• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Thanks ammeck09 and Stonesanjay for your response.

Have got my passport photos ready now. I am currently looking for a sponsor whom I will reside with in US. I am yet to get feedback on a sister of a schoolmate if she is ready to accommodate me and do not know when she will give feedback. Do I just sent the DS 230 form without the address and e-mail the address to KCC later? Looking at past visa bulletins and looking at my case number, I am due for interview in my country in November - December 2011 and I do not want to derail unnecessarily. Kindly advice!

If i sent the DS 230 form without the address of the sponsor, what do I write in Q10 of the DS 230 form where they require one to fill in the permanent address of the place one will be residing in the USA...'N/A' or just live the space blank?

In Q11 of DS 230 form which states; 'address in the United States where you want your Permanent Resident Card |(Green Card) mailed, if different from address item no. 10', do i fill in 'N/A' or just live the space blanK?

Will leaving the address of the sponsor affect the processing of my forms at KCC and visa issuance?

Do i wait for a while for the sponsor to respond (though I am getting anxious)?

Have got my passport photos ready now. I am currently looking for a sponsor whom I will reside with in US. I am yet to get feedback on a sister of a schoolmate if she is ready to accommodate me and do not know when she will give feedback. Do I just sent the DS 230 form without the address and e-mail the address to KCC later? Looking at past visa bulletins and looking at my case number, I am due for interview in my country in November - December 2011 and I do not want to derail unnecessarily. Kindly advice!

If i sent the DS 230 form without the address of the sponsor, what do I write in Q10 of the DS 230 form where they require one to fill in the permanent address of the place one will be residing in the USA...'N/A' or just live the space blank?

In Q11 of DS 230 form which states; 'address in the United States where you want your Permanent Resident Card |(Green Card) mailed, if different from address item no. 10', do i fill in 'N/A' or just live the space blanK?

Will leaving the address of the sponsor affect the processing of my forms at KCC and visa issuance?

I will advise you wait for a while nd keep contacting ur host that u really need her assistance.Like me,we are presently with a family friend that assisted myself nd my wife.

Keep posting so that pple can advise u on wht to do cos the earlier u submit ur form the best.

Cheers!!!!!!

I will advise you wait for a while nd keep contacting ur host that u really need her assistance.Like me,we are presently with a family friend that assisted myself nd my wife.

Keep posting so that pple can advise u on wht to do cos the earlier u submit ur form the best.

Cheers!!!!!!

Okay Stonesanjay. Will wait for a while for the response from the host. I am praying for a quick response from the sponsor. In the mean time I am thoroughly reviewing my application.

I have a few more conserns I need assistance in addressing:
a) I have not been using the cell phone number that I wrote in the dv lottery online application (It has already been disconnected) and have a new cell phone number. Is it okay to write the new cell phone number in DS 230 and DSP 122 form? Will there be any problems at KCC processing or later on during interview the embassy?

b) I am currently working in a job group that has qualifying work experience according to the dv lottery. However, in Q7c. of DSP 122 Form, I can only type the month and year that I started the job in the 'From (mm-yyyy)' section. However in the To (mm-yyyy) section, I cannot type 'Present'. Do I leave the 'To (mm-yyyy)' section blank or write with a black pen “Present” after printing out the DSP 122 Form?

Okay Stonesanjay. Will wait for a while for the response from the host. I am praying for a quick response from the sponsor. In the mean time I am thoroughly reviewing my application.

a) I have not been using the cell phone number that I wrote in the dv lottery online application (It has already been disconnected) and have a new cell phone number. Is it okay to write the new cell phone number in DS 230 and DSP 122 form? Will there be any problems at KCC processing or later on during interview the embassy?

b) I am currently working in a job group that has qualifying work experience according to the dv lottery. However, in Q7c. of DSP 122 Form, I can only type the month and year that I started the job in the 'From (mm-yyyy)' section. However in the To (mm-yyyy) section, I cannot type 'Present'. Do I leave the 'To (mm-yyyy)' section blank or write with a black pen “Present” after printing out the DSP 122 Form?

(1) There is no problem about that.You can use the new phone no,it does not matter.

(2)If u ve till date option,choose it or IS THE FILLING OF THE FORM ONLINE or you printed it out (HARD COPY)?

Benniit is doing good, i spoke to him some couple of days ago, he says those guys have not still called him.
but i believe with the Lord on his side no matter whatever they will do, he will still have his visa IJMN!! Amen!!

wow! good to haer that he is gud. IT IS WELL WITH HIM IJN>

You can put N/A and if you get the address later, you can email kcc with the address.

a) Don't worry yourself with the phone number to use. You can use any phone number you think they can reach you in case the need arise.
b) Leave it blank, print it and use pen to write 'present' there.

Hi all.,
God is soooooo Gooood to us. I just had my welcome letters in the mail. expecting my GC sooon. hope everyone is doing great. IT IS WELL WITH US IJN AMEN

a) Don't worry yourself with the phone number to use. You can use any phone number you think they can reach you in case the need arise.
b) Leave it blank, print it and use pen to write 'present' there.

Thanks ammeck09 and Stonesanjay for your prompt response and continuous support.

What chronological arrangement is appropriate to use to write down the list of academic qualification and list of work experience...from most current to the first one or from the first one to the most current?

In Q45 in DS-230, do I leave the whole question blank (I understand I am not supposed to write my signature on that page.) The first section shows areas where one is supposed to tick what they claim to be..... A Family Sponsored Immigrant, A Diversity Immigrant........ Do I tick what visa applies to me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ammeck09 and Stonesanjay for your prompt response and continuous support.

What chronological arrangement is appropriate to use to write down the list of academic qualification and list of work experience...from most current to the first one or from the first one to the most current?
Start listing from the most recent...
In Q45 in DS-230, do I leave the whole question blank (I understand I am not supposed to write my signature on that page.) The first section shows areas where one is supposed to tick what they claim to be..... A Family Sponsored Immigrant, A Diversity Immigrant........ Do I tick what visa applies to me?
The instructions says that you should not write below that line, so why should you want to tick that section?

hi ammeck,
i entered USA on july 13th. was wondering of i can apply for the social security number even without getting my greencard or welcome letter. Also in my earlier application I indicated my willingness to accept a social security number given to me by the state ( I checked that box on the forms). I am wondering, if i checked that box do I still need to apply for a social security or it will automatically be mailed to me even without applying....tnx