• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

Dear Nazdv

Hi @ttania!
As I know DSP from send with the page of CN where the Bar code which was we get in 1st NL. But u has done twice!! How?
Another also happened to me, my birth place……. that still I am in confusion. So nothing we have to do now….Only one thing we have to see, what is next?
And when u get 2NL plz share, coz Ur CN close to My CN.

Yes, you are right, KCC provide only one copy of that Bar code sheet with the 1st NL.

During filling up my DSP forms I've made some major mistakes. For the alleviation, I made a call to KCC then they ensured me if it's minor mistakes then I could correct it via email, if it's major or more than 2 or 3 mistakes then you could re-sent the forms. They were very generous to me. So, I sent the forms again in 15th Oct 2010 and they've received by 18th Oct 2010. And yes, I scanned that bar code sheet earlier, that's why I had it (though it won't be necessary as well as photographs since they already have them, so only forms will be okay that's what they said).

I don't know keep calling/emailing them and resending the forms made me light(fraud) to them or not. I just did it for my mental alleviation.

About my birth place, that irresponsibility still killing me inside, whatever, now I can recall my birth place what I exactly put in the original entry form but I won't correct it by now cause I issued my birth certificate from my home district and that's what I put later form processing, if I got 2nd NL and they give me a chance to clarify, hopefully I could make them understand. But still, selectees are getting rejected for silly mistakes, so I'm just keeping my hopes down.

@Nazdv: Certainly, I will keep writing here, if I get any update from KCC. But I think you will get the letter before mine, cause I re-sent the forms, so my visa continuation processing will be delayed Or it could be rejected, don't know yet.

@rony1985: Sorry to hear that. May Allah bless his departed soul.

Thanks to all. Be blessed.

Mr. Win DV, Sabrina and all my friends,

This forum has been very active on different issues, thats very nice. Now the question has been arised, whether we should move to US or not?

I didnt win DV, but trying for it for the last 14 yrs. I will surely go there, bcos to me US is the land of opportunities. Its provides the hardworking, meritorius people the best reward in the world. So large a country, so much resources.....thats the reason for which even a Japani or German person participate in DV process. Its our drawback that, Bengal guys never even thouhgt of immigration even before 40 yrs back. But the history of the world is the history of immigration...its a very normal process. Normally the rule is that, you shouldnt migrate singly to anywhere, it will give u lots of pain. Rather migrate with ur family, with ur friends , if possible with a large group of people. This rule was followed by the Iris,English, German, Italian,Spanish, Mexican,Indian,chinese to the US , Canada and Australia. Thats why these ethnic groups are so powerfull in these countries. They migrated with a ship full of all the villagemen.They worked hard and established in these countries. Have we ever tried to migrate by this way? This is the reason for why we feel so much helpless in abroad. But the races i mentioned feel very comfortable due to strong bond in the community.

Now the question is why a Bangladeshi should try for immigration? A person who had a little experience of travelling any developed country will surely realize that. 160 ml of people is such a small country, lack of commitment of politicians, pollution, poor quality of life, risk in all the moments( just watch out the incident of Kathalbagan Highrise building), future life of children... so many things. If you are a billioneer u cant skip these all. Thats why children of billioners are brought up in US, Australia. Just think, Where a meritorious Bangladeshi physicist will get scope to do research on landing on a Planet? Where a Mr F R khan will get the opportunity to build Sears Tower? Is it possible here in Bangladesh? Thats not the fault of my motherland. This is our fate. My life is very precious to me, so i think of better life, thats why i think for immigration.

A Brother of my friend went to US 20 yrs back at the age of 20. Studied there. Now he his one of the best programmar in IBM.Takes salary quarter millionn dollar/yr. He has made is dream true. All of us have the same dream, but we all are not standing on the same soil. U go there, do study, get a good job then make ur life. Doing all the odd jobs or driving taxi for the whole life cannt ensure ur better life . The choice is yours.

Sorry to be toooo long......... But i like to participate in such debates.......!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys & gals....

please stop tossing post on this IMMIGRATION issue... the bottom line is all of us want better life.. So please help each other and pray for each other...

Wish you all the very best in your life :)

It will be more helpful if we share and help each other only about our DV experience , DV related questions, information's etc.

Thanks to all .

Md. Zahid Rassul

Hello Everybody,

I'm Zahid, last 20th October we were interviewed (me,Nadia and my son Nuvin). On that time Visa officer want more photo Id's of mine. I gave that 24th Oct and they gave me a slip, to come on 4th November to review our case.

On 4th nov at 2.30 pm a lady voice asked us to come door no 8, a Bangladeshi lady officer was their, I went their with my family, the officer told us ,it is not mandatory to come with full family, any of one (absolutely not my son he is only 4, just kidding !) can come. Again a blue sheet on her hand and want more photo id of my wife.We took that paper and their was attended to Nadia saifur, to need photo id, in this time they did not remark any of the lines on that paper.

I told her we have the photo id's of my wife, can we drop those in that time? the lady said 1 id is not enough , i said we have 3 id's, then she go into door 6th officer, after few minutes she come back and said it was not possible on that day to received those id's. She requested us to drop at door 3 on next day .

On 7th nov Nadia dropped her photo id's with our 3 passport's. A Bangladeshi Lady officer kept those doc. She gave her a slip their only printed Date & Time '24th NOV' she told her anyone of our can come on that date.

So this is the last status of our dv case. Thank's To all.

Md.Zahid Rassul

Hello Nadia/Zahid,
Thanks for sharing ur experience. I think the embassy is positive about issuing you the visa, that's why they ask you again & again for Id cards. As they didn't remmark other lines of the paper, I think you are in safe condition. From the past histiry of DV, as I knew, when embassy ask you again & again for an specific document (for your case- ID cards only), then it is clear - if you can prove the document the visa will be issued.
Wish you the best of luck.
-Sabrina

Zahid,
I think so, we should share only DV experience. And I also think if somebody likes to participate in such debates (IMMIGRATION) he/she should be on the debate ground.
-Sabrina

hello every one
can any one help me for my query about regis card.
one of my relative get dv 2011. when he applied for dv he wrote his wife's date of birth is 1988 but her SSC registraion card have 1990 now what will he do.embassy needs no changes about photo id card. so pls help me to know about this. its very urgent

cn 2011AS00010***

Thanks Zahidal,

Sorry to the make the issue as debate. Actually i thought the issue is interesting , thats why i participated in it.You know, all of us gathered here to help each other, to guide , to share , as if all of us get success, thats it. And we are doing so....

Sabrina, i think you should not advise anyone what he should do, or where to post something. Everyone is matured enough and knows well what to do or not.
We all are here to help each other, politeness is extremely expected.

Polash

Date of birth in regis card should be the same as in SSC certificate. So its a clear mistake in the EDV form. You have to show both the regis card and ssc certificate during the interview. Now if u skip the regis card, what about ssc certificate? You should clarify it, before you need further advice......

If winner is the husband than he may claim her wife as uneducated, as there are mistakes. But as he already sent the DS-230 forms describing details of her wife , what can be done?

Nadia and Zahid bhai
What time is it mentioned in the token? I am confident you are going to get it........

Rony,
When are you going to fly? Where will you go , Chicago or NY?

Nightingle
her husband win dv.she has no certificate bcz she failled to pass the ssc exam. now pls tell me what he will do.she has only regis and admit card not others.

cn 2011as00010***

Polash512

I think its better not to use the regis and admin cards. Ask your friend to tell during interview that she hasn't completed school and make a birth certificate with date that he mentioned in EDV form.

Nightingle!
Please don't comment wrongly. I didn't advice anyone about immigration matter. I just said, a genius person can prove him/herself anywhere, country doesn't matter.

"The following writing is yours:
If you are a billioneer ............... so i think of better life, thats why i think for immigration."

"Normally the rule is that, you shouldnt ............ races i mentioned feel very comfortable due to strong bond in the community."

Take care.
-Sabrina

Dear Polash512,
As I have known, it is not mandatory to be educated the dependants. That means, if the principal applicant can fulfill the educational requirement, then no problem. The DOB of your relative's wife filled up 1990 in Edv form. I think your relative should not submit such papers where her DOB is other than that.
-Sabrina

"when he applied for dv he wrote his wife's date of birth is 1988 but her SSC registraion card have 1990"
cn 2011AS00010***[/QUOTE]

thanx zahidal and sabrina

now tell me that i m in dubai and i m here from july 2008 to till now. for dubai living what paper's required for me. i have collect pc from dubai police.work experience cert and salary cert from dubai govt (dubai electricity and water authority) is this enough for me or i collect another paper.is it madatory to attached these paper from bangladesh consulate. all these paper i collect in english
how many days before i will get my second letter (before interview)
can any one give othr online address where should i cheak that my cn will be current in my email addr
polash512@yahoo.com

CN 2011AS00010***

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 20,900 Except: Egypt 16,000
Ethiopia 13,200
Nigeria 12,100
ASIA 13,300
EUROPE 15,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 6
OCEANIA 775
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

Thanks Sabrina , Nightingle And Others for well wishing . On 24th Nov Our Time IS 1 P.M

Mr. Hymaloy What happened about your case ?

Md. Zahid Rassul

Polash,

Its better to consult with US embassy dubai, what type of documents exactly needed for DV cases.
This year for DV 2011, photo ID card is very important specially for persons who didnt pass ssc or who doesnt have ssc or hsc regis card with photo. For the safety of your mentioned case, she should collect photo ID card other than regis card. This should be issued at least 2 yrs ago. If she doesnt have any ID card then wedding photos, letters etc should provide. But at least search for ID cards............

Nightingle
no us consulate in dubai. only abu dhabi.i cheaked it online and found it which documents rqr for uae nationals.