• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Yea Bennit you are right, the total medical cost is GHC305. That's how much you require to obtain a medical report. However the nurse tells me i have two more shots to take for the Hepatitis vaccine and each one costs GHC30. I'll have the first on my interview day (ie after the interview) and the second in February 2011, so technically, the total medical cost is GHC365!! Lots of cash for America!! cheers.

Thanks. bro. It shall be well with us. Peace! Benniit

hi; sorry 4 being away 4 long. i had my interview on Monday and was succesful. i'l post my interview experience soon.

Wizyfbaby, i'm sure it'l answer most of your questions since am also in the university currently.

Frankyy, if u are the only one goin for the visa, u dont need an affidavit, i emailed te embassy b4 my interview and they told me i didnt need it in my case. I took it there anyway b@ the man taking my docs gave it back 2 me b4 sending the documents to the consular officer. He didnt even turn open 2 look at it.
The visa fees is 1228.58 cedis or 819 dollars.
I'l post my experience soon, just prayin d@ i wont be put on AP when i go to collect. Thanx.

Congratulationsssssssssssss!!!!!!!!! Are you from Ghana? Thank God for another wonderful and successful interview. The trend continues! God, I thank you so much for your blessing and favor. I can't wait to read the interview experience. Peace! Benniit

hi; sorry 4 being away 4 long. i had my interview on Monday and was succesful. i'l post my interview experience soon.

Wizyfbaby, i'm sure it'l answer most of your questions since am also in the university currently.

Frankyy, if u are the only one goin for the visa, u dont need an affidavit, i emailed te embassy b4 my interview and they told me i didnt need it in my case. I took it there anyway b@ the man taking my docs gave it back 2 me b4 sending the documents to the consular officer. He didnt even turn open 2 look at it.
I'l post my experience soon, just prayin d@ i wont be put on AP when i go to collect. Thanx.
I will first say congratulationnnnsssss to you Seandelli for your success. I know by the grace of God, you will not be put on AP. so If i don't need the affidavit, what should I do before the interview? thanls bro. for your clarification. congrats once again for ya success. try and post dat experience for us. thanks alot
once again, wat was the cost of the police report and wat process did you go through in obtaining it? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

sendelli thanks for your quick reply AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! which part of Ghana are you and which skul and what level. Pls let me know the documents you took there earlier proving your skul.Also will you stop skul and start all over again in u s. what about the AOS.

CN: 2011AF00033***
NL Rcvd: 6th May 2009
Forms Sent to KCC: 8th july, 2010
KCC Confirms Receipt: august , 2010
2nd Letter Received: ?????????
Medical Started: ?????????
3 Police Certs. Received: ?????
Medical Completed: ????
Interview Date: ????????
Visa Picked: ??????
POE: ??????????
SSC Received: ????????
GC Received: ?????????

Last edited by a moderator:

congrats Sean, we thank God for your success and we're waitin for interview experience. The info about the AOS was particularly useful for we that are going alone; I guess I won't have to worry about that anymore. cheers.

congrats Sean, we thank God for your success and we're waitin for interview experience. The info about the AOS was particularly useful for we that are going alone; I guess I won't have to worry about that anymore. cheers.

God's already done it irrespective of having aos or not. It's a mandatory and a destined success. Peace! Benniit

Hi everybody am new here. my problem is with the interview questions. Am a second year university student and will like to know the type of questions i will be ask during my interview and wanna know if i should include my first yr transcript or not.Looking at my case when am i proberbly gonna get my interview letter and when should i start my police report and AOS.

Go with any certificate/transcript that you can lay your hands on. There are no specific questions to expect at the interview, any question can be asked and you must prepare to answer them, be it from your SSSCE or university courses. Looking at your case, you may probably be current in May (April or June is a possibility). You can start with the AOS any time from now but you can start the process for the medicals and police report when you are current.

yesterday i emailed to KCC and 2day they replied but didnt reply to my requiest of receit of my forms so do u think that it is safe to send my correction b4 i get receit confirmation? below is what i get from them

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is acceptable to use correction fluid to correct mistakes made while completing your forms. If you have detected an error on a form you have already submitted, you can send the corrected information to KCC through regular mail. If there are more than one or two minor corrections, you may submit a corrected copy of the forms. You can use photocopied forms or you can download them from http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frv...orms_1342.html.

Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:40 AM
To: KCC DV
Subject: Mistake on my DS-230 Form

Dear Sir/Madam

I realized that i made a mistake on my DS-230 Part I Form so shall i email u the mistake now or after i got
confirmation of receit of my Forms.

Full Name:xxxx,xxxx xxxxxxxxx
Confirmation Number:20111XKYIZV6xxxx
Date of Birth:xxx-xx-xxxx
Case Number:unknown yet

Thank You so much.

KCC will not confirm receipt of your forms. You can make any corrections to your forms until you are current. If you are current, you have to deal with the US consulate in your country.

Congrats!!! Awaiting your interview experience.

I will first say congratulationnnnsssss to you Seandelli for your success. I know by the grace of God, you will not be put on AP. so If i don't need the affidavit, what should I do before the interview? thanls bro. for your clarification. congrats once again for ya success. try and post dat experience for us. thanks alot
once again, wat was the cost of the police report and wat process did you go through in obtaining it? thanks

Most often, if you are single and no children you don't need the AOS.

Congratulations Seandelli, i wish u gud luck in d U.S. & i pray dat i'm also successful lik u

Congratulationsssssssssssss!!!!!!!!! Are you from Ghana? Thank God for another wonderful and successful interview. The trend continues! God, I thank you so much for your blessing and favor. I can't wait to read the interview experience. Peace! Benniit

yes bennit am from Ghana, i was one of the first to come across dis forum so am not a stranger, av jus been offline for so long.

Guys, I received my 2nd NL today finally;a two page letter indicating some does and don'ts basically. It didn't indicate the stuff I need to bring with me but rather directed me to step 4 on the dvselectee website. I guess this is it, one more document to go and and I'll be pretty much set .... medical report!! The count down is on people...cheers.

Forumites,
It is like I've been away for a while. I was kind of busy and out of town. I called KCC last week and my interview has been scheduled in January. I've had tough time getting the AOS only to know that its not even required now.Is this really true.

February DV Bulletine is out

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 26,100 Except: Egypt 20,200
Ethiopia 15,000
Nigeria 12,100
ASIA 14,850
EUROPE 17,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 810
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

February DV Bulletine is out

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 26,100 Except: Egypt 20,200
Ethiopia 15,000
Nigeria 12,100
ASIA 14,850
EUROPE 17,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 810
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

Joequi thanks for posting the visa bulletin for January.
Well guys, the figures are getting closer to last year's figures, a bit of improvement than the past 4 months. Hope it continues like that for the rest of the visa bulletin. Egypt is on the ascendancy...........

26,100 against 27,500 for Africa
12,100 against 14,000 for Nigeria
15,000 against 14,700 for Ethiopia
20,200 against 15,600 for Egypt.

Guys, I received my 2nd NL today finally;a two page letter indicating some does and don'ts basically. It didn't indicate the stuff I need to bring with me but rather directed me to step 4 on the dvselectee website. I guess this is it, one more document to go and and I'll be pretty much set .... medical report!! The count down is on people...cheers.

Massa, less that 4 weeks to go. We are with you in prayers.

Forumites,
It is like I've been away for a while. I was kind of busy and out of town. I called KCC last week and my interview has been scheduled in January. I've had tough time getting the AOS only to know that its not even required now.Is this really true.

It is better to be on a saver side than regret for not doing your best. Anything can happen at the interview - and there has not been a release from the consulate with regard to the AOS. What we have here is a reply someone got for his email and we are not certain if that is going to be the rule of thumb. Just be prepared and God will surely grant your wishes.

Thank God for receiving your 2nd nl. Peace! Benniit