• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Guys! olyn, njugunut ET AL

nice thing you got going on there! wish you the best and hope to join in soon.

@olyn
i check online and the next cheapest airline from Magkins IOM British airways i always find to be Qatar airways..... um... maybe somebody in Nairobi can check at their offices....

Hey olyn and magkin,

Yaani getting these schedules of ours to synch is such work! :) I'm still in town,been working till 3,and seeing as you both work till 7 and 6,wah! Guess we may not be able to all hook up this time. Would have come for magkin's bash but i'm leaving on Friday at 4 so I can't make it. Anyway,if we cant meet here,we'll hook up in the States.

Olyn,i'll call you or text you later today.
Magkin,pls PM me your number.

Good day house. Wishing all the forumites success in their interviews and beyond.

hi njugunuts, i hav sent u my number in this forums inbox.@olyn i gt ur reply but u didnt giv ur number?

Hi Forumites,

I have been thinking for a time now of something but i don't know how applicable it can be. I was thinking that after we have gotten our visas (i have so much faith we will have them), I leave for the states alone immediately and try organize myself before my hubby and son can come. The problem is that in DS230 where it states you give the names of those who will follow you at later date in the US i filled N/A since my plan then was we leave all of us together. Anyone with ideas? I am thinking that if it can be possible, it could spare me the problem of having our host bear the burden of us all since in five-six months i may have gotten a job and may be a place of my own.

magkin, sorry l forgot.
will call you today, then save the number. God willing, I will pass at the farewell party.
Mamaizzoo, I had a similar problem, I was thinking of going alone, settle, then come back for my girl.
But after much consultation, the forumist from kenya, Ghana, and Niagerian told me its not possible.
They said, we just have to go togather, then bring the girl back after applying for re-entry permit.
but since you did not indicate that, there are people to follow to USA,I really don't know.
Otherwise, lets wait for the response from others.
Have you gotten their passport by the way?
Hope all is well.
WIZYFBABY, thanks for best wishes, we are trusting all is well.
Wish all a nice weekend and njugunut safe journey back to Nairobi

Hi family,

Ok it seems i always have questions hehe. Now wat happens to a person who daen't know anyone in the US to sponsor her/him? Is there a posibility that that can happen to someone? What happens to her/his visa application process? as in if there is no sponsor ther's no POE....???

And agen pls tell me the details that are to be on the letter the sponsor is to write for me and if it is necessary for her bank statements or i can produce mine with her letter? will that be ok?

Have a blessed weekend y'al!

Hi Forumites,

I have been thinking for a time now of something but i don't know how applicable it can be. I was thinking that after we have gotten our visas (i have so much faith we will have them), I leave for the states alone immediately and try organize myself before my hubby and son can come. The problem is that in DS230 where it states you give the names of those who will follow you at later date in the US i filled N/A since my plan then was we leave all of us together. Anyone with ideas? I am thinking that if it can be possible, it could spare me the problem of having our host bear the burden of us all since in five-six months i may have gotten a job and may be a place of my own.

God willing you get your Visa- you can bring that up with the interviewing officer- they should legally pack your stuff in different packeges thus being able to follow within 6 months. Just remember ounce you are approved for Visa your rights change and they will try work with you as long as is within the law. In the other hand you might not be able to do much as getting ready within those first six months so you might consider just to bite the bullet and travel together and hope for the best when you get here- with a good host/ and able to house the entire family it could much easier when both of you get here and start working.

Greetings everyone....am a new member in the forum and i like what other members have done...the threads are quite informative and kudos!For all those whose interviews have been scheduled,may i take this opportunity to wish u all the bestest and for us who are still waiting.."Mvumilivu hula mbivu"

Hallo fellow Kenyan, am a little late in joining the forum. I'm based in Nairobi; got my NL last year May, submitted it in July. I understand that my case number is very high 2011AF00089***. Do you guys have any experience or knowledge that you could share with me regarding my chances of getting an appointment date for an interview?

katimich, you mean at the interview one can request that he travel alone, then the family follow within six months?.. And must they follow after how long after recieving the visa?

Wlcome franc, here we are a family helping one another, but not exparts. we consult and also stand to be corrected.. So Karibu sana..
Its true scarnam, you have a high number. ours is a bit high too. But we are just pray, that all the numbers will be current.
Last DV2009, Africa was current during the last DV month - I mean everyone was interviewed.
So if you filled in your documents correctly, just wait and pray. After all it is HE God who has a final say...........

Greetings everyone....am a new member in the forum and i like what other members have done...the threads are quite informative and kudos!For all those whose interviews have been scheduled,may i take this opportunity to wish u all the bestest and for us who are still waiting.."Mvumilivu hula mbivu"

franc welcome to the forum.

hallo guys just confirmed with KCC and my interview date is 24th march and getting nervous day by day.they also confirmed that my 2nd notification letter was sent last month and should be here soon.so my question is can i start preparing the remaining docs;certificate of good conduct and medical report for my hubby and my daughter.any advice will be hihly appreciated.goodluck to those current in feb.

hey guys?
I am a dv 2011 winner from East Africa and I am really worried about the affidavit of support.
I will undergo an interview at the US Embassy in Nairobi and everything seems well but I do not see how
I will get affidavit. I have really gone through the internet and found a wonderful world as you keep helping one another.
So does missing an affidavit meaning "not eligible"? How can one replace an affidavit?
Thank u for your answer, i will keep connecting.

Mamaizoo
I remember very well this very topic coming up some time ago on this forum. Concensus seemed to be in agreement with katimich way.... Bite the bullet.. Atleast if the host can bear the three of u... Just my thinking

Lil'angel

Experiences from nairobi seem to suggest you do not need all that

News guys; feel welcome and try to read through the thread thus far

katimich, you mean at the interview one can request that he travel alone, then the family follow within six months?.. And must they follow after how long after recieving the visa?
Those visa are only good for 6 months so you all must be in US before midnight on the last date on the visa (6 months after issue). You can request the officer to allow you to do that. Ounce you get past the interview your rights change- the officer has to stick to the rules to the last point. Each of you gets individual visa so with a good issues and luckon your side, yes it is possible to make that request and just claim you are still winding up in Kenya at the same time rising money for travel and up keep. (DS 230 forms go to state dept. and the interviewiers work for that dept. too)

Wlcome franc, here we are a family helping one another, but not exparts. we consult and also stand to be corrected.. So Karibu sana..
Its true scarnam, you have a high number. ours is a bit high too. But we are just pray, that all the numbers will be current.
Last DV2009, Africa was current during the last DV month - I mean everyone was interviewed.
So if you filled in your documents correctly, just wait and pray. After all it is HE God who has a final say...........

Thanks a lot olyn and everyone for the encouraging words.
You are right, all CNs in Africa become current in Septmber every year. My concern is the cut-off number in August every year is around 65,000, and only in Sept that probably my CN will become current, and considering that Africa usually produces the highest number of selectees (and even Kenya produces one of the highest numbers), I would think that the bulk of the selectees (from the 100,000 selected) who end up not getting visas come from the Africa. Much as all CNs become current, don't they usually exhaust DV visa availability (50,000) prior to reaching applicants like me with a rank number in the regions of 89000's? Does anyone here in Kenya know of people with as high CN who got an interview date? And if I end up getting an appointment date, would I have enough time to prepare?