• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

hello razib009,

The fees is 57086/- taka (with 500 taka bank charge) per person.
Standard Chartered Bank
Visa Fees Collection Center
North Gulshan Dhaka (Beside Pakistan Embassy)

You can also pay your fees at us embassy on your interview date before interview .

Zahid

hello Zahid

Thanks a lot for ur reply, i am very much glad to know about the information u provide for me. so could u plz confirm me that these are the whole required papers for dv 2011 interview what i mentioned on my previous massage and including Id cards and marriage photo etc

do i need 2 submit only the main copy or i hav 2 submit notarized copy too.

or i Hav 2 submit the both plz mentioned me clearly..... thanks again.

Dear sporsho

Yes, you have to submit both of your docs. in one file take the original docs in another file take the translate notarized photocopy docs.
Have u complete your medical? if not do it before interview, take the medical receipt with your docs, 2 photographs, dv second letter, visa fees receipt .
please read our interview experience in previous pages also read rony85, nightingle, subrina's dv experience , those will be more helpful for u.

thank u
zahid

"THEY WANT TO STOP DV-LOTTERY"

Critics say the program poses security risks, lures uneducated immigrants and enables individuals with no connection to the U.S. to get into the country more quickly than those sponsored by relatives and employers.
"More and more people are learning about this program and are dumbfounded that we have it in the first place," said Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R., Va.), who has introduced legislation to abolish it. "Our chances have never been better to kill it," he added, following his party's successes in the midterm elections and amid high unemployment in the U.S.

Although the program accounts for a small percentage of the million or so legal immigrants who enter the U.S. each year, critics say it diverts scarce State Department resources from processing more important visa categories.

"It shows that the U.S. immigration system doesn't make sense," said Bernard Wolfsdorf, an immigration attorney. "We are allocating visas based on luck instead of knowledge."
Rep. Goodlatte of Virginia and others also voice concern that the program is inviting to terrorists, because people don't need to prove they have ties to the U.S. and are guaranteed permanent residency, which allows them to get almost any job—even handling explosives.

THE REASONS FOR PROPOSING TO STOP DV
Hesham Mohammed Ali Hedayet, an Egyptian who killed two people at an El Al airline counter in Los Angeles in 2002, was able to remain in the U.S. after overstaying his visitor's visa because his wife won the green-card lottery.
The State Department said those who get in through the lottery are subjected to the same stringent security review as other visa applicants.
Margaret Stock, a retired West Point professor who studies immigration and defense, said terrorists wouldn't be stopped by abolishing the program. "The DV lottery is not any more susceptible to terrorism than other visa programs," Lt. Col. Stock said.
Egyptian-born Mohammed Atta, one of the hijackers in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, entered the green-card lottery at least once, according to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. He never won a spot in the lottery, and eventually came to the U.S. on a business-visitor visa instead.
Fraud is another challenge. The fervor for a shot at the American Dream prompted one Bangladeshi man to submit 2,800 entries, the State Department said; just one entry per year is allowed. Fake marriages, between a winner and a stranger, are common, too.
But if an entrant is disqualified one year, he or she can still enter the next year.
"All is forgiven, it's a new lottery," said one U.S. official.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...98.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

Quo-vadis!

toluwalase,
Thanks for your information.

The lottery is an option for any individual who wants or needs to emigrate. It's free, and people with or without money have an equal chance. It gives opportunities to individuals who cannot afford a visa (i.e. business, special talents, investor). Obviously it is frustrating entering year after year, but if you win, the happiness can be great.
There are many reasons for proposing to stop DV. But we, Bangladeshi people, will always want it. Because it is the greatest opportunity for the unable people to be a green card holder of USA that can change the life. It's a matter of luck indeed. The critics will say their words, there are many reasonable causes for proposing to stop DV. And, we will want DV, cause it shows us the dream of USA. Maybe somebody don't know what it means to be in the USA. It's a blessed nation despite what you may think, because you are there, taking things for granted like having clean water, good roads and plenty of foods. I would like to have a green card to work and change my life in America.
-Sabrina

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a proposal, and if today US government wants to consider this, then most probably they will take any action after the fiscal year 2012 cause DV lottery program for the year of 2012 has already been started and closed by now. However, more than 14 million people entered in that lottery program and KCC have received the information from all over the world. After reading the news, feeling sad but it is true and they have precisely made it legitimate. There's nothing to say about it or argue with it.

Did you guys look on the bar chart from that news post?
Number of entrant for the DV lottery program of 2012 from Bangladesh is 7.67 million. That's insanely huge whereas no any other country, not even a bit closer! WOW! We are flood-prone people but we have got the guts to go anyway. It's not shame that our people want to be a part of this lottery program but fraud challenges? 2,800 entries from one person? Were s/he gone mad? Like this one (or few) we are all blamed today! That's the real shame! I'd rather call it's our bad luck! :( Whoever did this or was a part of this illness, for Christ lord, DO NOT DO ANY FRAUD!

So far as I know, CO's are giving our selectees a horrible timing and they are verifying information as much as they need except few one. On the other hand, the winners from other regions like EU, AU has already started their lives in the United States. Anyways, I hope our selectees will not get that much bent out of their shape, since our country is still under suspicious rumor, so I guess it will take some more time. There's nothing to worry about if you show the integrity and being honest!

I wish you all a very good luck, be blessed!

"THEY WANT TO STOP DV-LOTTERY"

Critics say the program poses security risks, lures uneducated immigrants and enables individuals with no connection to the U.S. to get into the country more quickly than those sponsored by relatives and employers.
"More and more people are learning about this program and are dumbfounded that we have it in the first place," said Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R., Va.), who has introduced legislation to abolish it. "Our chances have never been better to kill it," he added, following his party's successes in the midterm elections and amid high unemployment in the U.S.

Although the program accounts for a small percentage of the million or so legal immigrants who enter the U.S. each year, critics say it diverts scarce State Department resources from processing more important visa categories.

"It shows that the U.S. immigration system doesn't make sense," said Bernard Wolfsdorf, an immigration attorney. "We are allocating visas based on luck instead of knowledge."
Rep. Goodlatte of Virginia and others also voice concern that the program is inviting to terrorists, because people don't need to prove they have ties to the U.S. and are guaranteed permanent residency, which allows them to get almost any job—even handling explosives.

THE REASONS FOR PROPOSING TO STOP DV
Hesham Mohammed Ali Hedayet, an Egyptian who killed two people at an El Al airline counter in Los Angeles in 2002, was able to remain in the U.S. after overstaying his visitor's visa because his wife won the green-card lottery.
The State Department said those who get in through the lottery are subjected to the same stringent security review as other visa applicants.
Margaret Stock, a retired West Point professor who studies immigration and defense, said terrorists wouldn't be stopped by abolishing the program. "The DV lottery is not any more susceptible to terrorism than other visa programs," Lt. Col. Stock said.
Egyptian-born Mohammed Atta, one of the hijackers in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, entered the green-card lottery at least once, according to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. He never won a spot in the lottery, and eventually came to the U.S. on a business-visitor visa instead.
Fraud is another challenge. The fervor for a shot at the American Dream prompted one Bangladeshi man to submit 2,800 entries, the State Department said; just one entry per year is allowed. Fake marriages, between a winner and a stranger, are common, too.
But if an entrant is disqualified one year, he or she can still enter the next year.
"All is forgiven, it's a new lottery," said one U.S. official.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...98.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

Quo-vadis!

hello Zahid vi

Dear sporsho

Yes, you have to submit both of your docs. in one file take the original docs in another file take the translate notarized photocopy docs.
Have u complete your medical? if not do it before interview, take the medical receipt with your docs, 2 photographs, dv second letter, visa fees receipt .
please read our interview experience in previous pages also read rony85, nightingle, subrina's dv experience , those will be more helpful for u.

thank u
zahid

thanks for ur helpful information, i read ur post on 29th October 2010 03:49 AM where u described ur interview experience there i found one new thing called the additional questionnaire paper, so i want to ask u what is it.
1. what is the additional questionnaire paper? and how could we get it before they ask for it?
2. i should hav 2 submit notarized photocopy or only photocopy of my docs is acceptable ?
3. 2 required photographs size is passport size or dv size plz mention me specifically.
4. plz tell me anything u want what could be helpful for interview.

thanks again , and wish ur all the best for tomorrow hope u must get it.

Dear sporsho,
Thank u very much.
Follow the link u will get the Form.http://http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/uploads/images/Iz09z0sQB_nwX-KzTg35yw/Additional_Questionnaire_Form_for_IV.pdf
http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/uploads/...35yw/Additional_Questionnaire_Form_for_IV.pdf
i submitted notarized photocopy . it is not mandatory , only photocopy also be acceptable i think. But Translate notarize doc should be attach with the photocopy.
actually i bring 2 dv size phonograph each of my family but the officer asked for 1 copy photograph.
please call at embassy phone the automated answer machine also will guide u which docs u have to bring before interview , u will find the phone no at web site of Dhaka us embassy

Zahid

Dear Bangladeshi,
December Buletin is out few days ago. Again disappointed for its cut-off No. Because of for january 2011 cutoff number is only 13,300. But I hope, I will be current in march 2011. Bcoz, (see the asump)

As I know in asia's highest case no.48000(in srilanka) or 50,000
If we calculate with 48000 then case pending (48,000-13,300= 34,700) But
Month pending Sept.-jan=8 month. So, 34,700/8 = 4375 (May be)
So, in march 13,300+4375=17675 (feb)+4375=22,050. I/we hope it will be current in March, But my case is lower than 19000.

I wish every sucsess!!!! for forum members.

Thanks to all & take care.

Dear sporsho,
Thank u very much.
Follow the link u will get the Form.http://http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/uploads/images/Iz09z0sQB_nwX-KzTg35yw/Additional_Questionnaire_Form_for_IV.pdf
http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/uploads/...35yw/Additional_Questionnaire_Form_for_IV.pdf
i submitted notarized photocopy . it is not mandatory , only photocopy also be acceptable i think. But Translate notarize doc should be attach with the photocopy.
actually i bring 2 dv size phonograph each of my family but the officer asked for 1 copy photograph.
please call at embassy phone the automated answer machine also will guide u which docs u have to bring before interview , u will find the phone no at web site of Dhaka us embassy

Zahid

Dear Zahid,
I have a quastion, about Additional Questionnaire,
1)When an aplicant need Additional Questionnaire ?
A) At time of interview at embassy to cosular with all other papers.(although they don't to see it) or
B) After Interview when they want it to see.
Please Replay!

Dear Bangladeshi,
December Buletin is out few days ago. Again disappointed for its cut-off No. Because of for january 2011 cutoff number is only 13,300. But I hope, I will be current in march 2011. Bcoz, (see the asump)

As I know in asia's highest case no.48000(in srilanka) or 50,000
If we calculate with 48000 then case pending (48,000-13,300= 34,700) But
Month pending Sept.-jan=8 month. So, 34,700/8 = 4375 (May be)
So, in march 13,300+4375=17675 (feb)+4375=22,050. I/we hope it will be current in March, But my case is lower than 19000.

I wish every sucsess!!!! for forum members.

Thanks to all & take care.

i think your calculation is very much practical and right. Your calculation can give us at least an idea of our interview. Well done kabir.

Dear friends,
Whay all are cooooooooool.
Come on this forum, & be regular,
we are looking for you our valuable friend : amit, lipna,feel,suhrid.suhrid, gm.nayan. Zahidal, Mehedee, ttania, sstric36, himaloy,rony1985, Nightingle, sabrina, you are our old foramites, we (who r wit for 2NL/Interview) are looking for you in here. also thanks who are already regular, and some new member are activate in here they are WELL COME.

I requeist to all. Plz come on this forum, when you come here plz sign in & at least give us a wish......
all the best.

Dear Zahid,
I have a quastion, about Additional Questionnaire,
1)When an aplicant need Additional Questionnaire ?
A) At time of interview at embassy to cosular with all other papers.(although they don't to see it) or
B) After Interview when they want it to see.
Please Replay!

after end f our interview , the officer asked me had i fill-up the the additional questionnaire paper, i replied no. then the officer gave me the paper and said fill-up the paper and drop that on door no 3 with others docs. so what do u think?

zahid

First day of U.S. Fiscal Year (FY 20XX): October 1, 2009 (FY 2010)
First day to file registration: October 2, 2009
Last day to file registration: November 30, 2009
First day the KCC starts mailing notifications to winners: May 1, 2010
Last day online status checking is available for previous lottery: June 30, 2010
First day online status checking is available for current lottery: July 1, 2010
Last day the KCC mails winning notifications: July 1, 2010
First day the KCC accepts emails at kccdv@state.gov regarding winner status: August 1, 2010
Last day of U.S. Fiscal Year: September 30, 2010
First day of next U.S. Fiscal Year: October 1, 2010 (FY 2011)
Winners interviews begin at U.S. Consulates and Embassies:October 1, 2010
Last day online status checking is available for current lottery: April 30, 2011
Last day to receive a permanent resident visa: September 30, 2011
Last day of U.S. Fiscal Year: September 30, 2011
Last day to enter U.S. (6 months after receiving visa): March 31, 2012

Hi all. hope all r doing good.

today we went embassy, and then they gave us BLUE SHEET which is written by "Additional Processing............", call us when they ll receive the result. so??????????????................

Nadia.

Nadia!
Now the time is for waiting.
-Sabrina

Hi all. hope all r doing good.

today we went embassy, and then they gave us BLUE SHEET which is written by "Additional Processing............", call us when they ll receive the result. so??????????????................

Nadia.

First day of U.S. Fiscal Year (FY 20XX): October 1, 2009 (FY 2010)
First day to file registration: October 2, 2009
Last day to file registration: November 30, 2009
First day the KCC starts mailing notifications to winners: May 1, 2010
Last day online status checking is available for previous lottery: June 30, 2010
First day online status checking is available for current lottery: July 1, 2010
Last day the KCC mails winning notifications: July 1, 2010
First day the KCC accepts emails at kccdv@state.gov regarding winner status: August 1, 2010
Last day of U.S. Fiscal Year: September 30, 2010
First day of next U.S. Fiscal Year: October 1, 2010 (FY 2011)
Winners interviews begin at U.S. Consulates and Embassies:October 1, 2010
Last day online status checking is available for current lottery: April 30, 2011
Last day to receive a permanent resident visa: September 30, 2011
Last day of U.S. Fiscal Year: September 30, 2011
Last day to enter U.S. (6 months after receiving visa): March 31, 2012

What does it mean ?

Nadia

hi all forum friends

please give your opinion about this dv case.

in my postal area after July 2010 three person got dv first latter (got information from postman) me,a women and a carpenter . one middle of Jun a person call me at first he apologized to disturb me then he said , he got my cell no from my postman and he got dv letter ,he has a job in a construction company, he requested me to check his ds-230 papers , i called him to come to my office in the evening he came to my office with his papers , he said all his paper fill-up by his office boss, i saw those paper was fill-up properly . He said he is married and his wife is pregnant. he got marry before got the first letter . he used his wife name in his ds-230 paper but did not give any details information . i asked why . he said one of his boss who got dv earlier now living USA forbidden him to do that. so post to kcc with only his information. Look Friends,

* His education Qualification class 8 pass
* By Profession carpenter experience more than 10 years
* Can Not read or write English
* He registered dv as single After registration he got married but Did not gave detail information of his spouse in ds-230 paper

He said he will call me if he get the second letter . His name Mohim.

on 21st November MR. Mohim call on my cell and said he got the second letter, on 28th December his interview , he asked me is he eligible for the interview ,because he is confused about his education qualification , he requested me to know the perfect information ?

so friend's what is the suggestion of your? the visa fee is a big deal for this man. please help me to make a good suggestion for this simple man.

Can he give interview on his work qualification's ?

Zahid

hi all forum friends

in my postal area after July 2010 three person got dv first latter (got information from postman) me,a women and a carpenter . one middle of Jun a person call me at first he apologized to disturb me then he said , he got my cell no from my postman and he got dv letter ,he has a job in a construction company, he requested me to check his ds-230 papers , i called him to come to my office in the evening he came to my office with his papers , he said all his paper fill-up by his office boss, i saw those paper was fill-up properly . He said he is married and his wife is pregnant. he got marry before got the first letter . he used his wife name in his ds-230 paper but did not give any details information . i asked why . he said one of his boss who got dv earlier now living USA forbidden him to do that. so post to kcc with only his information. Look Friends,

* He registered dv as single After registration he got married but Did not gave detail information of his spouse in ds-230 paper

on 21st November MR. Mohim call on my cell and said he got the second letter, on 28th December his interview , he asked me is he eligible for the interview ,because he is confused about his education qualification , he requested me to know the perfect information ?

so friend's what is the suggestion of your? the visa fee is a big deal for this man. please help me to make a good suggestion for this simple man.

Zahid

Zahid Bhai,

I think he willbe Refused!
Because his qualification is not enough for DV.2nd, "carpenter experience" experience is not eonugh to get a visa. As I know, Bangladeshi's are not got any visa in work experience catagory.
I have a experience about this:
My cusin got 1st NL in 1999.Then dv was hand written. So, he apply with my name, and got 1st nl. his certificate name was not mach, then he show automobile experience but embassy refused him at the frist time of interview.

Also I know in BD no visa will be issue with work experience.Even all lawer refused at frist time.
so, I think he will be refuse!!!!
THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPENION

Its really tuff to give an exact suggestion.

Who knows we will get DV, its totally depends of luck. Mohim also a lucky winner, he build many dreams around with DV. How can u say him, he will refuced.
I understood Mr. Mohim situations, he can earn Money whole life but not get chance to go US ever. My suggestion is, as he got 2NL, so Lets move him, he get a chance to make his life,. Its a 50/50 chance whether he will get or not.

Many wishes for Mohim

hi all forum friends

Zahid