• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

Hello everyone,

How do u do? Hope days are going fine..........

My request to new members.......
Please , read thoroughly the current thread from the first page to last page to get all of your answers.I think, you will almost get all of your answers.

And if you didnt get it, take help from these threads of our Bangladeshi members,

1. DV 2010 Bangladeshi winners thread, follow... http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?299611-dv2010-Bangladeshi-here

2. Police clearance related questions, follow...... http://forums.immigration.com/showt...-in-Dhaka-Bangladesh&highlight=PCC+bangladesh

And if you still didnt get appropriate answer, then just tell us. I think , its better to repeat the same issue, than to discuss with newer issues.

Now, i will opine on the issue mentioned by Nadiasaifur.

I thinks, he should not face the interview. Because , it is almost 100% chance of visa refusal. You see the prerequisites of DV visa. Either it needs High school level education or work experience that falls in the job zone 4 or 5 and SVP rating should be higher than 7 . You will find it in Onet online also Visit... http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html
Matter is that, the jobs which falls under these categores needs at least 12 year education in Bangladesh. Suppose a school teacher, a civil engineer etc. Thus ,
There is no possibility of any Bangladeshi to get DV without 12 YR education in Bangladesh.

Oh....Zahid bhai and Nadia, Congratulations.......... you will certainly get it, just wait for some additional enquiry. As your all docs are all jenuine, nothing to be worried.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi friends,
after many many days.how r u all with lots of tension and expectation? anyways nadia, i'll suggets u that its very strict about educational qualification and we all know about it.and that is H.S.C at least.so why to proceed if he doesn't have that?and my personal thought is why to waste some lots of savings of life where we all know that it'll be refused??!!! and friends, as i've discussed here one of my relatives case where they've just refused them because of date of birth mistake though they are highly educated!!!and education is the most great issue!! so please if u want to help him nadia please tell him not to waste his life's savings for any kind of illusion.its better to live happily here.there was a time when class 8 pass people got DV visa. but now its not like that.world has changed and the situation also.so tell him all these in detail.vai taka rojgar kore life er savings kora onek kosto....r seita kno sudhu sudhu akta morichikar pechone nosto kore dea jeta amra janii j hoar noi....
hi all forum friends

please give your opinion about this dv case.

in my postal area after July 2010 three person got dv first latter (got information from postman) me,a women and a carpenter . one middle of Jun a person call me at first he apologized to disturb me then he said , he got my cell no from my postman and he got dv letter ,he has a job in a construction company, he requested me to check his ds-230 papers , i called him to come to my office in the evening he came to my office with his papers , he said all his paper fill-up by his office boss, i saw those paper was fill-up properly . He said he is married and his wife is pregnant. he got marry before got the first letter . he used his wife name in his ds-230 paper but did not give any details information . i asked why . he said one of his boss who got dv earlier now living USA forbidden him to do that. so post to kcc with only his information. Look Friends,

* His education Qualification class 8 pass
* By Profession carpenter experience more than 10 years
* Can Not read or write English
* He registered dv as single After registration he got married but Did not gave detail information of his spouse in ds-230 paper

He said he will call me if he get the second letter . His name Mohim.

on 21st November MR. Mohim call on my cell and said he got the second letter, on 28th December his interview , he asked me is he eligible for the interview ,because he is confused about his education qualification , he requested me to know the perfect information ?

so friend's what is the suggestion of your? the visa fee is a big deal for this man. please help me to make a good suggestion for this simple man.

Can he give interview on his work qualification's ?

Zahid

@nightingle :--->>> Thank u Nightingle. but u know, tension is always running in mind. prey for us. wish ur parent all the best.

@rony :--->>> in logically, u r right, but its' true that, dv is a lottery, if he didn't give any false information about his, and if he ll prove that he is that person, and not a bad person, i think he got the visa, if he gave all true information. only god knows what is going on. and also we all know that "NO RISK NO GAME".

Thanks.

from nadia .

Zahid,
(About Carpenter)
KCC approved him for visa interview. But you can understand the situation. Very low chance of visa. Now, I can tell you to give him just your opinion. Then, he will decide whether he will stand for the interview or not. If you insist him not to go for interview, he may flow on grief in later life, and think "I should have taken a risk".
Now think yourself. What and how you say him.
Best of luck.
-Sabrina.

Hello Rony Da!
You are the luckiest person of this forum. U know I have interviewed in first week of Oct. It's near about 2 months, no call from embassy. Should I call or email to the embassy after 2 months have finished? What would u suggest?
-Sabrina

Thank's all forum friends for Yours Personal opinion.

I have a question , with all Information's base why KKC Give MR. Mohim 2nd Letter? MR. Mohim Gave his status TO KKC after got his first letter. Did KKC not Verify his paper before issue a interview ? If that yes , why all does not get the 2nd letter ?

DV who get ever a letter know the feelings about that, Mr. Mohim is not out of that , I suggest him to give his interview.

Ki ace dunia te? nije k to she jibone eta bojhte parbe ami try korechilam........ ki bolen bondhura ?

I Try MY best To help him.

Zahid

Dear Zahid Vai,
Yes I think so. Ki ache jibobne? Try na korle afsos ta ajibon thekey jabe. Tai try koray valo.
-Sabrina

Thank's all forum friends for Yours Personal opinion.

I have a question , with all Information's base why KKC Give MR. Mohim 2nd Letter? MR. Mohim Gave his status TO KKC after got his first letter. Did KKC not Verify his paper before issue a interview ? If that yes , why all does not get the 2nd letter ?

DV who get ever a letter know the feelings about that, Mr. Mohim is not out of that , I suggest him to give his interview.

Ki ace dunia te? nije k to she jibone eta bojhte parbe ami try korechilam........ ki bolen bondhura ?

I Try MY best To help him.

Zahid

Nadia/Zahid

Please don't run my emotion or chance. It might cost Mohim his life savings. Class 8 is not a problem. I would suggest to follow Nightingle's suggestion and go to http://online.onetcenter.org/ and try to find out if Carpenter falls in DV experience category. If it falls then definitely Mohim should go for interview but if it doesn't then ask him not to waste money.

Thanks

Mr. mohim working in a well known builders company last 10 to 12 years , i have little mistake about his profession he is not a carpenter he is a plumber . He worked in dhaka sonargaon hotel, he is also a driver.

Maybe MOhim case will be rejected , he is ready to take risk on 57000 taka , i told him all the negative side of his case. But he is determined about his goal. So i help him to update his docs , suggesting him about interview etc.

Thank's Nightingale Zahidal Rony sabrina nazdv kabir for yours suggestions .

Zahid

Hello everyone,
I'm kind of new here. Hardly take part of any discussion here, but I do regularly follow each and everyone's comments and try to educate my knowledge on US Immigration stuff. Although I'm not DV winner, neither I think I'll win ever...lol

After reading Mr. Mohim's story, I can't resist myself to comment here. I do agree with what Mr. Zahidal has said. Well, I've read DV instruction thoroughly and could able to find out the following in FAQ:

WHAT OCCUPATIONS QUALIFY FOR THE DV PROGRAM??
To determine eligibility based on work experience, definitions from the Department of Labor’s (DOL) O*Net OnLine database will be used. The O*Net Online Database groups job experience into five “job zones.” While many occupations are listed on the DOL Website, only certain specified occupations qualify for the DV Program. To qualify for a DV on the basis of your work experience, you must have, within the past five years, two years of experience in an occupation that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher.

Now the question is whether Mr. Mohim's work experiences must comply with Job Zone 4 & 5. I did some research on both Carpenter and Plumber, unfortunately both were fallen into Job Zone 2-3 and SVP range less than 6.

I'm totally sympathize with Mr. Mohim's situation. As a fellow citizen of BD, we understand his emotion, his dream to get settled in one of the richest country of the world where all his dream may come true, but in practically, I don't think the US visa officer (especially our countryman) will be able to read his inner emotion/dreams.

Best wishes to everyone who are desperately awaiting for visa decision and also those will appear in coming future including Mr. Mohim too. I hope the more interesting issues will raise and I may further enhance my knowledge from here. Good Luck :)

Hello everyone,
I'm kind of new here. Hardly take part of any discussion here, but I do regularly follow each and everyone's comments and try to educate my knowledge on US Immigration stuff. Although I'm not DV winner, neither I think I'll win ever...lol

After reading Mr. Mohim's story, I can't resist myself to comment here. I do agree with what Mr. Zahidal has said. Well, I've read DV instruction thoroughly and could able to find out the following in FAQ:

WHAT OCCUPATIONS QUALIFY FOR THE DV PROGRAM??
To determine eligibility based on work experience, definitions from the Department of Labor’s (DOL) O*Net OnLine database will be used. The O*Net Online Database groups job experience into five “job zones.” While many occupations are listed on the DOL Website, only certain specified occupations qualify for the DV Program. To qualify for a DV on the basis of your work experience, you must have, within the past five years, two years of experience in an occupation that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher.

Now the question is whether Mr. Mohim's work experiences must comply with Job Zone 4 & 5. I did some research on both Carpenter and Plumber, unfortunately both were fallen into Job Zone 2-3 and SVP range less than 6.

I'm totally sympathize with Mr. Mohim's situation. As a fellow citizen of BD, we understand his emotion, his dream to get settled in one of the richest country of the world where all his dream may come true, but in practically, I don't think the US visa officer (especially our countryman) will be able to read his inner emotion/dreams.

Best wishes to everyone who are desperately awaiting for visa decision and also those will appear in coming future including Mr. Mohim too. I hope the more interesting issues will raise and I may further enhance my knowledge from here. Good Luck :)
hi sifu,well said,comletely agree with u.getting visa based on work experience is very rare in us embsy dhka.even complicated and our impression goes against us.so with all the respect to mr.mohim and my other friends i would suggest to use logic rather than emotion. Thanks

hi sifu,well said,comletely agree with u.getting visa based on work experience is very rare in us embsy dhka.even complicated and our impression goes against us.so with all the respect to mr.mohim and my other friends i would suggest to use logic rather than emotion. Thanks

hi lala12,
hope you can advise me :
I have a dual citizenship (french and canadian ). My DV visa ll be stamped on one of my passports. I ll be called to show both of them at the interview in us embassy. I want the CO to put the visa in my french passport, not in my canadian`s.
Do you think i could face some denial ?
Do you think CO could get mad of me because of that request ?
Is it risky to make such request ?
I need some advices please ............................................

Ok Friends I took yours advice.

Now can any one explain me why KKC Give Mr. Mohim the 2nd letter? What logic was work To His case? Mr. mohim Did not gave any wrong information's on his papers.

zahid

Ok Friends I took yours advice.

Now can any one explain me why KKC Give Mr. Mohim the 2nd letter? What logic was work To His case? Mr. mohim Did not gave any wrong information's on his papers.

zahid

Zahid bhai,
KCC maybe not realised that "for bangladeshi people no need exprience with plumber.so, they issued 2ndNL. But embassy will be verify applicants qualification"

And as I know when a winer sent his DSP-122,DS-230(Apply for visa)to KCC,then KCC must issue 2nd NL. But related CO or embassy check his docs. & qualification.

I also heared that,dhaka embassy only issue visa with exprience catagory if any one have nurssing exprience. Because the Dhaka embassy well known that only nurssing occupation need 2 years traning.
so, all the best.

Each and every 1st letter receiver of DV cases must get the 2nd letter who sends the DSP-122 and DS-230 forms. Its not the job of KCC to determine eligibility or to authorize anything, they just process the case for a interview schedule. Thats it. Have u ever seen a person , who get 1st letter but didnt get 2nd letter?

Isssues related with eligibility, education, work experience, photo requirement, relationship, identity all of these would be only verified by the MIGHTY counselor of the embassy.

Have you read the story of DV 2012 quoted by one of our friends Tuluwalase from Wall street journal ? This year among the 14 million applicants of DV 2012 only Bangladeshi applicants were 7.67 million whereas the second largest are Nigerians with only 1.4 mil? Is it believeable? Out of 20 Bangladeshi one is HSC pass ? This is simply the greedyness of our so called DV Visa processors who lured everyone to participate in the program, whether he/ she has eligibility or not.

I think among the 7.67 million applicants only 2 million has the required eligibility. We have to keep in mind, DV cases of 2001 and 2011 are not same. The rules have been tougher day by day. Thus you may find a person went to US on DV visa 1997 with only class 8 pass, but now it is simply impossible.Even in OP-1 cases no photo was required . Now a days??? you see the importance of photo ID!!!!

I dont like to discourage anyone like Mr. Mohim. But i think , he should came to know all the rules, then the decision is upon him.

Mr. dadadada72,
I think you should provide the passport of that country which you mentioned as your birth country or country of chargeability in the EDV form. Any other passport may consufe them. Better to discuss the issue with the embassy prior to your interview.

hi all. hope all r fine.

just now , i read some thread of dv 2010. one person called from embassy after 5 months from his interview date. so don't worry. everything ll be fine.

hope for the best.

@nadia.

Nadia!
Its near about 2 months of my interview. No call from embassy. But after reading your post, I feel better.
I am just waiting, don't know what will happen lastly.
-Sabrina

hi all. hope all r fine.

just now , i read some thread of dv 2010. one person called from embassy after 5 months from his interview date. so don't worry. everything ll be fine.

hope for the best.

@nadia.