hope you can both make it! Pls send me a PM to confirm.

Menjo,all the best in your interview. I'm pretty confident that it'll go well and don't forget that the work of the CO is not to deny you the visa but to verify your documentation so keep it simple and honest,and answer questions as asked,don't volunteer information. I wish Mose and Marto all the best in their applications as well.

Kamauz,you remain in my thoughts and prayers,i'm confident that before next week is over you'll have some great news for the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi family?
Hoping evry1 is fine. My prayers stil are there for all of us. Am current most probably in April cz i jst misd March by 50 guyz. When exactly shud i expect my 2NL? Feb or March? Can i start wit gettin my police cert n other docs nw? Ama they wil b obsolete wen am due fr th interview? God bless y'al.

hi njugunuts am at work i normally leave at 7.00 maybe at that time also if ul be aroound i hav a welfare party 4 me this sato.

hi njugunuts am at work i normally leave at 7.00pm maybe at that time also if ul be aroound i hav a welfare party 4 me this sato.@menjo i hav nt yet booked but for iom britishairways its 65k for feb or less dependin on time of dolar rate.@wanjeri am always wit u guys even after flyn i believ we shal be meeetin there as menjo is organisin.

Hi family?
Hoping evry1 is fine. My prayers stil are there for all of us. Am current most probably in April cz i jst misd March by 50 guyz. When exactly shud i expect my 2NL? Feb or March? Can i start wit gettin my police cert n other docs nw?

hi lil angel u wil get 2nd nl late feb or early march u can inqure from kcc by email where you put ur case number, names and date of birth. police cert in kenya as per embassy is valid for 6 months even medical.all the best.

Hi family?
Hoping evry1 is fine. My prayers stil are there for all of us. Am current most probably in April cz i jst misd March by 50 guyz. When exactly shud i expect my 2NL? Feb or March? Can i start wit gettin my police cert n other docs nw?

hi lil angel u wil get 2nd nl late feb or early march u can inqure from kcc by email where you put ur case number, names and date of birth. police cert in kenya as per embassy is valid for 6 months even medical.all the best.

Thanx Magkin! Think i shud start nw to avoid last minute rush. God Bles u.

Iil;angel, just start the process, you are very near, don't be caught off guard.
njugunut, I was at Nakumatt book-fast on 1st, I had not visited the forum, so I did not know where to meet you.I work till 600pm by the way. What is alternative time?
But get my details in your private mail and call me.or yzlira@yahoo.com
Menjo and magkin can you people organise something? mamaizoo what do you say?, by the way how is the little one. Have you made arrangements for the passport. We are here to help one another.
Oh kazi! will come back later............

Anyone who is making travel arrangementS, pls visit the 'Ethiopian airline' its cheap and comfortable. thats what I normally use travelling to USA.
I have used KLM and also Emirates, but I prefer Ethiopian.

Anyone who is making travel arrangementS, pls visit the 'Ethiopian airline' its cheap and comfortable. thats what I normally use travelling to USA.
I have used KLM and also Emirates, but I prefer Ethiopian.

how much is it for round trip?

hi oyn hope u gt my email. i believe i can organiz smthn with u guys help.by the way wat about british airways usin iom ticket?could ethiopian airlines be cheaper? @ njugunuts hope u r stil in town

magkin, I got your mail and wrote back.
On sato, I will be at Lutheran place. I know there. Njugunut is in mombasa if lam not wrong, we can try to locate her.
dadadada, I have used Ethiapian airline twice.
The last time, 4th Dec 2010. it was 117,000 return from Nairobi- whingston, the Buffalo.
One way should be cheaper.
It also depends on the season. During the same season, Emirates were at 126,000 return to NY via Dubia.
We can still shop around and compare.