• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

Dear Mobarak Bhai,

I have seen one case which is similar to your case. A lady and her husband was sitting beside me and they were in your situation. Lady got VISA with her two children but that gentleman did not get his VISA while they have applied (approx. 3.5 months). But finally, US embassy issued his VISA day before yesterday. So, be happy.....

Mehedee

Ap?????????????????????

Dear Mobarak Bhai,

I have seen one case which is similar to your case. A lady and her husband was sitting beside me and they were in your situation. Lady got VISA with her two children but that gentleman did not get his VISA while they have applied (approx. 3.5 months). But finally, US embassy issued his VISA day before yesterday. So, be happy.....

Mehedee

my wife is principle applicant she and my son got visa last week of march ,but i am in AP from one month

Airport clearence

Hlaw Everyone and Congratz to the PPL who got VISA...coz its the best feeling of All

i got Questions about Airport processing for DV case as i have planed to fly to JFK soon....can anyone tell me HOw much time it might take to complete the Airport clearance??

and is there any kind of hassle ppl might face??

or if Anyone wants to share their Experience that would be great.....i m going to NEW JERSEY...so if possible give me some tips....thnxxxx

Dear RajuYakub, thanks for raised this issue, I have heard that sometimes immigration officers ask for release letter from parents Or from government authority .... Although I am not sure about this issue much, It'd be great help if DV winners (who've already confronted immigration procedure in the POE) share with us their experiences in the POE! Be blessed all!

@Mobarak and Nahel: All the best wishes for you guys! InshaAllah good news will come very soon! Don't be worried at all!

Hlaw Everyone and Congratz to the PPL who got VISA...coz its the best feeling of All

i got Questions about Airport processing for DV case as i have planed to fly to JFK soon....can anyone tell me HOw much time it might take to complete the Airport clearance??

and is there any kind of hassle ppl might face??

or if Anyone wants to share their Experience that would be great.....i m going to NEW JERSEY...so if possible give me some tips....thnxxxx

Hello everybody how r u all. we are in newyork for last seven days. its amazing. for airport confusion i will tell you dont worry about usa poe. because here its very very simple. you just come give the visa packet and passport to imigration officeer and they will do everything for you. they just ask you about who are the principal applicant as we are husband and wife. then just ask what we are doing in bd because in visa packet it was written service as occupation. then they entry on computer and cheak the visa and send us to another palce for fingerprint. we go the area give the docs and sit the officer called us and take our signature and fingerprint and then say done and go. nothingelse. its done. its takes only around 15min to done evreything. we have no chance to ask any thing. so my advice to you be smart and dont fumble infront of immigraton officer.thats all.

Thanks for your post, but what about in BD terminal, do immigration officers ask for any kind of release letter? Oh, I forgot to ask another thing, In your visa packet, what they put in occupation field? Mine is ENGINEER, SURVEYOR/MAP SCIENCE ... I consulted with US Embassy in Dhaka, they said, they have only one category for Engineers, it'd be great if you concerned about this issue and enlighten here!

Hello everybody how r u all. we are in newyork for last seven days. its amazing. for airport confusion i will tell you dont worry about usa poe. because here its very very simple. you just come give the visa packet and passport to imigration officeer and they will do everything for you. they just ask you about who are the principal applicant as we are husband and wife. then just ask what we are doing in bd because in visa packet it was written service as occupation. then they entry on computer and cheak the visa and send us to another palce for fingerprint. we go the area give the docs and sit the officer called us and take our signature and fingerprint and then say done and go. nothingelse. its done. its takes only around 15min to done evreything. we have no chance to ask any thing. so my advice to you be smart and dont fumble infront of immigraton officer.thats all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi where are the winners of 2012 DV,lets shares here..I am praying and waiting for my results,I am sure in the Grace of God that i would be selected.

Hey guys good work in here.I stumbled on this site out of anxiety before the Ist of May and I really like what I am getting.

"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below"

Pls does this statement mean I can still be selected?
Cos It seems all my guys also got the message and one of them said it is a batch by batch thingy
My Brethren pls help trash the issue....I believe in you guys

hello forumites,its been a while,congrats 2 all dose u hv had succesful interviews and 2 our fellow 2012 winners congratulations

forumites i heard dat it is nt advisable 2 travel 2 d us without money, even if u hv a sponsor.so 4 dose of us hu hv travelld nd re also preparing 2 travell wat is d minimum amount of money one is advisable 2 travell wit?

Hey electron_max, no dear, unfortunately, you did not win this time! "Has not been selected" means you are not selected for the DV-2012 lottery! All the very best for the next time!

Hey guys good work in here.I stumbled on this site out of anxiety before the Ist of May and I really like what I am getting.

"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below"

Pls does this statement mean I can still be selected?
Cos It seems all my guys also got the message and one of them said it is a batch by batch thingy
My Brethren pls help trash the issue....I believe in you guys

@Amanor: I'm not sure about this issue, so far I know, there's no limit about carrying dollar with, but it'd be best if you can take two months accommodation cost with you, you know getting a job will take minimum 2months cause without SSN you can't apply for any job unless you have strong reference there. I'd rather suggest you to take 2000$ minimum! Be blessed!

hello forumites,its been a while,congrats 2 all dose u hv had succesful interviews and 2 our fellow 2012 winners congratulations

forumites i heard dat it is nt advisable 2 travel 2 d us without money, even if u hv a sponsor.so 4 dose of us hu hv travelld nd re also preparing 2 travell wat is d minimum amount of money one is advisable 2 travell wit?

May be i have to leave the hope of getting visa.still under ap since first week of december..........very very tensed....

@tania...thanks for the wishes.I'm too busy with my work now a days,so i was irregular on this forum.Please keep praying for us,whom are in AP.
And also best of luck for your next steps.

Hallow every one,

After a long m here, m trying to post here but the new version of this site doesnt require in my mobile but i can read always. Now m in my parents home. As i leaving soon so m busy with shoping and meet all my relatives in my home. My flight fixed in next week.

@nomanrupa i read ur recent post thats realy nice for us. Thanks
@Kabir007 very very best wishes to u, Inshaallah. I think u will get VISA if ur all docs is proper. My advise, never forget to give them(CO) to ur AD questioner. In my interview i did it. Interesting things they didnt ask me for any ID. They just took my original certificate (SSC, HSC, HONs, DOB, PCC, Marreinge cert.) and want to see my wedding pics.
Thanks to all i will be regular in forum after come back in Dhaka.

Last edited by a moderator: