• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

wondering..

Currently they are keeping all the documents (originals and photocopies) I gave them. I hope they would give it to me when I report to pick up my visa.

Nsiah, please at the security check point, was there anyting like a list of names of those expected to be present for interview? Or did it happen at any point where they cross-checked to see if you were expected there? pls clarify it for me ok. Thank you

Nsiah, please at the security check point, was there anyting like a list of names of those expected to be present for interview? Or did it happen at any point where they cross-checked to see if you were expected there? pls clarify it for me ok. Thank you

No Kyerewaa, there was nothing like that. We just went in as I have described.

Congratulations Nsiah, for the successful interview. The Lord is faithful and will see us all through.

Please after my friend wrote to KCC informing them of the mistake she made while entering the particulars of the petitioner, this is the response she got from KCC

"Please make the necessary corrections on the forms provided on the Department of State website, and KCC will update your case accordingly"

Does this mean that she should fill out only the petioner info. on form DS-230 Part two, scan and send to them?

Kindly advice, thank you

As Ammeck09 explained fill just the ds 230 form and make the correction. I have to add that I was given all the additional forms I sent to KCC at the Embassy. What it means is that if you sent any additional form for correction, KCC would select those that correspond to you and return all other forms back to you. That is exactly what happened in my case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nsiah, please tell me. Did you submit i-134 alone or both? And the letter from your sponsor's employer, how was it like? I mean what it entailed. Peace! Benniit

Nsiah, please tell me. Did you submit i-134 alone or both? And the letter from your sponsor's employer, how was it like? I mean what it entailed. Peace! Benniit

Nsiah, i too would llike to know about the affidavit of support forms you submitted. Pliz enlighten us.

Nsiah we thank God for your success. 'With God all things are possible, just as He has done it for, so shall it be done for all of us in this thread, Amen'; Nsiah i was wondering about the sponsorship, because from your interview experience, it seems there was no mention of any sponsorship or affidavit.
Did the CO ask of it?

Nsiah we thank God for your success. 'With God all things are possible, just as He has done it for, so shall it be done for all of us in this thread, Amen'; Nsiah i was wondering about the sponsorship, because from your interview experience, it seems there was no mention of any sponsorship or affidavit.
Did the CO ask of it?

Yes, that's what Maimazoo and I were asking Nsiah. He'll definitely give solutions to our questions once he comes online. Peace! Benniit

Dear Folks,

I contacted KCC last Tuesday to know the status of my application, as I am current inDecember.
Below was the reply they gave me. What should I do now, guys? I have the ff. already?

Passport
B. Cert
SSCE
Educ. Cert.

Should I please wait till November before I do my medicals and police report, or wait for response from KCC?
Please, advise me. The house is still remembering you in prayers, Kyerewaa. Peace! Benniit

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. If you are scheduled for an interview, you will receive a notification letter via postal mail from KCC. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Please refer to the visa bulletin on our website at www.travel.state.gov after the 15th of each month to locate the current numbers being processed.

Dear Folks,

I contacted KCC last Tuesday to know the status of my application, as I am current inDecember.
Below was the reply they gave me. What should I do now, guys? I have the ff. already?

Passport
B. Cert
SSCE
Educ. Cert.

Should I please wait till November before I do my medicals and police report, or wait for response from KCC?
Please, advise me. The house is still remembering you in prayers, Kyerewaa. Peace! Benniit

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. If you are scheduled for an interview, you will receive a notification letter via postal mail from KCC. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Please refer to the visa bulletin on our website at www.travel.state.gov after the 15th of each month to locate the current numbers being processed.

hey bro! I can see dat the spirit is high, ofcos kcc knows u are current 4 december, remember u submitted ur forms late, dats why its still proccessing, u still av enof time, and i'll suggest u wait a little, just be hopeful dat they finish processing by d end of dis month. U don't av any problem at all, u'll do ur medical first week of november. We'll be praying 4 u.

Dear Folks,

Passport
B. Cert
SSCE
Educ. Cert.

Bennit,
am not too much clear on this but if my guess is right, doesn't one need a Second letter in order to begin the medicals? i mean don't they( personnel at the various hospitals) ask of such documents before commercing the medical. cos if it is so then you would have to wait.

Bennit,
am not too much clear on this but if my guess is right, doesn't one need a Second letter in order to begin the medicals? i mean don't they( personnel at the various hospitals) ask of such documents before commercing the medical. cos if it is so then you would have to wait.

Thanks, bro. Will have to wait. Peace! Benniit

hey bro! I can see dat the spirit is high, ofcos kcc knows u are current 4 december, remember u submitted ur forms late, dats why its still proccessing, u still av enof time, and i'll suggest u wait a little, just be hopeful dat they finish processing by d end of dis month. U don't av any problem at all, u'll do ur medical first week of november. We'll be praying 4 u.

Thank you, chap! Peace! Benniit

Dear Folks,

Passport
B. Cert
SSCE
Educ. Cert.

Hi Benniit, it seems you sent your forms late that's why your application is still in the processing stages. I could remember you only found out you have won after checking online on/after July 1, and your forms was sent to KCC somewhere in August.

I will like to expatiate that it's not always true that one will have his/her interview in the month in which they are current. KCC schedule their interviews based on case numbers and when the forms are received. If your forms are received close to the period of being current, then you may miss the month in which you are current. So in this case, though your case number may be current in say December, but your interview will be schedule in January.

Hi Benniit, it seems you sent your forms late that's why your application is still in the processing stages. I could remember you only found out you have won after checking online on/after July 1, and your forms was sent to KCC somewhere in August.

I will like to expatiate that it's not always true that one will have his/her interview in the month in which they are current. KCC schedule their interviews based on case numbers and when the forms are received. If your forms are received close to the period of being current, then you may miss the month in which you are current. So in this case, though your case number may be current in say December, but your interview will be schedule in January.

Big bro, all that you said about me is true. I just have to wait and see what God does. Thanks. Peace! Benniit

Did the CO ask of it?

Sorry for the delay in answering your question, my network has been down for the past two days. Yes, I gave it to them because I had it. I added it to all my documents at window 1 when I met the lady (read through the first part of my experience). No document was asked at the actual interview. The form my sponsor filled was i-864 and no questions were asked about it. But I think form i-134 is also acceptable. Please all those attending their interview read through the first part of my experience carefully because I have detailed all that happened before the interview. Knowing what would happen before the actual interview is crucial to make you feel relaxed and confident. Interview questions could vary but the process could be the same.

There was no letter from my sponsor's employers but he added his pay slips, bank statement and a photocopy of his drivers license and green card. I submitted only i-864. Although I had the i-134, the lady who took my documents did did not ask for it so was the gentleman who interviewed me. Having the necessary documents is important but I don't think you should have exact documents as I had. The only document she specifically ask me were, my education certificate, police certificates, birth certificates, passport, photograph and I added the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was no letter from my sponsor's employers but he added his pay slips, bank statement and a photocopy of his drivers license and green card. I submitted only i-864. Although I had the i-134, the lady who took my documents did did not ask for it so was the gentleman who interviewed me. Having the necessary documents is important but I don't think you should have exact documents as I had. The only document she specifically ask me were, my education certificate, police certificates, birth certificates, passport, photograph and I added the rest.

Thank you, my dear. You've now clarified the air. Once again, congratulations! Peace! Benniit

Week of glory

This week is our week of GLORY, myself and Kyerewaa. I know that the good LORD who has seen us through and brought us this far will not let our stress be in vain.

Together we present ourselves to the Almighty to make our dream a REALITY!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!