• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Hey guys,
Please share your ideas on whether or not I will get an interview schedule for october. My case number is 2011AF000005**. I received 1st NL on june 23 and sent the forms back on june 24. KCC yesterday said on phone that my forms are waiting to be processed.
Thanks.

Don't worry you will get your interview next month. It is not every cn that becomes current and gets interview in the same month. Maybe something happened which delayed your forms on the way to kcc.

Ammeck09, i went for the visa yesterday and thankfully it's valid for a year.

i wonder if i will ever use it because i believe once i secure my DV Visathis B1/B2 visa would be revoked.

It will be revoke whether you get the dv or not but this is a good sign that you will get the dv visa.

Hello everybody,
I am here as a new member to this forum and will like to use this opportunity to congratulate all those that have gotten their GC visa already. Goodluck to all those who are hoping but are yet to be on the score board. I have just been able to read few of the posts, at which point i am poised to commend you guys for the awesome help towards each other.

CN: 2011AF00035XXX
NL Rcvd:26th May 2010
Forms Sent to KCC: 4th June 2010
KCC Confirmed Receipt: 11th June 2010.

Hello everybody,
I am here as a new member to this forum and will like to use this opportunity to congratulate all those that have gotten their GC visa already. Goodluck to all those who are hoping but are yet to be on the score board. I have just been able to read few of the posts, at which point i am poised to commend you guys for the awesome help towards each other.

Welcome to the house full of brothers with positive thinking and very prayerful. Whatever it is that is your concerns would be, don't hesitate to lay it out. We have in this house seasoned brothers who will comment and give you seasoned advice. Once again you are welcomed.

Thanks Ammeck09. I really appreciate it. These Ghanian and Nigerian threads are really wonderful and very helpful for all of us from all over Africa. I am from Ethiopia but have benefited a lot from your threads. I would like to thank all participating in these threads and please keep it up.
CN: 2011AF000005**
NL received: 23 june 2010
Forms sent to KCC: 24 june 2010
2nd letter: waiting

Hello everybody,

Hi chappodee2011,

Welcome to the house.

Hello everybody,

You have come to the right place where the success rate currently is 100%. Once you come here regularly and put your issues across, you are likely to succeed.

Thanks Ammeck09. I really appreciate it. These Ghanian and Nigerian threads are really wonderful and very helpful for all of us from all over Africa. I am from Ethiopia but have benefited a lot from your threads. I would like to thank all participating in these threads and please keep it up.
CN: 2011AF000005**
NL received: 23 june 2010
Forms sent to KCC: 24 june 2010
2nd letter: waiting

We are one family here and we are our brother's keeper. Whatever issues you have - bring it here and I can assure you that guys here will try to help.

Please Ameck, I would like to know much about the affidavite. what is it and can someone do it for you?

Every dv visa applicant must demonstrate that when they move to the US they will not become a public charge (will not depend on the government for food and shelter). One way of demonstrating this is by submitting an affidavit of support. Affidavit of support is a form normally completed by a person who is a US citizen or green card holder (lawful permanent resident) agreeing to sponsor (support) you financially during your stay in the US until such a time that you can be financially independent.

AMMECK and all,pls could you brief me on what the medicals entail? What actually do they check for? Does having hepititis B disqualify one from attaining the visa?

The medical examination consists of a physical examination (eyes, ears, nose, throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin and external genitalia) chest X-ray and a blood test, which includes testing for venereal disease (e.g. syphilis infection). The blood test and X-ray are generally not required of persons under the age of 15, but they are required, under existing United States immigration law, of all other persons.

Your vaccination records will be reviewed to verify whether you meet the United States vaccination requirement, or if it is medically inappropriate for you to receive any of the vaccinations listed in the vaccination chart you received from the Embassy.

If you do not have a vaccination record of any of the required vaccines, you can be vaccinated on the day of your medical examination.

Pregnant women need not undergo the X-ray if they do no wish to do so. Arrangements can be made to have an X-Ray taken at a later date once the baby is born.

ammeck09 and ALL,

Dear ALL,

I have a question to ask;

When we (myself and my wife) applied for the DV 2011,we had already used our new SURNAME(myself,as the principal winner;cos I rearranged my name,using my first name as my SURNAME) cos we new we would get married a month after the Dv Lottery application which we did by Gods grace;we did a change of name after the wedding.

My question now is,can I still use my former "Birth Certificate" dt carries my former Surname or I should obtain a new "Birth Certificate" with my new Surname?

Though,I have done an affidavit and newspaper publication for the change of Name.

Please assist!!!!!

I wish ALL of US success in OUR various upcoming interviews,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't do or make a new birth certificate. Names can change but birth certificate is obtain once in ones lifetime. Maintain it and use those documents (affidavit and newspaper publication) to support the change of name(s).

Hello everybody,

Bro, welcome to the house of destiny finders through God. You're@ the right place, bro. Peace! Benniit

Dear Friends

Please advise if someone can explain visa bulletin , which one we have to follow B or C to know whether our case number is current or not
See following example of July 2010 visa bulletin

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 54,100

Except:
Egypt: 24,500
Ethiopia: 25,100
Nigeria: 18,850

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN AUGUST

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 64,300
Except:
Egypt: 26,000
Ethiopia: 25,625
Nigeria: 22,000

Any one can interpret the bulletin , it would be appreciated.

Regards

The visa bulletin is published every month between 8th and 15th. As indicated above, that visa bulletin is for July but they always also give an advance notification for those who will be current in the month that follows (in this case August). It is your case number that determines which to follow, but generally you have to follow every visa bulletin to know the trend so as to predict/forecast when you will be current.

Thanks a lot

The medical examination consists of a physical examination (eyes, ears, nose, throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin and external genitalia) chest X-ray and a blood test, which includes testing for venereal disease (e.g. syphilis infection). The blood test and X-ray are generally not required of persons under the age of 15, but they are required, under existing United States immigration law, of all other persons.

Your vaccination records will be reviewed to verify whether you meet the United States vaccination requirement, or if it is medically inappropriate for you to receive any of the vaccinations listed in the vaccination chart you received from the Embassy.

If you do not have a vaccination record of any of the required vaccines, you can be vaccinated on the day of your medical examination.

Pregnant women need not undergo the X-ray if they do no wish to do so. Arrangements can be made to have an X-Ray taken at a later date once the baby is born.

Thanks ammeck. That was very detailed indeed.. very helpful. Thanks.

Affidavite (what is it?)

on my form, it is demanding petitioner. I would like to know what to write there. Is the petitioner the affidavite?

Really?

Petitioner is you the dv winner. It is not the one to give you affidavit.

Ammeck, im very certain i read somewhere that the petitioner is the one giving the affidavit of support. I cant remember exactly where but surely it was mentioned somewhere in the dvselectee instructions. I stand to be corrected though.

Ammeck, im very certain i read somewhere that the petitioner is the one giving the affidavit of support. I cant remember exactly where but surely it was mentioned somewhere in the dvselectee instructions. I stand to be corrected though.

People always confuses with someone petitioning for fiance/children and that of dv visa applications. If someone want his fiance/children to join them in the US they have to file an application for visa on their behalf. In this case it is the person in the US who is applying the visa for their family, and therefore they are termed as petitioners. Under dv it is the winner who is applying the visa for themselves and their family, therefore dv applications are self-petitioning. Those completing the affidavits are sponsors not petitioners under dv visa applications.

Benniit, Ammeck09, Alexee357, Nsiah and all others thank you very much for the warm welcome. I just made an impromptu trip to a remote area, reason why i could not communicate with you guys for a little while. Well, i see alot of good things going on, and i am really thrilled to join you guys again. Together we can easily do this shit successfully!
Goodluck to all!!