• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Folks, I've been put on ap. 7th April I should come back. Oh God, why? I was only asked the ff questions.
Co. Married?
Me. No
Co. Kids
Me. No
Co. Do u job
me. Yes
Co. Where?
Me. Bla bla
Co. As what?
Me. Bla bla
And now i'm put on ap.

On the other hand, pls join me congratulate Kartey and wife as they had a successful interview. Congratulations!!! Peace! Benniit

Benniit, I will congratulate you in advance. Don't think about the AP too much - the good thing about your AP is that you were given a definite date. On that April day, you will come here rejoicing unto the Lord.

Folks,
i am very happy as well as sad as i post my interview experience which occurred at the US embassy in Accra today. in the morning around 4:45 am, my wife ( whom i got married to on 24th april 2010, an received the first winning notification a week after) and i set out for the embassy. on our way, i called Bennit whom i had spoken to the previous night, and he told me he had just arrived in accra from kumasi and also on his way to the embassy. we all got there, met each other, had a nice interaction, and huuuuuhhhhh, time for us to go through the procedures. in all these my wife and , i were the first people( submitting forms including photo album of our wedding, finger print and interview) and Bennit was the 4th person after us

Now the interview;
i was called together with my wife to window 5 by one white amreican man( CO)

co: good morning
me; reply
co; r u here with ur wife( mentioned her name)
me, yes
co, ok
co, will like to interview ur wife first, so please go and stand at where the american flag is.( its about 25 yards away from the window)

after 3mins, i was called by the co and he made sure that i was at window 5 before he asked my wife to go and stand at the same place he asked me to go.

At the window, he pulled a picture out of our wedding album( apparently, the same picture he showed to my wife and started asking me the same questiones he asked my wife)

co, can u please identify those in the picture with ur wife and how are they related to your wife?
me; i mentioned their names and bla, bla
co, (now pointing to another picture, ie our wedding car) whose car is this
me; rented car
co, how much did it cost you
me, bla, bla bla
co, who is Mrs ........( that is our host in the usa)
me, my wife's auntie
co, what is your highest degree
me, MBA
co, what kind of job do you do
me, bla, bla
co, how much is your salary
me, bla bla bla

all these while he was typing, after which he handed over the blue collection slip to me which indicated 4th march as visa collection day. he was quick to add that i should not make any travel arrangements as delay occurs sometimes.

i then handed over the baton stick to our brother BENNIT , but it saddens me he was not treated fairly. But I believe everything will work out fine for him

Please note: those winners who got married just before/after receiving their nl and have babies or are visibly pregnant may not go through this tedious interview process cos that shows that they are genuine partners. if u have postponed making babies for sometime just like me, then, PLEASE know your partner very well

Congrats to the entire family. Wish you all the best in your preparation.

2ND INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I reached the Embassy at exactly 1.00pm on the Feb 15. I entered the Consular Section 5 mins later. The security personnels inside requested for my appointment letter which I did give them. It was after 40 mins that I was called to window 2 to submit the docs they had requested for. I submitted the police clearance, BECE cert and the Passport but the gentleman told me to hold on to my Passport. At 2.40pm I was then called to window 5. When I went there I greeted but I did not hear the CO respond. He did not even look at me. He only requested, Can I have your passport sir? I quickly gave it to him. He then pulled the blue visa collection slip, opened my passport and started writing my name on the slip. When he was writing my name he taught there was something wrong with my name.( I have a compound surname which is not separated by hyphen but they always used one of them as a middle name). He quickly went through my docs before him and checked on his computer just to make sure it is my name. After that he wrote the date on it and handed it over to me saying that i should not make any travel arrangements before I collect the visa. I spent less than 2 mins with the CO. I thank God for bringing me this far, His Praiz shall continually be in my mouth.

Congrats once again and may the good Lord bless you.

Folks,
i am very happy as well as sad as i post my interview experience which occurred at the US embassy in Accra today. in the morning around 4:45 am, my wife ( whom i got married to on 24th april 2010, an received the first winning notification a week after) and i set out for the embassy. on our way, i called Bennit whom i had spoken to the previous night, and he told me he had just arrived in accra from kumasi and also on his way to the embassy. we all got there, met each other, had a nice interaction, and huuuuuhhhhh, time for us to go through the procedures. in all these my wife and , i were the first people( submitting forms including photo album of our wedding, finger print and interview) and Bennit was the 4th person after us

Now the interview;
i was called together with my wife to window 5 by one white amreican man( CO)

co: good morning
me; reply
co; r u here with ur wife( mentioned her name)
me, yes
co, ok
co, will like to interview ur wife first, so please go and stand at where the american flag is.( its about 25 yards away from the window)

after 3mins, i was called by the co and he made sure that i was at window 5 before he asked my wife to go and stand at the same place he asked me to go.

At the window, he pulled a picture out of our wedding album( apparently, the same picture he showed to my wife and started asking me the same questiones he asked my wife)

co, can u please identify those in the picture with ur wife and how are they related to your wife?
me; i mentioned their names and bla, bla
co, (now pointing to another picture, ie our wedding car) whose car is this
me; rented car
co, how much did it cost you
me, bla, bla bla
co, who is Mrs ........( that is our host in the usa)
me, my wife's auntie
co, what is your highest degree
me, MBA
co, what kind of job do you do
me, bla, bla
co, how much is your salary
me, bla bla bla

all these while he was typing, after which he handed over the blue collection slip to me which indicated 4th march as visa collection day. he was quick to add that i should not make any travel arrangements as delay occurs sometimes.

i then handed over the baton stick to our brother BENNIT , but it saddens me he was not treated fairly. But I believe everything will work out fine for him

Please note: those winners who got married just before/after receiving their nl and have babies or are visibly pregnant may not go through this tedious interview process cos that shows that they are genuine partners. if u have postponed making babies for sometime just like me, then, PLEASE know your partner very well

Congratulationsss brother, welcome to America.

Benniit, do not worry. you are a believer, if your Education papers are correct, they will call you.
Theres' still time, just trust.
If God is for us, who can be against us?
From Kenya forum, we pray for you

Benniit, do not worry. you are a believer, if your Education papers are correct, they will call you.
Theres' still time, just trust.
If God is for us, who can be against us?
From Kenya forum, we pray for you

Thanks for your prayers, and God bless u all. Peace! Benniit

Benniit, I will congratulate you in advance. Don't think about the AP too much - the good thing about your AP is that you were given a definite date. On that April day, you will come here rejoicing unto the Lord.

Thank you my brother. Peace! Benniit

@ onasis

2ND INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I reached the Embassy at exactly 1.00pm on the Feb 15. I entered the Consular Section 5 mins later. The security personnels inside requested for my appointment letter which I did give them. It was after 40 mins that I was called to window 2 to submit the docs they had requested for. I submitted the police clearance, BECE cert and the Passport but the gentleman told me to hold on to my Passport. At 2.40pm I was then called to window 5. When I went there I greeted but I did not hear the CO respond. He did not even look at me. He only requested, Can I have your passport sir? I quickly gave it to him. He then pulled the blue visa collection slip, opened my passport and started writing my name on the slip. When he was writing my name he taught there was something wrong with my name.( I have a compound surname which is not separated by hyphen but they always used one of them as a middle name). He quickly went through my docs before him and checked on his computer just to make sure it is my name. After that he wrote the date on it and handed it over to me saying that i should not make any travel arrangements before I collect the visa. I spent less than 2 mins with the CO. I thank God for bringing me this far, His Praiz shall continually be in my mouth.

congrats bro. Gudluck in the US and God bless!

congrats kartey21, the Lord is wealthy of praise and thanks giving for what He has done for you and your family. may He be with you as you wait earnestly on Him for your visa picking.

Dear All, thanks for your congratulatory messages to my family, and the reassuring words to our brother bennit. trust things will work out for him and also for all those yet to be due for interview.

all the same, will like to entreat all especially those yet to have their interviews, to take sometime to read through the correspondence between myself and the US embassy on the issue of AOS (family/individual applicant)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:43 PM
To: Accra, IVDV
Subject: RE: CASE NUMBER : DV 2011AF00021243

Dear sir/madam, thanks for your reply. I will however, like to know from you whether i am required to provide a financial statement for myself and my wife for our dv visa interview? kartey21

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:45 CET Accra, IVDV wrote:

>Re: 2011AF21243
>
>Thank you for your email concerning your Diversity Visa application.
>
>We wish to inform you will not be required to bring an Affidavit of Support (I-134) document to process your DV application.
>
>We hope this information is helpful to you and please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
>
>Sincerely,
>U.S. Embassy Accra
>Consular Section
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: SAMPSON ONYAMEH [mailto:kartey21@yahoo.co.uk]
>Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 8:53 PM
>To: Accra, IVDV
>Subject: RE: CASE NUMBER : DV 2011AF00021243
>
>Dear sir/madam, thanks very much for your prompt response. However, i will like to know from you if my host in the usa can send form i-134 in support of my application directly to your office using this email address. if not, which address should he use to send it to your office.thanks. kartey21
>
>On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:03 CET Accra, IVDV wrote:
>
>>Re: 2011AF21243
>>
>>
>>
>>Thank you for your email concerning your Diversity Visa application.
>>
>>
>>
>>This is to inform you that the DV processing fee is $819.00 (per
>>applicant) in U.S. dollars or its equivalent in Ghana Cedis (1228.50).
>>The fee has to be paid at the U.S. Embassy Accra on the day of your
>>appointment before your visa interview and is non-refundable if the visa
>>is refused. In regards to what documents to bring please refer to the
>>instruction KCC mailed you along with your appointment letter.
>>
>>
>>
>>We hope this information is helpful to you and please let us know if we
>>may be of further assistance.
>>
>>
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>U.S. Embassy Accra
>>
>>Consular Section
>>
>>
>>
>>From: [mailto:kartey21@]
>>Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 9:35 AM
>>To: Accra, IVDV
>>Subject: CASE NUMBER : DV 2011AF00021243
>>
>>
>>
>>Dear Sir/Madam,
>>
>>I am schedules for an interview with your office/consular section on
>>february 17, 2011 . May i please know the amount of visa fee to be paid
>>by myself and my wife and if there are any other documents to submit
>>apart from my educational, marriage, police, affidavit of support and
>>health documents.
>>
>>thanks
>>
>> Kartey
>>

Dear All, thanks for your congratulatory messages to my family, and the reassuring words to our brother bennit. trust things will work out for him and also for all those yet to be due for interview.

all the same, will like to entreat all especially those yet to have their interviews, to take sometime to read through the correspondence between myself and the US embassy on the issue of AOS (family/individual applicant)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:43 PM
To: Accra, IVDV
Subject: RE: CASE NUMBER : DV 2011AF00021243

Dear sir/madam, thanks for your reply. I will however, like to know from you whether i am required to provide a financial statement for myself and my wife for our dv visa interview? kartey21

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:45 CET Accra, IVDV wrote:

>Re: 2011AF21243
>
>Thank you for your email concerning your Diversity Visa application.
>
>We wish to inform you will not be required to bring an Affidavit of Support (I-134) document to process your DV application.
>
>We hope this information is helpful to you and please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
>
>Sincerely,
>U.S. Embassy Accra
>Consular Section
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: SAMPSON ONYAMEH [mailto:kartey21@yahoo.co.uk]
>Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 8:53 PM
>To: Accra, IVDV
>Subject: RE: CASE NUMBER : DV 2011AF00021243
>
>Dear sir/madam, thanks very much for your prompt response. However, i will like to know from you if my host in the usa can send form i-134 in support of my application directly to your office using this email address. if not, which address should he use to send it to your office.thanks. kartey21
>
>On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:03 CET Accra, IVDV wrote:
>
>>Re: 2011AF21243
>>
>>
>>
>>Thank you for your email concerning your Diversity Visa application.
>>
>>
>>
>>This is to inform you that the DV processing fee is $819.00 (per
>>applicant) in U.S. dollars or its equivalent in Ghana Cedis (1228.50).
>>The fee has to be paid at the U.S. Embassy Accra on the day of your
>>appointment before your visa interview and is non-refundable if the visa
>>is refused. In regards to what documents to bring please refer to the
>>instruction KCC mailed you along with your appointment letter.
>>
>>
>>
>>We hope this information is helpful to you and please let us know if we
>>may be of further assistance.
>>
>>
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>U.S. Embassy Accra
>>
>>Consular Section
>>
>>
>>
>>From: [mailto:kartey21@]
>>Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 9:35 AM
>>To: Accra, IVDV
>>Subject: CASE NUMBER : DV 2011AF00021243
>>
>>
>>
>>Dear Sir/Madam,
>>
>>I am schedules for an interview with your office/consular section on
>>february 17, 2011 . May i please know the amount of visa fee to be paid
>>by myself and my wife and if there are any other documents to submit
>>apart from my educational, marriage, police, affidavit of support and
>>health documents.
>>
>>thanks
>>
>> Kartey
>>

Thanks for sharing such valuable information with us.

2ND INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Congrats onasis, that is the power of the Lord Most High. all the best in your preparations.

Folks, I've been put on ap. 7th April I should come back. Oh God, why? I was only asked the ff questions.
Co. Married?
Me. No
Co. Kids
Me. No
Co. Do u job
me. Yes
Co. Where?
Me. Bla bla
Co. As what?
Me. Bla bla
And now i'm put on ap.

On the other hand, pls join me congratulate Kartey and wife as they had a successful interview. Congratulations!!! Peace! Benniit

Bennit,

when God say YES Nobody can say No.

Ur interview is already a success,go there on that day in April 7TH and get your visa cos is already yours,I mean nobody can take it away from you.

You will be victorious cos our God is a faithful GOD that keeps to his covenant.

HE HAS NEVER FAILED AND WILL NEVER FAIL US ON THIS FORUM.

CHEER UP,URE ALREADY A SUCCESS BENNIPEACE UNTO YOU.

Congratulations on all that have had their interviews and to all of us still having our interviews ahead,the favour of God shall fall upon us and we shall be highly favored in the face of the consular officers and our visas shall be granted unto us,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: