• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

@Ronyda and @Labora2, Happy to see ur post again. Plz b with us..
We are xpecting from u and all Old(GOLD) forum members for ur valuable suggestion..

হ্যালো ভাই ও বন্ধুরা....
তোমরা সবাই কেমন আছো?

নতুন যারা আসছ, তাদের বলছি........ এই ফোরামের শুরু থেকে শেষ পর্যন্ত ( ১ থেকে ২৯ পাতা ) একটু দয়া করে পড়ে নাও। অনেক অনেক তথ্য পাবে। এরপর তো সকলে আছেই....

Ttania and Nazdv,

Dont worry about your situation. In DV cases, last name, first name are not major issue. The counselor is well known about the status of names in Bangladesh.In all cases, surname means last name. The major thing is that, whether your all documents, certificates, NID, old photo ID, marriage certificate has the same name spelling. This is very very important. Machine readable passports are readable with machines. So, in the US embassy they will surely do it by machine and they will get all your biographic data including fingerprint. Thus i suggest all to provide MRP in DV interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
হ্যালো ভাই ও বন্ধুরা....
তোমরা সবাই কেমন আছো?

নতুন যারা আসছ, তাদের বলছি........ এই ফোরামের শুরু থেকে শেষ পর্যন্ত ( ১ থেকে ২৯ পাতা ) একটু দয়া করে পড়ে নাও। অনেক অনেক তথ্য পাবে। এরপর তো সকলে আছেই....

Obviusly todays a spacial day for us who are wating for interview, Todays we got the another GOLD Nightingle. Happy to see ur post bro. Hows uncle & anty? Lot of wishes for this cuple. Bro plz stay connected with us. Thankx

হ্যালো ভাই ও বন্ধুরা....
তোমরা সবাই কেমন আছো?

Ttania and Nazdv,

Dont worry about your situation. In DV cases, last name, first name are not major issue. The counselor is well known about the status of names in Bangladesh.In all cases, surname means last name. The major thing is that, whether your all documents, certificates, NID, old photo ID, marriage certificate has the same name spelling. This is very very important. Machine readable passports are readable with machines. So, in the US embassy they will surely do it by machine and they will get all your biographic data including fingerprint. Thus i suggest all to provide MRP in DV interviews.

Thanks brother for your motivation, My name and name spelling is alright in everywhere, it just about name position, I was so worried, now I'm just letting it go on luck! I hope everything goes right as long as no fraud information were given! My all confusion which making me going nuts are below:

1. Birth Place Confusion: Can't remember (originally I issued my birth certificate after getting my 1st NL) :(
2. Name Position: DSP and Passport vary (sets of words are okay)
3. National ID Card: Issued after getting 1st NL (I've lost the original one, then re-issued the NID ... though I've the GD copy if needed I can show it)
4. Underweight: Someone said, in Additional Processing sheet there's a option for underweight, so if medical fitness goes wrong then they could be able to reject the case. I think I'm way too underweight than my height! :(

These things pretty much bothering me instant, otherwise, my every documents are ready to go. Do comments on these issues, comments are pretty much appreciated. Thanks to all who are always regular in this forum and trying to help each other! Be blessed!

Hello friends,
I am a bangladeshi and currently living with my family in canada as a permanent resident from july 2010. I also rcvd the DV lottery 2011 and my interview is fixed on mid of february 2011 at US embassy dhaka. But i am not able to attend the interview. I have some queries in this regard. if there any option to rescheduling the interview in any US embassy in Canada? Pls suggest/guide me. All the best. Regards, Nayan

Hello everybody,
A blunder is gnawing me ceaselessly. Please advise me what should I do in this case:
I sent my DS 230 and DSP 122 to KCC on 6 oct'2010. and my passport was issued on 14 Oct'2010. In DS 230, I wrote Dhaka as my present address but in passport both of my present and permanent address is Rajbari. would it affect processing my dv2011 visa? also there is a gap of 8 days of changing my address (notice the dates). Is there any remedy?
I feel I die.
Please respond .

@gm.nayan u should have informed KKC regarding this issue before ur interview date fixed.as far as i know its possible to change the consular office for interview.But KCC usually do all kind of correction regarding ur case before they fixed the interview date and venue.So now u can call or mail to KCC and could request them to change the consular office for interview.Lets see what they say.

Hello everybody,
A blunder is gnawing me ceaselessly. Please advise me what should I do in this case:
I sent my DS 230 and DSP 122 to KCC on 6 oct'2010. and my passport was issued on 14 Oct'2010. In DS 230, I wrote Dhaka as my present address but in passport both of my present and permanent address is Rajbari. would it affect processing my dv2011 visa? also there is a gap of 8 days of changing my address (notice the dates). Is there any remedy?
I feel I die.
Please respond .

I don't think it's a major issue in visa processing, so far I can remember there's no Present/Permanent title in DSP forms besides if you've collected your MRP then there's no present or permanent addresses showing and also it will match your fingerprints same! So, don't worry it will be okay so far from my knowledge. All the best wishes. Be Blessed!

@gm.nayan u should have informed KKC regarding this issue before ur interview date fixed.as far as i know its possible to change the consular office for interview.But KCC usually do all kind of correction regarding ur case before they fixed the interview date and venue.So now u can call or mail to KCC and could request them to change the consular office for interview.Lets see what they say.

Thanks Boss

hi friends
sorry for not touching with u.
i have a good news that is
me and my family got dv visa today.

polash512

hi friends
sorry for not touching with u.
i have a good news that is
me and my family got dv visa today.

polash512

Congratulation polash512 & ur family, but we still wait to know ur interview experince, would u plz share with us.

thanx my experince is as follows
first we entered at 8 am.
then call me door no 6 to submit 2nd letter
again call me door no 6 to submit all of my papers.she returned my 4 bank slip.
then call me door no 2 for hand scan ( dui hater chap nise )
then call me door no 5 for interview
con : what is ur highest level of study
me : told
con : when
con : where r u working
con : what u doing there
con : give me ur family album
then he asked my wife what is ur highesr level of study.she repply
then he told congratulation you will get visa pls come tomorrow 2.30 pm.

i submit papers

1. Passport.
2. dubai Police Clearance Certificate
3. dhaka Police Clearance Certificate.
4. Visa Fees Receipt.
5. Medical Report.
6. SSC Registration Card. (i don't have thats why i didn't submit )
7. SSC Admit Card. (i don't have thats why i didn't submit )
8. SSC Mark Sheet.
9. SSC Certificate.
10. HSC Registration Card.
11. HSC Admit Card.
12. HSC Mark Sheet.
13. HSC Certificate.
14. Job Experience Letter.
15. Present Job ID Card.
16. Old ID Card
17. health card, insurance card, UAE National ID Card.
18. Birth Certificate
19. Marriage Certificates + kabin nama bangla and english
20. 2 Photos (2"x 2").
21. DV Confirmation letter.
22. DV Appointment Letter (2nd Letter).
23. Additional Questionnaire Paper with Answer Sheet.
24. Old Photos of the Family.
25. Photocopy of All Documents. (no need to notarized)

now we will go to california.
if u need any kind of information then mail me i will give my cell no.
polash512@yahoo.com

polash512

thanx my experince is as follows
first we entered at 8 am.
then call me door no 6 to submit 2nd letter
again call me door no 6 to submit all of my papers.she returned my 4 bank slip.
then call me door no 2 for hand scan ( dui hater chap nise )
then call me door no 5 for interview
con : what is ur highest level of study
me : hsc
con : when
me : 2002
con : where r u working
me : dubai electricity and water authority
con : what u doing there
me : substation maintenance
con : give me ur family album
then he asked my wife what is ur highesr level of study.she repply
then he told congratulation you will get visa pls come tomorrow 2.30 pm.

i submit papers

1. Passport.
2. dubai Police Clearance Certificate
3. dhaka Police Clearance Certificate.
4. Visa Fees Receipt.
5. Medical Report.
6. SSC Registration Card. (i don't have thats why i didn't submit )
7. SSC Admit Card. (i don't have thats why i didn't submit )
8. SSC Mark Sheet.
9. SSC Certificate.
10. HSC Registration Card.
11. HSC Admit Card.
12. HSC Mark Sheet.
13. HSC Certificate.
14. Job Experience Letter.
15. Present Job ID Card.
16. Old ID Card
17. health card, insurance card, UAE National ID Card.
18. Birth Certificate
19. Marriage Certificates + kabin nama bangla and english
20. 2 Photos (2"x 2").
21. DV Confirmation letter.
22. DV Appointment Letter (2nd Letter).
23. Additional Questionnaire Paper with Answer Sheet.
24. Old Photos of the Family.
25. Photocopy of All Documents. (no need to notarized)

now we will go to california.
if u need any kind of information then mail me i will give my cell no.
polash512@yahoo.com

polash512

Thank u polash512. Its a great interview conversaion. Now can u tell me some quary-
Is your bith certificate is bangla or english?
For ur medical certificate have u booked the medical and how much time its take for the total process?
Is the additional qoestionaire ans paper is filled up by hand written or computerize?
Nothing u notarized of any photocopy?

Waiting to see ur reply. All the best.

thanx nazdv
my birth ctf is english
for medical it will take 30 to 45 minutes
additional questinaiere paper is computerized
nothing is notarized.
i didn't submit nid card ( me and my wife)

polash512

one reqst from my heart and soul that is dont go to any immigration help line.they r just busterd.any how they will bound u to contact with them.as i know they can do nothing.

they can do nothing.
Yes polash u r right they can do nothing.

thanx nazdv
my birth ctf is english
for medical it will take 30 to 45 minutes
additional questinaiere paper is computerized
nothing is notarized.
i didn't submit nid card ( me and my wife)

polash512

Thank u polash but another is while every selectee of bangladesh get busy to provide NID to ambassy but u r the one who didnt it! I am curious about it, would u plz tall the reason?

waiting waiting waiting now it is very much hampering my life, my business, everything how long it will take ? it almost four month going , my interview was 20th October and they kept passport on 24th November. what will be my day counting ? from 20 oct or 24 Nov ? Forum Friends Please help me about this .

zahid