• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

@Iqb, I think it is more important where you born rather than where you're now being resided. I mean to say your nationality will play major role when you apply for DV. According to Diversity Visa Programme (maybe it may defer bro!), they will separate out all the applicants with respect to their nationality from all around the world. Then they will selected appx. number of applicant (according to quota they have for each country per year!!!) by randomly. I'm not sure about whether location will play any role in this case, maybe experts here can answer to your question. Anyways, wish you best of luck brother. And and and please remember me in your prayer :)

I'm desperately awaiting for the day of May 1. I honestly hope Allah will be with me time....InshALLAH!

hi guys
i am new to this forum and i just wanted to know whether the region location affects the DV application of Bangladeshi citizens?like say for instance a Bangladeshi citizen living in UAE which is an eligible country for dv lottery but only 20 or 30 applicants are selected every year as compared to Bangladesh where nearly 6000 people are selected every year. so if a bangladeshi citizen living in uae applies for DV lottery will it reduce his/her chances of winning as compared to when applying from Bangladesh because i have referred to some sources and saw that Dv lottery depends very much on the locations of countries by region. So please i just wanted to know will i from the middle east be able to apply for dv lottery and be classified with the bangladeshi regions category or will my application be classified with the UAE region along with the UAE citizens? i am not a Uae citizen, neither was i born in UAE, but just immigrated there few years ago. I was born in bangladesh and dont reside there at the moment. someone please advise.. thanks in advance!!

@Sifu thanks bro very much for your comments! i hope they dont select by looking at the regions but rather by country of birth. but why would they ask in the dv application form the country of birth and country of residence at the same time thats the question which keeps rotating in my mind! Anyways i pray that you find success this time inshallah and if you applied from bangladesh there is high chance of winning because this time also i heard that they are selecting something like 6000 or more bangladeshi people which is 2nd or 3rd highest in the world after countries like ghana and nigeria. Bro let us know your status after 1st may 2011 and keep on checking till the end of august 2011 if you dont receive notifications by then!! Inshallah you will find sucess this time!

@iqb: Even though Bangladesh can get maximum 3500 visas, early cut-off did not really happen for Bangladesh. I have a friend, how got visa in last week of September during 2009. If you observe the visa bulletin of last few months of DV 2010, there was no early cut-off for Bangladesh, though it happened for some other countries. Even this year, early cut-off happened just in one month (i think April). But it did not happen for May and June. So, it is not going to be difficult to get visa from Bangladesh. If you want to get visa from UAE, then make sure that you are not violating any rule.

Thank you very much for your nice comments brother! I really hope everyone get the success whatever they want. Basically the thing is, myself and my finance both have applied from Bangladesh, but I'm not currently residing in Bangladesh as I'm on study leave somewhere in Scandinavian. I wish anyone of us get the DV so that we both can permanently shift to the States. Since my family members are now living in the States, it would be more nicer if I can move there as soon as possible. Anyways, I wish you very good luck for the upcoming mega event on May 1.

Yeap, I will you all informed regarding the outcome of the application. Lets pray hard within these days :)

@Sifu thanks bro very much for your comments! i hope they dont select by looking at the regions but rather by country of birth. but why would they ask in the dv application form the country of birth and country of residence at the same time thats the question which keeps rotating in my mind! Anyways i pray that you find success this time inshallah and if you applied from bangladesh there is high chance of winning because this time also i heard that they are selecting something like 6000 or more bangladeshi people which is 2nd or 3rd highest in the world after countries like ghana and nigeria. Bro let us know your status after 1st may 2011 and keep on checking till the end of august 2011 if you dont receive notifications by then!! Inshallah you will find sucess this time!

Information

@iqb: Even though Bangladesh can get maximum 3500 visas, early cut-off did not really happen for Bangladesh. I have a friend, how got visa in last week of September during 2009. If you observe the visa bulletin of last few months of DV 2010, there was no early cut-off for Bangladesh, though it happened for some other countries. Even this year, early cut-off happened just in one month (i think April). But it did not happen for May and June. So, it is not going to be difficult to get visa from Bangladesh. If you want to get visa from UAE, then make sure that you are not violating any rule.

@sharminlee thank you very much for your comments sister ! do you know if region location matters in the dv application for bangladeshi citizens? because in the dv application form they always ask the country of residence by highlighting it in bold yellow color as well as the country of birth and that seems to me that location is also considered. And i didnt quite get it when you said about violating rules from UAE. what kinds of rules like and how is it different from bangladesh? please advice

I am not saying that you are violating the rules. I just wanted to say that if you want to consider UAE as country of eligibility, then double check whether it is going to violate any rule. You should read the DV application instruction page clearly. According to the rule mentioned in page 6, if you born in UAE, then UAE is eligible country for you. If you don't born in UAE, but your spouse borns in UAE, still UAE is eligible for you. If you don't born in UAE, but one of your parents born in UAE, still UAE is eligible for you. The rule clearly says that you can't claim a country as eligible, just because you live there. So, if you just live in UAE, you can't claim UAE as eligible country. Highlighting the country of residence in yellow color does not indicate that it will be eligible country. They need this information for various reasons.

I suggest you to read the DV instruction page.

BTW. I am not expert of this. Please correct me if I am wrong.

@sharminlee thank you very much for your comments sister ! do you know if region location matters in the dv application for bangladeshi citizens? because in the dv application form they always ask the country of residence by highlighting it in bold yellow color as well as the country of birth and that seems to me that location is also considered. And i didnt quite get it when you said about violating rules from UAE. what kinds of rules like and how is it different from bangladesh? please advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Information

I am not saying that you are violating the rules. I just wanted to say that if you want to consider UAE as country of eligibility, then double check whether it is going to violate any rule. You should read the DV application instruction page clearly. According to the rule mentioned in page 6, if you born in UAE, then UAE is eligible country for you. If you don't born in UAE, but your spouse borns in UAE, still UAE is eligible for you. If you don't born in UAE, but one of your parents born in UAE, still UAE is eligible for you. The rule clearly says that you can't claim a country as eligible, just because you live there. So, if you just live in UAE, you can't claim UAE as eligible country. Highlighting the country of residence in yellow color does not indicate that it will be eligible country. They need this information for various reasons.

I suggest you to read the DV instruction page.

BTW. I am not expert of this. Please correct me if I am wrong.

@sharminlee many thanks once again! i also wanted to know one another thing i.e if having the same country of residence and birth which is Bangladesh in my case but a different mailing address of UAE in the dv application form will that disqualify my application in any way? please advice

No it will not. You can be in a different country right now and hence a different mailing address. Main point is this: you MUST fill in the DV application form with your correct country of birth and chargeability (which is generally same as your country of birth). Once you are selected you send DSP-122 and DS 230 forms to KCC for further processing of your application. At that time, you will have an opportunity to make changes to your current mailing address. By the way, are you a winner of DV 2011 Lottery?

@sharminlee many thanks once again! i also wanted to know one another thing i.e if having the same country of residence and birth which is Bangladesh in my case but a different mailing address of UAE in the dv application form will that disqualify my application in any way? please advice

I totally agree with feel. I just wanted to say the same thing.

Information

No it will not. You can be in a different country right now and hence a different mailing address. Main point is this: you MUST fill in the DV application form with your correct country of birth and changeability (which is generally same as your country of birth). Once you are selected you send DSP-122 and DS 230 forms to KCC for further processing of your application. At that time, you will have an opportunity to make changes to your current mailing address (if you are doing AOS this would be an Adjustment Letter). By the way, are you a winner of DV 2011 Lottery?

@feel thanks a lot for your comments. it was really useful.Well I am not a winner until now but hope to win later some day in the near future!!. i was thinking it would be better to take precautions from now on so that i can avoid my applications being disqualified in the future just as many people get selected every year and then get disqualified later.

Good luck. Just make sure you fill in Country of Chargeability as Bangladesh and Birth Country also as Bangladesh. I am assuming that you are a Bangladeshi national/citizen and were born there.

@feel thanks a lot for your comments. it was really useful.Well I am not a winner until now but hope to win later some day in the near future!!. i was thinking it would be better to take precautions from now on so that i can avoid my applications being disqualified in the future just as many people get selected every year and then get disqualified later.