• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Guys could you believe i just had a reply for an enquiry mail i sent to the US embassy in Accra on 21st September only yesterday? so wat at all were they doing that it kept them over 2 months to reply? assuming it was something so critical to obtaining my visa wat would have been my fate by now?

Guess something needs to be done on this. Its really a worrying situation.

hi everyone!
sorry for my absence for this long. i have been out and about trying to get prepared for my departure. i have finally decided to leave after xmas before next year.
on thursday,i also received a reply to the mail i sent the embassy before my interview. i could not believe it! mick i was as shocked as you are. hmm.. we thank GOD for discerning minds and friends here on this forum.

Marriage after interview but before entering the usa?
Hi all
I have a question and I'm so confued.
-Is it allowed to get marriage after interview but before entering the usa?
I've lived with my fiance for more six years. i registered dv2011 as single because Not yet marriage ,and my visa would be refused if i get marriage after being selected (winning).

-shall i problem when entring at POE when I'll declare that i'm maried?

any idea and experience will be help

thak all

You have every right to marry after your interview. No one can control the time you want to marry, and nothing will happen to you if you declare you married after obtaining your visa.

Hello house,
A thousand apologies for my long absence, too much has been going on around me these few weeks, but by His grace there's been some major changes in my signature as you can see, and all thanks to the Almighty thus far.
Firstly, I did my medicals at Akai House on monday and it was rather a straight forward process. If you are able to get there early you could complete it in less than two hours!! I had no vaccination records so I did everything; physical exams, X-ray, vaccinations and taking of blood sample. The damage was GHC153(for physical exams, lab and x-ray) plus GHC154 (for vaccinations); and as usual results will be ready in 2 weeks.
Secondly I received my AOS from my sponsor but without the supporting documents :( .The reason is that according to my sponsor, he has mailed another AOS to the Accra Embassy and he says they'll put it on my file... To that effect, I mailed the Accra embassy so the could confirm reciept of the AOS but i got an interesting reply after 3 days...

" Re: 2011AFxxx

Thank you for your email inquiry.
We wish to inform you that Affidavit of Support will not be needed to process your Diversity Visa application.

We hope this information is helpful to you and please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
U.S. Embassy Accra
Consular Section "

What do you think about this guys? cheers.

I think you have to print this email and take it with you to the interview. You still need to prepare in case the consular request for it. Those people cannot be trusted. With a copy of the reply to your letter in hand, the consular could still demand the AOS.

hi everyone!
sorry for my absence for this long. i have been out and about trying to get prepared for my departure. i have finally decided to leave after xmas before next year.
on thursday,i also received a reply to the mail i sent the embassy before my interview. i could not believe it! mick i was as shocked as you are. hmm.. we thank GOD for discerning minds and friends here on this forum.

I pray that the good Lord will send His angels to be with you. I commit your journey into His hands and decree that the Angels of Jehovah God will come with you in Jesus name.

Hello house,
A thousand apologies for my long absence, too much has been going on around me these few weeks, but by His grace there's been some major changes in my signature as you can see, and all thanks to the Almighty thus far.
Firstly, I did my medicals at Akai House on monday and it was rather a straight forward process. If you are able to get there early you could complete it in less than two hours!! I had no vaccination records so I did everything; physical exams, X-ray, vaccinations and taking of blood sample. The damage was GHC153(for physical exams, lab and x-ray) plus GHC154 (for vaccinations); and as usual results will be ready in 2 weeks.
Secondly I received my AOS from my sponsor but without the supporting documents :( .The reason is that according to my sponsor, he has mailed another AOS to the Accra Embassy and he says they'll put it on my file... To that effect, I mailed the Accra embassy so the could confirm reciept of the AOS but i got an interesting reply after 3 days...

We wish to inform you that Affidavit of Support will not be needed to process your Diversity Visa application.

We hope this information is helpful to you and please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
U.S. Embassy Accra
Consular Section "

Welcome back! Akwasi, please did u spend Ghc 307 in all at AKAI? If there has been any additional money, let me know.

I too don't have any vaccination record. Peace unto u my brother. Benniit

Hi ammeck09
thank you for reply
I have a question; at POE did you have to fill a form in which you had to inform your marital statut?

hello house

I am new to this forum and i have questions.i have made some mistake on the following questions,can somebody help me pls

1.in DS-230 Q9 i cheked the box of married but i left the blank space empty "including present marriage,i have been married ....... times".
and i am married just once.is this wrong?

2.in DS-230 Q2 "if married woman,write ur maiden name".i answered N/A becoz in my country whether a woman is married or not she is alws called by her familly name not by her husband name and i write my maiden name in Q1.is it wrong answer?

3.in DS-230 Q31a "who will accompany u to the united sates now" i wrote my husbands full name but i am the derivatives not the principal.is it wrong too?

Pls tell me what i should do?

hello to all esp all the guys, Amecko9, Bennit, Akwasi and the rest, hope every one is well and kicking..
please I have some nagging questions I need answers to;
1. the first one is about the police report, how much am I going to pay and how long will it take? what are the processes Im supposed to go through?
2. about the visa fees, what is the exact cost now, since I read on the net that there's going to be an upward adjustment.
3. on the Affidavit of Support, I am getting problems cos the sponsor is saying that he has been providing them for some years now and may not be able to provide mine. In this case, is it still compulsory to get it?
thanks in advance

Hello house,

Sincerely,
U.S. Embassy Accra
Consular Section "

Akwasi, its a good news, but you still need to have your shin guard on in case........ all the best man. and keep us informed after the d-day ok

Hi ammeck09
thank you for reply
I have a question; at POE did you have to fill a form in which you had to inform your marital statut?

In fact I don't remember filling a form with information about my marital status. But one thing I can say is that such information is not constant, it can change at any time. So if you decide to marry after obtaining your visa, it is not a crime and neither can it affect you in any way.

hello house

I am new to this forum and i have questions.i have made some mistake on the following questions,can somebody help me pls

1.in DS-230 Q9 i cheked the box of married but i left the blank space empty "including present marriage,i have been married ....... times".
and i am married just once.is this wrong?
This is a petty mistake and it wont cost you the visa. Don't fret over it.
2.in DS-230 Q2 "if married woman,write ur maiden name".i answered N/A becoz in my country whether a woman is married or not she is alws called by her familly name not by her husband name and i write my maiden name in Q1.is it wrong answer?
You should have provided the maiden name because it's just the name of the person before marriage. In any case it's not a big issue and like 1 above will not do any damage to your application/interview.
3.in DS-230 Q31a "who will accompany u to the united sates now" i wrote my husbands full name but i am the derivatives not the principal.is it wrong too?
Pls tell me what i should do?
There is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello to all esp all the guys, Amecko9, Bennit, Akwasi and the rest, hope every one is well and kicking..
please I have some nagging questions I need answers to;
1. the first one is about the police report, how much am I going to pay and how long will it take? what are the processes Im supposed to go through?
I'm sure the guys who did their police reports in Ghana will help you in this regard.
2. about the visa fees, what is the exact cost now, since I read on the net that there's going to be an upward adjustment.
The Diversity Visa fee is currently ($305+$440+$74)=$819. It was increased this year, so I don't think there will be any further upward adjustment.
3. on the Affidavit of Support, I am getting problems cos the sponsor is saying that he has been providing them for some years now and may not be able to provide mine. In this case, is it still compulsory to get it?
thanks in advance
You don't need to leave any stone unturned, especially if you are having your interview in Ghana. My advice is to try and get a sponsorship from another person.

This is a petty mistake and it wont cost you the visa. Don't fret over it.

so am i not expected to write am email for this mistake to KCC?

You should have provided the maiden name because it's just the name of the person before marriage. In any case it's not a big issue and like 1 above will not do any damage to your application/interview.

In my country the name will never be changed even after marriage so i wrote my maiden name when it asked me my full name that is why i wrote N/A in the maiden name

There is nothing wrong with that.

anyway thank you so much for the reply.

I'm sure the guys who did their police reports in Ghana will help you in this regard.

The Diversity Visa fee is currently ($305+$440+$74)=$819. It was increased this year, so I don't think there will be any further upward adjustment.

You don't need to leave any stone unturned, especially if you are having your interview in Ghana. My advice is to try and get a sponsorship from another person.
thank you Ameck09 for the wonderful clarification and support all these while. God bless u abundantly

thank u ammeck for ur wonderful respond so i guess i should relax. how are the job situation like how many months it may take me to get job cos i need to spend 1 yr there and return to plete my school for the degree. or i should quit my school here and start it all over there. pls ammeck and the rest what should i do now.

seandelli am waiting for ur experience.

CN: 2010AF00033***
NL Rcvd: 6th May 2009
Forms Sent to KCC: 8th july, 2010
KCC Confirms Receipt: august , 2010
2nd Letter Received: ?????????
Medical Started: ?????????
3 Police Certs. Received: ?????
Medical Completed: ????
Interview Date: ????????
Visa Picked: ??????
POE: ??????????
SSC Received: ????????
GC Received: ?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back! Akwasi, please did u spend Ghc 307 in all at AKAI? If there has been any additional money, let me know.

I too don't have any vaccination record. Peace unto u my brother. Benniit

Yea Bennit you are right, the total medical cost is GHC305. That's how much you require to obtain a medical report. However the nurse tells me i have two more shots to take for the Hepatitis vaccine and each one costs GHC30. I'll have the first on my interview day (ie after the interview) and the second in February 2011, so technically, the total medical cost is GHC365!! Lots of cash for America!! cheers.

Hi everybody am new here. my problem is with the interview questions. Am a second year university student and will like to know the type of questions i will be ask during my interview and wanna know if i should include my first yr transcript or not.Looking at my case when am i proberbly gonna get my interview letter and when should i start my police report and AOS.

CN: 2010AF00033***
NL Rcvd: 6th May 2009
Forms Sent to KCC: 8th july, 2010
KCC Confirms Receipt: august , 2010
2nd Letter Received: ?????????
Medical Started: ?????????
3 Police Certs. Received: ?????
Medical Completed: ????
Interview Date: ????????
Visa Picked: ??????
POE: ??????????
SSC Received: ????????
GC Received: ?????????

i think u should current latest june, it culd be earlier dan dat.

yesterday i emailed to KCC and 2day they replied but didnt reply to my requiest of receit of my forms so do u think that it is safe to send my correction b4 i get receit confirmation? below is what i get from them

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is acceptable to use correction fluid to correct mistakes made while completing your forms. If you have detected an error on a form you have already submitted, you can send the corrected information to KCC through regular mail. If there are more than one or two minor corrections, you may submit a corrected copy of the forms. You can use photocopied forms or you can download them from http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frv...orms_1342.html.

Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:40 AM
To: KCC DV
Subject: Mistake on my DS-230 Form

Dear Sir/Madam

I realized that i made a mistake on my DS-230 Part I Form so shall i email u the mistake now or after i got
confirmation of receit of my Forms.

Full Name:xxxx,xxxx xxxxxxxxx
Confirmation Number:20111XKYIZV6xxxx
Date of Birth:xxx-xx-xxxx
Case Number:unknown yet

Thank You so much.

hi; sorry 4 being away 4 long. i had my interview on Monday and was succesful. i'l post my interview experience soon.

Wizyfbaby, i'm sure it'l answer most of your questions since am also in the university currently.

Frankyy, if u are the only one goin for the visa, u dont need an affidavit, i emailed te embassy b4 my interview and they told me i didnt need it in my case. I took it there anyway b@ the man taking my docs gave it back 2 me b4 sending the documents to the consular officer. He didnt even turn open 2 look at it.
The visa fees is 1228.58 cedis or 819 dollars.
I'l post my experience soon, just prayin d@ i wont be put on AP when i go to collect. Thanx.