• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Folks, I've been put on ap. 7th April I should come back. Oh God, why? I was only asked the ff questions.
Co. Married?
Me. No
Co. Kids
Me. No
Co. Do u job
me. Yes
Co. Where?
Me. Bla bla
Co. As what?
Me. Bla bla
And now i'm put on ap.

On the other hand, pls join me congratulate Kartey and wife as they had a successful interview. Congratulations!!! Peace! Benniit

Benniit, don't be sad for what has happened for it is all good, for its only the Lord Almighty who knows what is best for us (His children). so just keep on trusting in Him to deliver you. may the Lord be with you and we shall keep on reminding God of you in our prayers

Folks,
i am very happy as well as sad as i post my interview experience which occurred at the US embassy in Accra today. in the morning around 4:45 am, my wife ( whom i got married to on 24th april 2010, an received the first winning notification a week after) and i set out for the embassy. on our way, i called Bennit whom i had spoken to the previous night, and he told me he had just arrived in accra from kumasi and also on his way to the embassy. we all got there, met each other, had a nice interaction, and huuuuuhhhhh, time for us to go through the procedures. in all these my wife and , i were the first people( submitting forms including photo album of our wedding, finger print and interview) and Bennit was the 4th person after us

Now the interview;
i was called together with my wife to window 5 by one white amreican man( CO)

co: good morning
me; reply
co; r u here with ur wife( mentioned her name)
me, yes
co, ok
co, will like to interview ur wife first, so please go and stand at where the american flag is.( its about 25 yards away from the window)

after 3mins, i was called by the co and he made sure that i was at window 5 before he asked my wife to go and stand at the same place he asked me to go.

At the window, he pulled a picture out of our wedding album( apparently, the same picture he showed to my wife and started asking me the same questiones he asked my wife)

co, can u please identify those in the picture with ur wife and how are they related to your wife?
me; i mentioned their names and bla, bla
co, (now pointing to another picture, ie our wedding car) whose car is this
me; rented car
co, how much did it cost you
me, bla, bla bla
co, who is Mrs ........( that is our host in the usa)
me, my wife's auntie
co, what is your highest degree
me, MBA
co, what kind of job do you do
me, bla, bla
co, how much is your salary
me, bla bla bla

all these while he was typing, after which he handed over the blue collection slip to me which indicated 4th march as visa collection day. he was quick to add that i should not make any travel arrangements as delay occurs sometimes.

i then handed over the baton stick to our brother BENNIT , but it saddens me he was not treated fairly. But I believe everything will work out fine for him

Please note: those winners who got married just before/after receiving their nl and have babies or are visibly pregnant may not go through this tedious interview process cos that shows that they are genuine partners. if u have postponed making babies for sometime just like me, then, PLEASE know your partner very well

congrats kartey21, the Lord is wealthy of praise and thanks giving for what He has done for you and your family. may He be with you as you wait earnestly on Him for your visa picking.

Folks,
i am very happy as well as sad as i post my interview experience which occurred at the US embassy in Accra today. in the morning around 4:45 am, my wife ( whom i got married to on 24th april 2010, an received the first winning notification a week after) and i set out for the embassy. on our way, i called Bennit whom i had spoken to the previous night, and he told me he had just arrived in accra from kumasi and also on his way to the embassy. we all got there, met each other, had a nice interaction, and huuuuuhhhhh, time for us to go through the procedures. in all these my wife and , i were the first people( submitting forms including photo album of our wedding, finger print and interview) and Bennit was the 4th person after us

Now the interview;

me; reply
me, yes
co, ok
co, will like to interview ur wife first, so please go and stand at where the american flag is.( its about 25 yards away from the window)

after 3mins, i was called by the co and he made sure that i was at window 5 before he asked my wife to go and stand at the same place he asked me to go.

At the window, he pulled a picture out of our wedding album( apparently, the same picture he showed to my wife and started asking me the same questiones he asked my wife)

co, can u please identify those in the picture with ur wife and how are they related to your wife?
me; rented car
me, bla, bla bla
me, my wife's auntie
me, MBA
me, bla, bla
me, bla bla bla

all these while he was typing, after which he handed over the blue collection slip to me which indicated 4th march as visa collection day. he was quick to add that i should not make any travel arrangements as delay occurs sometimes.

i then handed over the baton stick to our brother BENNIT , but it saddens me he was not treated fairly. But I believe everything will work out fine for him

Please note: those winners who got married just before/after receiving their nl and have babies or are visibly pregnant may not go through this tedious interview process cos that shows that they are genuine partners. if u have postponed making babies for sometime just like me, then, PLEASE know your partner very well

congrats kartey21, the Lord is wealthy of praise and thanks giving for what He has done for you and your family. may He be with you as you wait earnestly on Him for your visa picking.

Bennit believe in the lord. He has his reasons and I believ u r almost there in Jesus name. anyway wht was the reason of the a p. did u apply base on work?

Folks, I've been put on ap. 7th April I should come back. Oh God, why?
/QUOTE]

Bennitt,
God delays are not denials. Come April 7th and you will testify of His faithfulness and goodness. I declare that Victory is your portion in Jesus' name.

hi benniit, we thank God for how far He has led us. Not to worry cause AP does not mean denial. What was the reasons they gave for the AP? Let not your heart be troubled. Gudluck and God bless!

Reason
They had to cross-check my educational documents. About 3 guys were put on ap. Oh God!! Very very sad! Peace! Benniit

Folks, I've been put on ap. 7th April I should come back. Oh God, why? I was only asked the ff questions.
Co. Married?
Me. No
Co. Kids
Me. No
Co. Do u job
me. Yes
Co. Where?
Me. Bla bla
Co. As what?
Me. Bla bla
And now i'm put on ap.

On the other hand, pls join me congratulate Kartey and wife as they had a successful interview. Congratulations!!! Peace! Benniit

Congrats to Kartey21 and Beniit. @ Beniit I think you should stop beating urself up becos u've been put on AP. AP and and denial are totally defferent words/situations. Trust ! The Lord wil surely fill ur mouth with laughter come 7th April. Now tell us if u have an idea about why u have been put on AP.

Bennit believe in the lord. He has his reasons and I believ u r almost there in Jesus name. anyway wht was the reason of the a p. did u apply base on work?

There is the need for them to cross-check my educational certificates. Hope it's clear. Peace! Benniit

Congrats to Kartey21 and Beniit. @ Beniit I think you should stop beating urself up becos u've been put on AP. AP and and denial are totally defferent words/situations. Trust ! The Lord wil surely fill ur mouth with laughter come 7th April. Now tell us if u have an idea about why u have been put on AP.

My academic docs need to be checked. Pece be with my sister

Folks,

Now the interview;

me; reply
me, yes
co, ok

me; rented car
me, bla, bla bla
me, my wife's auntie
me, MBA
me, bla, bla
me, bla bla bla

Congrats kartey, in all we thank God.

Co. Married?
Me. No
Co. Kids
Me. No
Co. Do u job
me. Yes
Co. Where?
Me. Bla bla
Co. As what?
Me. Bla bla
And now i'm put on ap.

All will be well my brother, who are we to question God? He has settled ur case as far as i'm concern, delay is not denial. Just trust Him and give Him thanks.

Co. Married?
Me. No
Co. Kids
Me. No
Co. Do u job
me. Yes
Co. Where?
Me. Bla bla
Co. As what?
Me. Bla bla
And now i'm put on ap.

Let's give thanks to God and please be still and know he is God. He makes all things beautiful in his time. Just trust him.

Co. Married?
Me. No
Co. Kids
Me. No
Co. Do u job
me. Yes
Co. Where?
Me. Bla bla
Co. As what?
Me. Bla bla
And now i'm put on ap.

Congrats Benniit. Thanks be to God for what He has done for you. You will understand why God did that at the appropriate time. Hold On! April 7 is just around the corner. It will be here very soon...

Congrats Benniit. Thanks be to God for what He has done for you. You will understand why God did that at the appropriate time. Hold On! April 7 is just around the corner. It will be here very soon...

God bless u! Peace! Benniit

2ND INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I reached the Embassy at exactly 1.00pm on the Feb 15. I entered the Consular Section 5 mins later. The security personnels inside requested for my appointment letter which I did give them. It was after 40 mins that I was called to window 2 to submit the docs they had requested for. I submitted the police clearance, BECE cert and the Passport but the gentleman told me to hold on to my Passport. At 2.40pm I was then called to window 5. When I went there I greeted but I did not hear the CO respond. He did not even look at me. He only requested, Can I have your passport sir? I quickly gave it to him. He then pulled the blue visa collection slip, opened my passport and started writing my name on the slip. When he was writing my name he taught there was something wrong with my name.( I have a compound surname which is not separated by hyphen but they always used one of them as a middle name). He quickly went through my docs before him and checked on his computer just to make sure it is my name. After that he wrote the date on it and handed it over to me saying that i should not make any travel arrangements before I collect the visa. I spent less than 2 mins with the CO. I thank God for bringing me this far, His Praiz shall continually be in my mouth.

Onasis congrats to u for a succesful visa collection. And to Bennit God is in control. Bennit what is your highest education and does it mean that those education certs of some of us are gonna be cross check too. What advice do u ve for us who are still in the university now? Peace to everyone