• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

I went to the embassy today as i said i would. I got there around 6.10am and some people were already gathered under the tress. I went with my 2yr old son so we just kept pacing to and fro till 7.20 when we were asked to form a queue.. Just as nsiah described, we were grouped according to our appointment letters and taken through thorough security check. We then waited for a while at an open place and then all immigrant applicants were asked to form a queue again where the first page of our appointment letters were taken. A lady behind me was also a dv winner and she was worried cos she had also received a call that her date had been rescheduled. I told her i lso had the same call so we shd go in and verify. We did go in,sat down and waited for a while before four of us were called to window one. It was then that i realised that the dv winners were only 4. Two of us had not received any call at all. Well.. I thought the lady behind the counter would ask why i had come cos i had been informed of my new date. Suprisingly,s he only asked if we were ready for the inerview and we al said yes.
We were given a form to fill to verify wether we are qualifying with education or proffession and then we had to pay the fee. I paid for my son and i,sent it back to the lady who also asked ffor all my documents. We then had to wait for a while.

I was called later to window 3 to take my finger prints then waited for aa while. After a while, i was called for the actual interview at window 5.

Co: Are u married?
Me: No
co: Never married at all? Not even customary?
co: Typing..
Co: What work do u do?
Me: I teach.
Co: What do u teach?
Me: English.
Co: What aspects?
Me: Grammar, comprehension and composition.
Co: Looking through my certs... I can see u attended university and had a degree in english and history/
me: Yes
co: Ok. U qualify. However we need to be sure if your son is really sure so if u have any pixs.. He started to fill a certain form
luckily i took along my son"s baptism pixs..
Me: I have pixs here.. I gave to him
co: He went through nodding his head.. All is good.. He filled a blue sheet, gave to me and asked me to come on friday 22nd to collect my visa.

Look at what the lord has done.. If i had not gone there today... Im still in shock.. Who then made that call?

All the same, i thank god and thank you all for your prayers..

Kyerewaa,

Congrats on ua interview success, God is faithful to complete that which He starts. To Him be all the glory and honour. Tell me pliz, did the CO ask u for the affidavit of support?

I went to the embassy today as i said i would. I got there around 6.10am and some people were already gathered under the tress. I went with my 2yr old son so we just kept pacing to and fro till 7.20 when we were asked to form a queue.. Just as nsiah described, we were grouped according to our appointment letters and taken through thorough security check. We then waited for a while at an open place and then all immigrant applicants were asked to form a queue again where the first page of our appointment letters were taken. A lady behind me was also a dv winner and she was worried cos she had also received a call that her date had been rescheduled. I told her i lso had the same call so we shd go in and verify. We did go in,sat down and waited for a while before four of us were called to window one. It was then that i realised that the dv winners were only 4. Two of us had not received any call at all. Well.. I thought the lady behind the counter would ask why i had come cos i had been informed of my new date. Suprisingly,s he only asked if we were ready for the inerview and we al said yes.
We were given a form to fill to verify wether we are qualifying with education or proffession and then we had to pay the fee. I paid for my son and i,sent it back to the lady who also asked ffor all my documents. We then had to wait for a while.

I was called later to window 3 to take my finger prints then waited for aa while. After a while, i was called for the actual interview at window 5.

Co: Looking through my certs... I can see u attended university and had a degree in english and history/
co: Ok. U qualify. However we need to be sure if your son is really sure so if u have any pixs.. He started to fill a certain form
co: He went through nodding his head.. All is good.. He filled a blue sheet, gave to me and asked me to come on friday 22nd to collect my visa.

Look at what the lord has done.. If i had not gone there today... Im still in shock.. Who then made that call?

congratulations man, wat a sweet and short interview, its absolutely the Lord's doing, i'm sure ur interview did not even last upto 2mins. Thank God 4 u and ur bless son.

What an infamous and deceptive call? What? We all suggested that you go. My sister, God's on our side. I thank the Almighty for taking you through successfully. Why your visa collection date is shorter than that of Nsiah?
American Lady, were you interviewed by a male or female? Congratulations, my big sister!!! Chineke day our side! Peace! Benniit

Benniit dnt tell me u are an igbo man from nigeria, or how did u get to know abt d word chineke ? lol!

Quote Originally Posted by kyerewaa View Post

Congratulations kyerewaa

The Lord that did this in ur life will never stop doing good in our lifes,AMEN.

We will all testify to the goodness of God on this forum,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Hi all,

Does one have to fill in the DS 230 and DSP122 both the primary school and secondary school education? I went for some part of primary school (class 1 to 3) in one school and completed the rest of my primary education in another school where I did my primary level certificate exam. I attended all high school education in one school and attained the certificate of high school education. I do not have records of the first part of primary school education. Do I fill in the primary level education that I attended where I did my primary level certificate exam also or do I just fill in the High School qualification in the DS 230 and DSP 122 form? Would appreciate your advice. Thanks

Hi I am from uganda the online status indicate i was selected sent my info to KCC as indicated butas of now i have not received my first NL i have no clue about mY CN, what is your view

Hi I am from uganda the online status indicate i was selected sent my info to KCC as indicated butas of now i have not received my first NL i have no clue about mY CN, what is your view

Hi Nissi,
Did you send all forms (dsp 122, ds 230 parts I and II) to kcc? When did you send them? If you sent all the necessary forms to kcc before 2-3 weeks, you may now contact them through e mail (kccdv@state.gov) to ask about your case number and the receipt of your forms. You need to ask them repeatedly till they give you your case number. Good luck.

Kyerewaa,

Congrats on ua interview success, God is faithful to complete that which He starts. To Him be all the glory and honour. Tell me pliz, did the CO ask u for the affidavit of support?

Hi Mamaiwoo No,the CO did not ask me for the affidavit. It was rather the lady who called us first to window 1,who took all the documents. She didnt ask for them one after the other. She only asked for all the documents. I even thought she would say i shd give mine separately from my son's.. So i kinda held on a minute ba she instructed that i put all there. I hope i ve answered u.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benniit dnt tell me u are an igbo man from nigeria, or how did u get to know abt d word chineke ? lol!

hahaha, man! I listen to Naja songs and watch their movies, and of course I have some Nigerian friends. So that shd not take you by surprise at all. Peace! Benniit

Hi all,

Does one have to fill in the DS 230 and DSP122 both the primary school and secondary school education? I went for some part of primary school (class 1 to 3) in one school and completed the rest of my primary education in another school where I did my primary level certificate exam. I attended all high school education in one school and attained the certificate of high school education. I do not have records of the first part of primary school education. Do I fill in the primary level education that I attended where I did my primary level certificate exam also or do I just fill in the High School qualification in the DS 230 and DSP 122 form? Would appreciate your advice. Thanks

What about Junior High School? Primary school is not needed, as I know. Both Junior High and Senior High are needed. Peace! Benniit

Hi Nissi,
Did you send all forms (dsp 122, ds 230 parts I and II) to kcc? When did you send them? If you sent all the necessary forms to kcc before 2-3 weeks, you may now contact them through e mail (kccdv@state.gov) to ask about your case number and the receipt of your forms. You need to ask them repeatedly till they give you your case number. Good luck.

Nissi, I agree with Labora2. Peace! Benniit

Kyerewaa, you see ooo! what is your will never lost, for if it wasn't by the grace of Almighty God who blessed forumers with these ideas of you going on the actual said date and you have waited, who knows what might have happened. but hey that is over now and the Almighty Father has heard and answered our prayers. Glory be unto His Name.

Bennit am up for this week oooo... I know its already a done deal by the GRACE OF GOD.

stmykael, don't even for a second think of anything apart from success for your story will not be different from that of our sister in Jesus Name for as i have been saying, you are only going to the embassy to know of the day you are to pick your visa.
Relax for the Lord is in control.

stmykael, don't even for a second think of anything apart from success for your story will not be different from that of our sister in Jesus Name for as i have been saying, you are only going to the embassy to know of the day you are to pick your visa.
Relax for the Lord is in control.

I am praying so. I have so much FAITH IN GOD

Tomorrow will be one of the joyous and happiest days of the life of the forumers, as our big brother, the Saint of Michael will have an effortless interview. I'm reminding and entreating the house to please recall him in today's prayers. Prayer does everything! God has done it! I tell you He'll not let us down. Peace! Benniit