• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Ema4allkinds, Airwaves, Popescandy and Ama. I realised that the interview is just simple for graduants of this forum. We have had all the necessary tutorials. I tell you, I was better of than most of the applicants interms of knowledge about the the whole process. If you are a university graduate and have a problem with your BECE cert pls Do Not Submit it. The degree cert and SHS cert are Ok for the visa. Please, be gud listeners and do exactly what you are told. Be urself but lively if only u ar naturally timid. Speak with all boldness and loud enough for the CO to hear. Chat with any available Dv applicant to relief you of anxiety or nervousness. Be smart and Trust in the Lord. The very BEST!!!

Thanks very much senior graduate, we pray the Lord guides us to walk in your footsteps.

@ Nyarkoh. That is the spirit! Knowledge is POWER, even the holy book said it all, that people perish for lack of knowledge. Congrats once again! All the glory must go to our God for bring into contact with this forum.

congrats to nyakor24, hey ammeck. how long does it take for the embassy to send back the passports to be sent back. I knows its early but i guesse am anxious and ticket prices are really rising. Its been 6 days tho

Give them a week. Have you been tracking it? Normally it comes within a week but all the same don't be anxious because the good Lord who made you succeed will see you through.

Glory be to God. Amen! Guys I'm really sorry for the delay in posting my interview experience. It rained heavily a few minutes after my arrival at the embassy. We had to run to the entrance of the embassy for shelter. That was when i realised the most of the DV applicant applicants hadn't done the medicals(Thank God I found this wonderful house of experienced ''immigration lawyers''). Later, a white lady and a Ghanaian gent came to brief us on the elligibility requirement and adviced that we should all claim our elligibility based education. We were then given two forms to fill if we were ready to be interviewed. I saw an old man and a few others back-out after the talk(perhaps they realised they weren't qualified. Guys, I was advised by Ammeck that I shouldn't hand over my BECE cert becos it has a wrong DOB. I did just that and was fine. Now to the main interview. I was called to W 6.
CO: Gud morning with a smile
Me: Responded with a smile.
CO: Could you sign here pls? ( showed me where with his pen.)
Me: signed
CO: Any children?
Me: No
CO: Married?
Me: No
CO: Have seen you have a degree. What was the duration of your program of study?
Me: 4yrs
CO: Mention some of the courses you took for the degree?
Me: Answered
CO: Where in the States would you be staying and with who?
Me: Had wanted to go to Detroit, Michigan bt wants to be with my wife in Kansas city, Missouri.
CO: Ok. let me have the address.
Me: Gave it to him.
CO: Pulled out a collection chit, wrote my name, 20 May, and time of collection and added '' Nyarkoh24, pls don't make any travel arrangement until after you have collected your VISA.
Me: Thanx
Guys, that was it. I thank you for your support and guidance. Don't know what i could have done without you. God Bless you all.

Congrats once again - hope you will come back to announce to us after collecting the visa.

Ema4allkinds, Airwaves, Popescandy and Ama. I realised that the interview is just simple for graduants of this forum. We have had all the necessary tutorials. I tell you, I was better of than most of the applicants interms of knowledge about the the whole process. If you are a university graduate and have a problem with your BECE cert pls Do Not Submit it. The degree cert and SHS cert are Ok for the visa. Please, be gud listeners and do exactly what you are told. Be urself but lively if only u ar naturally timid. Speak with all boldness and loud enough for the CO to hear. Chat with any available Dv applicant to relief you of anxiety or nervousness. Be smart and Trust in the Lord. The very BEST!!!

Thanks for your advice and encouragement.

Hi All,
My relative in the US whose address I used in filling the application form (DS-230) has changed his address.
I would like to know if I should write to KCC informing them about the new address or will it be okay to hold on and present the new address to the CO on the day of the interview.
Your advice will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Since you are not current you can send KCC email changing your host address. Don't forget to quote your full name, DOB and CN in the email. On the day of your interview, go with the new address and give it to the CO as your new address. The reason why I don't recommend only changing it at the interview is that sometimes the CO can make a mistake and may forget to change the old address.

Millie, don't worry about your address which is is changed and there is no need contacting KCC for that matter. The best time to effect the changes is when you get to your point of entry in US. Just write your preferred address on a sheet of paper and hand it over together with your brown parcel to the immigration officer and tell him/her you want to change your address and you will be fine. Myself I changed my address with the same procedure. But my advice for you is be careful with whose address you use for your green card and social security processing. What I want to mean is use somebody whom you can trust very well because I have seen people who have had problems with their friends and relatives, simply because, their green card and social security got lost in the mail and it took them much pain, stress and money to get replacement. Identity theft is on the increase these days, so be watchful. I wish you the BEST!

immano advice is also good but if you can send just an email to change it why don't you do it, after all you wont be charged for sending email to KCC.

Congrats once again - hope you will come back to announce to us after collecting the visa.
Sure! I will do that. Thank you very much for the advice you gave to me concerning the BECE cert with a wrong DOB. I would have dug my own grave if i had given it out. God bless you.

@ Nyarkoh. That is the spirit! Knowledge is POWER, even the holy book said it all, that people perish for lack of knowledge. Congrats once again! All the glory must go to our God for bring into contact with this forum.
Thanx Bro. Sure! God made it all happen.

Nyarko24 my sis told me the white lady who came out to talk to u guys was the same person who interviewed them...her husband asked the lady a question outside and she beliefs her head was resting on her husbands shoulders ...so the lady must have seen their reaction outside even before they entered the hall...only her husband was asked the questions...when she was called the co just smiled and said go sit down and handed them the ticket.....guys never underestimate anybody at the embassy cuz u may never know....
Yeah! I think i saw them and i really admired them. the lady wore a white linen and the gentleman the same white linen shirt. One could see they were meant for each other. No wonder his wife wasn't asked a single Question.

@Ema4allkinds, the Lord God has already perfected all that concerns you. we are waiting for your victory come tomorrow. may the Lord be with.

@ Emma. wishing you all the best of luck tomorrow YOU WILL COME TO TELL US YOUR SUCCESS STORY COME TOMORROW IJN. all the best. IT IS ALREADY A DONE DEAL

Hi forumites,
Emma has just received the medical report @ Akai together with the police report and I guess he is set now for Tomorrow. We need to remember him in prayers tonite. May THE GOOD LORD SEE HIM THROUGH IJN< Amen

@ ema4allkind. Vicmac2 just had a successful today in Lagos. Her interview experience is on Nigerian thread. So Emma you case can not be different IJMM! Success is the only option opened to you, so there is only one choice which is success. Gudluck and God bless!

Hello Forumites,

Can someone help me out with this?
In the DV lottery application i choose India as my place of birth. Since i was born there.
Question No 5 DSP-122

The country you listed as your native country on your diversity visa program application. In most cases, this will be the country where you were born. You may also claim the country of birth of your husband or wife. In addition you may claim the country of birth of either of your parents, If neither of your parent lived in, or was born, in the country where you were born.

I'm confused here. I want to claim the country of my parents which is Nigeria. I can't choose India since India is ineligible for DV lottery. Can anybody help me out or advise me on what to do ?? I really appreciate

My CN is 2012AF00011xxx
Entered Oct 10

Hello Forumites,

Can someone help me out with this?
In the DV lottery application i choose India as my place of birth. Since i was born there.
Question No 5 DSP-122

The country you listed as your native country on your diversity visa program application. In most cases, this will be the country where you were born. You may also claim the country of birth of your husband or wife. In addition you may claim the country of birth of either of your parents, If neither of your parent lived in, or was born, in the country where you were born.

I'm confused here. I want to claim the country of my parents which is Nigeria. I can't choose India since India is ineligible for DV lottery. Can anybody help me out or advise me on what to do ?? I really appreciate

My CN is 2012AF00011xxx
Entered Oct 10

I think I gave my take on this in the Nigeria thread, you can always refer to that.