• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

First of all I would like to thank all the forumers for their wonderful contribution. Kudos to people like Ammeck09 and Alexee357 who have been our mentors with conviction. Also to Stmykael and Benniit and the rest who have kept this forum active, and prevented it from dying a premature death. All Dv2011 winners in this forum should also know that we are blessed to be here because the information we share here is very, very and very valuable. I would have been at lost completely without this forum.

My interview was scheduled at 7:30am on the 12th Oct 2010, so I arrived at the US Embassy ground around 5:55am I went there early to avoid being caught up in the early morning Accra traffic. Please all should endeavour to reach there early. At least 1 hour before your interview time. I then inquired from a security guard (if you don’t know ask) what I was expected to do and he told me to join a small group of expectant interviewees waiting under a tree just close by. As time ebb away other prospective interviewees joined and thence, an Evangelist appeared and kept all of us alert with verses of hope from the scriptures. I met two other guys who were there for non-immigrant visa and we chatted for a long time.

At about 7:15am we were all asked to join one single queue but were separated into immigrant and non-immigrant visa applicant by the time we got to the front of the queue. That was the last time I saw the friends I made in the morning. What an irony!

At the entrance to the Embassy proper, we went through security checks and mobiles phones and all other gadgets not allowed inside the Embassy were taken by the security guards for safe keeping. I did not carry any phone on me hence did not wait long at this entrance. We were then ushered into an open space where we waited for few minutes before we were asked to proceed to another door. The door leads to the consular section where interviews take place. At the door, I was asked to leave the first page of my 2nd notification letter and that was where I met two other DV 2011 winners. They also did same. We were asked to make ourselves comfortable and wait to be called.

Whiles waiting I decided to start a conversation with the other DV2011 winners to find out their level of preparation and if there were anything I needed to know. To my surprise, they had little or no clue about the DV further processing and in fact, they had not finished getting a passport, neither did they have their medicals. One of them (a guy and a lady) even said she had not brought any money for payment. I asked them why then did they return their forms so early and quickly to KCC if they were not ready. They did not know it could be done that way and this was free information everybody in on our forum had.

Before I could asked them further questions, we (three of us) were called to window one and behind the window was a pleasant looking Ghanaian lady. She asked whether we were ready to be interviewed and I said YES but the rest said NO. Yes because if you have wonderful people in a forum like this forum you would always say YEEEEEESSSSS! The lady’s demeanour quickly changed when they said NO and looking very irritating she started;
Lady: Why are you not ready?
Guy: My passport is not ready?
Lady: When did you receive your fist notification letter? Was it not enough time for you to get a passport?
Guy: April
Lady: Why did you turn up for the interview then? Do you turn up for a job interview to then tell your prospective employers you are not ready to be interviewed without any notice? When do you think you would have another interview date? Other days are for other people and we cannot guarantee you any date soon. She finally asked them to go and sit down.
All this while I was quietly standing looking at what was unfolding. If this guy and the lady had chanced on this forum, right from day one, their problems would have been minimal.
The lady then turned to me with her initial pleasant face and handed over two sheet of paper (white and yellow). The white was a form to fill which required my qualification, family situation and then signed and dated. I took the yellow paper to the cashier and paid the DV fee which was 819 us dollars. Please forumers make sure you buy dollars and take it there. Their dollar rate is too high!

After the payment I took the two sheets together with my receipt to the same lady and then she asked me to give her all my documents which I did (My passport, Police certificate, birth certificate, educational certificate, passport picture, AOS, Medicals). I was asked to wait for my interview. Whiles waiting another DV 2011 winner who observed me going about approached me and wanted some information. She had no qualification and wanted to know if she should go ahead and pay the fee. She said she had some job experience training and wanted to know if she could use that. Reading from this forum how difficult it is to get by with job qualification I offered her some few advices. Then I saw the other two passport-less DV2011 walking to window 1 and I finally saw them leaving the Embassy. Right there I heard my name called to come to window 5. Quickly, I walked briskly to the window and in front of me was a white cheerful looking guy. Then my interview began.
Actual interview coming soon!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The God we serve has open the gates of His Blessings and Mercy. He has done it for me and surely, so would it be for all those who are coming after me.

But fellow 2011 winners, let us give thanks to the past winners especially Ammeck09 for their wonderful guidance, answers, suggestions and tuition. Without people like Ammeck09 some of us would have been in wonderland as some of the 2011 winners I met at the Embassy. I will tell you all the drama that unfolded at the Embassy with some 2011 winners when I detailed you about my experience later. To God be the Glory!

nsiah, to God be the glory, honor and adoration for the wonderous thing He has done and is yet to do in your life. We thank Him for such a pleasant experience and hope He guides you through all necessary preparations.

Actual interview coming soon!![/QUOTE]

nsiah, thanks very much for the insight as to how the whole process is. indeed this thread is a place one needs to be and with God all things will end up very Good.....can't wait to read the successful interview. the Lord be with you.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

First of all I would like to thank all the forumers for their wonderful contribution. Kudos to people like Ammeck09 and Alexee357 who have been our mentors with conviction. Also to Stmykael and Benniit and the rest who have kept this forum active, and prevented it from dying a premature death. All Dv2011 winners in this forum should also know that we are blessed to be here because the information we share here is very, very and very valuable. I would have been at lost completely without this forum.

My interview was scheduled at 7:30am on the 12th Oct 2010, so I arrived at the US Embassy ground around 5:55am I went there early to avoid being caught up in the early morning Accra traffic. Please all should endeavour to reach there early. At least 1 hour before your interview time. I then inquired from a security guard (if you don’t know ask) what I was expected to do and he told me to join a small group of expectant interviewees waiting under a tree just close by. As time ebb away other prospective interviewees joined and thence, an Evangelist appeared and kept all of us alert with verses of hope from the scriptures. I met two other guys who were there for non-immigrant visa and we chatted for a long time.

At about 7:15am we were all asked to join one single queue but were separated into immigrant and non-immigrant visa applicant by the time we got to the front of the queue. That was the last time I saw the friends I made in the morning. What an irony!

At the entrance to the Embassy proper, we went through security checks and mobiles phones and all other gadgets not allowed inside the Embassy were taken by the security guards for safe keeping. I did not carry any phone on me hence did not wait long at this entrance. We were then ushered into an open space where we waited for few minutes before we were asked to proceed to another door. The door leads to the consular section where interviews take place. At the door, I was asked to leave the first page of my 2nd notification letter and that was where I met two other DV 2011 winners. They also did same. We were asked to make ourselves comfortable and wait to be called.

Whiles waiting I decided to start a conversation with the other DV2011 winners to find out their level of preparation and if there were anything I needed to know. To my surprise, they had little or no clue about the DV further processing and in fact, they had not finished getting a passport, neither did they have their medicals. One of them (a guy and a lady) even said she had not brought any money for payment. I asked them why then did they return their forms so early and quickly to KCC if they were not ready. They did not know it could be done that way and this was free information everybody in on our forum had.

Before I could asked them further questions, we (three of us) were called to window one and behind the window was a pleasant looking Ghanaian lady. She asked whether we were ready to be interviewed and I said YES but the rest said NO. Yes because if you have wonderful people in a forum like this forum you would always say YEEEEEESSSSS! The lady’s demeanour quickly changed when they said NO and looking very irritating she started;
Lady: When did you receive your fist notification letter? Was it not enough time for you to get a passport?
Lady: Why did you turn up for the interview then? Do you turn up for a job interview to then tell your prospective employers you are not ready to be interviewed without any notice? When do you think you would have another interview date? Other days are for other people and we cannot guarantee you any date soon. She finally asked them to go and sit down.
All this while I was quietly standing looking at what was unfolding. If this guy and the lady had chanced on this forum, right from day one, their problems would have been minimal.
The lady then turned to me with her initial pleasant face and handed over two sheet of paper (white and yellow). The white was a form to fill which required my qualification, family situation and then signed and dated. I took the yellow paper to the cashier and paid the DV fee which was 819 us dollars. Please forumers make sure you buy dollars and take it there. Their dollar rate is too high!

After the payment I took the two sheets together with my receipt to the same lady and then she asked me to give her all my documents which I did (My passport, Police certificate, birth certificate, educational certificate, passport picture, AOS, Medicals). I was asked to wait for my interview. Whiles waiting another DV 2011 winner who observed me going about approached me and wanted some information. She had no qualification and wanted to know if she should go ahead and pay the fee. She said she had some job experience training and wanted to know if she could use that. Reading from this forum how difficult it is to get by with job qualification I offered her some few advices. Then I saw the other two passport-less DV2011 walking to window 1 and I finally saw them leaving the Embassy. Right there I heard my name called to come to window 5. Quickly, I walked briskly to the window and in front of me was a white cheerful looking guy. Then my interview began.

Nice reading your interview experience. Eagerly awaiting the actual interview.

nsiah7
congrations we so glad for you. we eagerly wait for the actual interview experience. CONGRATULATIONS.God that started it
with you will perfect it for everyone of us

The God we serve has open the gates of His Blessings and Mercy. He has done it for me and surely, so would it be for all those who are coming after me.

But fellow 2011 winners, let us give thanks to the past winners especially Ammeck09 for their wonderful guidance, answers, suggestions and tuition. Without people like Ammeck09 some of us would have been in wonderland as some of the 2011 winners I met at the Embassy. I will tell you all the drama that unfolded at the Embassy with some 2011 winners when I detailed you about my experience later. To God be the Glory!
Thank God for what He has done for you. He will do it for the rest of us too.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I can't wait to read the real interview experience. Thanks be unto Our God for the Great and Indescribable thing He has done for you.

Now the actual interview

At window 5

CO (Consular Officer): How are you?
Me: Answered
CO: Place your right thumb on the machine in front of you
Me: done
CO: (pushing a form in front of me) Please sign the reddish marked line on the form
CO: Are you married?
CO: Any children
Me Answered
CO: (Typing information quickly on screen)
Me: Looking on
CO: (Going through my documents) You have so and so qualification from so and so University
CO: Have you worked in your qualified field before?
CO: (asking casually without looking at me) you were in the UK so and so time.
ME: Answered
CO: (looking for UK police certificate) How many years were you there?
CO: What did you do in the UK
CO: Which school?
CO: (flipping through my passport) You have been to Country A and B in Africa
CO: What did you go to country B to do?
CO: Have you been to any other African country especially those bordering Ghana?
CO: (looking through form ds 230) Is so and so your Dad?
CO: (still looking) Is so and so your mother?
CO: How many siblings have you?
CO: (Went quite and kept typing on the screen for about two minutes) Sorry to keep you waiting I have to get this information on my system.
Me: Oh that is alright
CO: You want to change your destination address I presume: (I had informed him at the beginning of the interview I want to change my sponsor)
CO: Where is your new destination address? Do you have it here?
Me: Showed it to him
CO: (quickly types my new sponsors address) hey, from your former address to current address is a long distance
Me: I know
Then he pulled up a blue sheet and started writing on it. He turned to me and said “We are keeping your passport. Come back in three weeks to pick up your visa. Please don’t make any travel arrangements until you have picked your visa” He handed over the blue sheet to me. I took the sheet, thanked him and walked out of the Embassy. I was in cloud nine. That is all brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was more like two adults having a conversation and nothing more.
So to Stmykael, Benniit, Kyerewaa and all those yet to appear for their interviews, be strong, confident and above all be prayerful. The story about your success has already been written and the pens already dried up. We are waiting for your testimony!!!

Currently they are keeping all the documents (originals and photocopies) I gave them. I hope they would give it to me when I report to pick up my visa.

Now the actual interview

At window 5

CO: (pushing a form in front of me) Please sign the reddish marked line on the form
Me Answered
CO: (Going through my documents) You have so and so qualification from so and so University
CO: Have you been to any other African country especially those bordering Ghana?
CO: (Went quite and kept typing on the screen for about two minutes) Sorry to keep you waiting I have to get this information on my system.
CO: You want to change your destination address I presume: (I had informed him at the beginning of the interview I want to change my sponsor)
CO: (quickly types my new sponsors address) hey, from your former address to current address is a long distance
Then he pulled up a blue sheet and started writing on it. He turned to me and said “We are keeping your passport. Come back in three weeks to pick up your visa. Please don’t make any travel arrangements until you have picked your visa” He handed over the blue sheet to me. I took the sheet, thanked him and walked out of the Embassy. I was in cloud nine. That is all brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So to Stmykael, Benniit, Kyerewaa and all those yet to appear for their interviews, be strong, confident and above all be prayerful. The story about your success has already been written and the pens already dried up. We are waiting for your testimony!!!

Thanks Nsiah. That was a detailed account. Congrats on your success. Now I am more than confident that all is going to be well wit me.

Fakye me, bro for the late response. Egwe, Lord of Host! I magnify your majestic & immaculate name. Great is Jehovah. Bro, I told u that you'd be the opener of 2011 Gh thread. We'll all pass through in His unfailing name, amen! I'm at my wit's end. Cogratulatiöns, bro!
Peace! Benniit

Currently they are keeping all the documents (originals and photocopies) I gave them. I hope they would give it to me when I report to pick up my visa.

Oh God, you're so good! That was gr8, Nsiah! That's really gr8! So concise it was. It was not by your might, but by the might of Him. We glorify you, Lord. I thank You for listening to my prayer. More wonders shall come, once the wall of Jericho has been broken by Nsiah through Him. Who's next on the bill for prayers? I guess Kyerwaa's interview precedes Stmykael's. Well, which ever way it goes, someone must be on the prayer line. But hitting the nail straight on the head, hits the target much faster, thus the essence of knowing the next person on the prayer line. God bless you. Nsiah, once more, congrats. These are testimonies we wanna hear in this godly forum. Peace! Benniit

Now the actual interview

At window 5

Me Answered
That's soothing to the ears. What shall I say unto our God, all I have to say is AKPE.....

Now the actual interview

At window 5

Me Answered

Reading your interview experience, it looks like the CO was given you mostly rhetoric questions. This happens when you are well-prepared. Congratulations and wish you all the best.

You will get them back when you go for the visa. Though you have been approved, they still need time to check your documents to find its authencity.

Awesome!

Oh God, you're so good! That was gr8, Nsiah! That's really gr8! So concise it was. It was not by your might, but by the might of Him. We glorify you, Lord. I thank You for listening to my prayer. More wonders shall come, once the wall of Jericho has been broken by Nsiah through Him. Who's next on the bill for prayers? I guess Kyerwaa's interview precedes Stmykael's. Well, which ever way it goes, someone must be on the prayer line. But hitting the nail straight on the head, hits the target much faster, thus the essence of knowing the next person on the prayer line. God bless you. Nsiah, once more, congrats. These are testimonies we wanna hear in this godly forum. Peace! Benniit

Indeed,our God is such an awesome God. See what He has done with Nsiah! We thank God..Goodness and Mercy shall follow us too..amen! Ben,my interview precedes that of Stmykael. Originally,it should have been on 18th but according to the supposed phone call,im to report on 20th instead. All the same,as i said earlier,i will still go there on the 18th to be pretty much sure. Congrats Nsiah! Im so thrilled for you

Wow!

Now the actual interview

At window 5

Me Answered

That was it? Wow! I bet you didnt even spend more than 10mins. Im so happy for you Nsiah. I believe my story will also be as smooth-sailing as yours.

Now the actual interview

At window 5

Me Answered

Nsiah7,

I have been following ua case and i must say i am extremely happy for you. What God can do no man can do. To Him be all the glory, power and honour. It shall be unto us the same, the visas are ours in Jesus' name.

That was it? Wow! I bet you didnt even spend more than 10mins. Im so happy for you Nsiah. I believe my story will also be as smooth-sailing as yours.

Your case would not be different Sis. Just have faith and go to the Embassy prepared to have a chat and get a date to pick your visa. He is in control.