• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from asia only

Hi everybody!

I am from Nepal. I received my NL1 in the last week of May.

I was quite excited but the excitement died out when I learned about my case number. It's very high: 2011AS00042XXX.

Do you think I have any chances of getting the second letter? Please post your experience. I have yet to return the forms and photos. I want your suggestions before I send it.

Thank you.

Hi samfromnp,

Yes your number is high. But I would suggest you to continue with this process and never lose hope. If you go though the visa bulletins for last couple of years then you will find that the cutoff date got 'CURRENT' in July/August. So in that case everybody can have chance to get the GC.

So don't miss this opportunity and go for it.

Hi samfromnp,

Yes your number is high. But I would suggest you to continue with this process and never lose hope. If you go though the visa bulletins for last couple of years then you will find that the cutoff date got 'CURRENT' in July/August. So in that case everybody can have chance to get the GC.

That's right Zahidal. this year 2010 it will be September, isn't it.
I am waiting to see what the cutoff CN is.
But I am actually interested to know whether it becomes CURRENT in previous years running out the allocated visas or CNs. issued

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you...

Hi samfromnp,

Thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate it very much. Should I send the forms by myself or should I seek professional help. I know the forms are not a big deal but I don't want to make mistakes.

Thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate it very much. Should I send the forms by myself or should I seek professional help. I know the forms are not a big deal but I don't want to make mistakes.

Don't be in the assumption that professionals know it all, most don't even know the process for DV and I am aware of one case in 2010 in which the lawyer screwed up the case big time. I would advise you to do your homework, read the 2010 AOS only forum (if you are doing AOS).

Hi Izzy120,

Thank you for your reply. I am in Nepal so I have to do CP.

I am just confused about some points. I have experience in computer fields but I have not worked in a single office for more than six months. I have always changed my job because I keep getting better offers. Its because of that I cannot write my work experience. What can I do? The office that I am currently working has offered to show my experience from the last year. Is that ok?

Please guide me.

Hi Izzy120,

Thank you for your reply. I am in Nepal so I have to do CP.

I am just confused about some points. I have experience in computer fields but I have not worked in a single office for more than six months. I have always changed my job because I keep getting better offers. Its because of that I cannot write my work experience. What can I do? The office that I am currently working has offered to show my experience from the last year. Is that ok?

Please guide me.

samfromnp,
my assumption that you being an IT professional would mean that you probably have the sufficient number of years of education to qualify. there are 2 ways to qualify - have more than 12 years of education or work that requires you to have had 2 years of trg. so you should not have a problem. if you are querying about filling in the form with all the companies you work for, i suggest by doing it chronologically till you run out of space and attach a separate sheet for the rest. i understand you perfectly! i have worked in IT for 20 years and have also gone thru many companies.

good luck.

samfromnp,
my assumption that you being an IT professional would mean that you probably have the sufficient number of years of education to qualify. there are 2 ways to qualify - have more than 12 years of education or work that requires you to have had 2 years of trg. so you should not have a problem. if you are querying about filling in the form with all the companies you work for, i suggest by doing it chronologically till you run out of space and attach a separate sheet for the rest. i understand you perfectly! i have worked in IT for 20 years and have also gone thru many companies.

good luck.

I completed my 12th grade with very good marks and joined Computer Engineering after one and half years. I was not satisfied with the way they taught so after 2 years, I dropped from college. I have worked in more than 4 companies since I dropped from college, but I did not work for more than six months in any of the company.

It is my understanding that I should work at least 6 months to show my experience from a particular company. The company I am presently working has agreed to show experience for 1 and half years. What should I do?

Will it hamper my case if I am a college drop out?

I completed my 12th grade with very good marks and joined Computer Engineering after one and half years. I was not satisfied with the way they taught so after 2 years, I dropped from college. I have worked in more than 4 companies since I dropped from college, but I did not work for more than six months in any of the company.

It is my understanding that I should work at least 6 months to show my experience from a particular company. The company I am presently working has agreed to show experience for 1 and half years. What should I do?

Will it hamper my case if I am a college drop out?

samfromnp,
by finishing 12th grade and finishing 1.5 years of college, you have 13.5 years of education. that qualifies you. but do you have documentary proof that you did 1.5 years in college? although you did not get your degree, did you get a leaving certificate or some proof (transcripts) that you completed 1.5 years in that college. if you haven't got it, i suggest getting it. you will need to show proof of that. uscis will take into consideration either your education or work experience as qualifying criteria. not both. so in your case, it will be education. you needn't worry too much about your short stints in the companies. if you have completed any computer-related courses in the course of your work you may want to include that too. it may help strengthen your case.

samfromnp,
by finishing 12th grade and finishing 1.5 years of college, you have 13.5 years of education. that qualifies you. but do you have documentary proof that you did 1.5 years in college? although you did not get your degree, did you get a leaving certificate or some proof (transcripts) that you completed 1.5 years in that college. if you haven't got it, i suggest getting it. you will need to show proof of that. uscis will take into consideration either your education or work experience as qualifying criteria. not both. so in your case, it will be education. you needn't worry too much about your short stints in the companies. if you have completed any computer-related courses in the course of your work you may want to include that too. it may help strengthen your case.

leongsce,

Thank you for your kind reply. I have transcripts that show that I have done 1.5 years. But, should I mention this in my forms now? Because, the form asks to mention only the qualification I have *completed*, I may not be able to mention my bachelors having no intention to pursue it further.

I have thought of not mentioning the incomplete degree as well as my experience. Is that OK?

Hi Bookish,

I've found this forum helpful.

I also will graduate from my school this December due to skipping one whole semester. I'm thinking of applying for OPT as well. I just talked to my school.

For address changes, I called KCC one day explained that I have different addresses (from my actual one) because I used my friend's when I entered the DV. The officer told me that it won't be matterat all.

And also somewhere in the instruction of I-485, I think, I encountered one states that you have to inform NVC or USCIS about your address changes.

Hi Longsce,

I have a question for you. You stated that "for me i will go for the 90 day interpretation." Does this mean you would submit your I-485 90 days prior your case current? I have a friend who won 2009 DV, he submit his 90 days prior his case became current. He received his GC in the end of the month his CN became current. Well, he did AOS. However, there are suggestions and advice, and thread that state that some cases rejected when filing earlier than the current CN. I am in a complete limbo state of mind. I don't know which step to take.

Thank you!

leongsce,

Thank you for your kind reply. I have transcripts that show that I have done 1.5 years. But, should I mention this in my forms now? Because, the form asks to mention only the qualification I have *completed*, I may not be able to mention my bachelors having no intention to pursue it further.

I have thought of not mentioning the incomplete degree as well as my experience. Is that OK?

sanfromnp,
are you doing cp or aos?
yes, i think it is to your advantage if you mention your incomplete education records but i suggest attaching a note to state the fact and if you have good reasons mention it too. i know that it is not considered 'complete', ie, you did not earn a bachelors degree but i don't see any harm in mentioning it.
and yes, work experience does help too. if i were you i will mention all my work experience too. infact, i attached a copy of my resume in my application.

Hi Longsce,

I have a question for you. You stated that "for me i will go for the 90 day interpretation." Does this mean you would submit your I-485 90 days prior your case current? I have a friend who won 2009 DV, he submit his 90 days prior his case became current. He received his GC in the end of the month his CN became current. Well, he did AOS. However, there are suggestions and advice, and thread that state that some cases rejected when filing earlier than the current CN. I am in a complete limbo state of mind. I don't know which step to take.

Thank you!

hi kambo,
what is your cn? if it is low then i suggest you follow what everyone in this forum is saying - apply only when you see your cn becoming current in 'advance notification' in the visa bulletin. my cn only became current in aug. i am at the tail end of the fiscal year, so i don't have the luxury of time. since someone posted a murthy law firm article on '90 days can apply', i went for it. i did not send my application in exactly 90 days but around 60 days. when you see the advance notification in the vb it will be around 50 days. i don't know whether it will make a difference between someone who sends it in within 50 or 60 days. also i think it all depends on the office and the io. i read of people sending it in at more than 90 days ahead and got no problems. like your friend who sent it in 90 days ahead - no problems.
you are a 2011 winner, remember that the 2011 fiscal year does not start till oct 1. so don't apply before that.
hope it helps to clear your mind about how you shd proceed. otherwise post again and we'll try to help.

sanfromnp,
are you doing cp or aos?
yes, i think it is to your advantage if you mention your incomplete education records but i suggest attaching a note to state the fact and if you have good reasons mention it too. i know that it is not considered 'complete', ie, you did not earn a bachelors degree but i don't see any harm in mentioning it.
and yes, work experience does help too. if i were you i will mention all my work experience too. infact, i attached a copy of my resume in my application.

Hi leongsce,

Thank you for your kind reply. I will be doing CP.

I have started a thread on how to correctly fill up the forms. Can you help me out? Other people could also benefit from it.

Cheers!!!

All

Could you please add your CN with last three digit Xed in your signature? It will help us a lot. You can follow my signature that contains more information.

THanks

Anyone else from Kuwait got their NL?

Is there just no point in hoping anymore? I believe we can check our status on the DV-2011 website on July 1...but I've lost hope!

I am WANJIKU NEHEMIAH NJAMBA,from kenya and i am writing this email to to your orgarnisation to confirm if my notification is correct because,i got a notification letter on june this year that i have been selected for DV-2011 Diversity Visa lottery.But after filling my entry status i get a reply that i am not selected.My Confirmation number is 20111L1MGIPUKPPB,Year of birth is 1985.Your assistance is highly appreciated thanks your in advance.

nehemiah

If you got the letter that confirms you are selected then you are 100% selected. There are so many complains about the online status checking system. So don't worry.

Thank you, leongsce, for your sharing information.

Well, my CN is 300xx. It is high. I received my first NL on May 10 letter dated May 3. Sent DSP-122,DS-230, bar code, 2 passport photos, a letter for AOS, a self-sealed envelop, and a fee to KCC on May 18 on a registered mail. KCC received on May 21. KCC return payment due to my address entered DV program is different from my actaul and bank address. So, KCC could not process the cashier's check from my bank. That check was returned with a short notice of letter to pay DOS in MO in the amount of $375.00 if I intend to do AOS or pay all fees at the Embassy in my country if I do CP. I sent $375 to MO on June 11, and DOS received it on June 14. I received a registered US Postal Service Card that I sent to MO on June 17 , and received DOS ($375) receipt on June 28, stamped "PAID ON JUNE 14." I called KCC on a later date in June. An officer told me that they received my document and would process it in 3-4 weeks and instructed to me call back in six weeks. Now I'm waiting.

I'm here on F-1 visa. I will graduate from my school in December 2010 due too skipping one whole semester. Thinking of applying for OPT and find a job in a hospital soon.

By reading this thread, I see that this year winners from our region received high CN.

Wish all the luck for you! Please stay in touch and give and share with us your experience and guides!