• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

POLICE REPORT

Hi everyone, Please can someone tell wether is only the principal applicant who need police report or does it applies to all the dependants above 18yrs.

GOD BLESS

The principal applicant and any dependent above the age of 16 years. If any of the visa applicant has lived in another country for 6 or more months since the age of 16, they have to obtain police certificate from that country too.

Try to change it before going for the interview. I know in Ghana it's better for you to have one person who will act as your sponsor as well as using the same person's address as your living place while in the US.

Hi ammeck, I managed to drop KCC a mail yesternight to effect the change, at the same time I received a mail from KCC today that a date has not been assigned to my case yet (in response to a mail I sent them earlier). I hope the change goes through. But do you think I might have to send another form because of this change? I changed both the sponser address and residence address. Thanks man.

Hi all,
I am a Dv 2011 winner with a low case number of 5**. I received my first NL in june 23 and sent the forms back to KCC next day in june 24, 2010. I called KCC yesterday and they told me that my forms are waiting to be processed (not yet processed.) Do you think the forms were returned to KCC too late not to get an interview appointmet for October?
Thanks a lot.

Good, I know they will surely reply to your email. With that you can use it for your medicals.

AMMECK and all,pls could you brief me on what the medicals entail? What actually do they check for? Does having hepititis B disqualify one from attaining the visa?

Thanks a lot Ammeck,I'm so greatful. Anyway how is your preparation to the promise land so far?Stay bless.

If you guys remember I let the forum know that I wrongly dated my Ds forms after I have sent them. I did alert KCC to effect the correction on the forms, but sent me the message below. I'm asking whether I should submit a new form? Peace! Benniit

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is acceptable to use correction fluid to correct mistakes made while completing your forms. If you have detected an error on a form you have already submitted, you can send the corrected information to KCC through regular mail or email. If there are more than one or two minor corrections, you may submit a corrected copy of the forms. You can use photocopied forms or you can download them from http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html.

If you guys remember I let the forum know that I wrongly dated my Ds forms after I have sent them. I did alert KCC to effect the correction on the forms, but sent me the message below. I'm asking whether I should submit a new form? Peace! Benniit

It is acceptable to use correction fluid to correct mistakes made while completing your forms. If you have detected an error on a form you have already submitted, you can send the corrected information to KCC through regular mail or email. If there are more than one or two minor corrections, you may submit a corrected copy of the forms. You can use photocopied forms or you can download them from http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html.

Hey guys,
Please share your ideas on whether or not I will get an interview schedule for october. My case number is 2011AF000005**. I received 1st NL on june 23 and sent the forms back on june 24. KCC yesterday said on phone that my forms are waiting to be processed.
Thanks.

it depends on your situation. for instance if you are going alone believe me they won't ask you for an affidavit of support. the reason for me knowing is that, someone close to me recently had his interview and he even didn't take it along.
but if you are going wit someone then i think you should do something about it. which i think members can help you out with.

Hi ammeck, I managed to drop KCC a mail yesternight to effect the change, at the same time I received a mail from KCC today that a date has not been assigned to my case yet (in response to a mail I sent them earlier). I hope the change goes through. But do you think I might have to send another form because of this change? I changed both the sponser address and residence address. Thanks man.

Once an interview date have not been scheduled for you, they will make the necessary changes on your file. If at this time an interview date has not been scheduled for you, it means you have lost out having your interview in October. You are likely to have your interview in November.

Hi, Ammeck & co

It is acceptable to use correction fluid to correct mistakes made while completing your forms. If you have detected an error on a form you have already submitted, you can send the corrected information to KCC through regular mail or email. If there are more than one or two minor corrections, you may submit a corrected copy of the forms. You can use photocopied forms or you can download them from http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frv...orms_1342.html.

Good, at least that one has been cleared. That means you have a great chance to pass your dv visa interview. Wish you all the best.

Ammeck09, i went for the visa yesterday and thankfully it's valid for a year.

i wonder if i will ever use it because i believe once i secure my DV Visathis B1/B2 visa would be revoked.

It is acceptable to use correction fluid to correct mistakes made while completing your forms. If you have detected an error on a form you have already submitted, you can send the corrected information to KCC through regular mail or email. If there are more than one or two minor corrections, you may submit a corrected copy of the forms. You can use photocopied forms or you can download them from http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frv...orms_1342.html.

Bennit
I think in your case an email will suffice since you're not updating a whole lot of information. I actually called them about the same thing for my case and they didn't mention anything about resending the forms, just email. But you could call them and see what they say too. cheers.

Please Ameck, I would like to know much about the affidavite. what is it and can someone do it for you?

Bennit
I think in your case an email will suffice since you're not updating a whole lot of information. I actually called them about the same thing for my case and they didn't mention anything about resending the forms, just email. But you could call them and see what they say too. cheers.

Thanks, Akwasi_yankee, I will email them. Peace! Benniit.

As advised above, just a simple email can be used to correct this problem. There is no need to resend another form just because of wrong dating the forms. Note that any communications with KCC will be added to your file.

As advised above, just a simple email can be used to correct this problem. There is no need to resend another form just because of wrong dating the forms. Note that any communications with KCC will be added to your file.

ammeck09 and ALL,

Dear ALL,

I have a question to ask;

When we (myself and my wife) applied for the DV 2011,we had already used our new SURNAME(myself,as the principal winner;cos I rearranged my name,using my first name as my SURNAME) cos we new we would get married a month after the Dv Lottery application which we did by Gods grace;we did a change of name after the wedding.

My question now is,can I still use my former "Birth Certificate" dt carries my former Surname or I should obtain a new "Birth Certificate" with my new Surname?

Though,I have done an affidavit and newspaper publication for the change of Name.

Please assist!!!!!

I wish ALL of US success in OUR various upcoming interviews,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Friends

Please advise if someone can explain visa bulletin , which one we have to follow B or C to know whether our case number is current or not
See following example of July 2010 visa bulletin

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 54,100

Except:
Egypt: 24,500
Ethiopia: 25,100
Nigeria: 18,850

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN AUGUST

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
AFRICA 64,300
Except:
Egypt: 26,000
Ethiopia: 25,625
Nigeria: 22,000

Any one can interpret the bulletin , it would be appreciated.

Regards

Dear Friends

Please advise if someone can explain visa bulletin , which one we have to follow B or C to know whether our case number is current or not
See following example of July 2010 visa bulletin

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA 54,100

Except:
Egypt: 24,500
Ethiopia: 25,100
Nigeria: 18,850

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN AUGUST

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
AFRICA 64,300
Except:
Egypt: 26,000
Ethiopia: 25,625
Nigeria: 22,000

Any one can interpret the bulletin , it would be appreciated.

Regards

hi there,
follow the august one coz we are in august. The september one is already out though and africa is current. Whats your case number?