• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

I call KCC today and guess what my interview date have been scheduled within the second week of October.
Preparation right away!!!!

TO HIM BE ALL PRAISES AND GLORY

Last edited by a moderator:
I call KCC today and guess what my interview date have been scheduled within the second week of October.
Preparation right away!!!!

TO HIM BE ALL PRAISES AND GLORY

Amen!!! Congrats bro! guess this put ur preparations in first gear! Go Go Go Go for it... Its yours!!!

congrats dear (apparently my ex gf also bears de same name)! hope you have started gathering all the necessary documents and making plans to have de medicals and police certificate.

can you please create a timeline or a signature?

i went to do the police report today.. Will pick it up two and a half weeks from now. Im now waiting for the 2nd letter in order to do the medical as well. Stmykael.. Nice to know u once had a 'kyerewaa' in ur life. Ok,this is my'small' signature.. Ha ha.,

CN:2011AF00007***

Good now you can go ahead to gather the necessary documentation while you wait for the d-day. Now your mind can be set at ease knowing your interview date.

exactly so Ammeck. Im now relaxed and praying for success. Thanks for all your pieces of advice.

5 passes in SSCE and a winner of DV2011

Hello people, I am new to this wonderful site and I believe you'll help me out. I am from Kumasi, and a winner of DV2011 Lottery. I am using education for the qualification and I have both SSCE and a Professional Diploma certificate from a recognized IT institution. My problem is, I have 5 passes in Senior High School including Maths & English. I'm I qualified? Because, I read at the US site that you need to successfully complete a 12 year education equal to the SHS in the US and they did not mention any grade qualification. Please HELP advise me. Thanks in advance.

Hello people, I am new to this wonderful site and I believe you'll help me out. I am from Kumasi, and a winner of DV2011 Lottery. I am using education for the qualification and I have both SSCE and a Professional Diploma certificate from a recognized IT institution. My problem is, I have 5 passes in Senior High School including Maths & English. I'm I qualified? Because, I read at the US site that you need to successfully complete a 12 year education equal to the SHS in the US and they did not mention any grade qualification. Please HELP advise me. Thanks in advance.

Hi kumasi Boy,

Once you have english and maths, you are through my brother. Let us know your CN so that we can give your the best of advice in relation to your application.

Hi Kumasi Boy, gud and took my advice and join this thread. welcome on board bro. feel free to share your experiences and ask for any clarifications or help you will need. we are our brother's keepers here.

in the meantime try organise a timeline or signature so we can help u

i went to do the police report today.. Will pick it up two and a half weeks from now. Im now waiting for the 2nd letter in order to do the medical as well. Stmykael.. Nice to know u once had a 'kyerewaa' in ur life. Ok,this is my'small' signature.. Ha ha.,

CN:2011AF00007540

hahahahahaaaa.. good to know you've started gathering the required documents. all da best sis

we are wanting to add my sister to my friend's in his lottery process as marriage couple. in this case which type of marriage certificate will it require. (ordinary or customary marriage certificate) i need your help now. Please, they were also asking of place you are going to stay, the address and the one who is going to support you when you are there. Please, is that person the affidavite? and if you provide the address, are they going to contact him/her personally.

hallo aduk4u, before proceeding with the application...make sure you have looked at the risks of adding somebody just for the geencard sake. This people are clever and if you read previous threads, you will see what is required of married couples. BAck to your question, they need to get married ordinary....they do not accept customary marriages. Also on where to stay, I dont think they contact the person directly but the person you will stay with doesnt have to be your sponsor

Help on procdere

My friend got his letter on April and we decide to add my sister. through that we have got their birth certificate, work certificate (since they are using working experience), passport. We have not yet submitted our KCC letter. also my friend was single before entering the application he has now decided to add my sister to it. please, can't it affect us for not sending our documents on time? can we email KCC for status changes.
please, if there is any anything, kindly show me the procedure and how to go through it.
hoping to hear from you soon. thanks

we are wanting to add my sister to my friend's in his lottery process as marriage couple. in this case which type of marriage certificate will it require. (ordinary or customary marriage certificate) i need your help now. Please, they were also asking of place you are going to stay, the address and the one who is going to support you when you are there. Please, is that person the affidavite? and if you provide the address, are they going to contact him/her personally.

You need a marriage certificate from either the metropolitan or local councils (AMA/KMA or the district council/assemble) whichever is convenient. You need pictures too (while signing the marriage certificate). for the address, if you are unsure just put 'not available now' there. The person who lives in the address that you will provide on the form should not necessarily be your sponsor. That perosn may or may not be contacted before your visa interview.

I have not yet send the forms to KCC will it be a matter of disqualifying me? since i want to get all my documents ready.

No, it will not disqualify you. You can even send in next year and you could still get the visa, but it's important that it's sent early so that the visas may not run out before your number becomes current.

CN:2011AF00007540

You don't need to wait for your 2nd letter to commence your medicals. Send email to kcc and print their reply to commence the medicals.

You are within the qualifying standard set by kcc. The minimum qualification is 5 passes including English and Maths in the WAEC O/L or SSSCE. Once you have this qualification, it's assumed that you have completed 12 years of formal education.

This is a quote from Ghanaweb made by one Mr. Evans, Chief of the Consular Section of the US Embassy in Ghana.
Mr Evans said the criteria set for the application included five passes in the West African Examination Council (WAEC) Ordinary and Advance Levels examinations or a West African Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (WASSCE) or a Senior School Certificate of Education (SSSCE) including English and Mathematics.

He said it also includes an HND Certificate or University Degree, or an occupation with two years working experience in specific fields.

congrats, looking forward for your interview experience.

Definitely! I will share it with everybody. Thank you for painstakingly researching and sharing your result regarding DV with everybody in this forum. God bless you.

To you again Ammeck09: Do you think I can write or call the Ghana America consulate now to change my primary sponsor? Thank you

I don't understand the affidavite very well. i don't know if it is the one am going to stay with. please let me know