• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Tomorrow will be one of the joyous and happiest days of the life of the forumers, as our big brother, the Saint of Michael will have an effortless interview. I'm reminding and entreating the house to please recall him in today's prayers. Prayer does everything! God has done it! I tell you He'll not let us down. Peace! Benniit

Amen n Amen our LORD will not let us down. Thanks for all the inspiration Ben of NIIT. Am so grateful

Guys am so much overwhelmed by the numerous goodwill messages and kind words you pouring on me. i know if only it is the LORD's wish IT HAS ALREADY COME TO PASS.

Tomorrow God willing, forumers will have another joy of the week by reading my success story.
I am currently reviewing my documents and making sure i have all the required documents. Hopefully i will leave my base here for accra after work 2dae.
Please pray and seek God's travelling mercies for me as i embark on this journey.
I AM SO GRATEFUL GUYS, GOD RICHLY BLESS U ALL.

Guys am so much overwhelmed by the numerous goodwill messages and kind words you pouring on me. i know if only it is the LORD's wish IT HAS ALREADY COME TO PASS.

Tomorrow God willing, forumers will have another joy of the week by reading my success story.
I am currently reviewing my documents and making sure i have all the required documents. Hopefully i will leave my base here for accra after work 2dae.
Please pray and seek God's travelling mercies for me as i embark on this journey.

Goodluck myk, u are already a success. As a child of the most high God, journey mercies is ur right and He will grant u d mercies of a safe journey. Cant wait to read ur success story.

Hi everyone! I'm new here and have tried to read all the threads, but have not found an answer to my question...so if anyone would be kind enough to help me...?

I have a Qualification in Advertising and have the working- experience needed + some university classes (allthough I do NOT have a highschool diploma...) and my husband in Qualified in data prosessing and programming, but was trained in an apprenticeship and then after the training got qualified.....(does not have a highschool diploma) + has a long experience on the workfield he is trained to do...Now, there was no choice of our education in the application, so I used highschool (since it is probably the closest, because of the years(?) and one could not use the vocational, since it isn't the same thing either...) Did I make a mistake by doing this or will I be able to explain my choice later, if I or my hubbie will be lucky on the lottery?

Please, if someone could provide me some info, I would be more than happy!

Thanks in advance!

Ps. Thanks KENNYEAST for advicing me to post here, since I wasn't getting any answers on the DV2012-thread

@ Nsiah, Please was the white paper you were give at the interview meant for the qualification of highest level of education or did you have to list all qualifications you have?

Thank you

Just the education level you stated as your qualification criteria and not all qualifications

Hey bro, thumbs up for your interview tomorrow because you would be here to share your success story. We are behind you with prayers.

Hi everyone! I'm new here and have tried to read all the threads, but have not found an answer to my question...so if anyone would be kind enough to help me...?

I have a Qualification in Advertising and have the working- experience needed + some university classes (allthough I do NOT have a highschool diploma...) and my husband in Qualified in data prosessing and programming, but was trained in an apprenticeship and then after the training got qualified.....(does not have a highschool diploma) + has a long experience on the workfield he is trained to do...Now, there was no choice of our education in the application, so I used highschool (since it is probably the closest, because of the years(?) and one could not use the vocational, since it isn't the same thing either...) Did I make a mistake by doing this or will I be able to explain my choice later, if I or my hubbie will be lucky on the lottery?

Please, if someone could provide me some info, I would be more than happy!

Thanks in advance!

Ps. Thanks KENNYEAST for advicing me to post here, since I wasn't getting any answers on the DV2012-thread

I don't know what positions you have hold in the past 5 years but you can check if you qualify by keying in your position under the 'Keyword or O*NET-SOC Code' found at http://online.onetcenter.org/find/ and clicking GO. If your equivalent position is 7.0 range or higher (SVP), then you qualify to apply for the lottery.

Your husband who has qualification in Data Processing and Programming may qualify to apply for the dv lottery since his job range (SVP Range) is 7.0 to < 8.0. Read more from the O*NET center @ http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/15-1021.00

WHAT OCCUPATIONS QUALIFY FOR THE DV PROGRAM??
To determine eligibility based on work experience, definitions from the Department of Labor’s (DOL) O*Net OnLine database will be used. The O*Net Online Database groups job experience into five “job zones.” While many occupations are listed on the DOL Website, only certain specified occupations qualify for the DV Program. To qualify for a DV on the basis of your work experience, you must have, within the past five years, two years of experience in an occupation that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher.

HOW DO I FIND THE QUALIFYING OCCUPATIONS ON THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR WEB SITE?
Qualifying DV Occupations are shown on the DOL O*Net Online Database. Follow these steps to find out if your occupation qualifies: Select “Find Occupations” and then select a specific “Job Family.” For example, select Architecture and Engineering and click “GO.” Then click on the link for the specific Occupation. Following the same example, click Aerospace Engineers. After selecting a specific Occupation link, select the tab “Job Zone” to find out the designated Job Zone number and Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating range. For additional information see the Diversity Visa – List of Occupations webpage.
http://travel.state.gov/pdf/1318-DV2012Instructions-ENGL.pdf pp. 8 & 9

All the best

My dear,i wish you all the best ok. Go in the favour of the Lord. All is well.

@stmykael
You're already successful, just go and grab your visa. The underground work has been done by the almighty God and your presence at the embassy is to go and show yourself to them that you're the bona fide owner of the visa.

Good luck StMykael (Saint Michael.) Let Saint Michael be with you and lead you through your interview as he led the Israelites during their exodus from Egypt.

St. Michael,

All the best. May God go b4 u, open the visa doors wide open, and let u in.The US Visa is ua portion in Jesus' name.

We can't wait for that good breaking news from our brother, Stmykael. The Lord will have compassion with you and that compassion will be transferred to the CO for the issuance of the visa. The Lord's favor is upon you this morning, bro. Peace unto you! Benniit

Success Story

...when we pray in Jesus' name Jehovah will answer us

Is not by my strength neither it is by my might that i come before beloved forumers and share my success story.
GOD IS GOOD! GOD IS GOOD!! GOD IS GOOD!!!

brothers and sisters i tendered myself in for interview this morning and you kno what?
I AM GOING FOR MY VISA NEXT WEDNESDAY 27th .

please join me in thanking the ALMIGHTY for what he has done for me.

To you fellow forumers, your advices, experience, care, prayers and the sense of belongingness went far in helping me make this dream a reality. I AM SO GRATEFUL AND AS HE HAS DONE FOR ME MAY HE DO SAME FOR YOU IN JESUS' NAME.

my interview experience will follow shortly

Last edited by a moderator: