• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Indeed,our God is such an awesome God. See what He has done with Nsiah! We thank God..Goodness and Mercy shall follow us too..amen! Ben,my interview precedes that of Stmykael. Originally,it should have been on 18th but according to the supposed phone call,im to report on 20th instead. All the same,as i said earlier,i will still go there on the 18th to be pretty much sure. Congrats Nsiah! Im so thrilled for you

That is right Kyerewaa, just go and verify. The Environment is so relaxed and calm. But please explain to the guard at the entrance to the interview section before he collects the first page of your 2nd letter. You will need it on your actual interview date if the postponement is true.

Reading your interview experience, it looks like the CO was given you mostly rhetoric questions. This happens when you are well-prepared. Congratulations and wish you all the best.

Thank you Ammeck09. You are a true brother

Now the actual interview

At window 5

CO (Consular Officer): How are you?
Me: Answered
CO: Place your right thumb on the machine in front of you
Me: done
CO: (pushing a form in front of me) Please sign the reddish marked line on the form
CO: Are you married?
CO: Any children
Me Answered
CO: (Typing information quickly on screen)
Me: Looking on
CO: (Going through my documents) You have so and so qualification from so and so University
CO: Have you worked in your qualified field before?
CO: (asking casually without looking at me) you were in the UK so and so time.
ME: Answered
CO: (looking for UK police certificate) How many years were you there?
CO: What did you do in the UK
CO: Which school?
CO: (flipping through my passport) You have been to Country A and B in Africa
CO: What did you go to country B to do?
CO: Have you been to any other African country especially those bordering Ghana?
CO: (looking through form ds 230) Is so and so your Dad?
CO: (still looking) Is so and so your mother?
CO: How many siblings have you?
CO: (Went quite and kept typing on the screen for about two minutes) Sorry to keep you waiting I have to get this information on my system.
Me: Oh that is alright
CO: You want to change your destination address I presume: (I had informed him at the beginning of the interview I want to change my sponsor)
CO: Where is your new destination address? Do you have it here?
Me: Showed it to him
CO: (quickly types my new sponsors address) hey, from your former address to current address is a long distance
Me: I know
Then he pulled up a blue sheet and started writing on it. He turned to me and said “We are keeping your passport. Come back in three weeks to pick up your visa. Please don’t make any travel arrangements until you have picked your visa” He handed over the blue sheet to me. I took the sheet, thanked him and walked out of the Embassy. I was in cloud nine. That is all brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was more like two adults having a conversation and nothing more.
So to Stmykael, Benniit, Kyerewaa and all those yet to appear for their interviews, be strong, confident and above all be prayerful. The story about your success has already been written and the pens already dried up. We are waiting for your testimony!!!

Congrats Nsiah for breaking the ice for us 2011 winners on this forum and we especially thank God for your success. You know your case is quite similar to mine in that I had to change my sponsor and it turns out that won't really be an issue. Thanks for sharing your experience and I know we'll all learn from it. Cheers.

Next on Line

As our prayers for nsiah7 has been fruitful, its time we turn our focus to the next person on the line which is my dear sis KYEREWAA after which i follow suit. Bros n Sis lets go on our knees and commit the coming interviews all into the hands of the Almighty and pray against all machinations of the devil if there may be any.

I know our God will never fail us..TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

As our prayers for nsiah7 has been fruitful, its time we turn our focus to the next person on the line which is my dear sis KYEREWAA after which i follow suit. Bros n Sis lets go on our knees and commit the coming interviews all into the hands of the Almighty and pray against all machinations of the devil if there may be any.

We are with both of you and for you is our prayers. Next week is your week and you shall come here to Glorify his name.

Indeed,our God is such an awesome God. See what He has done with Nsiah! We thank God..Goodness and Mercy shall follow us too..amen! Ben,my interview precedes that of Stmykael. Originally,it should have been on 18th but according to the supposed phone call,im to report on 20th instead. All the same,as i said earlier,i will still go there on the 18th to be pretty much sure. Congrats Nsiah! Im so thrilled for you

Once we know the next person (Kyerewaa) on the prayer list, no hesitation at all. We all need a concerted effort and a united front to push our dear sister to the top for success. Yes, make yourself present on the 18th to avoid any dejection and disappointment. I told you all already that once the wall of Jericho was broken, it is done in His great name, amen! The Lord has taken 99% of our worries, the remnant 1%, is for our presence at embassy. My sister, I will not forget you in my daily prayers. Our petitions are already answered in Jesus' name. Peace unto you, my dear! Benniit

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the actual interview

At window 5

CO: (pushing a form in front of me) Please sign the reddish marked line on the form
Me Answered
CO: (Going through my documents) You have so and so qualification from so and so University
CO: Have you been to any other African country especially those bordering Ghana?
CO: (Went quite and kept typing on the screen for about two minutes) Sorry to keep you waiting I have to get this information on my system.
CO: You want to change your destination address I presume: (I had informed him at the beginning of the interview I want to change my sponsor)
CO: (quickly types my new sponsors address) hey, from your former address to current address is a long distance
Then he pulled up a blue sheet and started writing on it. He turned to me and said “We are keeping your passport. Come back in three weeks to pick up your visa. Please don’t make any travel arrangements until you have picked your visa” He handed over the blue sheet to me. I took the sheet, thanked him and walked out of the Embassy. I was in cloud nine. That is all brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So to Stmykael, Benniit, Kyerewaa and all those yet to appear for their interviews, be strong, confident and above all be prayerful. The story about your success has already been written and the pens already dried up. We are waiting for your testimony!!!

nsiah7,

Congratulations!!! nsiah7,

The God that did this in your life will never stop doing the same in the life of ALL of Us on this forum.

We wish all those going for interview this month of october a suuccessful interview ahead and they will All come here on this forum and share theior testimonies,AMEN!!

It is well with all of us and we will ALL testify to the goodness of God in our life,Amennnn

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is right Kyerewaa, just go and verify. The Environment is so relaxed and calm. But please explain to the guard at the entrance to the interview section before he collects the first page of your 2nd letter. You will need it on your actual interview date if the postponement is true.

Thanks Nsiah. I will do just that. My fingers are crossed!

Now the actual interview

At window 5

Me Answered

from the look of things, what the Almighty Father has decreed to be yours is yours no matter how the devil attempts to take it. that was a smooth interview and we give thanks to HIM who has made it possible. Amen.

kyerewaa and stmykael, don't be afraid for we are with you in prayers just as we were with our bro nsiah, for the battle has already been fought and VICTORY has be claimed in the name of JESUS and so the only thing you guy have to do is to make yourselves present at the embassy and know which time you are to pick your visas.

kyerewaa and stmykael, don't be afraid for we are with you in prayers just as we were with our bro nsiah, for the battle has already been fought and VICTORY has be claimed in the name of JESUS and so the only thing you guy have to do is to make yourselves present at the embassy and know which time you are to pick your visas.

I like that, which means there is an absolute unity in the house. God bless u, bro. Our sufferings are over!!! Thank you Jesus. Peace! Benniit

Thanks Mick . Let us keep praying for each other. I do appreciate it a great deal

@Nsiah Congrats for your success. I believe this will usher in a wave of successes this year. Stay blessed.

@Kyerewaa I believe you have prepared and done your utmost best. Leave the rest to God and we shall be adding another success story to the one we have so far.

Folks, I'm now back in Ghana to wind up and embark on the Journey by February 2011. Stay blessed.

Congratulations Nsiah, for the successful interview. The Lord is faithful and will see us all through.

Please after my friend wrote to KCC informing them of the mistake she made while entering the particulars of the petitioner, this is the response she got from KCC

"Please make the necessary corrections on the forms provided on the Department of State website, and KCC will update your case accordingly"

Does this mean that she should fill out only the petioner info. on form DS-230 Part two, scan and send to them?

Kindly advice, thank you

Congratulations Nsiah, for the successful interview. The Lord is faithful and will see us all through.

Please after my friend wrote to KCC informing them of the mistake she made while entering the particulars of the petitioner, this is the response she got from KCC

"Please make the necessary corrections on the forms provided on the Department of State website, and KCC will update your case accordingly"

Does this mean that she should fill out only the petioner info. on form DS-230 Part two, scan and send to them?

Kindly advice, thank you

Yes, she should download that page again and complete all the sections including the petitioner's details and send it by attachment to KCC.