• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Congrats my brother, the Lord did not just allow u to prepare ur horse agaist the battle called visa processing, He was alway there to give u all the safety that u needed. He indeed has settled u, praise be to His name.

thnks he is a good Lord. if only u put your trust in him he will deliver

hey New yorker,
thanks to jah you have arrived safely in new york. did you go by British airways?, did you go for a british transit visa? and how much was the fare? lastly, what about the choo on board the flight( hahahahahaa) that's on the lighter side.
wishing you all the best stmykael. hoping to hear from you soon

yes i went by BA. it was a very smooth flight. 6hrs from accra to london , abt 30mins transit and then 7 hrs flight from london heathrow airport to jfk NY. no i didnt go for a transit visa. the transit was very short. i didnt go outside de airport in london. the fare was approx $1308 but it depends on time/season. for fares u can always compare on cheapair.com. the food wasnt bad. 3 meals on each flight. infact enough to get u satisfied. it is not much but cos of the altitude any small u take fills up de belly and the more u eat the easier u throw up. but they provide more alcohol/wine.

That's great news man, finally u touched down!! all thanks t the almighty God. Fill us in on your POE experience and how far with the SSC and GC. By the what was the cost of flight which flight did u use. Cheers.

once i got to jfk i joined one of the queue (for visitors) till it got to ma turn. went to the immigration booth, where the immigration officer checked and stamped ma passport, tok fingerprints and a picture of ma eye, took ma yellow envelope and opened it, endorsed it and asked me to go to a room where i met a chinese-american man who asked me to sign a portion and that was it.
then went to pick up ma baggage and went thru customs once i was thru with customs i got out! very easy and simple at JFK

Benniit, happy birthday! This b'day could have been a perfect treat for you but......
All the same enjoy the day.

once i got to jfk i joined one of the queue (for visitors) till it got to ma turn. went to the immigration booth, where the immigration officer checked and stamped ma passport, tok fingerprints and a picture of ma eye, took ma yellow envelope and opened it, endorsed it and asked me to go to a room where i met a chinese-american man who asked me to sign a portion and that was it.
then went to pick up ma baggage and went thru customs once i was thru with customs i got out! very easy and simple at JFK

The process is the same everywhere, and it's simple especially when you come with dv visa.

Folks, I've been put on ap. 7th April I should come back. Oh God, why? I was only asked the ff questions.
Co. Married?
Me. No
Co. Kids
Me. No
Co. Do u job
me. Yes
Co. Where?
Me. Bla bla
Co. As what?
Me. Bla bla
And now i'm put on ap.

On the other hand, pls join me congratulate Kartey and wife as they had a successful interview. Congratulations!!! Peace! Benniit
it seems I have been away for far too long. But I would like to apologise to all forumers. it was due to asome research that sent me to a very remote village and was not able to be on track. But I would like to tell Benniit that he should not worry at because the God who started it will surely see him through in Jesus's Name. AP does not mean refusal and He should be there on the said date and it will be well. wishing you all de best man.

Folks,
i am very happy as well as sad as i post my interview experience which occurred at the US embassy in Accra today. in the morning around 4:45 am, my wife ( whom i got married to on 24th april 2010, an received the first winning notification a week after) and i set out for the embassy. on our way, i called Bennit whom i had spoken to the previous night, and he told me he had just arrived in accra from kumasi and also on his way to the embassy. we all got there, met each other, had a nice interaction, and huuuuuhhhhh, time for us to go through the procedures. in all these my wife and , i were the first people( submitting forms including photo album of our wedding, finger print and interview) and Bennit was the 4th person after us

Now the interview;
i was called together with my wife to window 5 by one white amreican man( CO)

co: good morning
me; reply
co; r u here with ur wife( mentioned her name)
me, yes
co, ok
co, will like to interview ur wife first, so please go and stand at where the american flag is.( its about 25 yards away from the window)

after 3mins, i was called by the co and he made sure that i was at window 5 before he asked my wife to go and stand at the same place he asked me to go.

At the window, he pulled a picture out of our wedding album( apparently, the same picture he showed to my wife and started asking me the same questiones he asked my wife)

co, can u please identify those in the picture with ur wife and how are they related to your wife?
me; i mentioned their names and bla, bla
co, (now pointing to another picture, ie our wedding car) whose car is this
me; rented car
co, how much did it cost you
me, bla, bla bla
co, who is Mrs ........( that is our host in the usa)
me, my wife's auntie
co, what is your highest degree
me, MBA
co, what kind of job do you do
me, bla, bla
co, how much is your salary
me, bla bla bla

all these while he was typing, after which he handed over the blue collection slip to me which indicated 4th march as visa collection day. he was quick to add that i should not make any travel arrangements as delay occurs sometimes.

i then handed over the baton stick to our brother BENNIT , but it saddens me he was not treated fairly. But I believe everything will work out fine for him

Please note: those winners who got married just before/after receiving their nl and have babies or are visibly pregnant may not go through this tedious interview process cos that shows that they are genuine partners. if u have postponed making babies for sometime just like me, then, PLEASE know your partner very well
congrats to you Kartey21 for your success hope we will also follow suite sooner or later.

2ND INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I reached the Embassy at exactly 1.00pm on the Feb 15. I entered the Consular Section 5 mins later. The security personnels inside requested for my appointment letter which I did give them. It was after 40 mins that I was called to window 2 to submit the docs they had requested for. I submitted the police clearance, BECE cert and the Passport but the gentleman told me to hold on to my Passport. At 2.40pm I was then called to window 5. When I went there I greeted but I did not hear the CO respond. He did not even look at me. He only requested, Can I have your passport sir? I quickly gave it to him. He then pulled the blue visa collection slip, opened my passport and started writing my name on the slip. When he was writing my name he taught there was something wrong with my name.( I have a compound surname which is not separated by hyphen but they always used one of them as a middle name). He quickly went through my docs before him and checked on his computer just to make sure it is my name. After that he wrote the date on it and handed it over to me saying that i should not make any travel arrangements before I collect the visa. I spent less than 2 mins with the CO. I thank God for bringing me this far, His Praiz shall continually be in my mouth.

Congratulations to you Onasis for the success in your second interview. may the Good Lord makes everything you do a success. All the best

guys check this out. I had initially sent an email to KCC last week Monday. I just checked my in-box and had this message:

Thank you for your inquiry.

1. An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American
Consulate/Embassy of Accra on April 11, 2011. A notification letter was
sent to you on February 9, 2011. Please direct any further questions
regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

2. If you do not receive this by March, 9, 2011 you must supply KCC with
an email address or a fax number. So as you can deduce from the message. it means I would have to start the race now. I would be very grateful for any information on how to go about with the police report. thanks in advance.

it seems I have been away for far too long. But I would like to apologise to all forumers. it was due to asome research that sent me to a very remote village and was not able to be on track. But I would like to tell Benniit that he should not worry at because the God who started it will surely see him through in Jesus's Name. AP does not mean refusal and He should be there on the said date and it will be well. wishing you all de best man.

Thanks for the encouragement and God bless u. Peace! Benniit

guys check this out. I had initially sent an email to KCC last week Monday. I just checked my in-box and had this message:

an email address or a fax number. So as you can deduce from the message. it means I would have to start the race now. I would be very grateful for any information on how to go about with the police report. thanks in advance.

hi frankyy,
congrats. alas, u are a happy man! well to do the police report, u must appear at the Police HQ in Accra with GHC20 and your passport. the other details like your schools attended, i guess you know them off head. well one last thing, you must also appear with ur a total of ten fingers. ahahahaahaaah( funny ehh).

Guys i have arrived safely in new york (the big apple). I must say the flight was some sort of experience but very stressful. I flew 6 hrs from accra to london waited for 2 hrs and flew from london to new york jfk for 7 hours.

The american dream is now reality

WE thank God for the travelling mercies. Wishing you all the best in all your endeavours.

yes i went by BA. it was a very smooth flight. 6hrs from accra to london , abt 30mins transit and then 7 hrs flight from london heathrow airport to jfk NY. no i didnt go for a transit visa. the transit was very short. i didnt go outside de airport in london. the fare was approx $1308 but it depends on time/season. for fares u can always compare on cheapair.com. the food wasnt bad. 3 meals on each flight. infact enough to get u satisfied. it is not much but cos of the altitude any small u take fills up de belly and the more u eat the easier u throw up. but they provide more alcohol/wine.

Stmykael,
I guess it was cool. With this experience what made the flight stressful. Enlighten us...

At long last its your turn. YOu shall be no exception to what our MASTER JESUS is doing for all of us here on this forum. with regards to the Police Cert: go with your passport and GHc 20 to the Police Headquaters in Accra and ask for their office. Congrats in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:
Popescandi we tnk the good lord 4 grantin u a sucessful trip to new york. New york is my p o e too. What flight u took and how much is the fare.

WIZYFBABY, sorry but this question for now should be directed to stmykael because he is the one who just went there.