• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

He has spoken to me and he says he is fine. the problem is that he is now in an area difficult to go on to the net. he will be back. making preparations for the journey.

Ok, its good to know he is fine, we pray he encounters a smooth preparation. Amen!

hi ammeck,
i entered USA on july 13th. was wondering of i can apply for the social security number even without getting my greencard or welcome letter. Also in my earlier application I indicated my willingness to accept a social security number given to me by the state ( I checked that box on the forms). I am wondering, if i checked that box do I still need to apply for a social security or it will automatically be mailed to me even without applying....tnx

You have to visit the nearest SS office as soon as possible to apply. You will wait for years without getting the card if you don't go there yourself to apply for it. I don't recall someone receiving the card without going to their office personally to apply for the card.

The box you checked on the forms is irrelevant here.

Just out of curiosity, approx how long does one needs to wait before getting the welcome letter and the greencard?

You get the welcome letter before the GC is sent to you. It has nothing to do with SSN. It just welcome you to the US and on the letter you will find your A-number (Alien Number).

Hi Boss. Thanks for the info. does it mean your A number is the same as your permanent residency number? thanks

Senioe Ammeck09,

(1) Did u apply for ur Job thru a recruiting agent like (Career builder,monster,likedln and so on) on the INTERNET or ao did u get the job ure doing?

(2) Ao were u able to get to office frm where ure staying for now,do u ve a car yet? Some say that one will nt be able to work widaout haveng a car?

Best of luck and takia

hi ammeck,
i entered USA on july 13th. was wondering of i can apply for the social security number even without getting my greencard or welcome letter. Also in my earlier application I indicated my willingness to accept a social security number given to me by the state ( I checked that box on the forms). I am wondering, if i checked that box do I still need to apply for a social security or it will automatically be mailed to me even without applying....tnx

my bro just go to any social security office around you. take your passport with you and apply for it. after you get the ssc start applying for job. your green card number is the registration number on the visa but jux start with A0. hope u ok with this.

welcome to USA

wishing all the members going to the interview a success. I know the god lord is with you. dont panick at all. you are already in america. Amen. Also wishing our new winners a successful process.

Hi All,
Just got ma GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL> exactly twoo weeks after arriving. soo happy. THANK YOU LORD> ALL THE BEST TO US ON THE FORUM

You have to visit the nearest SS office as soon as possible to apply. You will wait for years without getting the card if you don't go there yourself to apply for it. I don't recall someone receiving the card without going to their office personally to apply for the card.

The box you checked on the forms is irrelevant here.

Ammeck, at the embassy on the day of the visa pick, we were given this SSN letter dedicating that one needs not to apply for the SSN upon arrival and that it would be ready after 3 weeks time. did you guys or anyone out there had anything like that or its just a new thing been introduced.

wishing all the members going to the interview a success. I know the god lord is with you. dont panick at all. you are already in america. Amen. Also wishing our new winners a successful process.

Amen Bro, its been long how are things moving on? any challenges and advice? the Lord be with you.