• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Seandelli, we have still not heard your interview experience, and we're anxious to know what really happened. Please, do post it. Peace! Benniit

dv 2011

Seandelli, tryna share you experience with as ASAP!!! cos we are all waiting 4 Gods blessings !!!!!!!!!!! Peace Pashoky and can I get ya e-mail address plz...

Last edited by a moderator:
If u r an impatient person or have a thing against waiting for long hours,then prepare urself for the time of ur life cos there's a lot of waiting involved.
Ok so here is my experience.

I got to the embassy at around 6 30 am. A lot of people were gathered under a tree closeby so i joined them since the doors were about to be open.
The guard called us to form a queue in front of the embassy @ 7 15am, one which is for immigrant visa applicants and the other non immigrants.
After he took my appointment letter(1st page of second NL) he asked me to take a bowl which will be given to you and drop in it all electronic gadgets on you. I wanted to leave fast so i didnt take any gadgets.
After entering, i went through the security check and walked towards the embassy itself. There was no one there so i took a seat on some benches which were there. I was with a lot of other dv winners b@ i seemed to know a lot and what to do thanks to this forum.
As we sat there the guard directed other applicants who were not dv winners b@ coming for a visa to the embassy.
We sat there for a while until after about 45 mins, when a white man and a ghanaian came and gave us white sheets to fill in our names and your qualification(whether by education or occupation). He briefed us also about how much u'l pay and whether u want to reschedule and other things.
After filling the form, we took the form together with our notification letter to the guard, who will direct u to go and pay your money to the cashier.
After that, we waited for about 2hrs before the dv applicants were attended to.
We were called one after the other by the ghanaian who came to brief us outside;he took our documents and finger prints. I gave him all the docs i brout with me and he took out the ones he needed and gave the rest back to me.
After i did not wait for long before the Consular officer called my name to come to window 6.
CO: gudmornin
me: gudmornin
CO: are u married
Me: no
CO: do u have any children
me: no
CO: u have never been married
CO: it seems we have everythin we need, u are in the uni. Right, knust
Me: yes
CO: what course are u offernig
Me: i answer
CO: tell me about it
me: i answer
CO: would u like to take ur visa now or after u finish school in may?(cos am in final year)
Me: i'l take it now if u dont mind
CO: come on this day for ur visa.
He writes me a ticket and thats it. As easy as sleeping.

4 those in the university, About the docs, u need ur transcript(not necessarily but will help u prove ur in uni.), and an intro letter.
U need ur birth cert., wasssce/sssce with 4 passes inluding English and core maths, ur medical report and police report.
And ur passport and 2 passport pics(2" by 2")
u'l need 3 normal passport pics for ur medicals @ akai house, the medicals cost 308 cedis.
The police report can only be done at the headquarters in accra and is 20cedis.

Guys, i just picked up my visa today without any wahala,thanx to u guys n ur prayers. I thank God almighty for making it come 2 pass for me and all of us on this forum. Peace. There was a lot of waiting though, 7:30 to 10am. No one will attended to us until at 10. It was really tiring b@ worth it.

hi; sorry 4 being away 4 long. i had my interview on Monday and was succesful. i'l post my interview experience soon.

Wizyfbaby, i'm sure it'l answer most of your questions since am also in the university currently.

Frankyy, if u are the only one goin for the visa, u dont need an affidavit, i emailed te embassy b4 my interview and they told me i didnt need it in my case. I took it there anyway b@ the man taking my docs gave it back 2 me b4 sending the documents to the consular officer. He didnt even turn open 2 look at it.
The visa fees is 1228.58 cedis or 819 dollars.
I'l post my experience soon, just prayin d@ i wont be put on AP when i go to collect. Thanx.

Congratulations Seandelli, i wish u good luck in d U.S. & i pray dat Allah dat did ur shd also mak me successful & 4 other forumites

Joequi thanks for posting the visa bulletin for January.
Well guys, the figures are getting closer to last year's figures, a bit of improvement than the past 4 months. Hope it continues like that for the rest of the visa bulletin. Egypt is on the ascendancy...........

26,100 against 27,500 for Africa
12,100 against 14,000 for Nigeria
15,000 against 14,700 for Ethiopia
20,200 against 15,600 for Egypt.

Ammeck,

no problem i need to do it for our people.

One love.

If u r an impatient person or have a thing against waiting for long hours,then prepare urself for the time of ur life cos there's a lot of waiting involved.

I got to the embassy at around 6 30 am. A lot of people were gathered under a tree closeby so i joined them since the doors were about to be open.
The guard called us to form a queue in front of the embassy @ 7 15am, one which is for immigrant visa applicants and the other non immigrants.
After he took my appointment letter(1st page of second NL) he asked me to take a bowl which will be given to you and drop in it all electronic gadgets on you. I wanted to leave fast so i didnt take any gadgets.
After entering, i went through the security check and walked towards the embassy itself. There was no one there so i took a seat on some benches which were there. I was with a lot of other dv winners b@ i seemed to know a lot and what to do thanks to this forum.
As we sat there the guard directed other applicants who were not dv winners b@ coming for a visa to the embassy.
We sat there for a while until after about 45 mins, when a white man and a ghanaian came and gave us white sheets to fill in our names and your qualification(whether by education or occupation). He briefed us also about how much u'l pay and whether u want to reschedule and other things.
After filling the form, we took the form together with our notification letter to the guard, who will direct u to go and pay your money to the cashier.
We were called one after the other by the ghanaian who came to brief us outside;he took our documents and finger prints. I gave him all the docs i brout with me and he took out the ones he needed and gave the rest back to me.
After i did not wait for long before the Consular officer called my name to come to window 6.
CO: would u like to take ur visa now or after u finish school in may?(cos am in final year)

4 those in the university, About the docs, u need ur transcript(not necessarily but will help u prove ur in uni.), and an intro letter.
U need ur birth cert., wasssce/sssce with 4 passes inluding English and core maths, ur medical report and police report.
u'l need 3 normal passport pics for ur medicals @ akai house, the medicals cost 308 cedis.

Thanks be God, everyone of us on this forum will share testimonies like yours. Did the CO take AOS along with the other documents?

Hello,
i posted my dv lottery document on the 5th of november, 2010. But as at now i have get any result of receive. Meanwhile i have mail kcc asking whether my documents has been received. But the reply they gave me was to wait for 4 weeks. As at now there is know reply. Guys what should i do again.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. This is the kind of news we have been yearning to read from time time to time.

Guys, i just picked up my visa today without any wahala,thanx to u guys n ur prayers. I thank God almighty for making it come 2 pass for me and all of us on this forum. Peace. There was a lot of waiting though, 7:30 to 10am. No one will attended to us until at 10. It was really tiring b@ worth it.

Good to hear that! This means you have to activate your GC before you complete your studies in May or........

Hello,
i posted my dv lottery document on the 5th of november, 2010. But as at now i have get any result of receive. Meanwhile i have mail kcc asking whether my documents has been received. But the reply they gave me was to wait for 4 weeks. As at now there is know reply. Guys what should i do again.

Do as they have instructed. You need to wait for about 2 months after posting to know whether it has been received.

Congratulations once again

congrats man, thank God for your success; that's the same good news we pray to hear from all members of this forum. cheers

Hello,

Akuk4u you're gonna have to wait as they said. Theres a lot off waiting in this game I can tell you that, but the most important thing is that it'll come to pass!! Try and create a signature so we all can follow your progress. cheers

Having followed this thread about 3 months as a visitor, I'm thrilled by the outstanding contributions and the unselfish attitude of sucessful candidates both past n present. May God bless you all !!.

Having followed this thread about 3 months as a visitor, I'm thrilled by the outstanding contributions and the unselfish attitude of sucessful candidates both past n present. May God bless you all !!.

Great, man! Our God is alive! We're on a winning streak, because we serve a mighty God, who, will never forsake us when we call ön Him during intractable moments. Sean, give thanks to God. The latter part of your message detailed everything.

Did the co tell u 4 passes of waec/wasse are required including maths & english? How did u get to know that, Sean?

I must admit, you gave us a comprehensive testimony.
Only one person whose case is delaying, I mean Nsiah. But God will make a way. Please, with concerted efforts, let's always recall him in our prayers. Let us not forget that he, Nsiah was the 1st person who ushered us into the DV2011. Peace unto u all! Benniit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Dv-2011 from with a high case number. Do you think i would ever get called for interview? If i would when? when do think i should make my sponsor start filing my AOS? Thanks!